Official FMELClan 06 Thread.....The 3rd Outing

threadbanner18qo.gif

FMELClan embark on there 3rd outing

Due to numerous errors from our first game and the last game deciding to not load on us we decided to scrap the first game, had to scrap the 2nd game so therefore start a fresh.

The new game will be played on 6.0.3 with data patch which will see 12 managers pit themselves against each other in order to find out who really is the greatest daddy of all in FMELC.

However there are some rules and boundries like in all fm clans which will make the game much harder and all players will have to take into account all these rules which can be found on our website aswell as many other things Here

The line up

Lee Owens - Plymouth Argyle

Ant Banach - Derby County

Ben Austin - Tottenham Hotspur

Jimmy Cale - Portsmouth

Shaun Jones - Wigan Athletic

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Aida Connolly - Aston Villa

Sean Bell - Newcastle United

Mike Law - Ipswich Town

Rick Boult - Manchester City

Simon White - Crystal Palace

Stevey Toner - Currently no club (on leave)

We currently have all the members we need so please dont post in this thread if you are looking for a clan to join. This thread is for reports and in game banter only.

If you an avid follower of our threads then you should already know how long we have been around for if not then Where you been all this time? icon_razz.gif

FMELC has been around for 3 years and did make it to the fmo established clan list at one point despite it being a farce.

We continue to improve every year and are always adding new things to our game so if you want to follow our progress then keep your eyes on this thread.

The only thing left now is to wish all fellow managers good luck and let them know Plymouth will be no pushover icon_smile.gif

Intros from members aswell as banners for all members to use with their reports to be posted........

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

threadbanner18qo.gif

FMELClan embark on there 3rd outing

Due to numerous errors from our first game and the last game deciding to not load on us we decided to scrap the first game, had to scrap the 2nd game so therefore start a fresh.

The new game will be played on 6.0.3 with data patch which will see 12 managers pit themselves against each other in order to find out who really is the greatest daddy of all in FMELC.

However there are some rules and boundries like in all fm clans which will make the game much harder and all players will have to take into account all these rules which can be found on our website aswell as many other things Here

The line up

Jimmy Cale - Portsmouth

Mike Law - Ipswich Town

Stevey Toner - Currently no club (on leave)

We currently have all the members we need so please dont post in this thread if you are looking for a clan to join. This thread is for reports and in game banter only.

If you an avid follower of our threads then you should already know how long we have been around for if not then Where you been all this time? icon_razz.gif

FMELC has been around for 3 years and did make it to the fmo established clan list at one point despite it being a farce.

We continue to improve every year and are always adding new things to our game so if you want to follow our progress then keep your eyes on this thread.

The only thing left now is to wish all fellow managers good luck and let them know Plymouth will be no pushover icon_smile.gif

Intros from members aswell as banners for all members to use with their reports to be posted........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Good Luck with your third try icon_smile.gif 3rd time lucky !

Thats weird how you guys and us(EFB) had these problems at the same time

all the best

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers man

Fingers crossed no **** ups this time

Here are the sigs for the 3rd (and hopefully the final) outging of FM2006, as people have re picked team i have a now done a banner for everyone, if you do not like your banner then tough icon_smile.gif, you know what to do Right Click Image > Propeties for all the codes

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/710/boro5ef.gif

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3659/mancity7hn.gif

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6609/palace0nw.gif

Jimmy Cale - Portsmouth

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/336/pompey6mi.gif

Mike Law - Ipswich Town

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2235/untitled17up1.gif

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7916/villa5vi.gif

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9251/wigan6ck.gif

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1764/derby3cp.gif

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4609/newcastle5ig.gif

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/15/plymouth8hw.gif

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2728/tottenham7dq.gif

Thanks Ben.

Top stuff buddy no spelling mistakes this time icon_razz.gif

Remember guys FMELC again kicks off tonight I will be putting game up a little earlier than usual so you can have some more t+t time.

Roll on the restart and hopefully it all goes well icon_smile.gif

pompey6mi.gif

Milan Mandaric has enough of Harry

The second coming of foul mouthed Harry has ended at Fratton Park today as Milan Mandaric finally severed links with the man nicknamed Jump Ship Harry.

But who was his right hand man at the press conference to announce this news to the media? Many confused looks were exchanged as Milan Mandaric went on about securing a "young intelligent manager who understands how I want this club run".

As the conference went on it was becoming clear this "right hand man" was to be playing an important role in the conference and so it he did. At 2.15pm James Cale was announced as new manager of Portsmouth Football Club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After Harry finally removed the last of his Sweet stocks from his office it was time to fill the rather large chair Harry had bought but could fit out the door. And so this morning we crossed the T's and dotted the I's for a new manager. Ladies and Gentleman im pleased to introduce the new manager of Portsmouth football club, Mr James Cale. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cale looked like a rabbit in the headlights, not just any headlights, really bright ones and burn the skin. He stuttered a half welcome to the reporters and gave a brief insight into his aims for the club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Thankyou for the welcome and thankyou Milan for this great oppurtunity. Im hoping that we can turn this club around from relegation fodder to a european team within 2 years. The chairman has given me great financial support to make that happen and i hope to repay that faith sooner rather than later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The chance for questions to the new guy was next with the assembled media quick to ask questions of how a nobody suddenly became manager of a Premiership footballer. All questions with regards to the qualifications were quickly answered by Milan Mandaric rather than the new man.

With many questions still unanswered it was left with Cale to have the final say.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Understandably the fans will question my appointment as quite obviously you guys do. All i will say is this - i give 100% and i expect my players to do the same. I wear my heart on my sleeve and i will never give up. Portsmouth will be in Europe within the next 2 seasons. And i expect to lead them there and that is a promise i will keep. Thankyou and good day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So a bold promise but is it all that of dreams? some might say Cale is already living the dream becoming manager of a premiership club with little or no experience of managing a football side. Time will tell if this is a big joke or a story to tell your children.

tottenham7dq.gif

Austin arrives at White Hart Lane

After a week of speculation over Dutchman Martin Jol losing his role as manager at Tottenham Hotspur because of a serious matter concerning him and another gay premiership manager (who will not be named at this time) his contract has been terminated with immediate effect. Now with Martin Jol without a club to go to it looks as if he will be off abroad but likely to remain somewhere in Europe.

With only hours after Jol losing his role as manager Daniel Levy wasted no time in appointing his young cousin from Havant Town, Portsmouth Ben Austin as the teams new manager. This will become a big shock to bookies as he was not on the books and hot favourite was Rafa Benitez of Liverpool. With no experience in the football world Ben Austin has an A Lever in football management from one of the biggest sports colleges in the world ‘Leigh Park College’. Although many, many fans and players will be upset Ben Austin is set to make a mark a White Hart Lane. He had this to say…

“I know this has upset many fans this has come as a big shock to me also, but I can assure you, I would not have been appointed if I was not fit for the job. I have had a talk with the players today and they all seem to be pleased someone English has been appointed and a fresh face to the game also. I plan on bringing in some BIG names also maybe not right now but later on in the season. I can also assure that Jermaine Defoe will not be going anywhere unless I receive an offer above £25,000,000. Other player’s contracts I cannot comment on at this time but I am sure no big names will be going.

I want to take Tottenham into Europe next season and I don’t mean UEFA I mean the Champions League this is a promise I plan on keeping. Well thank you for your time I have a team to manageâ€

Well with Ben Austin looking at Champions League this seems very unlikely for him and the team but as well all know strange things happen in the football world.

newcastle5ig.gif

Newcastle Appoint Bell as Manager

Newcastle United's chairman, Freddy Sheapard, yesterday introduced new manager Sean Bell to

the media. Bell is a unknown Scottish manager who only has local experience. Mr Sheapard

explained that although Bell had no real experience he thought that he was the right man to lead the club forward,back to challenging for the league where the club should be.

Bell Stated "I am delighted to be at such a big club as Newcastle so early in my carrear and will hopefully repay the faith that the Chairman has shown in me. I feel that i am the right man for the job and i can bring the glory days back to the club. We have a lot of good quality youngsters and a few experienced players at the club and it is my job to look for somemore quality youngsters, that will improve the squad overall. I feel that we have 3 of the 4 positions on the field covered well, in goalkeeper, midfield and attack we have quality, maybe lacking slightly in depth, but the quality is definetly there. We do however have a slightly shady defence, i feel we have probably 3 half decent defenders and 1 potentially quality defender in young Stephen Taylor, so i aim to bring in 3 quality defenders who will enhance the squad.

It is my aim that the club should be challenging for European qualification this season, maybe even making this seasons EUFA cup with a successful EURO Vase campaign, although this could be difficult as it falls so early in the season and i will have to used the current squad to gain qualification. I also hope that we can challenge for both of the domestic cups this season and have a good league campaign, challenging for the title may be a dream, but i feel that is maybe a couple of seasons away just now.

Bell certainly seems to be confident that he is the man for the job, but only time will tell if he is the right man for the job.

threadbanner18qo.gif

Season 01 predictions

So here it is the predictions for season 01 i wont be the slightest in anyway a bit biast either....or so i say icon_biggrin.gif

Member that is voted manager of the year every season on our own website forums in the clan will have to do predictions for the following season and because I will never be voted the manager of year im doing the first season predictions icon_biggrin.gif

So here goes.....

Will be a tough old season for me as no one wants to join shitty old Plymouth. I'll be lucky if i stay in the championship but if i can form my usual polish army then I should be safe.

The guaranteed sale of Doumbe will also give me some more cash to play with but when no one wants to join you then it basically just a case of playing with the cash in my hands.

Final position: 20th

Anty Banach - Derby

A little bit more up market this club are well compared to Plymouth but most clubs are icon_biggrin.gif and are one of the clubs in hunt for promotion from the championship but looking at the current squad I cant see how.

Lack of cash will take its toll but with there decent stadium it should generate more revenue and an extra couple of pence each month to make up for the little finances Derby do have.

Final position: 8th

Ben Austin - Tottenham

Didnt really show much in the last game apart from he enjoyed changing clubs quite often icon_smile.gif.

Still he showed that leaping from job to job wasnt gonna stop him and with Tottenhams current squad he should be able to get them all in working order and hopefully playing some good bits of footy on the pitch.

Shouldnt be struggling this season but will the high expectations from the Tottenham board be a little too much for Ben

Final position: 5th

Shaun Jones - Wigan

Wigan have some good players, plenty of cash in the kitty and a pitch coated in gold what more could you want?

Well a decent manager would be nice and hopefully Shaun can prove to the wigan possy that he is one of them.

Will no doubt be ordering batches of players but it will those players that will determine how well he does in this first season.

Final position: 11th

Razor as he likes to be called managed these in our first outing but due to selling his star man AJ it didnt work out all too well.

Here he has a 2nd chance to prove he can succeed at Crystal Palace so lets hope the same mistake wont happen again icon_smile.gif.

Final position: 4th

Mike Law - Ipswich Town

Again another manager that has gone back to his old club. Ipswich are another team that are promotion contenders in the championship and due to Mikes past experience I think they will go up without much of a fight.

Another big capacity stadium which will generate enough income for the big games.

Final position: 1st

Will do well to make something out of Manchester City and selling the whole squad is a good first step to make icon_smile.gif.

Should bring in some quality players and it should be a pretty good season for rick.

I dont think Man city will have to worry about relegation for this first season the only thing they do have to worry about is making up the numbers for all the players that will be leaving.

Final position: 14th

Aidan Connolly - Aston Villa

Seeing Aida at a different club than Wba somewhat has me pretty mythed.

Im hoping his season after season of achievements with WBA will help play a part in doing well with Villa.

Im sure aida will have the villans playing proper football in no time.

Final position: 10th

Boro are Crap in real life and a bit overated in fm icon_razz.gif

But im sure si will disagree but one thing is for sure is that he is at home with the team he supports and will probably no doubt make boro a title challenging team within a couple of seasons.

Watch out also if you just about to confirm a deal for a decent player as si has a habit of getting him right at the last minute icon_smile.gif.

Final position: 7th

James Cale - Portsmouth

The only FMELC manager not to be sacked yet in all our outings in fm/cm since 2003 will this season be the one where he finally does get the boot?

I very much doubt it as Portsmouth similar to chelsea have a rich owner that will give Jimmy the cash he needs to make Portsmouth a decent club.

Its no wonder Jimmy when recently introducing himself to players and chairman was a little bit drunk It was later discovered that Jimmy had been partying the night before with all expenses paid for by mr nice gy Milan Mandaric icon_smile.gif.

Will just have to hope he can stay on the good side of Mandaric and if he delivers results then he shouldnt have much of a problem.

Final position: 9th

Probably got one of the best picks out of everyone as Newcastle have a lot going for them they are in europe and due to that have a massive stadium.

The only thing they dont have much of is money but if Newcastle progress far in the euro cup then that should sort them out.

Still that wont stop sean from scouting the market for quality talent although I dont think Newcastle will need strengthing too much in the first season.

Final position: 6th

Good luck to everyone first season and Come on you pilgrims icon14.gif

Ok after alot of thought i believe i have made a huge mistake in letting Carrick leave for such a stupud amount 3.4 i believe it was and now i am upset! I want you to know Carrick I do love you and i will get you back one day, Although i didnt need him and he was in reserves he is still my favourite player and is no excuse really i am sorry Carrick. I also didnt get the player i really wanted to im peed off even more but ive made offers for more players and hopefully i get one or all if not i will be very upset! Thanks alot for taking your time to read this, it means alot

plymouth8hw.gif

Fans upset by appointment of new unknown rookie manager

Fans today were gathered outside Home Park taking part in a protest as an unknown manager nicknamed "Lee The Great" was to take charge with immediate effect after Tony Pulis was given the boot after a fallout with the chairman.

Many know very little about Lee Owens and due to this it has got the fans worrying whether he actually knows anything about Football.

One thing thats for sure though is when at this evenings press conference he stated his ambitions for the club and it was clear that he does aim to improve Plymouth and hopefully get them challenging for titles aswell as winning cups as soon as possible.

But Its all very well stating all these ambitions and time will tell whether Lee Owens has what it takes to suceed in the Football managerial world.

Some points on the board already as season starts positivly for the Pilgrims and their new boss Lee Owens

The brand new first season had arrived and I had one thing key that I had to do within this season and that was to win over the fans and get them falling at my feet so off i went shopping for players.

Players in

Roland Kazubowski from Lechia Gdensk for 40k

Pablo Garcia from Almansa for 50k

Ahmed Fathy from Ismaily for 250k

Charles Dago from Salimiya for 90k

Simon Mensing from St. Johnstone for 9k

James Perch from Notts Forest for 170k

Nikos Sarigiannidis from Varoia for 8k

Players out

Mathias Doumbe to Guingamp for 1.2 million

Akos Buzsaky to FC Thun for 425k

Rufus Brevett to Sheff Utd for 120k

Future Transfers In

Maciej Korzym from Legia for 40k (1-7-2006)

Marcin Nowacki from Groclin for 60k (1-7-2006)

Bruno Aguiar from FBK Kaunas 140k (1-7-2009)

Loads of new faces have arrived at Home Park and it should be a good first season where we hopefully stay in the championship.

More players are still on their way to joining and will posted when they do.

The Results

Millwall 1-4 Plymouth

Start of a fresh season and my players certainly had the fresh look to themselves in this game.

There was never a time where we was a bit sloppy on the ball as we looked in complete control for the full game.

A great opener early on from a free kick by capaldi set us on our way then short after new striker Kazubowski got us a 2nd.

We then got 2 penalties awarded and new egyptian Fathy and Wotton both carmly slotted them home.

Shortly after a millwall player was shown the red card moments before the half time whistle was blown.

We went into the 2nd half all guns blazing but a substitution error prevented us from getting any more goals.

I decided it was time for the egpytian to come off at half time as his debut was a highly successul one in order for another new player to come on in place of him.

He was the only player that had a bad came come the end and was involved in an incident on the 47 minute where he gave away a penalty and Millwall had a chance to show me that some life was still in them.

Larriou saved the penalty but 10 minutes later they were handed another one again due to a hard tackle in the penalty box by the same player.

Jody Morris stepped up yet again but this time managed to convert it to make it 4-1.

Moments after Dago hit the crossbar and forced some stunnign saves from the Millwall keeper but the scoreline stayed 4-1.

Crewe 3-2 Plymouth

A shocker blow to us in this game as we started off very slow but picked up a little bit in the 2nd half.

Luke Varney gave us loads of problems and managed to get round my defence twice to put Crewe 2 up.

Half time was approaching and we were 2-0 down and we looked down but we still had 5 minutes until the half time whislte was to be blown and moments before that Dago drove a curling shot past Ben Williams the Crewe keeper to make it 2-1 and put us back in it.

A had a brief word with my squad and a brief look at them at half time and seen they had literally killed my left back aswell as injuring Dago moments after his debut goal for the club.

So on came some subs and I just hoped that no more would get injured as i decided to make all 3 changes at half time.

The 2nd half kicked off and started very quiet with a few brief moments of relief for both me and crewe and it wasnt until 82 minutes when Crewe added a 3rd and from then on I knew we was going to lose.

But a goal from a set piece again this time by Paul Wotton put us back in with only a few minutes left until Fulltime.

90th minute and we had a chance to level it from a spot kick bit Ben Williams pulled off a good stop and it finished 3-2.

A good performance from my players so i wasnt too dishearted and only Wotton was injured after the game but not for too long.

Ben williams in the Crewe goal was on very good form but we will seek our revenge and get it eventually icon_smile.gif.

So a mixed start to the season but one i consider as positive since weve scored 6 goals in 2 games.

Its still too early to tell anything but the early signs are looking good for me and the Pilgrims icon14.gif

plymouth8hw.gif

Away form costs Plymouth points early

Its early on in the season and so far my team is looking set for a decent season there is just one thing that worries me.

We battled and battled at home to produce the points but cant seem to do the same away which has so far cost us least 6 points.

Although early on its looking like the season will be a little up and down judging by how results have gone so far but we shouldnt have to worry about being relegated from the division.

Some more players have been brought in before the deadline to give my midfield a bit more depth so we are ready for all the obstacles that are thrown in our way upto when the transfer window re-opens.

Players In

Tiberio Guarente from Atlanta and Verona for combined fee of 280k

Pawel Drumlak from Cracovia for 60k

Mario Holek from Brno for 190k

Future Transfers In

Erik Grendal from Dubnica for 100k

Some more foreigners to add to my collection and with a 16 year old quality looking younster im already looking to the future.

Results

Plymouth 1-0 Hull

Hull were one of the teams that was unbeaten after the first two games so my team went out to try and shatter their hopes and give them a defeat to one of the smallest clubs in the league.

The dream soon started to look like a reality on the 34th minute when dago netted a goal for us after his first shot was kept out by the Hull Keeper.

The defence stood their ground and dealt with any possible threat which earnt us this good victory.

Plymouth 1-0 Brighton

This was a tough encounter as two similar teams had to battle it out on the pitch and boy it certainly was a battle.

Brighton had started brightly in the league this season and could see why but when Paul Mcshane was sent off on the 37 minute it allowed Dago to put us 1 up on the stroke of half time.

A tough 2nd half this was and we were back peddled for most of it but Larriou was making sure it was going to be his day to be a warrior and kept everything they had to dish at him out.

Brighton did get the perfect chance to equalise when on the 86th minute Fathy brought down Butters in the penalty box and was shown his 2nd yellow card of the game.

But Larriou was on fire and stopped it and even went on to make a crucial save in the last minute of stoppage time to give us a 2nd clean sheet.

There was no guessing as to who got awarded man of the match despite us playing slightly better overall in this encounter.

Torquay 3-3 Plymouth (lost 5-4 on penalties, League Cup)

A blinder of a game this was and who would of predicted the final outcome.

We had been drawn against Torquay so many times in the past in the league cup and the majority of them we came out on top but not this time.

An early goal on the 7th minute gave us an early scare and sent a message to us that Torquay were upping their game for this fixture.

It wasnt long before our equaliser came and it was polish man Kazubowski that claimed it.

In this game you just wouldnt of been able to tell which team was in the better division as we were just plain crap.

The 2nd half we started a little better and it was perch who was to net his first for the club after coming on as a sub at half time.

The game was coming to a close but when an 89th minute equaliser came i thought oh no.

The 90th minute also had action of its own and Torquay found themselves down to 10 men going into extra time.

Having used up all subs some players were tiring and it showed. However we took the leed again with perch getting his 2nd only for Torquay to equalise last minute, take it into penalties and win.

Reading 5-0 Plymouth

A sucker punch this was and was highly undeserved even though Reading were on top for the whole game.

We started off well but went down to 10 men very early on when Connolly was sent off.

This meant I had to alter my formation a little bit and it took a negative effect.

Half time we found ourselves only 1 down and i could see a way back into this but the 2nd half was a nightmare for us.

A hat trick from Lita in 8 minutes made it 4 and then litas strike partner made it a 5th.

Plymouth 4-1 Stoke

After the previous defeat a change of team was needed so in came Chadwick amongst a few others for the underperformers.

Chadwick started off well scoring 16 minutes into the game to give us the lead.

Stoke then got an equaliser straight after but it meant nothing.

Due to perch's great performance in the league cup he this time got a full start and grabbed another goal.

Stoke then went down to 10 men to give us a good advantage and we got a 3rd and 4th goal moments after.

Southampton 5-1 Plymouth

Another battering handed to us and again it was away from home.

Some sloppy play led to loads of errors and Southampton capatilised on them.

Being so used to buying polish players i wasnt used to them scoring against me but Rasiak grabbed 2 to set the ball rolling.

Some hard tackles were happening and it was only a short while before we paid for them when Higginbottom was awarded 2 penalties and scored both of them.

Fathy did get a penalty of his own on the 39th minute but it was too late.

A much better 2nd half performance but after an early goal for southampton in the 2nd half it was all over.

Plymouth 2-1 Leeds

Conceeding early goals was starting to become a common thing for my plymouth side and this was no different.

A lucky shot from Cresswell managed to get past my keeper to put us 1 down early on.

The game in all fairness was dominated from my team from start to finish and it took ages before we got our rewards with yet again a player being shown the red card.

78th minute along came dago and netted our first then shortly after netted his 2nd to give us the 3 points.

Einarsson for Leeds obviously didnt like the decision given to allow the 2nd goal so was shown the exit on the 85th minute.

A bit of an up and down session in terms of results but if we continue this way we will definately stay up as currently we are 6th in the division.

Dago is proving a hit with the fans and has 6 goals in 8 so if he can keep scoring aswell and stay fit then we should be ok.

The amount we have conceeded so far aint very good but im hoping things will improve in the coming weeks.

bla7dl.gif

Banach Takes Reigns Of The Rams

In what is believed a shock appointment by the Derby Board, John Sleightholme the Derby chairman has expresed his delight at landing the young talented but unknown rookie,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know where the fans are coming from, Terry Westley was doing a great job and had built up alot of assurance & belief back within the club, but i felt it was time to add fresh blood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Banach who has no previous experience at this level will have to learn quick as the derby board have high expectations for the club, Banach has said he is not one to shy away from such a challange, and will welcome it with every possibility of taking Derby to a higher level then that they are currently at.

Banach On The Club...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Derby County are a massive club, although we are currently under-achieving in the championship at the moment, i feel that by next season we can be challanging for the title, o.k.. dramatic changes aren't going to happen over-night, but i have huge plans for this club, with the fan base & the stadium, at premiership level, i will try my hardest to bring this to the fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On The Fans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've had a mixed reception so far to my Life at Pride Park, the younger generation have generally reacted well to my appointment, i understand that the fans are concerned with my level of experience, but i will asure every fan that i will give 100% into this club and continue to serve up entertaining football on the pitch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On The Future

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Its a simple answer, are future is in the premiership, im sure others will disagree but as i said above, the fans and the stadium are already at equivalent premiership level, i have big plans for this club, future transfers are planned for the end of the season depending how we do this season, also sales are being planned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On The Squad Now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We have a good bunch of lads here, saying that we have a few positions we could improve on, i have brought in several loans already, a couple from Middlesbrough & Man City which i am hoping will be a shrewd move to help the lads cope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Banach has settled in nicely at Derby..

We will see what the season brings....

boro5ef.gif

boro start leaves critics in shock

ok it was one of the easier starts to a season,

sunderland away which was the first game for the new look team, an emphatic 4-0 win which could easily have been more had cava clicked into gear a little

blackburn at home another comfortable win although the 2nd half performance left a lot to be desired 3-1 win yakubu hat trick

now at this point the little matter of daughters food and nappies came into the equation, my assistant (now relegated to coaching role) managed to lose a tight game 1-0 at bolton and then drawing 1-1 at home to arsenal

fully equiped with nappies and food (it took ages to find any in my size!!) it was back to the task of coaching the team.

a 5-0 away win to somebody (forgotten who) which had yakubu getting 4 more goals

was followed by a 3-0 uefa cup win against teplice

so with the team firing along all guns blazing boro find themselves in 6th position with confidence begining to bloom surely more wins are on the way

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Good report ant nice to see Mr. Blobby making an appearance icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blobby Rules & You Know It! icon_cool.gif

tottenham7dq.gif

Austin Shocks Everyone!

A few grim faces laid around White Hart Lane after the shock dismissal of Martin Jol and a shocking transfer of Michael Carrick to Man City, but Ben Austin managed to put a even bigger smile than they had before straight back on. Ben started off 1 game well but seemed to go down after the next 3 with shocking defeats, but as all managers know it is not easy starting for the first time. After this poor form Ben Austin’s hit men came back with some outstanding wins that have shocked critics and fans across the world. Ben Austin is on top form at the moment and most results seem to be going their way, Tottenham ended Sean Bells Newcastle undefeated record with a massive 3-0 win, this is only the beginning for Spurs and it looks like its only going to get better.

Ben had this to say

“Well, I am very happy, this is big news and I promised I would deliver, I know there have been some bad results but what can you expect within the first few games you come across 4 of the best teams in Europe, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, Although I did managed to win against Spurs. Very little in transfer window major signing Borre has proved his moneys worth and I’m sure Gioda will do the same. I am sorry about Carrick but this means we have money for January as I plan on bring a new face to the team. Thanksâ€

Transfers In:

Anthony Vanden Borre 2M

Leandro Gioda 1M

Transfers Out:

Michael Carrick 3.5

Ziegler 1. 2

W Birmingham 3 – 4 Spurs

Math Report Unknown Due To Deleted Files

L Spurs 0 – 1 Bolton

L Arsenal 6 – 1 Spurs

W Spurs 4 – 1 Blackburn

W West Ham 0 – 3 Spurs

West Ham: N/A

Spurs: Defoe (41, 56) Murphy (Pen 90)

W Spurs 3 – 0 Pompey

Spurs: Keane (20) Kelly (72) Murphy (85)

Pompey: N/A

W Spurs 3 – 0 Luton

Spurs: Davids (3) Jeanas (8) Keane (86)

Luton: N/A

L Chelsea 3 – 0 Spurs

Chelsea: Lampard (25) Gudjohnsen (62) Essien (79)

Spurs: N/A

L Spurs 2 – 3 Man Utd

Spurs: Defoe (9, 85) KEANE OFF 90

Man Utd: Nistelrooy (33, 51, 69)

W Liverpool 0 – 1 Spurs

Spurs: Murphy (Pen 85)

Liverpool: N/A

W Spurs 3 - 0 Newcastle

Spurs: Reid (Pen 24) Defoe (85) Ziegler (44 OWN GOAL)

Newcastle: N/A

W Norwich 0 – 2 Spurs

Norwich: N/A

Spurs: Keane (36, 54)

D Villa 0 – 0 Spurs

Villa: N/A

Spurs: N/A

threadbanner18qo.gif

Just to let all know the clan website is currently down and im not sure when it will be back up too tell you the truth but hopefully wont be too long icon_smile.gif

Also mike you able to host next wednesday session? as im working then cheers icon14.gif

threadbanner18qo.gif

Just to let all know the clan website is currently down and im not sure when it will be back up too tell you the truth but hopefully wont be too long icon_smile.gif

Also mike you able to host next wednesday session? as im working then cheers icon14.gif

palace0nw.gif

A NEW ERA DOWN AT THE PALACE

So it is all change down at the Palace……Crystal Palace!!!!

Simon Jordan has had about enough of Ian Dowie so he was on the search for a new manager, he trailed all over the country when one day he was strolling through the East end of London when he meet this strange man applying for the vacant managers job at West Ham, “hey young man†he shouted,†you looking for a football job “yes†he said, “I’m looking for someone to take over the Palace, you interested?â€, “isn’t the queen in charge of that big building?â€.

“Not that Palace ….Crystal Palace of the Championshipâ€,

“Oh I see…err no thanks I’m GONNA take this Hammers job if you don’t mind cos they are in the Premiership and that’s the place to beâ€,

“I’ll give you 4M to spend on players if you want “said Jordan,

“4M eh, well I could be tempted as the hammers are only giving me 1M, would I have to sell Andy Johnson?â€

“Not if you don’t want to but you must get the wage bill down and the club out of debt, if you don’t do that or the team looks like it will not go up this year then I may ask you to sell him, that’s all down to you I’m afraidâ€

“Ok then, I’ll take the job then†said the stranger.

So it was the 1st day of training and Simon Jordan had called all the players together at the training ground to introduce the new manager to the players.

“Well everyone I would like you to meet your new manager…..Simon Whiteâ€

“Simon Whooooooo†they all said together.

“Simon White†said Mr Jordan, “I know he is unknown but he has assured me that he is the right man for the job, and I believe him, so I want you all to give him a chance, just like I amâ€.

So after all the niceties I looked at the squad I was left with and decided it was time for a change all over the team, so here is what I have done in the transfer market:

Transfers out

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 14.7.2005 | Hughes, Michael | Wolves |£425K |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 19.7.2005 | Fray, Aaron | Luton | £30K |

| 7.8.2005 | Wilson, Glenn | TNS | £24K |

| 8.8.2005 | Togwell, Sam | Aldershot | £28K |

| 10.8.2005 | Freedman, Dougie | Hearts |£240K |

| 11.8.2005 | Morrison, Clinton | Cardiff |£500K |

| 13.8.2005 | Riihilahti, Aki | Getafe |£100K |

| 15.8.2005 | Black, Tommy | Hibernian |£100K |

| 19.8.2005 | Hudson, Mark | Hull |£120K |

| | Total | |£1.6M

Transfers In

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 15.7.2005 | Kos, Tomasz | Aue 200K |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 16.7.2005 | Çipi, Geri | Flamurtari 200K |

| 20.7.2005 | Pablo Ruiz | Sevilla £975K |

| 21.7.2005 | Neira, Manuel | Unión Española £1.6M |

| 24.7.2005 | Gottwald, Michal | Legia £750K |

| 24.7.2005 | Salas, Franklin Agustín | LDU de Quito £500K |

| 13.8.2005 | Jesús | Valladolid £75K |

| 18.8.2005 | Fletcher, Carl | West Ham £1M |

| | Total | £5.25M

Game 1 Reading Away won 5-1 (Soares,Gottwald,Neira 2 & salas)

Game 2 Millwall Away Won 2-0 (Neira, Gottwald)

Game 3 Brighton Home Won 2-0 (AJ , Salas)

Game 4 Stoke Home Won 3-1 (AJ, Neira, Gottwald)

League Cup 1st rnd Home Yeovil won 4-0 (AJ 2, Macken, Leigertwood)

Game 5 Southampton Away Lost 3-2 (Gottwald 2)

Game 6 Leeds Home Drew 2-2 (Gottwald 2)

Game 7 Leicester Away Lost 2-1 (AJ)

Game 8 Norwich Home Won 2-0 (AJ, Macken)

Game 9 Preston Away Lost 2-1 (Neira)

League Cup 2nd Rnd Swindon home won 5-1 (AJ 2, McAnuff, salas , Neira)

Game 10 Watford Away Drew 1-1 (Salas)

Game 11 Sheff Utd Home lost 2-1 (AJ)

Game 12 QPR Home won 3-0 (Neira, Gottwald)

Game 13 Cardiff Away Won 3-1 (Neira 2, Leigertwood)

Game 14 Burnley Away Lost 2-1 (Gottwald)

League Cup 3rd rnd Sheff Wed Home 1-1 Palace win on Pens, (AJ)

Game 15 Wolves Home won 2-0 (salas, Gottwald)

Game 16 Plymouth Home Drew 2-2 (Neira 2)

So the season is going ok, we are lying in 6th place in the league and through to the 4th round of the league cup (Huddersfield at home).

I just wished we did not let in so many late goals and showed some consistency, but overall a good start and a good platform for the rest of the season.

Razor

mancity7hn.gif

Boult's Bargain Basement

Since taking over Manchester City in July, Yorkshire born manager Rick Boult hasn't been scared to ring the changes with the current squad. It seems to have worked well as the team current sit nicely in 5th position in the English Premier League. Fans of the club were sceptical with the appointment of the young lad, who, by coincidence is a lifelong Manchester United fan, but no doubt the current form has rejuvenated there love for the man.

Noel Gallagher, Popstar and Man City Fan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'Ye he's been top notch. Can't fault the lad, but if i ever saw em in the streetz i'd kill him, like i almost did to ma bruv other week...ain't tha right Liam' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steven Paul, Almost A City Fan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'Times ave been ard for me recently, i live near ground, which, as ya know ain't the nicest area t live in. Well at Maine Road was only pound in but now, as Council have paid for it, the price is up ta 2. As ya can imagine, feedin ma 12 kids an goin to Citeh was hard, but young Shaun Goater Jnr as been sold so now i can pay local stewards to get on there shoulders an almost see tha game. As for Boult, good man, i'd shine is shoes any day' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Transfers Out

As the stats show, Boult was far from happy with the squad he was given so brought about many changes to the entire side. Big names such as David James and Sylvain Distin were shown the door as was Chinese International Sun Jihai who had this to say;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'How i support father now? Do they have chippy shop in Mainz? Sore Fingaaaaa' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With 9 transfers out, Boult was struggling to pick a starting 11 never mind a title winning 1 so John Wardle offered out a blank chequebook and ordered him to get drunk, order a massage and scout his LMA manager game for some talent.

Transfer In

14 Transfers in with the average age of, well, this reporter can't be bothered. Gordon, Delgado and indeed young Michael Carrick from Spurs were the pick of the bunch from the incoming transfers with youth such as Costil and Loe Bing expected to provide valuble cover upon injuries and suspensions.

Current Manchester City Squad !!!

Recent Results

After a draw and 2 win in there first 3 games, the squad seemed to be gelling nicely so by the time it was travel to Goodison Park, confidence was high...

English Premier League Matchday 4

Everton [2]: Kilbane, Li Tie

Manchester City [4]: Delgado (4)

Going a goal down early on seemed to kick us into gear as we replied straight from the kick off. Once we went ahead shortly after there was only going to be 1 winner and, although Everton pulled it level again, we were dominating so much another goal was never in doubt. 2 more from the Argentinian saw us stay top of the league and our confidence grow to astronomical proportions.

English Premier League Matchday 5

Birmingham City [1]: Petrov

Manchester City [1]: Carrick

An early headed goal from Petrov against the run of play meant yet again coming from a goal down to get anything from the game. A screaming 30 yard effort from Carrick just have to half time settled us down and, althogugh we pressured late on a draw was a fair result.

English Premier League Matchday 6

Manchester City [2]: Samaras (2)

Bolton Wanderers [0]:

Two goals from the Greek international Samaras ended Bolton's unbeaten start to the season. The first from a near post header off neatly taken corner. The 2nd came afrer a lovely 1-2 with Cesar Delgado put him through on goal to which there was no doubt of him missing.

League Cup 2nd Round

Reading [0]:

Manchester City [1]: Delgado

Championship promotion contenders Reading were hopeful of a memorable upset in front of there home fans but Boult yielded a strong side to stand in there way. Cesar Delgado scored the only goal of the game, a truly memorable 1 at that to give Boult an away trip to Everton in the next round.

English Premier League Matchday 7

Arsenal[2]: Hleb, Reyes

Manchester City [0]:

With confidence high, anything was possible at Highbury but with Henry in a particulary devastating mood hope of points soon faded. A pinpoint crossfield pass left Hleb in space to slot home for the first and with Reyes finishing well from close range after good work down the left from Henry, the game was as good as over.

English Premier League Matchday 8

Manchester City [1]: Vassell

Blackburn Rovers [2]: Rojas, Kuqi

After the defeat at Highbury, Blackburn visited the City of Manchester stadium with the home sides morale clearly dented after there latest result. This form showed into the first half with Rojas and Kuqi firing the visitors into a 2-0 lead at half time. Changes were made in attacking and a goal on the hour mark from Vassell gave the home fans hope but a combination of luck and good defending meant a 2nd loss in a week for the Citizens.

English Premier League Matchday 9

West Ham United [0]:

Manchester City [4]: Vassell (2), Ingebretsen, Delgado

Ever improving West Ham never had a chance to make there mark on the game with some deadly finishing from the Blues. Vassell carried on his good form from the last game with 2 in the first half and young Ingebretsen scored his first for the club. A 4th from Delgado just before halftime meant the 3 points were heading to Manchester.

English Premier League Matchday 10

Manchester City [2]: Vassell (2)

Portsmouth [3]: O' Neil, Mbesuma (2)

An injustice in every sense of the word saw Pompey steal the 3 points at the City of Manchester stadium. After retaking the lead midway through the first half the game was going along nicely until 2 outstanding finishes from Mbesuma turned the game on its head. City huffed and puffed, but couldn't blow MOM Westerveld down.

League Cup 3rd Round

Everton [0]:

Manchester City [0]:

Everton win 6-5 on penalties

After City desposed of Everton at Goodison early in the season the Citizens were confident of a repeat performance in the League Cup. Again, Boult picked a distincly strong side in 1 of the lesser competitions but his decision backfired with a goalless draw after 120 minutes of football. Joey Barton missed the definitive penalty sparking rumours of him wanting to stay home on Liverpulian soil.

English Premier League Matchday 11

Chelsea [1]: Drogba

Manchester City [1]: Vassell

Chelsea are yet to find real form in the Premiership thus far this season and a well earned point by City proved that. Vassell scored for the 4th consecutive game to earn his side a point and Boult must be thinking Europe is possible with his ever improving squad.

Current English Premier League Table !!!

villa5vi.gif

Villains Hire Connolly As Manager

Aston Villa revelaed today that they have relieved O'leary of his position as Manager, after a fall-out with Deadly Doug Ellis. Since no-one else wanted the position offered by Doug Ellis, they have appointed a rookie manager, Aidan Connolly. Connolly is a young English manager, who has been givena great opportunity to start a career in the top flight.

Connolly has a major task ahead of him already, as it turns out, he is a WBA supporter, so he will have to win the fans over quickly. If not this could be the shortest spell at a top flight club we've seen.

Connolly takes over at a club who expect a top half finish, but Connolly has made his mark already by stating this wont happen without financial backing from the chairman, due to the fact Connolly doesn't rate the current Villa team much. The players no doubt will be disgruntled at this comment, and will eaither want out, or want to prove him wrong. Connolly also said that anyone who doesnt like what hes going to do with the club can leave, and anyone who stays better be ready for a tough season.

Connolly's expectations for the club are simply to avoid relegation, as he said he can't understand where this club have got their high hopes from with such a weak squad! He particularly went on to say the defence, from what he has seen so far, is a shambles.

So after Connolly's hard word about the squad, the media will be waiting to see what Connolly can bring to the club himself, and to see if he can actually manage a club, or just point out negatives about it. As we all know, if Connolly gets on Deadly Doug's bad side, he'll be gone in a day, and long forgotten.

EFB seems to be ok in the third outing (so far) hope your s is as succesful! razor123, Palace man! I am Palace in EFB (due to no Prem cluns being allowed so I couldn't be my beloved hammers) GL you should **** all over the division, especially with AJ!

Archived