Premiership Glory 2011 Clan

alvaan

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matthew Morrison II - Arsenal

Well another tranfer window been and gone this one seem to take a age to pass figgers were pointed at Mike(Blackburn) for this which i agree with and think he should now resign before sacked. A quite Summer period for me with only a few in and out hopefully players that will help me catch Steve only him for now as dont know how Geir will do at City same for Belly at Liverpool and i am sure Kim and his free scoring United will only get better as long as he sorted tht Arsenal style defence out at the back.

Stuart - West ham

Easy Easy Easy. Top of the league nobody can touch me its a easy ride to the premiership for me and my west ham team. The only worry is that my side are to good for the championship they are not good enough for the premiership either. I dont think ill be doing any business in the jan window as i want to save all the money i can so i can give the premierleague a real go next season.

But for now its sit back and feet up as West ham are on easy street.

More soon

Joe

So after 10 years at the club I've declared defeat in my quest to get Watford up to the Premier League and resigned and after a brief period of unemployment including being turned down for both the Norwich job which I sort of got and more gallingly West Brom in League One-each taken by managers with a worse win% than me and negative goal difference compared to my rather positive goal difference but I'm not bitter......- but I am back in football and proudly the manager of Stoke City (which I hadn't even applied for or even knew it was available but went back in game to find out I was their manager) and boy do I have a task ahead of me, a side filled with old players paid outrageous amounts (including a 33 year old on near 30k a week) and a not very big squad with what can kindly be regarded as poor defenders or less kindly called utter disgraces to the term defender and finances which are the tiniest bit dodgy, yet oddly I have money to spend and room on the wage budget so the board has no financial sense to top it off.......

I started off poorly enough losing 4-2 away to Huddersfield (3 goals because of corners 1 wonder goal) losing at home 1-0 to Bolton (another corner goal) I got a 2-1 victory away to Oxford (with another corner goal conceded I'm noticing a pattern here) and finished off the week with a 3-0 win at home to Bristol Rovers. Plans are under way to get some players in during jan and I've added to the backroom staff with some of my loyal old staff who followed me out of Watford leaving my idiotic successor Paul Merson with no assistant coaching staff or scouting division.

Joe-Stoke

Kim - Man Utd

Things are looking well so far this season for the Red Devils, as they sit top of the league and are through to the knockout stages of the Champions League. A few bumps on the road as well, for example the 3-2 loss away to the Red side of Mersey and also a 2-1 defeat away to Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup 4th round. Add in two defeats to Napoli in the Champions League, the 3-0 drubbing to Wednesday in the ESC early on, and the heart breaking 3-2 loss away to Spurs and we have pretty much summed up every little bump along the road.

On the upside there's been plenty of goals at Old Trafford as usual with my teams. Highlights so far in the season:

Man Utd 9 - 0 M.Haifa (CL)

Man Utd 7 - 0 Litex (CL)

Man Utd 9 - 0 Man City (PL)

Arsenal 1 - 4 Man Utd (PL)

The absolute favourite here is of course the pummeling of Geir's Man City. The really funny bit is to look at the match stats and the key highlights of that game to see what actually happened. When we scored the 8th goal it was only our 8th shot in the entire game, and yes Geir had a REAL goalkeeper in goal + 10 outfield players :)

Match stats from that game:

manutdvmancitystats.th.png

The aim is still to challenge for the top 4 spot, but as Geir have taken of Man City, I do not count them in the title race for this season. Heck, I might not even count them in the race for CL this year if Geir doesn't manage to turn it around really soon. I suspect Steve will get his team firing on all sylinders in not long, and I also expect Belly's thugs to have a dip in form as the season progresses. All I know is that it's gonna be a tight, interesting and hopefully entertaining 2nd half of the season coming up!

--Kim

Oliver- Leyton Orient

One word and one word only can sum up the season so far for me disappointing. However, there are some areas i can take some encouragement from im within the top 10 my new keeper really is showing his class and i clearly have a striker with some real tallent in Carlos. To be perfectly honest i am not suprised that we havent started well as i brought 25 players in over pre season, if the side can settle down i dont see why we cant make a push up the league in the second half. More good news is the fact it seems my Star central midfielder Edinho is ready to sign a new long term deal. We have money in the bank and i need to ship out a few of my squad as it is way too big but the future is bright at the club.

Jamie Phillips - Wolves

I'm pleased with the start to the season which has us sitting in 2nd place after 19 games with only 11 goals conceeded including a 6 game run without letting in a goal.

We also picked up a nice 1-0 win over premiership Everton in the league cup, only to be be put out in the next round to championship high flyers Huddersfield after I gambled with a weakened team in preparation for Barry's Swansea a few days later, but that back fired as we lost both games :( .

We are still in the fa cup ( 3rd round ) with a winnable tie against morecambe of league 2 and also chasing my first trophy in the clan as we face Wrexham in a 2 leg section final of the paint trophy for a place in the overall final .

The team has gelled quicker than i expected especially in the last few games as the goals have started flowing although the squad is being tested to the full with 7 players currently missing through injuries.

Looking forward to the next few sessions to see if the team can push on and hopefully leaders shrewsbury finally start to drop some points.

Belly - Liverpool

We have started the season well so far and when i looked at the fixtures and saw 3 league matches starting at home to Kim's Table Topping Man Utd side followed by away to Jimmys high spending Spurs and then Home to Steve's 4 time Champions League winning Sheff Wed side you can understand that i was a bit concerned especially as our talisman Olivera was out for all 3 matches.

However my side went from strength to strength getting 3 wins out of 3 and walking away with 9 points and we now sit in 2nd.

I would of put a video together but im looking for an alternative to youtube as am fed up of the copyright restrictions.

Looking to continue next week on this good run.

Belly,

Belly - Liverpool

We have started the season well so far and when i looked at the fixtures and saw 3 league matches starting at home to Kim's Table Topping Man Utd side followed by away to Jimmys high spending Spurs and then Home to Steve's 4 time Champions League winning Sheff Wed side you can understand that i was a bit concerned especially as our talisman Olivera was out for all 3 matches.

However my side went from strength to strength getting 3 wins out of 3 and walking away with 9 points and we now sit in 2nd.

I would of put a video together but im looking for an alternative to youtube as am fed up of the copyright restrictions.

Looking to continue next week on this good run.

Belly,

Your team might have gone from strength to strength, but everyone else is feeling the full force of your cloggers. I have a bigger than usual squad this year and it's a good job after your thugs assaulted and hospitalized three of my best players. I'm reporting you to the FA and hoping they invoke retrospective bans. I believe that I may have support from other quarters as I'm not the only one to feel the effects of playing Belly's Sunday league style boot boys.

======================================================

Not a great start for Sheff Weds. We've lost 4 already and it's not even Chrimbo. However, if we win our game in hand, then we're only 4 back and in third, so we're still in striking distance. We've lost to Jim, Kim, Belly and Matt. Kim was my ass man's fault. Jim and Belly both deserved to lose to me never mind draw. A draw would have been a fair result against Matt, but I would concede that if there had to be a winner then he shaded it by a hair's breadth.

There's no doubt that on our day, at our best, we would beat every team in the game. However, my team is prone to plenty of off-days. This is probably due to, as Jim calls it, bad management on my part. I've amended my tactics slightly once more, and hope to have a bit more success. The fact that I have the youngest average age of all the squads in the prem says a lot for me. I am tending to jettison my older players in their prime in favour of the next big thing. Vidal is not providing the inspiration I would have hoped for in the middle. There's a few easing into their 30s in the next few seasons, and as this is likely to coincide with the end of game, i'm likely to let this team grow old, very old. Hopefully this experience will translate into greater consistency.

Try vimeo its not too bad to be honest Belly might be better but also might be nice to do some of the other leagues matches in your next vid not only the prem

Exactly....I didn't even look at the vids since they were Prem specific...it's not like all the guys in Prem are deserving of their place (hint Mike hint Mike)

But for reals, include other leagues you lazy bitch!

lols see what I did there, I'm bitching about you making a video while I chillax

Barry - Swansea

Despite a lack of transfer budget (remember, it was a whopping £764), a good start to the season was had and we were undefeated in our first 11 games in all competitions, knocking out some Championship and Premiership sides in the League Cup along the way. However, the good start started to disintegrate by the time the 4th round of the League Cup came around, where I was eyeing a QF spot, having been drawn against a team in League 1 like myself. Despite our great performances to that point, we played poorly and lost the match and since then have been on a bad run of form, losing in the FA Cup and also falling down the League table. While I'm still sat in 5th place in the table, after 2 seasons in the division, I really can't hang around here much longer and need to start climbing up the table again, what with the board expecting promotion this season (just like last year when it didn't happen on Goal Difference).

I'm hoping that I can put an end to the bad run as soon as possible, otherwise I might just sell the whole team and put the youngsters in, just to annoy the board for not giving me a transfer budget...

Matthew Morrison II - Arsenal

Results have been very much up and down for me this season after starting off ok as always i found myself struggling against the fellow clan members which are at the moment the teams to beat right now so change is squad and tactics may have to be made to compete this season but i am less likely to improve on my 3rd place finish at this point although i am still in the hunt for all comps will have a much better idea off how things are looking on turning out after this week.

Hmmm, strange that we have not had a league table posted for a while, could it be due to the switch in rakings at the top, or is that just me being cynical?

:D

Well when someone does post the table it will tell you the remarkable story of the meteoric rise of Wednesday. The saying is that "the cream always rises to the top" and so it has proved. I always knew that if i could get the juggernaught rolling it would be unstoppable, and rolling it is. We're unbeaten in ALL cup competitions, having bagged the Charity Shield, The European Super Cup, the Club World Cup and the League Cup already. We're marching on in the FA Cup and the Champions League. We not sit top of the League by a few points and everything looks rosy. Will this be a repeat of the famous season a few years ago where we won all 7 trophies? Things are much harder now than then with more human managers challenging for honours. This is a double edged sword as it means that whilst it is harder to pick up wins, it is easier to recover from defeats. For example, I have already registered five defeats and did so early in the campaign (against Jim, Kim, Belly, and Matt and remarkably my ass man lost to Ipswich!!). Things are from easy. Just ask Kim. He was top and flying when he suddenly picked up injuries in a crucial and difficult run of games, and next thing, he was no longer looking at extending his lead at the top but was now looking back from third position, following a run of games without a win! I have plenty of difficult games left and I have been in this position enough to know that it can be easily lost. We’ll just keep our heads down and put all our efforts into the league and hopefully that will be enough to win us only our second Premier League title.

How are the other clowns doing?

Kim - was flying but injuries showed just how light his squad really is and he fell apart. It'll be interesting to see if he can pick it back up. He is the man I fear the most in the title run in.

The Butcher – the player formerly known as Belly acquired his new nickname due to his overly aggressive style of play. This is no exaggeration. People do not mind a clogger too much. Play Joe and you’ll know you’ll have to roll your sleeves up and fight for every ball. You even know that some tackles will be late, some tackles will be very hard and most definitely one of your players will leave the pitch on a stretcher after being caught whilst flying towards Goal. Not Belly’s style, no, not at all. The Butcher is not a master of the dark arts. He is not even a master of the discreet arts. The Butcher practices outright thuggery. In our last encounter my star winger left the field with broken ribs, another with a severe facial injury, and a third had a heavy knock. Kim suffered the loss of a player with concussion and Geir lost a player with a broken nose. Now you get the picture, unfortunately the FA does not and this thug continues to play this way. Hopefully he will be docked points.

Matthew – missed a few sessions recently. He won’t do it again. No, not when his assistant records heavy defeats against relegation battlers and leaves him adrift of the title challenge. A poor season for Matt.

Jim – the clan’s best manager made bold predictions at the start of the season. He’s looking very silly now. It’s not the first time.

Geir – oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. A season to forget for the man with the League’s best and richest team. Lucky to still be in a job.

Paul – his progress has been halted by the wildcards. Without human managers taking over the biggest and best clubs then this would be the year Paul took Yeovil into Europe. Instead he will have to take consolation in another top 10 finish.

Mike – struggled badly early on as his team looked heavily out of their depth. However, he’s recovered brilliantly and shown that he’s at his best in the top flight when he’s given time to assemble his own side. Pity that he’s run out of seasons otherwise he might well get back to winning trophies.

Stu – a flawless season for Stu. He’s sold loads and yet returns to the big time with ease. Hopefully he can buy what he needs to stay up next season.

Joe – a tough season for Joe. He left Watford after his frustrations that it had all gone stale. He’s now struggling with Stoke and looks unlikely to return to the Premier League in FM11 after what is now a 14 year absence.

Tushant – he’s established Bolton back in the Championship and should push on next season.

Oliver – he’s doing well at Leyton Orient but just cannot smash through the glass ceiling. He’s likely to just miss out on the play-offs again.

Barry – the table shows him top, but frankly I don’t believe it. Barry always finishes third! Probably going to blow it and miss out in the play-offs again! Good luck to the lad, he deserves to finally go up.

Jamie – the Welshman is doing well with Wolves, but I was expecting him to go up this season and he sits third and is running out of games. He needs one final push, but I am sure he can do it!

The Butcher – the player formerly known as Belly acquired his new nickname due to his overly aggressive style of play. This is no exaggeration. People do not mind a clogger too much. Play Joe and you’ll know you’ll have to roll your sleeves up and fight for every ball. You even know that some tackles will be late, some tackles will be very hard and most definitely one of your players will leave the pitch on a stretcher after being caught whilst flying towards Goal. Not Belly’s style, no, not at all. The Butcher is not a master of the dark arts. He is not even a master of the discreet arts. The Butcher practices outright thuggery. In our last encounter my star winger left the field with broken ribs, another with a severe facial injury, and a third had a heavy knock. Kim suffered the loss of a player with concussion and Geir lost a player with a broken nose. Now you get the picture, unfortunately the FA does not and this thug continues to play this way. Hopefully he will be docked points.

Its the only way you will finish above me :p

Stuart - West ham

Not really much to say about the weeks games apart from the fact im scouting players for next season. The league is won as im 20 points clear of 3rd place. If there was a highlight of the week it was taking apart Oli and his micky mouse side. 2 Counter goals left the poor lad shocked as his set up to park the bus in front of the goal fell apart in no time. Its always good to beat oli and its a shame im not going to play him next season as the 6 points always come in handy.

Thats all for now more soon

Big Phil - Blackburn

Well before Xmas we were getting smashed left right and centre, with a couple of wins scattered around here and there, I decided that to use a 'Overload, and 'Very Fluid' tactic in the Premiership wasn't really working (before the season started I decided that this was a good idea, as I thought we would be able to pick up a few more wins than we have done). I tinkered a bit with the tactic (not saying too much on here) and low and behold we have turned it around. I still play my favoured 4231(wingers + AMC) formation we are now sitting 15th(IIRC) with 10 or so games to go. We have beaten Arsenal(4-1) and Liverpool(1-0) aswell as beating a few of the teams around me.

Unfortunately staying in the prem has come at a high price as this season alone I have spent nearly 100mil on new players that will complete my Job of making Blackburn a bona-fide Premier League club. As Steve said theres not really enough time for me to actually win something, especially with the wildcards taking over all the bigger spending teams, but with the right draw next year I might be able to lift a cup (as I have managed to beat a few of the top teams this year), but my team/squad is a long way off the standards of the top 8 teams in the league.

Hopefully we wont blow it now, and we will stay up, being the 1st team in 6 years to stay up after promotion. Stu tried and failed last year which goes to show that its nearly impossible............(MOTY votes for me ;) if I stay up obviously)

More next week

Steve – Sheff Wed

It was another amazing, almost perfect, season for me. I started poorly in the league and got worse racking up 5 league defeats before Christmas. We then got our act together and went unbeaten for the rest of the season. The highlight being an 11 match winning streak that included some vital defeats over our rivals.

At the end of the season I abandoned my natural attacking instincts to grind out some results. First up we faced Kim and I set my team up to play deep, soak up pressure and hit him on the counter. Kim’s side couldn’t keep the ball and so we still had the majority of play, being only to happy to knock it around at the back and run down the clock. We knew full well that if we won all of our games but secured draws against our big three rivals, and they each slipped up at least once then the title would be ours. We got an early lead on Kim and he pressed further, before finding out just how lethal my side can be on the counter. This is perhaps our biggest threat, but because we like to play on the front foot, one rarely used. The other strength that was shown for the first team, perhaps ever, was the strength of my defence. When the midfield actually provided some defensive cover for once, then the back four looked absolutely impenetrable and so Kim’s Man Utd were easily swatted aside and dropped to 3rd on a dismal run. Next up was Geir, and we employed similar tactics, even though we were the home side. Although we squandered a 1-0 lead, a 1-1 draw was what we needed and no less than we deserved as again another human manager found out just how tough my defence can be. Finally, high flying Belly came to town. He’d ousted Kim from second and so it fell to him to offer the final resistence to our incessant march to the title. Again we set up deep to hit Belly on the counter, but also to keep the ball in our own half and run down the clock. Belly just couldn’t get the ball off us and whenever he lost the ball he found the speed of our breaks so furious that he was vastly outnumbered. In particular Lé was often running down the left wing unopposed and the 3-0 scoreline hid the total dominance we had over our Merseyside rivals. After, winning the last big game without even breaking sweat we found ourselves Champions for the second time.

It may have sounded so easy, but at Christmas when we sat 6th and had clocked up 5 defeats, we were facing ridicule and the title looked a long way off. Furthermore, the Butcher took out a few of our better players, and we cantered to the title without our Star Player, Razor Ramón, our leading scorers Guarna and Diallo. Instead we were fighting on with just one upfront, the much maligned Noah Larramendy, and Lloyd Jones. Far less formidable than the Ramon – Guarna / Diallo partnership employed to devastating effect. My 424 formation relies heavily on a playmaking central midfielder and this role was performed very ably by Cicek (currently being sold by Jim) until his departure and he has never been suitably replaced despite my best endeavours. Vitor Costa was too hit and miss in the role and so I spent £30m on 29 year old Vidal. Vidal has not been anywhere near the player I expected and has also struggled in the role. However, with the lack of strikers and a change to the 451 (V shaped midfield) Vidal has excelled in a central midfield role free of defensive duties. He really took up the mantle and was a driving force in our relentless push for the title. All of this begs the question for next season, 451 or 442/424. I like 442 too much to go 451, but other human managers may find the deep set 451 tactic rolled out at times when a draw will do.

In the Cups we went unbeaten in all competitions until the death. This may sound like the norm, but remember you can win a CL group and have lost 2 games in the process or have lost the odd leg but have gone through on aggregate. We had a few tough fixtures in the FA Cup and put out Newcastle and Man Utd en route to the final, were our local rivals fought back from 2-0 down to take it to extra time where I won 3-2. This was a complete reserve side as I was wary of playing my best side against them knowing I had the CL final just a few days later. I had already won the LC, the ESC, the CWC and the CS earlier in the season and so went into the CL final with 6 trophies in the cabinet already. I was looking to repeat my feat of 2023 when I won all 7 trophies. The CL was the toughest test, though I had won it without much trouble for 4 of the previous 5 years. I diposed of a human manager in the quarter finals without much difficulty (Kim or Belly – I forget which) before my most difficult ever CL game. I found myself thoroughly battered at the Emirates and 3-0 to Arsenal. We scored a last minute penalty and all of a sudden we were given a lifeline. Matt returned to play the second leg himself and my 451 formation was too much for him and he just could not get the ball off us and quickly found the 2 goal deficit overhauled. We ran out 4-0 winners in the end, Matt surrendered the tie without a fight and hardly had the ball or a shot on goal. The final was a game too much for us. Even though I had rested players, they seemed lethargic and unable to impose themselves on Real Madrid. Guarna had made the bench but was not fit enough to start and struggled to make an impact when he came on. In his place, Larramendy froze on the big stage and was replaced by Lé upfront as we went back to 442 to try and win it. It was a disappointing end to a fantastic season, and with 4 CLs in the cabinet, we could afford to lose one final.

Steve – Sheff Wed

So what now for Sheff Wed? There are two seasons maximum left in clan, more likely just one. We have a few players who are aging (30-32) who I would look to replace if I was looking further than 2 seasons away, but instead I will look to squeeze every last drop I can out of them. The current squad is perfect for my needs and so needs little in the way of additions.

Gk:

Toldeo and Mulder have showed they can be competent between the sticks and I doubt I will suddenly find the answer to my goal keeping prayers.

Fulback:

At left back the two primary players are now 31 and 32 respectively, but good enough for this season. At right back Ramaciotti is still excellent and only 29. Owens, R. Diallo and Robertinho can all shuffle in to replace him.

Centre-back:

We have an abundance of talent, with the excellent and now veteran Rodrigo Guevara. At 32 he is the elder statesman of the team but still first name on the team sheet. Camille Cardi is as ever the second name down. We have Rory Diallo, Robert Owens (both DRCs) and Moises all as cover. The latter four must be well into their early 20s now.

Defensive Midfield:

A key position for me. One which firmly had Swales’ name etched into it. However, he has excelled further forward and I now look to employ Paul Nichols with Magahaeles deputising and Swales and Cardi coming in when needed. These are all in their 20s.

Central Midfield:

With the success of 451, I may look to play 2 of these instead of my usual one. I have the excellent Swales, the expensive Vidal, the young Endres and can call on Nichols for cover, as well as Claudio and Kocourek. Only Vidal is over 30, and just.

Wings:

Down the left we have Lé and Cristian. Both are in their prime (24-27). On the right we have the superb Kocourek, the versatile Claudio and the young Kinho. We are well covered on the wings with 5 excellent players who would make the first team for any side in the world. None are over 30.

Forwards:

I play 2 up top, one support striker and one goal scorer. Contrary to advice, I play Razor Ramon in a complete striker support role. He still manages to score more than his fair share of the goals. I then play Diallo (poacher) or Guarna (advanced forward attack) alongside him. Guarna deputises for Razor and Larramendy for Diallo. Razor is now 29 and the others are in their early to mid 20s. I am now light upfront as a game error (i.e. host sabotage) saw my fifth choice striker “loaned out” with an option to buy for a measly £9.5m. Fifth choice, like you use him, I hear some cry. Well Lloyd Jones played in the FA Cup final and must have made over 20 appearances in total and sat countless times on the bench waiting to come on as my only striker replacement. Due to this error I need to decide whether or not to splash the cash or whether to promote one of my kids to the bench for the first team. The contenders being Broadbent and Yerah. I’m likely to loan Broadbent out and promote the 18 year old Yerah.

Sale list:

None of my first team are for sale. But I will sell Franchino, Moises, and any reserve / youth player (Yerah excluded) if the price is right. Except for Yerah, time has ran out for the youth players.

One final thought, Ferguson was knighted for two champions League trophies. So what do I get for 4, or am I consigned to the oversight bin with the greatest manager the UK has ever seen, Bob Paisley, and the outspoken Brian Clough?

From the guy who should now be Sir Steve of Sheffield

Nice to see normal voting going on I.E belly giving me Nowt. roll on fm12

motytable2829-1.jpg

When its deserved Stu.. - The above vote was from Fm10..

My MOTY voting is simple , It follows League positions , I figure that the league doesnt lie so i go with this.

Belly - Liverpool

I think mixed bag for the red side of merseyside. Il start with the positives. We got to the final of the Europa League and Faced Jiimmy's Spurs who we beat 4-0 to win the trophy. Excellent work. In the league Kim;s Man Utd was suffering from bad form and i managed to capitalize by moving up to 2nd with only bottom tabled and already relegated Derby away last game of the season.

Maybe it was hangovers from the Cup win or fatigue after a long and tough season but after taking the lead Derby scored 2 corner goals and we lost the game and lost our 2nd place in the league on goal difference.

However if you offered me a 3rd position and Europa League winners at the start of the season i would of taken your hand off so i guess it was a good season.

So far i have managed to trim the squad - We have Millions in the bank and millions in reserve on our wage budget. Only problem is lack of talent to bring to the club.

Luckily we are have many good youngsters at the club and i am sure 1 or 2 of them will go on to be top players.

I know with 1 or 2 seasons left i will never see them reach there true potential but i do not intend to blow it all on one last season like some of my fellow managers.

Now a word about the opposition.

Steve - Superb again Steve - League title well deserved after a great run. Shame you couldnt get that CL win as i think you deserved it too.

Kim - Good Season from kim in my eyes. He has alot of catching up to do with Steve but i can see that progress has been made. Will surely push Steve Harder next season.

Geir - Poor start for Geir but improved and finished the season strongly. I expect him to be up there but below Kim and Steve again.

Jimmy - Solid Start with a new club. His form did worsen and he fell down the league and lost some All Human Battles. I have no idea what Jimmy has instore for us next season.

Matt - Seemed to be missing alot this season and therefore his team didnt do as good as it might. I Cant see him finishing above the others previously mentioned. Maybe he will surprise me.

Paul - Cant give paul enough credit to take Yeovil to Premiership Midtable. As Steve has previously said without the Wildcard sides we would of seen them in europe and beyond.

Mike - Bad start from Mike quickly changed and what a finish from his side. Not sure how much he can push on but i wouldnt be surprised to see him challenging for top 8.

Stu - Dominant Season. Stu's been one of the best managers on FM11. Always here and always overperforming. I wish him well in FM11 & 12.

Oli - Done wonders at Orient and somehow manages to find real gems. It would be only a matter of time before he bankrupts er i mean reach the Premiership.

Tushant - Not sure how often tush has been here but he still done a good job in a short time with promotion with Bolton. Now he has Stu's old job and will be his biggest challenge keeping them in the Premiership.

Joe - FM11 has been up and down for Joe, Great start with Sheff Utd and then came his League 2 nightmare but has steadily been on the rise. Whichever way he goes its always entertaining..

Barry - Barry was a real catch for the clan, Solid reliable guy and also looks like accomplished manager. Now he has his Swansea in the Championship he will be looking to kick on.

Jamie - Same as Barry , even sounds the same :p - Joking aside i like the way Jamie has gone about his business in a quiet manner and quickly transformed Wolves. Will be interesting to see how good these guys are.

Now this is the last season and it will be good to hear about how alot of the new guys are doing in comparison when they start the game at the same time.

As a Clan our 15 members could not decide on which teams and leagues should be played but didnt want to split the clan into two. We have therefore decided to run 2 games for FM12. One will be Lower League Management with 10 managers starting in League 2 and League 1.

The other with be an All Premiership Game currently with 4 members but aiming to recruit up to 10.

Therefore i am looking forward to one last season as a One Game Clan

Belly,

So belly has let the cat out of the bag now. We're very excited about FM12 on prem glory. So much so that we're running two games. Belly's administrating the prem only game.

Meanwhile, I can announce a few more details about the other game. We will call our game: THE UNDERDOGS. There's 10 members, all currently in this clan, and we will all be starting in the 4th tier of english football, League Two. We will run the game down to the 6th tier, BSN / BSS.

As for team selection we toyed with the idea of handicapping, with doing a draw, and with selection. In the end we went for selection and all amicably choose our sides. I wanted Bristol Rovers, but after it now seems beyond doubt I will end FM11 as the most trophy laden manager, I had a bet with Paul, in my opinion the promotion master, that we should go plymouth. We placed our bet based on my league finish in the '26/7 season. My prize for winning the league being the honor of Plymouth! I hope Paul will now choose an equally horrible team.

So there's me. Then there's paul, stu, oli, Joe, mike, matt, Barry, Jamie, and tush. All have been promoted more than they have been relegated (except for matt) and Stu has been promoted 7 times now. Oli has been through the divisions twice (3rd tier to 1st and 4th to 2nd). Paul has only ever managed yeovil taking them from the 4th tier to midtable in the top tier. Joe has been up to prem then up from 4th tier to 2nd. Mike went quickly from 3rd to top, and has been promoted back to the top tier since. Tush has been promoted once coming in his second season and has pushed well up the table since. Barry has only ever been in the top 3, before finally landing the 3rd tier title this season. Jamie went up in his first full season. Matt impressed at notts co before it fell apart and since has done well at arsenal after a wild card. my own promotion credentials pale in comparison, 2 promotions in 5 seasons, from 3rd tier to top.

I think it's safe to say we have 10 managers who are all good at going up through the divisions and as for who'll come out on top it's anyone's guess!

I cannot wait for FM12 and will be following the prem game both in chat and on the thread very closely indeed.

NO NEW MEMBERS WILL BE ACCEPTED TO THE UNDERDOGS GAME SO PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO US!

Kim - Man Utd

What can I say? We were flying high on top of the table, smashing teams left right and centre up until about march. Then came The Butcher, or Belly has he likes to call himself. Not only did he make sure 4 of my players had to be carried off the pitch, but he more or less single handedly ruin my shot at the title. Some may point out that this is my own fault for relying on so few players, but the fact is that the Man Utd squad was old and weak when I took over, and in the summer we brought in 18 new faces to fill the gaps. Unfortunately The Butcher managed to destroy our attacking talisman Odour, cracking his leg half, setting him on the sideline for 3-4 months. Add to that a player who got his ribs broken, one with a dislocated shoulder and then on top of that, the fourth man carried of that day broke his face. That's right, Belly's thugs broke his FACE! The Man Utd board have already submitted our protest to the FA, but seeing as The Butcher has so close ties with the FA the whole thing seems pointless. The only hope is that Steve also put in a protest, so we may hope that the amount of evidence and pressure from the clubs will bare fruits next season.

After the 'Butchering at Old Trafford' it all came tumbling down. We lost at home to Birmingham, Yeovil, Sheffield Wednesday and Liverpool amongst others in the later stage of the season. We crashed out of the FA Cup semi-final, and again in the Champions League quarter final against arch nemesis Sheffield Wednesday. Amazingly enough we recovered just enough to sneak past Liverpool, erh The Butchers, on the last day of the season, finishing 2nd well behind Sheffield Wednesday.

All in all I won't say the season is a complete failure, as we did go out of the cups to the best team in the world for the last 5 years, and were only beaten by the same side in the league. The aim this season was a top 4 position and retain the Champions League status, and we managed that with somewhat of a shocking style.

So, there's one-two seasons left on this game. That means I have completely thrown out any decent/promising youngsters and the reserve team is now down to just 1 player. I hope to sell the last one as well, and bring in only world class players. Newcastle are the team I am looking at most frequent, as they hold top notch players in all positions I need, especially defence. We have already picked up Portuguese centrehalf Paulo for £20m, but we have also been rejected on 2x £60m offers for the two fullbacks. The most gutwrenching thing this summer was that Geir with his Arab oil money stole Ariel Mendez from me! For a whopping £82m transfer fee, £230.000 a week, and £7.5m in both signing on fee and the same to the agent, it has to be the biggest signing of the game so far. Unfortunately for me, Mendez' agent didn't want anything less than £12.75m agent fee, with a £10.25m sign on fee for the player. My board would not allow me to dish this out, so Mendez took the oil money and left for the wrong parts of town :(

With that blow dealt with, I have my eyes on quite a few top class players. Scoring over 110 goals yet again this season we clearly have what it takes up front, but as we conceded over 50 league goals it's clear we desperatly need to add something in defence. Fullbacks are the main priority, and I will sign two of them at any cost. I have about £400m to spend this season, and trust me the money will have legs to walk on!

Looking forward to a cracking last (two?) season(s) with the gang, and also immensly looking forward to FM12!!

--Kim

Ok Lads after unsuccessful attempts at uploading these 2 videos to other hosting sites i have removed the copyright stuff and uploaded to Youtube and picked the best music from there very limited approved library so i appologise if it sux.

Anyway Enjoy :

Premier League Video

Championship and League 1 Video

It features all the Human Vs Human Matches available so this is about 3 months worth. This is why the Prem Vid is much longer as they have more human managers.

Belly

Tushant - West Ham

At the end of last season I was offered to take over the West Ham position that Stu vacated when he left to take over Sheffield Utd. Clearly I had an easy decision to make, this being our last season (most probably) I wanted to fight it out in the Premier League.

The team is much better than Bolton (my previous team) in all aspects (player quality, coach's quality, finances etc.) but I doubt it's enough to have a crack at the top of the Prem table. Where I have 9mil in transfer funds and 250k in wage budget left, other teams have 50mil in transfer funds and 1mil in wage budgets left - so once again I find myself having to make do with what limited resources I have.

I hope to buy some older more experienced players before the summer transfer window is up, but since I just took over I'm having to scout everyone from scratch in order to see what areas of my team I can improve right now.

Realistically I expect West Ham to be a mid-table team at best, but with a bit of luck and morale-management I may be able to push for the top 5-6 come April-May.

My first season with Wolves over and we achieved what i set out to do and gained promotion by 1 point as my assistant got me over the line with 10 points from the final 5 games to get us 2nd place.

Alot of work was needed to the squad to compete in the championship and our player of the season also left on a bosman.

Started with letting 10 players leave freeing 100k off the wage budget and with no transfer budget i have been scouring the players due out of contract and have found some quality players that i think can give us a chance of top 10 - Playoffs.

So i have brought in 10 players including a former german int gk and i have finally got the midfield general we missed last season.

Looking forward to the final seasons on fm11 and i would love to end the game with wolves back in the premiership.

Belly - Liverpool

As we approached the last season i decided that i would not follow down other members paths and splash the cash on several 48 months signings but stay true to the club. Pauls Son Paulista had been on my shortlist for some time and really was the only player that i wanted. Under normal circumstances i wouldnt bother to buy a player of human managers because of the huge markup but as its the last season and my budget was a healthy 89m i decided to test Pauls resolve and offer 80m.

Ofc Paul accepted and despites Paulista's agents best attempts i managed to bag him for liverpool. This 19 Yr old would prove to be one of the best players in the game given a chance but we will never see that.

We started the season with bad news as my Gk got injured for 7 weeks and my second best a young 17 yr old from the youth team. We dropped points away to Chelsea by drawing 0-0 and then won at home to palace. We then Lost away to Kims HIgh Flying and soon to be bankrupt Man utd side and also lost at home to Jimmys Spurs.

I would like to blame my young GK for this and im sure he had a hand in it but in truth we just have not played yet.

On a brighter note we Won the European SuperCup against Real Madrid and won 5-0 away to Hereford in the League Cup. We also won both of our Champions League games. I did start my season by not throwing my 2 outstanding young players in Yildiz and Paulista into 1st team action but have now decided to give them both Central Roles and can see the improvement.

I fully expect to continue to struggle to pick up points until my GK returns.

Until Next Week.

Oliver- Leyton Orient

Its all coming together it seems. Were top of the league lost one game drew another and won the rest. I have continued my normal transfer policy again mainly due to the fact that the club still seems to have a poor reputation. The main dealings during the window was in Goal with my keeper Thompson being sold to Mike hes a keeper im positive by the end of next season would be the best in the world however i managed to get 15m for him and managed to pick up a replacement from Huddersfield called Wall. He is another keeper im sure will be top quality in time its only a shame the game is finishing now its about 3 seasons too early for me as i feel given that time i would have Leyton in Europe within that time. My other major signing was replacing the right back i have had for 4 seasons on loan from Forest Nistor who refused to come again. I managed to bring in an Italian Under 21 on a free who has been brilliant so far this season. The other major coup was bringing in my long time target Cejas from Argentina the U20 i feel will play for Argentina soon in the Defensive Midfield position.

Now down to the start of the season the stand out player has to be Reece Holloway in the centre of the park has 6 goals already and 7 assists he has been amazing for me so far and is really living up to his billing as the next Scott Parker. Edinho has been performing well with him in the middle and Carlos has been improving week on week. The only issue i have at the moment is the under 20 World Cup with 4 players missing including Carlos my star striker i only hope we can keep scraping results and get it back together when i get my players back.

Kim - Man Utd

As FM12 is fast approaching, there was time for some change at Old Trafford this summer. Out of the window went the book on buying promising youth and selling off the 30+ year old who were coming to the end of the career. I started out by clearing out the entire reserve side and racking up some additional funds for my summer spree. In came no more than 11 players totalling £310m!

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 9.6.2027 | Danilo | Corinthians | £1.2M |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1.7.2027 | Díaz, Gerardo | San Lorenzo | £1M |

| 8.7.2027 | Paulo | Newcastle | £20M |

| 11.7.2027 | Radovanovic, Damjan | Besiktas | £7.5M |

| 13.7.2027 | Malande, Rajab | OGC Nice | £10M |

| 16.7.2027 | Keller, Stephan | Newcastle | £60M |

| 17.7.2027 | Prochazka, Emil | Juventus | £30M |

| 19.7.2027 | Vrba, Daniel | Spartak Moscow | £13M |

| 21.7.2027 | El Rasheed, Hassan Isaac | Napoli | £32M |

| 24.7.2027 | Touré, Eric | AS Saint-Etienne | £15M |

| 25.7.2027 | Gílson | Genoa | £20M |

| 26.7.2027 | Vital, Mário | Newcastle | £80M |

| 31.8.2027 | Abiala, Zacharie | OM | £20M |

| | Total | | £310M |

Most of these players were defenders, as it was very evident througout last season that defense was the weak part of the team. I have now a defense consisting of 3 ex-Newcastle players who were the spine of my Premier League and Champions League winning team back in the day. This has left us in a very good spot of course, and it will be an understatement to say that we are aiming for the league title this season. We are still only expected to finish 5th, but we are going to give our all in the league, FA Cup and the Champions League. The only trophy we will not go for with our entire strength is the Carling Cup.

The only downside so far has been the Champions League. This is my own fault, and has to be put down to bad management really, as I forgot about the FA's and UEFA's rule about the need to have homegrown players in the squad. This led to me having only 17 players to choose from in the Champions League, and also being down a couple of men in the league.

Anyways, so far so good. We are top of the Premier League with 6 wins out of 6, having scored 26 and conceded 6. Closest rival Sheffield Wednesday are currently 5th on 12 points, but as we saw last season they are proned to go on a 25+ game win streak and close almost any gap that has been opened up. It's gonna be a long, hard and interesting season, and I expect a dogfight until the end in all competitions as we head towards the finish line.

Current HoF Standings for season:

Oli - 12

Mike 10

Tush 10

Kim 10

Jamie 9

Steve 6

Matt 5

Belly 4

Geir 3

Joseph 1

Jimmy -1

Paolo -2

Stuart -2

Bazza -4

Provisional Final Overall Standings:

Stephen 412^

Kimberley 317

Nathanial 304

Stupot 157^

Paolo 149

Oliver 141

Michele 101^

Frederik 99

Tushant 51#

Jimothy 48*

Joseph 30^

Jonathan 24#

Barry 23#

James 19#

Anton 12#

William -1#

Matthew -31*#

Davie -78#

Geir -109*

Adrian -124*^

* indiactes wild card user

^ indicates played every season

# indicates played less than 10 seasons

Provisional Final Average Standings:

Ste 23.2^

Nat 22.6

Kim 20.9

Tus 12.8#

Pau 10.6

Oliv 9.4

Fre 9.0

Stu 8.7^

Jam 6.3

Mik 5.6^

Bar 4.6#

Jim 3.2*

Jon 2.7#

Ant 2.0#

Joe 1.7^

Wil -0.1

Mat -3.9*

Bel -6.9*^

Gei -7.8*

Dav -9.8#

* indiactes wild card user

^ indicates played every season

# indicates played less than 10 seasons

Kim – can we have a screen shot of the tables please?

Belly – no one is posting at the moment. Crack the whip and sort it out!

Belly is the table man Steve, you know this. I only do this when he ain't doing his job. Darn lazy bankers!

lol

I post the tables at the end of the season. In regards to the lack of posts i think its down to the imminent end of FM11. However with FM12 it is a great opportunity to start from scratch in both clan games and make it perfectly clear.

The network password should change every week. If you aint posted - You dont get it..

PS - Sorry for discussing clan business on the thread - Last time i promise :p

Belly,

Jamie - Wolves

Halfway point in the season and my expecations of mid table to playoffs this season are looking spot on.

Sitting in 8th place at the moment after a blistering start to the season that had me thinking we may get an automatic promotion spot but our form has levelled off and the playoffs are 7 points away which i think at this point in time we would need an amazing finish to the season to catch up.

Shame the game is due to end this season as i feel with one or two quality additions we could get promoted next season back to the prem.

But on the same note i'm looking forward to taking macclesfield through the leagues as part of the underdogs clan :)

Archived