FM 2008: Newcastle United

sirj09

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NUFCSean:

Hey guys, I've just started as my beloved Newcastle and was wondering who to sell/sign, and what tactic is best suited to the team? I was thinking of a Keegan-esque 4-3-3, what you's think?

get a play maker, modric/van de vaart/diego and play 4-4-2. viduka isnt that great in the game. and the rest of the squad is avg. make use of the good wingers nzogbia and milner and do damage by passing thru channel to capitalise on owen and martins pace

Dear Guyz...

I've just finished my 1st season with Newcastle

This is my tactics

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/crystalsteal/NUTactics.jpg

This is the 1st season result

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/crystalsteal/NUEndof1stSeason.jpg

With Owen had 26 goals, Viduka had 17 goals n Arshavin 12 goals

Arshavin scores better then C. Ronaldo on my game, C. Ronaldo just scores 9 goals

Still waiting for Ezequile Lavezzi from Napoli for my next season

Any Suggestion for my 2nd season?

Thx 2 u guyz

Originally posted by jennahaze:

Dear Guyz...

I've just finished my 1st season with Newcastle

This is my tactics

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/crystalsteal/NUTactics.jpg

This is the 1st season result

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u96/crystalsteal/NUEndof1stSeason.jpg

With Owen had 26 goals, Viduka had 17 goals n Arshavin 12 goals

Arshavin scores better then C. Ronaldo on my game, C. Ronaldo just scores 9 goals

Still waiting for Ezequile Lavezzi from Napoli for my next season

Any Suggestion for my 2nd season?

Thx 2 u guyz

Impressive!! Can u please upload your tactic so i gan give it a try?

New update guyz..

Got Christian Zapata, Fransisco Javier Rodriguez, n Rafael Van der Vaart at pre season transfer

Still using 3-5-2 current tactics n The Result are:

0-2 Defeat by Everton at community shield

3-0 Win against Liverpool (H)

3-3 Draw against Tottenham (A)

2-0 Win against Reading (H)

5-1 Win against Middlesbrough (A)

Still rotating Arshavin-D'Alessandro-Van der Vaart-Sapara-Barton-Emre-Cani-Milner-Duff for Midfiel due to their condition

Hi, I'm starting as the one and only Magpies for the 1st time with the new patch. I'll be using my trusty 4-1-2-1-2 formation (no wide men) as I won the league twice with this in the 8.0.1 version.

The main difficulty I'm having is finding a good central midfielder on the right side of my midfield to work with Emre. Also a defensive Midfielder, I've tried Jean II Makoun whose stats are great but couldn't get an average rating over the season of more than about 6.8. Both players must be able to come to NUFC at the start of the game my budget is over £20M.

Is there anyone already in the squad who could play well in these positions? Geremi and Butt look weak and Zogs can cover for Emre at a push.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Cheers

Originally posted by Paul Mc:

Hi, I'm starting as the one and only Magpies for the 1st time with the new patch. I'll be using my trusty 4-1-2-1-2 formation (no wide men) as I won the league twice with this in the 8.0.1 version.

The main difficulty I'm having is finding a good central midfielder on the right side of my midfield to work with Emre. Also a defensive Midfielder, I've tried Jean II Makoun whose stats are great but couldn't get an average rating over the season of more than about 6.8. Both players must be able to come to NUFC at the start of the game my budget is over £20M.

Is there anyone already in the squad who could play well in these positions? Geremi and Butt look weak and Zogs can cover for Emre at a push.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Cheers

i signed Nigel De jong in season 1 to fill the holding midfielder role. He's immense. Just cost me around 7M. Also, i think barton should fill the roles perfectly as well. he didnt stat off very well with me but slowly he gets better

Newcastle in 2015

Gk: Akinfeev

Dr: Micah Richards

Cb: Dirk Moons (Regen)

Cb: Fabio Parisi (Regen)

Lb: Guilherme

Cm: Cesc Fabregas

Cm: Fabrice Muamba

AMR: Leo Messi

AMC: Mattias Fernandez

AML: Robin van Persie

St: Fred

After a new striker this summer, maybe Bojan

Subs:

Tim Krul

Mertesacker

Wayne Bridge

Mikel

Ricardo Quaresma

James Milner

Andrea Pirlo

Micheal Johnson

Vagner Love

Lupoli

Esteban Martinez (Regen)

Who should I add and remove from this squad? Im in my second season. (Feb 2009)

GK: Ochoa, Bouzanis

DR: Rafinha

DC: Mertesacker, Rafael Forster

DC: Steven Taylor, Sakho

DL: Jose Enrique

MC: Deco, Zapater, Granero

AMR: James Milner, Kalouda

AML: Guardado

AMC: Riquelme, Samir Nasri

ST: Martins, Gomez

ST: Klose, Saviola, Rafael Sobis

Is my squad any good? I am fifth in the league right now and I want a better position next season

So Please tell me where I can improve my squad

hi guys,

i am playing as newcastle. i finished 4 1st season.

my team conceded far too many goals for your information.. i need your suggestion on who to sign to improve my back 4..

my defenders are

samba

taylor

cacapa

sakho

barragan

beye

atouba

enrique

please recomend a better defender than the one i already got.. if possible, the price should not be very expensive.. i will update my budget later..

oohh ya, i need a new winger as well i think..

my wingers are

milner

torje

arshavin

nzogbia

duff

maybe you should look at ur tactics - are your fullbacks pushing forward all the time? or is ur defensive line too deep? Becoz Beye + taylor + samba + enrique sounds a very reliable back four to me (in the game)

As for wingers

try Jeremy Menez, Kalouda, De Guzman, Giles Barnes, torbinskiy, Alex (Vasco)...

I'm just about to start my second season on the game as tje newcastle boss, after finishing third last season.

I'm looking to strengthen my squad in certain areas and in particular midfield.

I have aquired the signatures of luis jimenez, sunny, veloso and a french youngster (who's name i forget but looks like he may become something special).

i am happy with my signings but only worried that they're all young and may not have the knowledge or experience to challenge in europe.

are they good enough to handle the pressure in the second season?

what i really wanna know is should i keep hold of my other 3 central midfielders?

joey barton i think i'll keep, despite never getting the ratings i desire from him; but i'm still told he is the strongest midfielder in my squad on my team report!

Is barton worth keeping??

also should i hang onto geremi and alan smith?

would they be good enough for the champions league or/and is it worht keeping them for their experience??

thank you for any help i get.

Guyz...

anyone know how to set a corner kick into a goal?

Coz I have a few player with good attributes as a header like Viduka(FC), F. J. Rodriguez (DC) and maybe also Zapata (DC)

If it necessary, maybe U can tell me how to set those player on att corner kick

Thx guyz...

Well ive just finished my first season as Newcastle coming a mighty second!! I was fairly surprised due to me scraping wins first half of the season to get to 4th spot. But the second half was really impressive, winning easily and drawing away from home againts the top 3. I won the carling cup which was brilliant beating Liverpool 1 - nil with ease!, also just won the FA cup with beating Chelsea on penalties!! All in all brilliant season, only problem is how the hell do i do it next season. Especially because my whole team is wanted!

My three key players was Owen, Martins and Van der Vaart

Owen - P(36) G(29) A(8) In league

Martins - P(25) G(19) A(7) In league

Van der Vaart - P(35) G(23) A(27) In league

Joze Altidore - P(11) G(10) A(4) In league

Van der Vaart has just been amazing this season assisting both owen and martins. The only reason i have Altidore a chance was due to Martins being on African Nation duty and he scored like every game he played in!! Anyone had any proper experience of this guy??

My Team at the end of First Season:

GK - Diego Cavalieri

DR - Srna/Beye

DL - Aurelio/Enrique

DC - Naldo

DC - Taylor

MR - Farfan/Milner

ML - N'Zogbia/Milner

MC - Barton/Makalele

AMC - Vaart

ST - Owen

ST - Martins/Vieri

I brought in Makalele and Vieri for 90k each for half a season to help out. Got Aurelio for 1.1mil

I sold Given for 9mil to Zaragoza which I thought was really good considering he was almost 32 and price would just go down. Brought in Cavalieri because i needed a keeper quick otherwise I would of tried Lloris in summer.

Where would you say I need changed for Champions League??

I have Luis Jimenez and Thiago Motta coming in summer. Got motta for free and Jimenez for 3.1mil

u should have abt 40m to spend on. newcastle have a decent squad. but lacks a attacking playmaker, winger and also fullbacks. u may want another dc too.

possible transfer that i would recommend:

-van de vaart/modric/diego

-menez

-cassani

-kompany

u should have some money left to buy other possible youths(wonderkids) that other forumites recommend.

possible to sell:

there isn't much. those players that u might not want e.g. duff, geremi, carr etc are hard to attract other clubs to buy. so play them for half or full season, accumulate some games and form then mayb u'll have chance to sell them away

I Relize that Newcastle has lot of good player, so I think U just need few player to complete U'r squad..Maybe U should buy one solid DC like Zapata, n one great AMC like Van der Vaart or D'Alessandro, but my favourite AMC is Andrey Arshavin.

I play with 3-5-2 Formation

Given - F.J. Rodriguez, Taylor, Zapata - Cani, Emre, D'Alessandro, Arshavin, Van der Vaart - Viduka, Owen

If U wanna try it, the formation is going to be like:

Given - Cacapa, Taylor, Zapata - Duff/N'Zogbia, Emre, Milner, Van der Vaart, Barton - Viduka/Martins, Owen

I think it's good enough if u want to finish on the top 5

Buy one DC and AMC or maybe another winger and striker on mid season transfer session or pre season transfer indow if U think U will compete on european competition such as Champions League or UEFA Cup next season.

But it's just my opinion based on my Newcastle game

Good luck mate

Started as Newcastle.

52 million to spend to win the league.

Brought- Garay for 13.75 million

and then Diego for 20 million, who rejected Barcelona to come to me. Also got D'alessandro for 7.5 million.

Should i try and get Nani or Walcott on loan?

I got about £40m to spend in my 1st season to qualify for UEFA cup I think.

I signed:

Van Der Vaart - £10m

Arshavin - £6.5m

D. Jarque - £3.8m

Mudingayi - £7m

P. Robinson - £2.5m (Jan)

Vicente - £9.75 (Jan)

Plus a few youngsters

Sold James Milner in Jan for £13m.

Finished 9th after a mixed season. Van Der Vaart was really good for me, but he's been wanting to leave me since the end of the 1st season (I'm now midway through the 3rd). I think I'll probably sell him now though because he's only got 18 months left on his current deal.

2nd season I had a bit more of an overhaul of the squad (spent nearly £40m but recouped around the same).

Bought in:

Joaquin - £12m

Nekounam - £3.4m

Kuranyi - £9.75m

Onuoha - £3.3m

Felipe (Deportivo) - £3.5m

Sold:

Emre, Rozenhal, Smith, Ameobi, Duff, N'Zogbia, Barton, Faye.

Finished 5th second season. Martins has been a monster - scored over 50 league goals in the 2 seasons.

In the middle of the 3rd season now, again spending heavily, but it was aided by the sales of Joaquin (£37.5m), Onuoha (£10m) and Robinson (£6m).

I've found the key performers from the starting to squad to be: Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Owen and Martins. Given did well too but he got injured a lot in the 2nd season and I've replaced him as number one with Reina now.

I've just started my 3rd season and it is going extremely well. With a UEFA cup in the bag and 5th place two seasons running this season is gonna be huge. Here is my team:

GK. Foster

DR. Rafinha

DL. Antonio Lopez

DC. Puygrenier

DC. Samba

MC. L. Diarra

MC. Makoun

AMR. Gyan

AML. Babel

AMC. Jimenez

SC. Podolski

Originally posted by rugby1991:

im selling martins gonna have 8 mil to spend on a striker any suggestions?

im on 8.0.2

was gonna get sobis but he just injured his cruciate ligament

IMO selling Martins is a huge mistake - he's scored a huge amount of goals for me, and TBH with only £8m I can't see how you could get a striker to rival him.

The only strikers I have signed have been Kuranyi (£9.75m), Luis Fabiano (free), Oscar Trejo (£15m) but they have all under-performed thus far, and I've stuck with Owen and Martins as my front two (with Martins as the 'target man' and Owen dropping deeper) which has worked well.

30th June 2011, just accepted the job at Real Madrid with £135m transfer budget and a wag of £120,000/week.

Enjoyed my time at Newcastle and after 4 seasons won - 4 EPL's; 3 Uefa Champions league; 3 FA Cups; 2 League Cups; 2 World Championships; 2 Charity Shields.

Will try Real Madrid hopefully for 4 seasons then return to the EPL if there are any fallen giants needing rebuilding.

Real Madrid is going to be different as no doubt I will not be afforded any time to rebuild. I am already predicted by the media & required by the board to win the league.

This will be a different pressure as i will probably have to either come close or win the league & champions league every year.

Originally posted by GeorgeCOYR:

Right im Going to start a new game with Newcastle.

Recomend Players To Sign?

Weakest Positions?

Strongest Starting 11? Minus Any New Transfers

On The 8.02 Patch Btw

And Im Gunna Play. 4-2-3-1 With Wing Backs

I'd say the best starting players (using 4-4-2) would be:

Given

Beye

Taylor

Faye

Enrique

Milner

Barton

Emre

N'Zogbia

Owen

Martins

For me, I think the central midfield needs strengthening. I signed Van der Vaart first season for £10m and he did brilliant. Centre back probably needs some more strength. Steven Taylor is brilliant, but you could do with 1 or 2 more.

Enrique and Beye were fine for me, as were Milner and N'Zogbia, although I replaced them quickley because opportunities arose (don't think you need to though, both are good players).

Martins has been the best striker I've worked with on FM2008 so far. 1st season he scored 26 leagues goals in 31 games. 2nd season he scored 32 in 35 league games. In my third season and he has 12 in 20. He's a monster. Owen has done reasonably well, and Viduka is good for the 1st season (you'll have to replace him after though - maybe with Andy Carroll who can become decent).

Basically:

Newcastle start with a decent first 11, with a new midfielder and central defender you could have a good first 11. Depth is the main problem.

You have a good budget, big stadium (that can be expanded). I'd work on getting improved training facilities and youth facilities if you're in it for the long haul.

If you're after 4-2-3-1 you'll need more change - your midfield is weak. Definately sign Van der Vaart.

I'd play to start with:

Given,

Baye, Taylor, Faye, Enrique

Butt, Barton

Milner, N'Zogbia, Duff

Martins

For that formation that's probably your strongest line up. You'd need a DC and an AMC or two.

Well after along time away from the game I finnaly got back to my beloved newcastle on a 8.02 database.

Expecting a qualification to europe via a league cup win or at very best a FA cup win. My season went rather poorly on both them fronts round 4 of the league cup and round 3 of the FA cup, however amazingly i managed to secure the title with a 28 game unbeaten run and Man utd dropping 2 points on the final day to Boro at home (lol).

League

toonleagueposja7.jpg

Squad stats

toonstatsgd8.jpg

Best win of the season

60gp9.jpg

Hello all i've just finished my third season as newcastle manager and wanna know where i need to sign or offload players

here is my squad...

goalkeepers

Given

Enyeama

defenders

Cris

Steven Taylor

Cristian Zapata

Christopher Samba

Nicky Shorey DL

Jose Enrique DL

Daniel Alves DR (wants to move to a bigger club)

Aboulya Faye DR

Habib Beye DR

possibly signing a left back called Guillheme (spelling??)

central midfield

Mascherano

Sunny

Veloso

Luis Jimenex

Shankere (spelling?? promising french youngster)

wingers

Fernando Belluschi

Matias Fernandez

James Milner

Kader Keita

attackers

Rooney

Owen

Martins

Bogdan Stancu (amazing young romanian forward)

I feel i have a strong team but worry i have 3 great DM's and could do with offloading one due to not having to rotate so much!

please, any help/advice is great, especially concerning formation and the bench.

P.S. I have just won the Premiership and League Cup, and was runners up in the champions league and semi-finalist in the FA Cup.

Budget around 55 million!!

hi all started a game with Newcastle would like to know where to improve and who should start im playing on 8.0.2 and the squad is looking very thin in midfield and defence. Ive brought in Jeremy Menez for the midfield and Hugo Lloris as a new keeper also got Henri Saivet. Are there any youngsters who turn out any good? any help would be nice

Hi all, finished my 4th season, already in my 5th season and as usual, my team is unstoppable.

I have won all the competition ever since my 2nd season begins, my 1st season i manage to produce an EPL winning campaign but did not got the FA Cup and the league Cup. However the 2nd season onwards i won every single thing.

Wanna see how you guys rate my team.

Goalkeepers:

Marco Amelia ( 2nd season buy: World Class, concedes only 1 per 3 match on average )

Joao Carlos

Joris Delle

Defenders:

Matias Cahais (CB)

Breno (CB)

Armand Traore (LB)

Jose San Roman (RB)

Anes Mravac (RLCB)

Loic Abenzoar (RCB)

Michele Rigione (CB)

Midfielders:

Rafael Van Der Vaart (MC)

Marek Hamsik (DM)

Giles Barnes (MC)

Thiago (MRC)

Cristiano Ronaldo (AMR)

Matias Fernandez (AML)

Mika Aaritalo (AMRL, FC)

Rafael Sobis (AMC, FC)

Emmanuel Dossena (MC) - Not sure you guys have him in this game, as im a youth admirer, he have damn good stats

Sergio Mota (AML)

Yannick Da Costa (AMC, FC) - This is another guy which i could not find in other games, most probably my best buy, shall show the screenshot

Strikers:

Wayne Rooney (FC)

Thiago (FC)

Edison Cavani (FC)

Mario Balotelli (FC)

Below is a screenshot of my tactics

<A HREF=A>

A simple yet powerful formation that leads to many goals..

This is another formation which i play a team which is better than average ( Man U, Chelsea, etc.. )

<A HREF=A>

Sorry if the pictures dosent load, 1st time loading anyway..

My team in the 4th season was the most complete and have the above players already.

1st season my team scored 87 ( 1st in the league ) concedes 46 ( thats alot for being the english champs )

2nd season my team scored 74 ( deproved as united and liverpool both outscored me ) concedes 23 ( worked on defence in the summer plus the signing of Marco Amelia - was the signing of the season )

3rd season my team scored 113 ( This time round bought in cavani and rooney and the partnership sparked off at least a 2 to 3 goals per match scoreline for my team ) concedes 29 ( best defence for the 2nd season running

4th season scored 129 ( bought in thiago (FC) and was even better, made cavani a bencher) concedes 18 ( best defence everywhere )

5th season (Midway) scored 72 concedes 12. More to come icon_biggrin.gif

I Led the EPL with at least 30 odd points for most of the 2nd half of the seasons.

Worked on youngsters instead of buying the lampard, drogba, gerrard type of players who have monster stats but is getting old.

Those who want to have the same success, don't neglect your training of the players, 6 to 7 stars training do make them world class.

For those who don't understand what i meant about concentrating on your training, go to the training forum, check out the posts.. and get tips on how to get your training rating to 6 to 7 stars.. Research and time shall prove it all, and to share with everybody a star which i found from a poor french team forgotten its name.. here is the screenshot

<A HREF=A>

Rate it.. Cheers icon_biggrin.gif

Archived