Football Manager Chat

cleancutlogo.png

Football Manager Chat (FMC) now has now moved to http://www.fmchat.co.uk By virtue of this new beginning, our aim is to produce FM content in the form of articles, theories and thought provoking discussion henceforth. What/who is FMC? We are an amalgamation of FM enthusiasts from various walks of life in a tightly-knit community. FMC was originally founded in 2008, but has since been relaunched by Aodhagan Clifford in April 2010. Following the revival and rebuilding of a thriving community, FMC has developed by leaps and bounds in recent months. So much so, that it was thought best to finally leave its Zetaboard home behind and move on to pastures new.

To a newcomer, we feel that FMC has plenty to offer beyond a warm welcome. With highly active discussion pertaining to FM in its entirety, FM tactics, FM team guides, FM players, FM stories, FM challenges galore, as well as football in real life, console gaming, and vast off-topic chatter about life in general, we feel that our forums have something for everyone.

Whether you want feedback on a tactic, a fresh FM challenge to pursue, opinions and encouragement for your current FM story, to discuss and debate about all things FM related, to give a view on one of our articles, or to be able to talk about football and engage in rival fan banter in a mature and friendly environment, FMC is a place you can do all of that and more.

We look forward to greeting you and seeing you post. See you soon! http://www.fmchat.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Our FM Careers section is buzzing lately and is full of interesting adventures for the FM Community to check out!

Our popular career threads at the moment:

Deltablue's ramarkable European Tour

MLA is doing well as he aims to take Leeds City from the 11th tier of English football to the Premiership

Jazzer tries his hand at managing Liverpool

Johno takes his managerial tour bus over to Palermo in search of success

Why not come take a look and start posting your FM Career on FM Chat today?

http://www.fmchat.co.uk/forum/index.php?/forum/11-football-manager-careers/

After the bad start we had i must admit this site is well worth a visit. I have been given a second chance and welcomed very nicely. There seems to be alot of active members and plenty to discuss :) Well done everyone involved with FMChat

I don't agree with that to be honest. I don't have any problem with the site, but as someone mentioned earlier (before the topic was cleaned of spam - CaptainPlanet, I think it was) - the forum is very spammy. Most of the new topics are one-line questions and there's no discussion at all.

I'm not saying this for any other reason than to offer feedback. I don't view the site, so it's not something that affects me, but if you want to improve as a site, you need to raise the bar of what's acceptable to post, because it's pretty shocking at the moment, to say the least.

Hello,

I am seeking help from the FM Community with my new Football Manager Forum.

I am the owner of FM Chat, a site that opened its doors on an InvisionPower Board on July 15th 2010.

I want FM Chat to expand and maybe in a few years time be in amongst the great FM fansites that are around today like Susie, FM-Britain, FM-Base & The Dugout. I want to take FM Chat to that level. I understand that it takes a lot of hard work and a lot of time to build up such successful forums as the ones mentioned above but I want to reach that goal.

I need people to come and help us out, in order to achieve my dream.

What we need?

A main site (homepage) to store any content and news that we may have.

Improved forum graphics - A professional skin and Logo

Forum Leaders - People who knows the scene and who can help us make the right decisions and push the forum forward. People who will help us Admin the forum.

Graphics Team - People who can provide the forum with downloadable graphics. Something that FM Chat is lacking in. Good content.

Tacticians - We need people who expertise in tactics and can provide us with downloadable tactics and tactical articles & theory's.

Generally anyone who can help us out in any way.

If you feel that you can help me or if you want to help me then please reply to this thread or add me on MSN so we can talk.

I welcome any feedback, and I hope that some of you can help me improve my forum.

Thanks for reading

Aodhagan Clifford

MSN:aodhaganclifford[at]live[dot]ie

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has had some posts deleted, can I ask that from now on you leave the personal comments out. This thread isn't for discussing any differences you have between yourselves so can we please keep it to discussion about the site. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I wanted to introduce myself to you if i havent already, my name is Laurie Cooper, I have taken over from Joe Turner as the community officer, I am your first point of contact, my email address is cooperl@soe.sega.co.uk, please contact me if you have any FM related query.

We attempt to get information to all site at the same time, please contact me with contact details if you have not heard from you as yet.

Thanks

Laurie

Hello,

I am seeking help from the FM Community with my new Football Manager Forum.

I am the owner of FM Chat, a site that opened its doors on an InvisionPower Board on July 15th 2010.

I want FM Chat to expand and maybe in a few years time be in amongst the great FM fansites that are around today like Susie, FM-Britain, FM-Base & The Dugout. I want to take FM Chat to that level. I understand that it takes a lot of hard work and a lot of time to build up such successful forums as the ones mentioned above but I want to reach that goal.

I need people to come and help us out, in order to achieve my dream.

What we need?

A main site (homepage) to store any content and news that we may have.

Improved forum graphics - A professional skin and Logo

Forum Leaders - People who knows the scene and who can help us make the right decisions and push the forum forward. People who will help us Admin the forum.

Graphics Team - People who can provide the forum with downloadable graphics. Something that FM Chat is lacking in. Good content.

Tacticians - We need people who expertise in tactics and can provide us with downloadable tactics and tactical articles & theory's.

Generally anyone who can help us out in any way.

If you feel that you can help me or if you want to help me then please reply to this thread or add me on MSN so we can talk.

I welcome any feedback, and I hope that some of you can help me improve my forum.

Thanks for reading

Aodhagan Clifford

MSN:aodhaganclifford[at]live[dot]ie

Take a look at my blog, see if you like what I am doing - I.E looking at prospects, looking at the game as a whole. If you fancy helping me out with advertising, I would love to help out in return with your place.

This site is awful.

As an admin on FMC I believe I have the write to reply to this comment from Tony. If you feel the above is the case then that is fine, this fansite page on SI is to promote FMC and for people to post comments whether they are both positive or negative. Rather than say the site is awful, some constructive criticism what be more usefull.

Tony joined FMC back in August. But may people told us that this person was a spammer and would just causue trouble. We are fair on FMC and Tony joined as any other member would have done. He was banned form FM-Base - but that was non of our concern - as we had to judge Tony on his own merits. Very soon after Tony joined, he would PM myself and certainly one other admin and ask if he could be a mod - which was very strange, 1 - becasue he was relatively new and 2 - asking to be a mod is not the way to go about these things as I am sure you will know.

As time went on, it became clear that Tony was a handfull, mainly becasue he would seek to look for a confrontation for the sake of it, and try to undermine FMC at every given opportunity. In the last week, enough became enough and Tony was given a two week ban as a result of his behaviour and the way that he was conducting himself. Even though he was told my many members to stop, and everyone was getting sick and tried of his conduct. So after receievig the two week ban, it seems he signed up on SI for the sole purpose to speak badly of FMC becasue he had been banned.

I just though that Tony's commnt deserved the right to relpy - and the reason why I replied was not becasue it was criticism - as put in a constructive way will help improve FMC - but to speak badly of FMC becasue he had ben banned is not on IMO.

I am sorry to have to reply - but given there are two sides to every story I felt the need to reflect this. That is the first and only time I will comment on this particular matter.

Joined FMC one month ago. AC, the admin of the site, asked me if I was interested in doing some blogs for the site, which I was. At first I was only going to right some blogs for the site but soon enough I discovered how great FMC was. The thing that makes FMC so great is the community. Members are cheerful, helpful and up for a bit of banter. The site is very well modded, however I think it's fair to say that mods are not strict and attempt to help the spammy, rude and unhelpful memebers develop into better members.

On FMC there was a guy called Kerrod. He loved FMC, however he was very very very spammy. In the end he was banned for a bit. Most members when banned never come back, however Kerrod missed FMC and came back and vowed to change his ways. The same happened with Tony but unfortunately his second stint didn't quite go to plan...

If you're looking for a fansite please join FMC!

Archived