FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

Hi I've got a problem!

Me and my brother are trying to create a network game..

I see him and when I want to add a user, I get disconnected?

Can anyone help me with this because i've seen this problem earlier in this thread but there was no response.. So please give an answer to my problem! icon_wink.gif

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Figueros:

Hi I've got a problem!

Me and my brother are trying to create a network game..

I see him and when I want to add a user, I get disconnected?

Can anyone help me with this because i've seen this problem earlier in this thread but there was no response.. So please give an answer to my problem! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heard of the problem but don't know the fix...

Try getting him to add you on his side of things, then going on holiday making sure 'disconnect from server client' is ticked at the bottom...

Then, when he has, you should be able to see yourself added, click the 'Not Connected' next to your name and start orgasming or whetever flaots your boat when you play FM

NOTE: I do NOT orgasm while i play FM, honest icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi i am having trouble hosting an online game of fm. I have tried for many series of the game, including cm 03/04 and fm 05 and only now after trying on fm 06 i want to know whats the problem. This is what i have done to try and host:

Obviously i have done the obvious in preferences by ticking the run as server box also ticking the patch box. This did not work so i turned off my firewall and took football manger 2006 off exceptions. Still no luck. I turned off norten anti virus and still can't host.

My firewall is windows xp.

I have a bt voyager 2100 ea wireless for a modem

As i said above i have norten anti virus.

Please i really would like your help it would really be appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plumble:

Hi i am having trouble hosting an online game of fm. I have tried for many series of the game, including cm 03/04 and fm 05 and only now after trying on fm 06 i want to know whats the problem. This is what i have done to try and host:

Obviously i have done the obvious in preferences by ticking the run as server box also ticking the patch box. This did not work so i turned off my firewall and took football manger 2006 off exceptions. Still no luck. I turned off norten anti virus and still can't host.

My firewall is windows xp.

I have a bt voyager 2100 ea wireless for a modem

As i said above i have norten anti virus.

Please i really would like your help it would really be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right if you using the above mentioned router you will need to do PORTFORWARDING and then after you have done portforwarding turn off router firewall.Should be under the security section in your settings and might be called intrusion protection and after yo have turned it save settings and try hosting useing 2nd IP in game status screen.

Any problems add me to messenger icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Am currently in a game with 8 players, and Im the only one having this problem. I keep getting disconnected during the game, especially matches. For me it seems like the packages keep getting timed out, but I was hoping for some info here.

Connection: T1 100/10

Router: D-link 604

antivirus: avast

firewall: Sunbelt Kerio

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Plumble:

I know i should not be posting this here but i really don't know where else i should.

I would like to thank Cougar8173 for all his help on getting me to host cheerz mate well appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done you. Try sending an e-mail next time or by reading the rules - if you know you shouldn't post it here - then dont!

Congratulations on hosting - hope all goes well

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cheesemaster:

Hi, i'm trying to start a network game with some of my mates but the ip never lets them log in! I have ticked Run As Server and we all have patch 6.0.2. HELP ME! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you turned off all your firewall's or added FM to the safe part of your Anti-Virus - if indeed you have any?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cheesemaster:

Hi, i'm trying to start a network game with some of my mates but the ip never lets them log in! I have ticked Run As Server and we all have patch 6.0.2. HELP ME! Forgot to say I have wireless network connection if that helps

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right if you have a router it would help if you state what make of router you have so it would make it easier to help also but please try PORT FORWARDING see if that helps if you get stuck add me to messenger

Hey, can anyone help me? Would be muchly appreciated icon_smile.gif

Right, I'm trying to set up an online game with my mate, I've created the server. But my mate cannot connect to it. I'm connected with a BT Voyager 2000 wireless router, and he's using a BT Voyager 105.

We are both running the same version with identical databases, my firewall and antivirus are deactivated, I have set up port forwarding, and my mate has his firewall and antivirus switched off too. And he still cannot connect to my IP.

I'm not sure what I've missed out here, if anything. Does my mate have to set up the port forwarding on his side too (we don't know how to do this with a Voyager 105, or even if you can)? And is there anything else I should know?

And yes, I have 'Run As Server' ticked.

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

hi,

i have just decided to start a network game with my mates for the first time.

i have got my ip address and have run as server ticked but am having trouble starting it.

first i click on network then go on join other server, type in my ip address and click ok and it says unable to connect to server??

first of all i am doing the right thing to host a network game, and if so what do i need to do to make it work?

Any help would be meuch appreciated,

cheers Thumbs Up

i am trying to start an online game with some mates.

i load up network and start new game. i type my ip address in and make a password up. I then start the game and tell my mates the ip but when they try it says unable to connect to server.

note- when i go to game status i have noticed there is a different ip address.

do i need to go back into preferences and change it again

i have aol broadband and this is my 1st time trying to play online.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Could someone just clarify for me wether ur portforwarding settings need to be:

Tcp : 10094

udp : 10093

Or as people have been posting:

Tcp : 10093 and 10094

Cos if its the later the guy who referenced that website in the first post is an absolute spud and probly responsible for half the problems on this thread. Apoligies if this isnt the case but I and a mate just wasted a few hours tryin to get a game goin and im not in a good mood to say the least.

These port settings should be clearly listed and labelled in the manual anyway, its not like broadband usaing a lan router is becoming a rare comodity around europe these days.

Also does the host only need these port settings enabled or the people connecting as well?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LanceFujitsu:

Could someone just clarify for me wether ur portforwarding settings need to be:

Tcp : 10094

udp : 10093

Or as people have been posting:

Cos if its the later the guy who referenced that website in the first post is an absolute spud and probly responsible for half the problems on this thread. Apoligies if this isnt the case but I and a mate just wasted a few hours tryin to get a game goin and im not in a good mood to say the least.

These port settings should be clearly listed and labelled in the manual anyway, its not like broadband usaing a lan router is becoming a rare comodity around europe these days.

Also does the host only need these port settings enabled or the people connecting as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tcp : 10094

the bold text above is the right settings for the ports and only the host has to do port forwarding if you have any problem add me to messenger and i can help you

Hi,

The clan I have been involved in have just started to have some problems with reading our news items. Everything was ok when we were running on 6.0.2 but since a few of us have updated to the newest patch some of our news items dont appear on our screen.

Just wondered if this is because the host is till using 6.0.2?

Guest mightyhoops

Sorry guys if this has come up but i have Norton and im not allowed to disable it and i can't get an online game to join or host.

I have allowed windows file sharing and added fm06.exe to programs which are allowed but is there anymore settings i need to change on the firewall?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big_Ant:

Hi,

The clan I have been involved in have just started to have some problems with reading our news items. Everything was ok when we were running on 6.0.2 but since a few of us have updated to the newest patch some of our news items dont appear on our screen.

Just wondered if this is because the host is till using 6.0.2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right first question -Why has everyone updated to 6.0.3 when the host is still using 6.0.2 and yes that is why the news items don`t show up you all need to running the same patch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mightyhoops:

Sorry guys if this has come up but i have Norton and im not allowed to disable it and i can't get an online game to join or host.

I have allowed windows file sharing and added fm06.exe to programs which are allowed but is there anymore settings i need to change on the firewall? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>if you`re using a router then you need to configure portforwarding and make sure its allowed in all your firewalls

• 2 weeks later...

hi !

we started an online game with a programme called "hamachi".we played the game and i(host) saved the game and we both quit.

how will we continue our saved game?

i load the game

my friend connects when he connects he is identified as a new user and totally there are 3 managers but 2 people

but he cant continue his previous career

i can control my and his career

he cant click the "not connected" next to his old career i can click his and mine.

he adds a new manager to continue game but cant continue his previous career

help please

hi i posted a thread earlier about starting a new network game. i have checked the run as server box and saved preferences but what next i would refer to my manual but lost it during a house move. please help also how do i get my ip address and what would others have to do to join

Hi!

Me and my friend started a game via internet without any problems.

But when we met physically we continued with the game with both sitting at his computer.

Now when we wanted to continue via internet I can't resume control over my team as it says that team is already taken.

Does anyone know if this is possible to solve, or do I have to start from the beginning again by retiring the current manager and add a new?

/

Knutsson

hi chaps,shot in the dark i guess but heres my problem.

I tried to join a clan game and was getting the message "server not found" after a bit of try,retry and try again i got into the game for about 2 minutes at that point lost from the server.

iv been through the whole port forward shanannigans and still no success same message,apart from the last two time i got Football manager is running dangerously low on memory please make space,then football manager has run out of memory and closed down.

any advice,hints tips or money greately appreciated.

cheers

Basically I want to start an internet game with a couple of mates, we have all played it on different computers on the same wireless connection but can't do it from different places.

We have tried port forwarding (opening ports 1093-1094 plus other combinations) and we just can't get it working.

It is begining to get quite frustrating as we have tried a lot of things we have read on here and elsewhere. We all use laptops and a netgear router.

Can anyone give me a clear description of exactly what to do (no matter how simple) on each computer before I go mental. Thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2Yoshimitsu2:

Basically I want to start an internet game with a couple of mates, we have all played it on different computers on the same wireless connection but can't do it from different places.

We have tried port forwarding (opening ports 1093-1094 plus other combinations) and we just can't get it working.

It is begining to get quite frustrating as we have tried a lot of things we have read on here and elsewhere. We all use laptops and a netgear router.

Can anyone give me a clear description of exactly what to do (no matter how simple) on each computer before I go mental. Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> if you are hosting and can`t then add me to messenger and tell me your make and model number of router and i`ll try and help you because when you did port forwarding you might not have done it right or missed something out and are you all on a LAN network or in totally seperate locations and trying to connect through the internet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rectum:

I tried to join a clan game and was getting the message "server not found" after a bit of try,retry and try again i got into the game for about 2 minutes at that point lost from the server.

iv been through the whole port forward shanannigans and still no success same message,apart from the last two time i got Football manager is running dangerously low on memory please make space,then football manager has run out of memory and closed down.

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you hosting and getting this problem or are you just a player trying to connect

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDXCougar8173:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rectum:

I tried to join a clan game and was getting the message "server not found" after a bit of try,retry and try again i got into the game for

about 2 minutes at that point lost from the server.

iv been through the whole port forward

shanannigans and still no success same message,apart from the last two time i got Football manager is running dangerously low on memory please make space,then football manager has run out of memory and closed down.

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you hosting and getting this problem or are you just a player trying to connect </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im just a player trying to connect,but like i said iv managed twice before which is whats baffling me ? any ideas mate ??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by rectum:

cheers

Are you hosting and getting this problem or are you just a player trying to connect </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi he is a player trying to connect to our clan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDXCougar8173:

try not to run or have too many things running in back ground that will use system memory try just running FM and whatever chat program the clan uses to chat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was only running msn,anf theres no way i should be low on memory anyway,my system is apparently half decent.

doesnt matter anyway mate im just gonna give up on the online aspect.. ***gutted***

Operating system:- Windows XP

Service packs installed:- Service Pack 2

net connection:- Broadband DSL

ISP:- Aol Broadband (AOL 9.0)

router involved:- BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem

anti virus software:- Norton Anti Virus

Firewall software:- Windows Firewall

I'm having real problems trying to play online. I have the same update patch for the game (6.0.3) as my mate but keep getting told unable to connect to server.

I've tried changing firewall and anti-virus to permit all access to the game but still no luck. I've even tried disabling firewall and anti-virus but still no joy locating my mate. I have tried Portforward.com but they don't have my modem make which I believe has an inbuilt router.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated before I lose the will to live!

First off, I've experimented briefly with internet play before and I can connect to my friend, and he can connect to me.

My friend and I started a hotseat game at my house and now want to continue it over the internet, but when I load the game and then ask him to join my server, it says that the server can't be found. If I start a brand new game however, he can connect without a problem.

PLEASE TELL ME we don't have to start our game again. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knutsson:

Kind of same problem as I described earlier in this thread.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I saw your thread, yeah it is the same kind of problem. I don't like the way threads are instantly locked in this forum - I realise it's not a technical help forum, but I've asked three questions in various threads and not got an answer to any of them. I don't even know how to resume a saved game over a network. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TRFC:

. I don't even know how to resume a saved game over a network. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you`re hosting you load the game tick run as server in preferences either before or after saved game is loaded then when you see the teams currently being managed in your saved game you will see NOT CONNECTED next to the managers name click on NOT CONNECTED and then when prompted whether you want to resume control of said team click yes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by supermac:

hey am desperate to play online but i am yet to find a web site which tells me how to configure a D-Link DSL G624m router

any suggestions would be helpful </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried this website http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

i know your router isnt listed but try the nearest model to yours cos the default ip to access the settings are the same so i presume the settings are the similar for each model

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Operating system ?

Service packs installed ?

net connection ?

ISP ?

router involved ?

anti virus software ?

Firewall software ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Win XP

Service pack 2

Net connection: NOne

No router involved

MAcafee anti virus, turned off

Firewall disabled on windows

heres my story:, hope you can help:

Me and my housemate are trying to set up a lan game and after a couple of hours of grueling wireless tinkering ive finally managed to create a peer to peer wireles network between our two laptops. He creates a game because he has a superior spec laptop and when i go to join i can see the server i join it and get to the status page, then wehn i click new user his screen goes blue with a message "windows has shutdown/restarted your pc in an attempt to limit damage" or something along those lines. So we decided that we would try my laptop as host even though it is slower, i set it all up, he got to the status page went to create a new user and his laptop froze and on a couple of occasions it also restarted his laptop, but not the blue screen this time. Any ideas guys, we're both running the same patch with the same data, maybe one of the hosts could help, cheers

OK, basically i can host and join games fine, i know how to do all the port forwarding ect... and it works fine i can connect to games and people can join mine when i host fine... but...

When i host a game i am fine, then the other players when they click certain pages (i.e. say a league table) the whole game freezes for them, or kicks them. I have tried things like the Internal IP command because it was talking about games freezing/crashing online it makes no difference, still when they click certain players, league tables and generally pages it just crashes (note this never happens on single player)

When i join a game, it does basically the same thing to ME and only me, so it's obviously to do with my game or w/e, but does anyone have any ideas what is happening, when i join a game i click certain pages (it can be any random page at any random time) and it will just freeze, it is doing it though to reguarly to play, i.e. i wouldn't be bothered if it happened every 30 mins, but it tends to be less than 2 minutes because obviously your clicking different pages... I wasn't sure whether to post this in here or another thread, but anything anyone knows or has experienced/fixed like this, please do tell me about it...

My game has been like this since i got it withthe first patch all the way to the latest, and yes we use same db's etc... Thanks Mattie.

Hello,

i have been trying to get online networking for a while now but i can not get it to work. i cant host or join.

i am on a wireless router and my router is BT Voyager 2091. my freind gave me the port forwarding website. i set up a static ip as asked then i typed it into the wep page when it asks you to enter it in the box before you continue.

but i dont know how to forward the ports. so i would be gratefull if anybody on the same router or who knows what to do could help me and guide me on how to do it..

Thank you

Mark

Archived