FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

Thanks for all the feedback you gave on the previous questions John Paul Remington. Much appreciated. I finally found my answer here why I'm not able to host a FM game (due to Nvidia ****). I hope there will be some kind of patch/fix soon.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi there i have just tried to play my first online game on fm2006 and found i had a problem. i have a 64bit nvidia motherboard, i have read through the post on the forum and discovered there is an issue with nvidia is there a patch or fix for this problem cheers

ok was that on the 64bit motherboard it's just i have read plenty of people complaining on this board about it, so anyone else back me up on this. I went to start a network game with my brother i typed his ip adress in entered it and i was connected to the game only when i go to new user the game just hangs with the football icon, can anybody point me in the right direction please? thanks

ok was that on the 64bit motherboard it's just i have read plenty of people complaining on this board about it, so anyone else back me up on this. I went to start a network game with my brother i typed his ip adress in entered it and i was connected to the game only when i go to new user the game just hangs with the football icon, can anybody point me in the right direction please? thanks

Guest XaviDT

i have problem beeing the host of a game with router.

i have 2 ip's but its impossible join the game.

Have i to put both ips? second ? i have tryed all. Help me please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XaviDT:

i have problem beeing the host of a game with router.

i have 2 ip's but its impossible join the game.

Have i to put both ips? second ? i have tryed all. Help me please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i might be able to help you add me to messenger

I've been playing online with my mate now for about a fortnight. He seems to experience large chunks of lag in the game. I have ADSL which should have at least 256K for uploads. How much bandwidth does the game roughly use and what addition things affect the speed of the game.

The game we're playing had the Premier League, Championship and all Brazilian players loaded. Any help would be appreciated!

GreenBuds, it appears you are going to have to "Get in Line" for this so called Patch to fix the NVidia chipset Bug, i had no problem Hosting on FM2005 and people could connect to me fine APART from my brother who was using Athlon 64 Bit with NVidia Chipset. THEN just before FM2006 appeared i rebuilt my PC and now have NVidia chipset with 64 bit Athlon (Same problem as my bro was getting previous)... is there any "Bug Reporting" thread or is this as good as it gets??? and we just sit on a desert island and pray for S.O.S???

Cheers All.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razar:

Hello, I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible for me to host an FMonline game using homechoice as my isp? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is homechoice or which company is it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timster:

are the ports for fm2006 the same as fm2005 ?

namely, tcp & udp 10093 and 10094 ?

thanks for the help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they are the same

Hey,

Me and my mates are trying to set up a network game with FM2006.02 but we have some troubles. They can connect to the game allright but then, they cannot create a new manager. They say FM is "loading database" and then they get disconnected...

Something I could do ?

(I'm using FM 2006 v6.02, WinXP, Norton Firewall set up to let through FM, router with correct ports opened)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by greenbuds:

ok was that on the 64bit motherboard it's just i have read plenty of people complaining on this board about it, so anyone else back me up on this. I went to start a network game with my brother i typed his ip adress in entered it and i was connected to the game only when i go to new user the game just hangs with the football icon, can anybody point me in the right direction please? thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you greenbuds figured it out...if so please help me..I really need help, it's urgent

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cougar8173:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razar:

Hello, I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible for me to host an FMonline game using homechoice as my isp? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is homechoice or which company is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Homechoice is a cable company, they also provide 1mb broadband through the same box as the cable tv. So i was wondering if i could host a game with this?

Razar

I can't say for sure yes or no, but I don't see, try it.

Or contact homechoice tech support saying you are looking to host a game over the internet amoung friends and they will need access to your pc on TCP and UDP through ports 10093 and 10094 for both protocols.

Ok the NVidia chipset problem, I'm not sure if its a chipset problem, I run an NVidia board and I'm connect through the NVidia net card and host fine, ok on an Athlon 3200xp.

I have tried and failed to help someone with the AMD64 chip but I do know someone who says he hosts on the AMD54 fine, I'll try and speak with him and see what he says about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mathddd:

Hey,

Me and my mates are trying to set up a network game with FM2006.02 but we have some troubles. They can connect to the game allright but then, they cannot create a new manager. They say FM is "loading database" and then they get disconnected...

Something I could do ?

(I'm using FM 2006 v6.02, WinXP, Norton Firewall set up to let through FM, router with correct ports opened) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I read, it seems that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I've seen no one able to solve this. I tried again today, including (two computers on the same network, two computers on the internet, different computers hosting the game) and still I'm stuck with the "new network client" and cannot have someone join...

So I'm going to quote the Beatles :"Help !"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Jaguars:

I'm led to believe that my Router's Firewall is preventing me from hosting an online game of FM2006...

"Belkin"

"ADSL Modem with high-speed Wireless-G router"

That's all i know about my Router, i can't find anyway of disabling the Firewall !

Anyone able to help ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if your the host you need to make sure that you have set up the router to port forward on the following ports

UDP 10093 and 10094

TCP 10093 and 10094 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you forward those ports?

I used to have an online game with a friend but he recently got a new internet and Ip. address

Bt Voyager 2091, he's also on a router. (he was host)

Now we can't continue our game,

I tried to create a new game where i was host but he couldn't connect. (im on a lan network)

Can anyone help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Top Tiger:

Hey anyway to get the game working at University? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I very much doubt it unless you know someone in the IT team,

the ports are probably closed for security as its common policy to only open up ports that are required and close down everything else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Top Tiger:

Hey anyway to get the game working at University? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it will not work unless you are in a shared house like one of our clan players is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cougar8173:

For anyone who`s behind a router and wants to host fm please try this website http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi i have forwarded routes 10063 TCP UDP and 10064 TCP UDP but i still cannot host a game icon_confused.gif any help would be much appreciated.

Hey guys, it seems a lot of people need help and they just aren't getting it!!

Anyway, my question is a simple one:-

I open up my IE firewall settings (I don't have any form of router by the way) to open up the ports. I add a new port and see there is a space for a Title, IP address, External Port and Internal port.

My question is does it have to be like this -

TCP

External: 10093

Internal: 10093

UDP

External: 10094

Internal: 10094

OR

TCP

UDP

Any help would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dunkster:

For anyone who`s behind a router and wants to host fm please try this website http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi i have forwarded routes 10063 TCP UDP and 10064 TCP UDP but i still cannot host a game icon_confused.gif any help would be much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should be 10093 and 10094 mate

i have hosted a game on 2005 . u give out you external ip address and not your internal one. the game will list you internal one on the game status page.... ignore it..... but the ports to open i assume are different on 2006 as i cannot host a game now and i am doing the same as i did when i hosted a 2005 game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wayne-ker:

i have hosted a game on 2005 . u give out you external ip address and not your internal one. the game will list you internal one on the game status page.... ignore it..... but the ports to open i assume are different on 2006 as i cannot host a game now and i am doing the same as i did when i hosted a 2005 game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pots are exactly the same on fm06 as they are on 05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zed:

I open up my IE firewall settings (I don't have any form of router by the way) to open up the ports. I add a new port and see there is a space for a Title, IP address, External Port and Internal port.

TCP

UDP

OR

TCP

UDP

Any help would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

external and internal ports should be the same

10093 internal

10093 external and so on

but with XP firewall, I'm sure you can just add FM to the applications thats are allowed net access and it should run fine

OK

We Have two laptpops we are sitting in the same room we have a cable is there anyway we can link the two computers so we can play without having to go online. My cable is similar to what you would use to connect to the internet. I put the ends of the cable into the internet connection place on both laptops i start a new game with network. I put play as server on and all that but when he puts in my address it justs says UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ??? ??? ???

your friend and anyone else won`t be able to connect to you using your IP as it is for internet connections but i don`t think there is any way of playing other than through the internet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zed:

TCP

UDP

OR

TCP

UDP

Any help would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

external and internal ports should be the same

10093 internal

10093 external and so on

but with XP firewall, I'm sure you can just add FM to the applications thats are allowed net access and it should run fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So 10093 TCP and 10094 UDP?

Or 10093 TCP and 10093 UDP as well?

Sorry, lol. How do you add FM to programs that are allowed net access?

Thanks for reply as well, by the way.

when you run the game your firewall will ask if you want it to be given internet access </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never been asked before. Should i obtain a software firewall like McAffee and turn off the built in XP firewall?

Windows XP

SP2

2Mps

PlusNet

Linksys WAG354G

Norton Antivirus and firewall

I cant seem to get my friend to connect to my game i dont know where i have got to open the ports because the page i think i need to do it there is no free spaces in the boxes.

Hello there,

Me and my friend have the Original Game. We just installed the Game and the 6.0.2 patch (422.exe on your site). We are able to play single player, but when we try to play Online, I connect to his host without a problem and then, when I try to make a New User, it simply disconnects from the server! So, I tried to host aswell and the same thing happened to him... None of us have Router or Firewall.

Why is this happening?!? It's strange...

HELP NEEDED!!! icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poisondemon:

Hello there,

Me and my friend have the Original Game. We just installed the Game and the 6.0.2 patch (422.exe on your site). We are able to play single player, but when we try to play Online, I connect to his host without a problem and then, when I try to make a New User, it simply disconnects from the server! So, I tried to host aswell and the same thing happened to him... None of us have Router or Firewall.

Why is this happening?!? It's strange...

HELP NEEDED!!! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I mentionned earlier, I have the same problem icon_frown.gif I'm still desperate to find a solution...

I have windows media center 2005 SP 2

I use wireless b connection

I have cable modem which is a wireless gateway.

I got Norton Internet Security 2005.

I have been trying to host a game on the internet since fm 2005 but I couldn't. However I was succesfull with a lan game which I used my other computer to join. The thing is that when I host there is two ip adresses, I gave both ip adresses to my friend to join, but he was unsuccesful. So can anyone help me please? By the way, windows firewall is turned off and I exculeded the worldwide soccer manager 2006 on Norton internet security firewall. Thank you!

if you have 2 ips showing in the game status screen then one is your internal router ip and the other is the external ip which is needed to connect to game and therefore you to turn your router firewall off and do port forwarding which can be done with help from the website i posted in one of my previous posts

Anyone worked out the "New Network Client" Bug? - and yes it is a bug, i work in software development myself and find it totally unacceptable for such a widely used piece of software to have a bug problem that is affecting so many people. I e-mailed Sigames about a week agao and still no answer (apart from their "Auto Reply")...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D@Bz:

Anyone worked out the "New Network Client" Bug? - and yes it is a bug, i work in software development myself and find it totally unacceptable for such a widely used piece of software to have a bug problem that is affecting so many people. I e-mailed Sigames about a week agao and still no answer (apart from their "Auto Reply")...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm "glad" to see that more and more people are complaining about that problem, the more we are the faster we'll get something back.

Mathddd? - have you contacted them directly to try and find out the problem? - if anyone does find a temporary fix for this bug pls do not keep it to yourself, come back to this thread and "share the glory". Cheers

Hi, ive been reading the posts and have found out that my netwoking game may not work because of norton, firewall, routers etc... If i dont know how to sort all that out can i simply download the update and would this then allow me to play? thanks, ali...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alidunham:

Hi, ive been reading the posts and have found out that my netwoking game may not work because of norton, firewall, routers etc... If i dont know how to sort all that out can i simply download the update and would this then allow me to play? thanks, ali... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if you install the update and it still won`t work unless you have done port forwarding on your router and got your firewalls to allow fm to run as server

Archived