The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

Can we lose 3 tosses in a row ?

Winner will bat first here i assume ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

yes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

If today was a washout could Oz delay naming their team until tomorrow, thus giving McG more time to recover?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, because the toss would be made today

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pengedragon:

just discovered i am in a meeting from 10.30 icon_frown.gif

should be a national holiday when the ashes are on tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be nice icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Drinkwater:

They could, of course, gamble and name him anyway, expecting a washout. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or they could assume they are gonna win the toss (pretty good assumption) and bat first, that way they wont need mcgrath till saturday icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

haha can't believe they are risking him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're assuming it's a risk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

grade 2 damage? must be a risk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

Well I twisted my ankle last week, and I'm not going to run in and bowl at full pelt, and I've had two days extra recovery. If he does bowl at fully fit, I want some of what he's had this past week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Well I twisted my ankle last week, and I'm not going to run in and bowl at full pelt, and I've had two days extra recovery. If he does bowl at fully fit, I want some of what he's had this past week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf I suppose he's had intensive treatment from top physios which may help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Well I twisted my ankle last week, and I'm not going to run in and bowl at full pelt, and I've had two days extra recovery. If he does bowl at fully fit, I want some of what he's had this past week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf I suppose he's had intensive treatment from top physios which may help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but I didn't have a grade 2 tear.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

I was nervous watching the highlights there icon_biggrin.gif Doesn't look like there's going to be rain btw, if McGrath's playing I can't believe he's going to be at his best considering he probably hasn't bowled much in the nets for the last week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for someone of his experience and quality does he need more than an afternoon (plus this morning) practise in the nets?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

Mon a score of 400+ and mon someone getting a century icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vaughan's due a big score, which will probably mean he'll get out for 10.

Archived