2 - NUFCSean, Linfield FC,

3 - NUFCSean,

4 - jonahno6,

5 - arsenal_2111, Linfield FC, DiscoStu94

What kind of help do you need?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think we should leave the team with no players, bar Ben Harper, as this is what made me attempt the challenge in the first place. New board members would be a good, say four of five new members. The kits are looking very good, I must say they are very impressive. There will be new features on FM09 that we will be able to use and plan for closer to the release date. I think my email is in my personal page, chack that.

I think I've found my own Gem, unless it turns out that I took him from someone else o.O

He is 37 years old, and doesn't look to have the best stats, but has scored as many goals as Jurak, in less games.

Jaroslaw Mackiewicz.

Top of the league icon_smile.gif Just got Hailed a Tactical Genius by my fans after a run of great wins... (3-1, 3-0, 4-0).

It is likely.

I think him and Jurak are having a contest for top goalscorer. He scored, then Jurak scored.

Then, he just scored from a freekick (non-deflected). Second-half about to start... will Jurak keep fighting?

Good player for people just starting save though.

DiscoStu

Who were your best signings for the BSP?

I have Sedziak and a Polish ST who have got 18 between them, but I leak goals!

My defence and keepers are all very good, but they dont seem to work well together.

Also, Ben Harper is doing great for me on the LM!

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Just won 5-1 v (formerly) top of table Rushden!

I have Hardy and Sedziak, the other 2 arent on my game

Correction - Kaduba is, but looks awful, rated as decent signing, and ST is my best position(Jurak and Balde have hardly played so far!)

icon_mad.gif

Just looked at the table, and have scored most in the league, 49 after 20 games.

But I am 15th, conceding 49 aswell.

This is bloody ridiculous, all of my defence are rated 'quality', 'leading star', or rated at at least league 2 standard, yet they are all crap!

Any ideas what I can do?

Set your tactics to more defensive? There aren't that many good defensive players available usually around the BSP, so if you're using Hulk's 4-4-2, try putting barrows on the full backs and making them more defensive. Make the mentality more defensive as well, and try doing a 4-1-4-1 with a DM instead of two strikers.

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drhenry:

Arsenal

Just got a Fan Day icon_smile.gif

What was your attendance?

And what did the message say after the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and it turns out I didn't read properly.

The BATH board picked it for a Fan Day... so it doesn't affect me.

Just noticed something. Unintentionally, I signed a pair of brothers. My first-team RB, M. Wrobel, and my Sub LB, L. Wrobel. Born in the same polish town, L. Wrobel is three years younger.

Only just realised icon_smile.gif Even set as favourite players.

Polish players do great, I have a AM RL Polish player.

Signed him for £3k, and he is rated as a Championship winger!

Also my striker, just got his 30th of the season v the team in 2nd(Cant remember who, turned off my game)

Have won 4 of my last 7, drawing the other two, losing 1.

Yeah... all of my bugs seem to only appearing on this game.

In other news, beat BSP side Halifax to get through to the FA Cup 2nd Round - my opponents are League 2 side Bury.

Still top of table though. Jurak just got injured for a month (against Halifax) but I bought in a replacement.

Here is some information about my season, 2009/10.

A very disapointing season in the Blue Square Premier.

My squad is very good, most players rated as League 2 +. Despite this, my progress isnt as I expected.

Since I adapted my tactics, my recent resultshave seriously improved, especially since the Torquay match.

As my board only expected me to fight against relagation, the still have a lot of confidence in me.

My best signing of the game came this season. Artur Skiba joined the club, and as you can see, he ripped up the goalscoring league.

16 year old Ben Harper impressed me. I decided to give him a chance, as Kosecki was 16 when he started playing, and doing well. Speaking of Kosecki, he hasnt done well at all. He is in my reserves, and is rated as 'decent' in potential.

My other great player is Ostrowski. I signed him for a few thousand, Jan 31st. He is rated by my coaches as a good Championship player, and he was a bargain!

I honestly love Polish players!

So thats it for this season, and I am definitly aiming for promotion next season, and if I dont get play-offs at least then I will be very annoyed.

BTW, what do you think about the kits and badge in the information screen?

Originally posted by drhenry:

What were your main problems? Tactics?

Think so.

I was using theincrediblehulk 4-4-2.

Was conceding way too many, so put barrows to my full backs, made their mentality more defensive, and made one of 2 CM's more defensive.

Pretty confident now.

Sunderland Away icon_frown.gif

Good news is that, after rejecting me pre-season and about six weeks ago, Baldé just agreed to sign for me at last.

Think Jurak will be back from his injury soon, and yet I've still been doing fine without him.

Better than a loss.

Haven't played for a few days... got my Xbox online at last yesterday, so may not be on much for the next few days to continue the game. Going to try to do another month now though, got Sunderland match next.

Hello!

Finally summer vacation, so I've been starting a save with Harpenden, too!

Well, just wanted to let you that another manager has taken over the Harpenden hotseat (and is doing well icon_wink.gif) - I'll probably make and update later tonight! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Huh? Whats XBLive?

XBox Live

Haven't been playing this game for a while, been stuck under piles of homework, will play a bit tonight though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im lucky, my exams are all over so I have loads of time now!

Only 3 points off the play-offs now, 1stis out of reach(damn Bury!)

So first season finished.

I must admit it was harder than I had figured to fill up the squad with just somewhat decent players. However, what I thought was a pretty bad squad, ended up surprising me - and the rest of the league teams - with a magnificent performance.

First game of the season was the single friendly against Watford where the team stood it's first test and I had to see if my players could even hit the ball. It turned out that they could, and the game resulted in a victory!.

Pre-season over, and the real tests start. The first 5 games was won before we finally came down to earth with a 1-2 defeat against Basingstone. My players then took themselves together and we ended on a 15(!) games winning-streak before losing 1-2 against Eastbourne Borough.

Meanwhile the Setana Shield and F.A. Cup qualification was played. The quest for the Setana Shield trophy came to an abrupt end with a dissapointing 1-2 defeat against Braintree in the 3rd round.

The F.A. Cup qualification went well, however, and we managed to qualify for the Cup qua the qualification which included a legendary 7-4 win against Farnborough!

The fairytale ended quickly, though. After an amazing 5-0 victory over Hereford in the first round we were drawn against Bournemouth and after 20 minuttes of that game we were up 3-0 but unfortunately we couldn't keep that lead, and we ended up losing 4-5.

Focus were now on the league, and honestly it was a walk in the park and ultimately, we ended up winning the league with 38 points!

A last trophy was still within reach - the F.A. Trophy! After a total demolition of Kettering in the semis, we won the trophy with a 2-1 victory over Exeter, and we were now 40k and two titles richer! icon_cool.gif

Player of the season was without a doubt the Cristiano Ronaldo of Blue Square South, Dariusz Preis, while Lionel Messi - sorry I mean Lionel Zoko - did amazingly together with Laurent Dutheil upfront, with Diego Onesta tearing the left side of the pitch apart!

On the defensive side, Carlos Abela did really well, while still contributing to the attack. How this guy managed to get 32 assists as a centreback, I'll probably never figure out, but hey, I'm not complaining! icon_biggrin.gif

OVerall an amazing first season - I just hope the team is capable of competing in Blue Square Premier also, which brings me to a question: who would you recommend signing for next season? Position doesn't matter - I guess every part of the team could do with some reinforcement icon_smile.gif

Finally: this is so much fun. Thank you for putting this up, arsenal - and thanks to everyone else for contributing to the thread - awesome! icon_smile.gif

Fingers crossed that the links will work...

Argh! They didn't.

Well here they are then:

Match against Watford:

th_45755_watford_122_991lo.jpg

Defeat against Braintree:

th_45400_braintree_122_1016lo.jpg

7-4 win against Farnborough:

th_45565_farnborough_122_1171lo.jpg

5-0 against Hereford:

th_45569_hereford_122_153lo.jpg

4-5 defeat against Bournemouth:

th_45397_bournemouth_122_704lo.jpg

Final league table:

th_45566_final_league_122_765lo.jpg

Vs Kettering leg 1:

th_45663_kettering1_122_806lo.jpg

Vs Kettering leg 2:

th_45673_kettering2_122_72lo.jpg

F.A. Trophy win against Exeter:

th_45408_exeter_122_248lo.jpg

Left wing Onesta:

th_45744_onesta_122_224lo.jpg

The Amazing Preis:

th_45751_preis_122_350lo.jpg

32 assists centreback:

URL=http://img214.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45760_zakierski_122_110lo.jpg]th_45760_zakierski_122_110lo.jpg [/url]

Lionel Zoko:

th_45762_zoko_122_1134lo.jpg

Dutheil, the man:

th_45406_dutheil_122_12lo.jpg

Abela, my defensive midfielder:

th_45392_abela_122_984lo.jpg

Now, please work, stupid links!

Archived