FM2008 - The Offical Harpenden Town Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made over 1 million in the first season.

Disco, consider yourself lucky, I had to face Sunderland in the 3rd Round Proper... Think it was 7-1 loss?

I need a bigger wage budget, and some sort of transfer (even 5k would do... I have over £2m in the bank...), lost my star GK and the rest aren't up to standard... need a better defense too (I'm happy with my attack).

Into November now and going great. Only lost 2 and drew 2 in the league, into FA Cup 2nd round, but got knocked out of the Setanta Shield :( Jurak has been awesome with 17 goals in as many games, however he's injured for a month, with Percin out for 3 months. However Wojdala and Protasewicz have covered very nicely, scoring 15 goals between them.

BTW I've had to change my msn addy as I had a virus (same one as you James I think :@) so my addy is now nufcsean@live.com :)

Stu - they were, but they never acted upon it and I was much more over it than you are. I was about £1000 over, and I have since been about £5k over. They are quite forgiving, which I might have to change on 09 to make it more challenging.

Sean - Dont worry about the Setanta Shield, concentrate on the league. I would have been screwed on my game if I lost Jurak, until season 2 I only had him as a good striker!

Unfortunately, Prusak was stolen from me before he signed a contract :(

I need to get rid of some players and get some stronger ones in, I think.

My wages are at least 5k over the £70 limit, they are devastated (even though they are delighted with my bank balance).

I just managed (somehow) to hold Rochdale to a 2-2 draw at their place in the FA CuP! :D Hopefully we'll be able to get a win back at our place, and then get a Prem team in the 3rd round with some luck :)

EDIT: Just had the draw and got Leicester at home if I manage to beat Rochdale, should get a decent crowd if I do :)

Started the BSP today with my first match, away to Statford (Or something) and won 4-0. Debut of Sedziak and Skiba (just bought him courtesy of Arsenal's recommendation) as the strikers, Sedziak scoring and getting MoM.

Also, not sure how/why, but my wage budget suddenly rose to 17k p/w and I am only on 13k p/w! They even allowed me to lower the wage to get some transfer budget (12k) to buy Skiba.

This season looks promising.

I'm doing well in the BSP, I've played 8, won 7 and drawn 1, with a GD of +22. Looks like you might be owing me £5 James ;)

I can sign Wayne Drummond, but I'm not sure whether I have the facilities to make hima good player. Should I sign him or not?

If you dont then let him go:) Get him, good players are always good to have. I almost got Preston Edwards in season 2, but he chose League 2 Wycombe over me, even though I offered him about £1.4k, they are currently paying him £500. He was also interested in joining me!

Im going to stay up all night, i worked today do I'm not working tomorrow. I'll play al tommorrow too.

Played 3 games of season 7 lol, won all 3. 2nd.

Grrrr, I can't wait to be able to get players on proper contracts. I've lost my 2 first choice centre backs, my right back and 2 centre mids on frees in January :@

Had to get a midfielder on loan from FC United of Manchester ffs :|

Just look through Poland again, normally a players contract runs out every day!

Stu, it looks a cert that you'll get promotion before me, I'm going away tomorrow for 4 days, without FM:O You'll complete a season in that, yer?

manu legend - Good to have another player in the thread:) Good luck, ask whatever you need.

Yes! Just won the league with 7 game to go. Jurak has been amazing, scoring 33 goals in 31(4) appearances, and he's been injured for a total of 3 and a half months during the season :) Will finish up tonight and start new season tomorrow.

Finally got round to starting my game and after 11 games I'm top of the league after winning 11 and drawing 1. Took DiscoStu's advice and loaded up France and Poland and all the players I've signed eith the exception of one have been Polish. Will post a bigger update with screenies later.

I've done it! I've won the BSP on 92 points with 27 wins, 11 draws and 8 losses, only 4 points ahead of runners up Aldershot. I also won the Setanta Shield against Torquay in a 3-0 win. I was disappointing in the FA Cup, only reaching the 1st round proper and the 3rd round of the FA trophy. I have know released all but 4 of my players, Boubacar Balde, Marcin Garuch, Slawomir Kaminski and Abel Favry, mainly because those were the only ones I could get a profit for.

I'll have the £5 by Monday James ;)

It was luck, seriously. I played so badly that I deserved to lose a lot of the matches, and managed to creep away wit wins. My form towards the end of the season was awful, I really didn't deserve promotion. :(

I bought practically a whole new team for League Two, which is when it starts to get easy imo. I bought Santiago Villafane and Marvin Angulo, as well as a few players who could last to premiership. I don't have any time for FM atm, so this save will have to wait for a while.

Archived