FM2008 - The Offical Harpenden Town Thread

You're still amateur right? If so, you won't, I sold Chris Keeble for £2K, never got any money. How many assists has he given you? I would personally say no, but if he isn't peforming well, and you have good enough cover (or could buy someone better) then accept.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys haven't given up already have you's? Just finishing off first season now, sitting in 2nd position about 5 points off top. Managed to get a good tactic, it's a 4-1-3-2 with 1 MC with 1 AMR, 1 AML and 1 AMC. Got in Pablo Paz in January and he has been awesome, will post a end of season review tonight or in the morning. icon_biggrin.gif

Nah, of course not, I'm just taking a bit of a break from it, in season three and smashing all teams that approach me, sitting in second atm. I'm want to take a break from hard work and tweaking for a bit though, will come back to this next weekend. Will help you if you need it though.

Good good. I lost that Tarrassenko guy to bloody Wrexham, he was on fire with 12 in 5 and they offered £4k for him and the board accepted it icon_mad.gif So now I'm thinking of trying young Kusecki up front instead of AMC, only thing now is to get another AMC icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by NUFCSean:

Good good. I lost that Tarrassenko guy to bloody Wrexham, he was on fire with 12 in 5 and they offered £4k for him and the board accepted it icon_mad.gif So now I'm thinking of trying young Kusecki up front instead of AMC, only thing now is to get another AMC icon_rolleyes.gif

At least he's on your gameicon_frown.gif

Going back to The Harps now, after a little breakicon_smile.gif

Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

I won League 2 \o/!!!!!

I came back to win it after being second with 4 games to go! I've shut down the game, will return to it next week. Easily the best game I've played on this FM!

Well done, League 1 will be hard though!

How do you get through season's so quick? Im only Febuary 2008!!!

Played Harper yet?

Top of the league still, just beat Bath 2-0.

Jurak hasnt scored for 4, going to play Balde and Jackson next game I think.

Kosecki is immence, especially for what, 16?

Originally posted by NUFCSean:

I'm going to continue playing this tonight, any suggestions for a ST or an AMC? I'm really stumped 'cos everyone I found was crap icon_frown.gif

You got Balde?

If so, hes great! Takes a while to settle in, but does well.

Also Curtis Jackson.

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

Argghh, change your location icon_wink.gif

Sorry, I was trying to get a shortened URL into my location to get more <STRIKE>Harpenden Town players.</STRIKE>people playing as Harpenden Town.

Not quite as good anymore, but hopefully it'll help! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corrected.

how do de players gel after so many transfers

usually wen im in conference i search contract expired and approach to sign wer de ass man gives a reccomendation and if its good i get im and i always end up wit lots of sign at all costs

jus wonderin are u lookin at stats or dis or scouts

OK

how do the players gel after so many transfers usually when i am in the conference i search contract expired and approach to sign where the assistant manager gives a reccomendation and if it's good i get him and i always end up with lots of sign at all costs

just wondering if you are looking at the stats or the assistant manager or scouts

now is that ok NUFC Sean

Sorry ryan12 but it is a bit bad if nobody can read it icon_rolleyes.gif

And to your question all the players just seem to play together straight away. To be honest I don't think it matters so much in the lower leagues about gelling the squad as much as in higher leagues.

Originally posted by ryan12:

im trying to start a game but i just cant get it to work

its so annoying because im intrigued

Just follow the instructions on page 1 and it should work fine TBH.

Make sure you unzip the database or it wont work.

My season isnt going to plan.

Lost 2-0 to Torquay, then drew 2-2 with some other team!

Have also now got a touchline ban, stupid FA!

Good side though, signed Sedziak for free!icon_smile.gif

Im in this challenge in BSS still but am 2nd after roughly 13 games.

Every game my odds are 50-1 and theres are 1-33 and they always say they will destroy me, but i always go and win icon_biggrin.gif

Got Exeter in FA Cup 4TH Round Qualifying not an easy game.

This is a great challenge and I would recomend to any new players sign Rasmussen, 12 in 13 for me at RM, Kosecki, 11 in 10 for me ST, and the best two loanees, Rui Fonte from Arsenal, 7 in 5 for me and Michael Coulson from Barnsley, 9 in 6 for me icon_biggrin.gif

Seen DiscoStu around?

Guess who's back icon_cool.gif

Sorry, I've been busy with homework and lots of other stuff, haven't had time really. Will devote this weekend soley to FM now. In the season break leading up to league 1. Am selling lots of players that won't cut it, but I have quite a few targets that could make it in the premiership (Obama, Nicolas Mazzola, Eden Hazard). I have quite a bit of money in the bank, so I am expecting aruond £1.5M-2M, which is quite a lot.

Originally posted by ShaunCpfc:

Im in this challenge in BSS still but am 2nd after roughly 13 games.

Every game my odds are 50-1 and theres are 1-33 and they always say they will destroy me, but i always go and win icon_biggrin.gif

Got Exeter in FA Cup 4TH Round Qualifying not an easy game.

This is a great challenge and I would recomend to any new players sign Rasmussen, 12 in 13 for me at RM, Kosecki, 11 in 10 for me ST, and the best two loanees, Rui Fonte from Arsenal, 7 in 5 for me and Michael Coulson from Barnsley, 9 in 6 for me icon_biggrin.gif

Fonte didnt want to join me!

Even Watford's 17 y/o striker rejected me, and at worst a conference striker rejected me!!!

DiscoStu, can you reccommend any good players for BSP? Im not doing too well unfortunatly, in the relagation zone!

I think I started out in the relegation zone as well, but came back to get promoted in November/December, so don't panic just yet. If ou bought a lot of players it usually takes a while for all of them to gel together. I used the Hulk 4-4-2 (you know where it is icon_wink.gif).

Here are my transfers for the 1st season and the 2nd season.

This is very annoying, only 4 people playing this great game, then loads of people playing that London United game!

1. They copied meicon_wink.gif

2. There isnt even a proper club thread icon_eek.gif

3. I think he bought back retired players icon_confused.gif

Guess people are scared to try a lower league game, like I used to be!

I actually think that on 09 my first game will be a game with Harpenden Town edited in!

This game is a much more enjoyable game than a boring Man U where it is impossible not to win, no fun at all. This brings the true colours of football out, and shows the passion in the lower leagues. eg. 2-2 90 mins, you score in last minute to win and everyone including subs are on pitch celebrating, thats true passion.

And as you said i was lucky to get lots of loans. icon_biggrin.gif

If you do make one for '09, can you make another thread and post the db? Excellent game, this.

No prolem, but its a long way off yet!!

Can you link me to the page with hulks 4-4-2 please, as I have searched 10 pages from the end and cant find it!!!

This is extremely weird. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

As I said earlier on, "Got Exeter in FA Cup 4TH Round Qualifying not an easy game."

Just recieved a message saying "The match versus Exeter in the FA Cup 4TH Round Qualifying Round has been cancelled due to financial difficulties at Exeter Football Club. The re-arranged match will now be against Gateshead at The International Stadium."

Have any of you had this before, just curious.

Oh well, Exeter would probably have been harder so lets hope. lol

Originally posted by ShaunCpfc:

Cant put up a screenshot because it happened quite a while ago and was beyond the last 100 messages so i cant get to read it now. Sorry. And you may say im lying as no evidence but i swear i am not lying.

No, I dont think your'e lying...

Even if I did I wouldnt say anything - the HTFC thread is a friendly placeicon_wink.gif

Guess your just lucky!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No, I dont think your'e lying...

Even if I did I wouldnt say anything - the HTFC thread is a friendly place

Guess your just lucky!

Plus we need all the players we can get icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true!

In every thread that people ask who to play as I always reccommend The Harps...

Theres a thread like it on the first page and all 3 reccommendations are Harpenden!!!

Archived