The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really disappointed McManus didn't get a chance with us. He always looked lively and a decent wing threat when he came on during his massive 5 games for us. Something that we're sadly lacking atm. And I'd rather have him in my team than John Stewart.

Stuff like going to the wrong pick up point for the team bus before a quarter final tie with Celtic, never helped his cause though.

No doubt 4 of your goals started with a non given foul or a dodgy offside!

Hah, nah it wasn't that game, but there was another. Either 5-2, 5-1 or 4-1 where like 3 deffo weren't and 1 was dodgy.

Lehmann scored a peach for us and I remember Albertz scoring for you. Shaun Dennis gave away a penalty and that was the only fair enough goal you got.

CHEATS!! OFGTF and all that!!

Hibs are the only team that can techincally do the domestic treble icon_biggrin.gif

We've signed a new striker. Hopefully do a job while Killen is out and will be nothing like Konte *fingers crossed*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Thomas Sowunmi Signs

International striker Thomas Sowunmi has signed for Hibernian FC, the Club announced today.

Although he was born in Nigeria, Thomas (28) has dual nationality and has 10 caps for Hungary. The 6ft striker has signed on until the end of the Season. Previous clubs include FC Slovacko in the Czech Republic and Ferencvaros of Hungary.

Thomas said: “I am delighted to have signed for Hibernian, and I am really excited about joining a team that plays exciting football. I have a reasonable amount of experience, so hopefully that will help our young squad but I will also have things to learn about the game here. It is a challenge I am looking forward to.â€

Manager John Collins said: “Thomas is a striker who has played at international level and he brings more competition to the squad for places up front. He has been training with us for a few days now and we have been sufficiently impressed to offer him a contract.â€

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=2002_0_1_0_C

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

McManus scored one of the best goals I've seen at Ibrox a few years back...

Surprised you're interested in taking him back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To date it's the only opposition goal that's been scored at Ibrox that I've applauded. A wonderful strike.

Interesting financial news from Tynecastle in the papers - £28m in debt, £10m turnover and wage bill...it doesn't look good down Gorgie way...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lehmann scored a peach for us and I remember Albertz scoring for you. Shaun Dennis gave away a penalty and that was the only fair enough goal you got. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jorg icon_cool.gif probably one of his typical blockbusters icon14.gif

Hearts really are in trouble it seems, some Scottish guys wanting an Icelandic businessman (think it's the son of the West Ham egg if I remember) to help them buy Vlad out

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Dark days for Hearts indeed. That said though, I've lived through worse. Pre Mercer and The Pieman's dys were more worrying form the clubs's pov, but there's no getting away from the fact that 28 big uns ain't a laughing matter either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being £28m in debt isn't the end of the world - what's more concerning is the fact that ALL of your turnover is going towards paying a wage bill that's doubled in the past year.

Unless that's addressed, things are only going to get worse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Dark days for Hearts indeed. That said though, I've lived through worse. Pre Mercer and The Pieman's dys were more worrying form the clubs's pov, but there's no getting away from the fact that 28 big uns ain't a laughing matter either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My work colleague Mark McVie (season ticket holder) was in the EEN asking Hearts fans to boycott, says he will not return until VR has gone.

Hearts really need someone to make an offer VR can't refuse. icon_mad.gif

Huh?

I'll not be going to Celtic Park. Haven't been there since we drew 1-1 with Marc Libbra scoring on his debut. Don't like going to Ibrox or CP for fear that we'll win and it'll get a bit rowdy. Although I've not been since for like 6 years now so I'd prob feel safer.

And I'm utterly skintio icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

I'd just keep my scarf hidden when outside the ground. Not much happens because we usually get gubbed but you don't want to give them a reason really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS steve - Kelly Ripper! /scrubs

What do Hibs and Celtic colours have in common?

Disappointed icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=2014_0_1_0_C

Sign me up!

Is there any market we won't try to exploit icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even we haven't tried that one yet! icon_biggrin.gif

"Peter, Peter, hey Peter, I've got this great idea!"

Jambo, read this icon_biggrin.gif

They're no even hiding their hatred for us anymore. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats absolute p1sh! Dougie McDonald is a hibs fan for fecks sake. He's just incompetent rather than biased!

Call me a drama queen, but it's getting boring now and for the first time in over 15 years I'm seriously considering not renewing my season ticket. Heart of Midlothian ma arse! It's no longer the club I grew up supporting.

Until things get sorted out I'll go and watch Teh Arnie Rangers. Junior fitba \o/

I'm sure it has been increased to fund the redevelopment of Tynecastle. It won't happen though, as Romanov will be in for a shock when season tickets sales plumpet next season.

Whether the Vladsheep care to admit it or not, Romanov has lost a huge whack of the fans so it will inevitably hit him where it hurts - season tickets sales.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

ER, go and watch an SFL side instead - the banter is way better than Junior leagues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a bit like asking me to have sex with my sister, just ain't gonna happen, mate. Couldn't support another Scottish league club.

Archived