League Importance?

I have to say I would like to have the dynamic league reputation...

...however, not until SI finally get straight the management of AI team and transfers. By this I mean there has been a lot of teams that stick with their players way over their prime and the transfers have a lot of weird transfers (things stated by some of you and other users). If dynamic League reputation is included in the game without sorting these two before, it will appear quite frequent weird situation like Cyprus example. That would make more rant threads from users and we have this endless cycle of tweaking here, tweaking there, including the dynamic league reputation and thus more work for SI.

I manage in australia and i have won the club world cup and then the next season my team (who beat Olympic Marselle) was raided by 2 tier spanish clubs ( liga adelante or what evr it is called) and my young players being nabed by CCC sides. I would like to see a dynamic league rep so that I can build an empire (MWAHAHAHAHA) in somewhere other than england, spain, or Italy

I agree, that is one of the reason's I haven't played by Rapids save (MLS) in a while.

I don't want to find that 20 season's into the game Cyprus has the top league in the World. Its a daft idea suggested and backed by amateurs who think of FM as an arcade game rather than a simulation. Perhaps a max and min rep per country would be better?

Numb nuts..why would you care if Cyprus becomes the top league in the world?? It wouldn't happen in your save would it?....But it could in my saved game if I want to play as Cyprus(actually I don't give a crap about Cyprus) and the programming allowed it. I thought one of the games main strenghts was to be "all things to all players" (or as close as possible)...so to speak. So if I want to take some small club in Cyprus (and the Cyprus league along with it) to the top of the world...how's that affect you??

Have any of you ever read Why England Lose? Syzmanski and Kuper show all sorts of relationships between finance and football, and such. I think some of the conclusions they draw show that the Cypriot league will never be the best in the world, though it could grow a bit.

Also, loads of people call for dynamic league reputation. Tell me, how many of you know what league reputation does? And how many of you who know what it does, have read NepentheZ's exploits with Knockbreda?

NepentheZ turned Knockbreda into one of the greatest sides in the world, CL candidates, etc. His exploits improved the quality of the Northern Irish league. His side have a worldwide reputation, despite playing in the lowest reputation league in the continent. What does league reputation do? It's only proven, observed, or mentioned effect is to cap the reputation of teams within that league. If a team in a league with a very low rep, can become one of the best teams in the world on reputation, trophies and quality of players, then I really don't see what the problem can be.

If you still don't like the current system, simply set every league's reputation to 20. Hey presto, no limits, and it shouldn't make teams more attractive.

Also, I love the fact that a 50+ post thread has been dedicated to debating an issue that isn't the one the OP asked about. Importance and reputation are separate :D

I'm fairly sure importance can't change, it is used to determine levels of regen intake and grey player quality when the league is inactive AFAICT.

Have any of you ever read Why England Lose? Syzmanski and Kuper show all sorts of relationships between finance and football, and such. I think some of the conclusions they draw show that the Cypriot league will never be the best in the world, though it could grow a bit.

Also, loads of people call for dynamic league reputation. Tell me, how many of you know what league reputation does? And how many of you who know what it does, have read NepentheZ's exploits with Knockbreda?

NepentheZ turned Knockbreda into one of the greatest sides in the world, CL candidates, etc. His exploits improved the quality of the Northern Irish league. His side have a worldwide reputation, despite playing in the lowest reputation league in the continent. What does league reputation do? It's only proven, observed, or mentioned effect is to cap the reputation of teams within that league. If a team in a league with a very low rep, can become one of the best teams in the world on reputation, trophies and quality of players, then I really don't see what the problem can be.

If you still don't like the current system, simply set every league's reputation to 20. Hey presto, no limits, and it shouldn't make teams more attractive.

Also, I love the fact that a 50+ post thread has been dedicated to debating an issue that isn't the one the OP asked about. Importance and reputation are separate :D

I'm fairly sure importance can't change, it is used to determine levels of regen intake and grey player quality when the league is inactive AFAICT.

Actually a team in a "lower" league can't become one of the best in the world reputation wise because if that team is not from England, Italy or Spain...their repuation resets after each season.

Didn't you just contradict yourself or am I missing something?

NepentheZ turned Knockbreda into one of the greatest sides in the world, CL candidates, etc. His exploits improved the quality of the Northern Irish league. His side have a worldwide reputation, despite playing in the lowest reputation league in the continent. What does league reputation do?

:confused:

His side has National rep and his players arent worth jack. (1 mil the best player tops?)

I have read the book by Szymanski and Kuper, only it has a different title in the U.S. Anyway, their conclusion was that a national team's chances of winning was in part based on home-field advantage, the country's international game experience, the size of the talent pool and that country's GDP. Their argument was NOT for domestic leagues. However, where it was valuable (and pertinent to this topic in FM) is in their analysis of the French club side Lyon and how they built themselves and Ligue 1 up. It's chapter 3 in the book and it shows that building up a club can improve the whole league. :thup:

Another Thread that has resulted in argumentative sarcasm just because of one person :thdn:

If my message came across as sarcastic, then I apologize. I wanted to state that I had read the book but I disagreed with the conclusion he was using from the book. I tried to support my rebuttal with evidence. Finally, I think this is a great thread about a hot topic and I enjoy the dialogue people are engaging in.

What does League Importance actually determine? I ask because on my game the ratings seem all over the place - Belgium(my league) is 17, Italy is 23,Denmark is 20,France 9,Spain 24,England 5 (?). So the Danish league is more important the the French, and the EPL is lower than the Polish league(8)?? I don't get it....:confused:

Also, loads of people call for dynamic league reputation. Tell me, how many of you know what league reputation does?

It influences the quality of players teams can recruit, maximum club reputation player's prices, perhaps also maximum CA players can acquire.From my experience, even 1 point can make massive difference.

If my message came across as sarcastic, then I apologize. I wanted to state that I had read the book but I disagreed with the conclusion he was using from the book. I tried to support my rebuttal with evidence. Finally, I think this is a great thread about a hot topic and I enjoy the dialogue people are engaging in.

Nah I apologise, it was not directed towards you. Agree that it is a hot topic and a valid one. However, dialogue does not have to be provocative, and comments from Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover like that are pointless and completely stupid. The OP's point should have been discussed, not assassinated.

Nah I apologise, it was not directed towards you. Agree that it is a hot topic and a valid one. However, dialogue does not have to be provocative, and comments from Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover like that are pointless and completely stupid. The OP's point should have been discussed, not assassinated

I noticed there are quite a lot of people like that on this forum tbh :(

Actually a team in a "lower" league can't become one of the best in the world reputation wise because if that team is not from England, Italy or Spain...their repuation resets after each season.

That is another idiotic thing, I won CL 4 times in a row, but my teams reputation is only "national" because its not from big leagues(Italy,Spain,England,French).

It makes no sense whatsoever, why would my players want to "move to a bigger club in order to win trophys" when they are already doing it with my team?

This should be fixed for next FM, so that after you spend 20 or 30 years in the top of european football your team reputation grows to (at least) "continental".

Archived