[FM10] Manage a football team? Are you Knutsford?!

psychonaut

It has took me 4hrs to read all this and i have to say that you have done amazing job in your career as a football manager. But in your save game can you tell me how Harrogate town are doing and where abouts they are in your game. :)

When you do retire from the game, and start again which clubs are you going to do next?

Season 2039/40 has just finished, and Harrogate Town were 17th in Blue Square Premier. They've bounced around the Northern Premier and Blue Square North for a few seasons, but have been in the BSP for 3 seasons now.

When I retire, I'll probably move on to FM11, and start again at a lower league club. I'll pick one at random and see how I go.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2039-2040 === LEEDS UNITED === ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

SEASON SUMMARY

League

What an improvement! Possibly due to the fact that there were big changes to the team during the break. We started well, drawing 2-2 with Chelsea. After a disappointing defeat at the hands of Ipswich Town, the team started to pull together a bit more, and began putting in blistering performances on the field. Real credit to the squad for keeping it up, and we never dropped below 9th place. Most of the season was spent occupying a slot in the top 5, and we held the top spot on a couple of occasions. But the title wasn't to be, a strong surge by Manchester United, Reading, and Arsenal put paid to that.

On the final day of the season, we were 1 point ahead of Manchester City and needed a win away at Stoke to secure 4th place and what we thought was a Champions League place. We got our win, and we were looking forward to our place at Europes top table. Sadly, Spurs broke our hearts, they won the Champions League and that meant that only the top 3 teams would qualify. Still, we've got the Europa League to look forward to. Leeds United are back in Europe!

Manchester United bag their first Premier Division title since 2010.

tablea.png

Season's Results

Cups

FA Cup

Beat Ipswich and Portsmouth, before losing 2-1 to Spurs in the 5th Round.

League Cup

Dreadful. Beat Crystal Palace 3-0, and then embarrassed by Championship side Portsmouth in the 3rd Round - losing 2-1.

SQUAD

Has a nice big transfer budget at my disposal this season, and I made best use of it as I could. Got rid of a lot of deadwood, and during the course of the season it became obvious that some of my existing squad just weren't cut out for the Premier Division. One defender was lucky to score a 6.0 rating every time he played.

Spent £28M in total and brought in a mix of experience and youth, but language problems sometimes got in the way. However, when it came to the language of football, the lads did what was required of them, and I have no real complaints. Far better than last year, and our final league position showed that.

Best Players

Darren Hawksworth

Talented striker. Finished the season as our top scorer with 18 goals. Joined Leeds in 2036 when the club was still in the Championship. Proving his worth and talent Premier Division level.

Dimitar Bozhanov

A classy Bulgarian FC, signed from Lokomotiv Sofia for £900K at the start of the season, but now worth £5.75M. Only 19, but certainly a star for the future. His performances this season have attracted the attention of many top flight clubs, both in England and abroad. May have a fight to keep hold of him in a couple of years time. Voted Fans Player of the Year, Players Young Player of the Year, and Premier Division Signing of the Season.

Will be strengthening the squad further in time for the new season, but I feel inclined to scout more home grown talent - and there seems to be an abundance of it at the moment. Talking of youth players, I'm quite impressed by some of the talent coming up through our own academy.

All Transfer Activity

Stadium News

Stadium expansion was completed in October 2039, with capacity being increased to 46992. At the end of the season, the board announced that there will be a further expansion of 8008 seats this year, taking capacity to 55000 all-seater.

New Club Records

Highest Gate Receipts: £1.2M vs Ipswich (FA Cup 3rd Round).

2039-40 Ups & Downs

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Winners: Manchester United.

Champs Lg Q: Tottenham Hotspur (as holders), Arsenal(2nd), Reading(3rd).

Europa Lg Q: LEEDS UNITED(4th), Manchester City(5th), Stoke City (League Cup winners).

Relegated: Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Sheffield United.

NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP

Winners: Hull City.

Promoted: Cardiff City, Oxford United.

Europa Lg Q: Queens Park Rangers (FA Cup winners).

Relegated: Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Doncaster Rovers.

NPOWER LEAGUE 1

Winners: Huddersfield Town.

Promoted: Notts County, Norwich City.

Relegated: Ashton United, Luton Town, Peterborough United, Walsall.

NPOWER LEAGUE 2

Winners: Chesterfield.

Promoted: Blackpool, Shepshed Dynamo, Charlton Athletic.

Relegated: Bournemouth, Brentford.

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER

Winners: Bracknell Town (*119 points - new record).

Promoted: Old Xaverians.

Relegated: Dartford, Rushden & Diamonds, Fleetwood Town, Slough Town.

BLUE SQUARE NORTH

Winners: Whittlesey United.

Promoted: Manchester Gregorians.

Relegated: Nuneaton Town, Morecambe, Woodley Sports.

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

Winners: Pewsey Vale.

Promoted: AFC Wimbledon.

Relegated: Kidderminster Harriers, Bristol Rovers, Westwood United.

ISTHMIAN PREMIER

Winners: St. Margaretsbury (now in the hands of a Maltese tycoon).

Promoted: Tongham.

Relegated: Leverstock Green, Thurrock, Grays Athletic, Kingsbury London Tigers.

SOUTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Penn & Tylers Green.

Promoted: Backwell United.

Relegated: Holwell Sports, Arnesbury, Ivybridge, Tavistock.

NORTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Skelmersdale.

Promoted: Newcastle Benfield.

Relegated: Northwich Victoria, Matlock Town, Chorley, Borrowash Victoria.

ISTHMIAN D1N

Winners: St Albans City.

Promoted: Takeley.

Relegated: Enfield Town, Sawbridgenorth.

ISTHMIAN D1S

Winners: Sporting Bengal.

Promoted: Oakwood.

Relegated: Kennington, Greenways.

NORTHERN D1N

Winners: Sherburn White Rose.

Promoted: Kendal Town.

Relegated: Bradford Park Avenue, Runcorn Linnets.

NORTHERN D1S

Winners: AFC Liverpool.

Promoted: Hyde United.

Relegated: Arnold, Shifnal.

SOUTHERN D1M

Winners: Halesowen.

Promoted: Lemsford.

Relegated: Barwell, Mursley United.

SOUTHERN D1SW

Winners: Petersfield.

Promoted: AFC Portchester.

Relegated: Eastleigh, Gloucester City.

===CUPS===

FA Cup: Queens Park Rangers e2-1 Liverpool.

League Cup: Manchester United 0-1 Stoke City.

JPT: Preston North End 1-2e Bristol City.

FA Trophy: Old Xaverians e1-0 AFC Telford United.

==Other Leagues==

Scotland

Winners: Celtic(x2).

Relegated: Airdrie United.

France

Winners: SC Bastia.

Relegated: OGC Nice, US Creteil-Lusitanos, AS Cannes.

Spain

Winners: Real Madrid(x2).

Relegated: Osasuna, Las Palmas, Elche.

Italy

Winners: FC Internazionale(x2).

Relegated: Grosseto, Chievo, Piacenza.

===Champions League===

FC Internazionale 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur.

@ Stade Velodrome, Marseille.

Att: 70000.

===Europa League===

Juventus 0-1 Barcelona.

@ Stade de Gerland, Lyon.

Att: 41044.

2039-40 ====INTERNATIONAL CAREER====

Spain

So, we qualified easily for the European Championships in Sweden. But we didn't fare so well when we got there. I had hoped to win the thing, and have a taste of the Confederations Cup, but it wasn't to be. After sailing through the group stage, we bumped into England in the Quarter Final and had a bad day at the office...

EURO 2040

Hosts: Sweden.

Holders: England.

Group Stage

We were drawn in Group A along with Turkey, Bulgaria, and Greece. Beat Greece 2-1, Turkey 3-1, but had an embarrassing 1-1 draw with Bulgaria. Still, we qualified as top team in our group.

Group Stage Exits: Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, France, Slovakia.

Quarter Final

Where we fell apart...

Spain 0-3 England.

Bulgaria e3-2 Ireland.

Italy 2-1 Holland.

Germany 0-3 Russia.

Semi Final

England p1-1 Russia.

Bulgaria 0-1 Italy.

FINAL

England 2-0 Italy

@Swedbank Arena, Stockholm.

Att: 50000.

As the competition comes to a close, I decide that I'm getting too old to jet around after a national team, and resign as manager of Spain.

Can you tell me how you add the extra leauges in your game, because i have seen soon team on there that i like the look of, but i would not know who to add them into my game.

Check out RTCs thread on Editors Hideaway. I'm not sure if there's a file ready for FM11 which will allow you to add English leagues to tier 11, I know they are working on it though.

• 2 weeks later...

2040-2041 ===LEEDS UNITED=== ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

SEASON SUMMARY

League

A reasonable season, but with a slow start. Silly draws and losses hampered progress in the league, and it wasn't until 8 weeks in that we started to turn things around. It wasn't pleasant to be stuck in the bottom half of the table for so long. A team meeting made some difference, and up we went. Not as good as last year. Other teams in the division seem to have got stronger during the summer, Newcastle and Reading in particular. In spite of good wins against tougher opposition, we let ourselves down against some of the weaker teams; a 4-0 humiliation at the hands of Wigan being most noteable.

As the season drew near to completion, we were hanging on to a Europa League slot by a meagre 3 points. Chelsea were gunning for us, and it went right down to the last game of the season to secure our continental involvement in the next season. Fortunately we grabbed a last gasp draw against Hull City and pipped the Blues to 7th place. 3 places down from last year, but we got the European spot The Board had asked for.

Arsenal lifted the Premiership title for the first time since 2019/20 season.

tabl.png

Season's Results.

Season Progress.

Cups

FA Cup

Got as far as the Semi Final, where Reading beat us 2-0.

League Cup

Lost 2-0 to Tottenham Hotspur in the Final.

Europa League

Leeds' first foray into Europe in yonks was quite eventful. It began with a 6-1 agg win vs Bohemians in the 4th Qual Rnd. We progressed to the group stage, and were drawn in Group B with Braga, Hertha Berlin, and FC Moscow. We breezed through with 6 wins out of 6. The 1st KO round handed us a "Battle of Britain" tie with Kilmarnock. After a disappointing 0-0 away, we thrashed them 4-1 at Elland Road. 2nd KO round we disposed of Anderlecht 6-1 on agg.

Deportivo in the QF were a challenge, but we scraped a 2-1 agg win. However, there was no getting past Atalanta in the Semis, and we went down 3-1 on agg.

SQUAD

Quite a few players left the club this season, but they were deadwood mainly. I did a fair old bit of spending again, mainly bringing in young players to replace our aging squad. All areas of the team were strengthened, although my purchases weren't always met with the blessings of the fans.

Best Players

Kevin Vaessen

21 yo Dutch defender. Signed from AZ last season. Always solid at the back, and bagged 10 goals. Finished as our top rated player this season, with a 7.54 AvgR.

Darren Hawksworth

The 29 yo striker had a blistering season this year, bagging 24 goals, and ending up as our top scorer. Probably reaching his peak, so expect a few fireworks next year.

Dimitar Bozhanov

20 yo Bulgarian AM/FC. Had a fine season. Keeps getting better, but I was worried about the number of injuries he picked up this season. Just hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Liam Baynes

21 yo English midfielder. Signed from Plymouth last season. Performed reasonably well this season, and had a tendency to boss the midfield when he played. Dipped in form towards the end of the season, but hopefully that won't carry on into the new campaign.

During the squad break I'll be looking to further improve the team. Our keepers are both reaching the end of their careers, and I've a feeling one or two others will be off to "bigger clubs".

All Transfer Activity.

STADIUM NEWS

At the end of the season, The Board announced that the club's training facilities are to be upgraded.

NEW CLUB RECORDS

Average Attendance: 48395.

Highest Gate Receipts: £1.8M v Chelsea (FA Cup QF).

Most Assists: Liam Baynes - 22.

Total Transfer Spending: £34M.

Total Transfer Income: £14.5M.

2040-41 Ups & Downs

PREMIER DIVISION

Winners: Arsenal.

Champs Lg Q: Manchester City(2nd), Tottenham Hotspur(3rd), Wolverhampton Wanderers(4th).

Europa Lg Q: Reading (FA Cup winners), Manchester United(6th), LEEDS UNITED (7th).

Relegated: Hull City, Oxford United, Cardiff City.

NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP

Winners: Middlesbrough.

Promoted: Sunderland, Portsmouth.

Relegated: Plymouth Argyle, Q.P.R., South Sefton Borough.

NPOWER LEAGUE 1

Winners: Boston United.

Promoted: Rotherham United, Nottingham Forest.

Relegated: Mansfield Town, Crewe Alexandra, Swansea City, Bath City.

NPOWER LEAGUE 2

Winners: Peterborough United.

Promoted: Bracknell Town, Ransomes Sports, Blackburn Rovers.

Relegated: Darlington, Ashton United.

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER

Winners: Phoenix Sports.

Promoted: Kirkley & Pakefield.

Relegated: Yeovil Town, Kettering, Salisbury City, Eastwood Town.

BLUE SQUARE NORTH

Winners: Stafford Rangers.

Promoted: Cambridge City.

Relegated: Warley Development, Newcastle Benfield, Harrogate Railway.

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

Winners: Faces.

Promoted: St. Margaretsbury.

Relegated: Leyton, Barnet, Chichester City.

ISTHMIAN PREMIER

Winners: Bromley.

Promoted: Eastbourne Boro.

Relegated: Concord Rangers, Kingstonian, St Albans City, Snaresbrook.

SOUTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Cirencester.

Promoted: Kidderminster Harriers.

Relegated: Pershore, AFC Portchester, Halesowen, Wellington Rec.

NORTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Farsley Celtic.

Promoted: Morecambe.

Relegated: Hyde United, Sandbach United, AFC Liverpool, Whickham.

ISTHMIAN D1N

Winners: Epping.

Promoted: Lowestoft Town.

Relegated: Barkingside, Canning Town.

ISTHMIAN D1S

Winners: Kingsbury London Tigers.

Promoted: Crockenhill.

Relegated: Hollands & Blair, Hythe.

NORTHERN D1N

Winners: Workington Reds.

Promoted: Chalvey (WMC) Sports.

Relegated: Peacehaven, Annfield Plain.

NORTHERN D1S

Winners: Greenwood Meadows.

Promoted: Lincoln United.

Relegated: Tranmere Rovers :eek:, Spalding.

SOUTHERN D1M

Winners: Walsall Wood.

Promoted: Burton Park.

Relegated: Harpole, Atherstone Town.

SOUTHERN D1SW

Winners: Amesbury Town.

Promoted: Totnes & Dartington Sports.

Relegated: Dartmouth AFC, Maidenhead United.

===CUPS===

FA Cup: Arsenal 0-1 Reading.

League Cup: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 LEEDS UNITED.

JPT: Crewe Alexandra 0-5 Ebbsfleet United.

FA Trophy: Northampton Town 3-0 Stafford Rangers.

===Other Leagues===

Scotland

Winners: Celtic (x3).

Relegated: Inverness CT.

France

Winners: Olympique Lyonnais.

Relegated: ROS Menton, Le Mans US 72, Sannois SG.

Spain

Winners: Real Madrid (x3).

Relegated: Alaves, Xerez, Levante.

Italy

Winners: Napoli.

Relegated: Bologna, Torino, Sampdoria.

===Champions League===

At. Madrid 0-1 FC Internazionale

@ Emirates Stadium, London.

Att: 60361.

===Europa League===

Besiktas 1-2 Atalanta

@ Turk Telecom Arena, Istanbul.

Att: 55158.

South Sefton going back down. :(

Tranmere have done rubbish in my/Aaron's FM10 save too.

South Sefton are in all sorts of bother. They're starting the new season with a 10 points deduction.

I think Tranmere are destined for tier 11. Might be a good challenge if any of my offspring enter the realms of FM10...Mind you, think I'll be switching to FM11 soon.

2041-2042 === LEEDS UNITED === ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

SEASON SUMMARY

League

The start to our league campaign was slow this year, mainly due to cup games. We had the chance to easily take pole position, but chance after chance was squandered. It was a frustrating season up until about February, when our form picked up and we were turning draws against lesser opposition into wins. I would have settled for just a Europa League spot, but the team went that extra mile. As the season drew to a close, our fate was in our own hands. We'd done enough to earn a Champions League spot, but how high could we finish in the league? We needed wins against Derby and Chelsea in the last fortnight of the season, and we would finish in 2nd. There was no catching Arsenal though. They retained the title. We took 2nd, and booked our first trip to the Champions League since 2001.

Away form picked up this year, although we do need to concentrate more and not let in so many late goals.

tabler.png

Seasons Results.

Cups

FA Cup

Our FA Cup campaign went into meltdown after a sending off at St Marys....

3rd Round: Fulham 1-3 Leeds.

4th Round: Southampton 6-1 Leeds.

League Cup

Almost as disastrous as the FA Cup...

3rd Round: Fulham 1-5 Leeds.

4th Round: Reading 5-0 Leeds.

Europa League

Almost as good as last year. Went a bit like this:

3rd Qual Rnd: vs OFK Petrovac (MNE). Won 10-1 on agg.

4th Qual Rnd: vs SV Hamburg. Won 9-4 on agg.

Group A

Atalanta (H: 3-0; A: 1-1).

Rangers (H: 4-1; A: 0-0).

Rapid Vienna (H: 4-0; A: 2-3).

So we qualified top of the group on 11 points, with Rapid Vienna 2nd.

1st KO Round: vs Ajax (H: 2-0; A: 2-0).

2nd KO Round: vs Olympique Lyonnais (H: 4-0; A: 1-1).

Quarter Final: vs Manchester United (H: 2-2; A: 2-3).

The swines scored in the last minute of stoppage time to stop the tie going to ET. They got stuffed by Genoa in the semis though.

SQUAD

A few changes in the squad this year. Had a large transfer budget, and splashed out £32M on 5 new players. Again, I went for a mix of youth and experience, although my changes almost backfired. I really must start focussing on English speaking players, all too often there are language barriers which cause problems on the field. However, the language of football won the day - most of the time - and certainly seemed to this season.

One player I was glad to see the back of was Jake Tapp, a young defender who was notoriously bad. I don't think I ever saw him rate above 6.4, and most of the time he was stuck aroung 5.6. Sold him to Wolves, who probably think we saw them coming.

Best Players

Dimitar Bozhanov

Cracking season from the Bulgarian forward. Knocked in 26 goals to claim the Top Goalscorer title, and also was our best rated player with 7.61 avg. Voted Fans Player of the Year. Expecting good things as he matures.

Kevin Vaessen

Kevin just keeps getting better. 16 goals this season, and a lot of crucial tackles made in defence. Not faultless, but he's still learning.

Marino Alberti

Signed him from Udinese last season for £5M. Got a real display of his talents this season. A solid defender, who isn't afraid to come forward from time to time. Bagged a goal with the best banana shot I've seen in FM.

All Transfer Activity

NEW CLUB RECORDS

Highest Gate Receipts: £1.9M (vs Atalanta, Europa Lg Grp A).

Average Attendance: 48949.

2041-42 Ups & Downs

PREMIER DIVISION

Winners: Arsenal (x2).

Champs Lg Q: LEEDS UNITED (2nd), Manchester United (3rd), Stoke City (4th).

Europa Lg Q: Liverpool (FA Cup Winners), Tottenham Hotspur (5th), Manchester City (6th).

Relegated: Wolverhampton Wanderers, Ipswich Town, Derby County.

NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP

Winners: Southend United.

Promoted: West Ham United, Millwall.

Relegated: Notts County, Norwich City, Boston United.

NPOWER LEAGUE 1

Winners: Bracknell Town.

Promoted: Doncaster Rovers, Grimsby Town.

Relegated: Gateshead, Stockport County, Blackburn Rovers, Preston North End.

NPOWER LEAGUE 2

Winners: Crewe Alexandra.

Promoted: Rochdale, Swansea City, Colchester United.

Relegated: Bath City, Port Vale.

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER

Winners: St. Margaretsbury.

Promoted: Aldershot Town.

Relegated: Hartlepool United, Hinckley United, Harrogate Town, Pewsey.

BLUE SQUARE NORTH

Winners: Skelmersdale.

Promoted: York City.

Relegated: Bury, Corby, Salford City.

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

Winners: Cambridge United.

Promoted: Salisbury City.

Relegated: Tiverton Town, Westfields, Hendon.

ISTHMIAN PREMIER

Winners: Lowestoft Town.

Promoted: Epping.

Relegated: Sporting Bengal, Kingsbury London Tigers, Redhill, Crockenhill.

SOUTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Cogenhoe.

Promoted: Nuneaton Town.

Relegated: Petersfield, Chichester City, Walsall Wood, Chalvey (WMC) Sports.

NORTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Greenwood Meadows.

Promoted: Newcastle Benfield.

Relegated: Workington Reds, Lincoln United, Ilkeston Town, Daisy Hill.

ISTHMIAN D1N

Winners: Deportivo Galicia.

Promoted: Hemel Hempstead Town.

Relegated: Norwich United, Enfield Town.

ISTHMIAN D1S

Winners: Broadbridge Heath.

Promoted: Bognor Regis Town.

Relegated: Staines Town, North Greenford United.

NORTHERN D1N

Winners: Gillford Park.

Promoted: Garforth.

Relegated: Padiham, Ossett Town.

NORTHERN D1S

Winners: Hyde United.

Promoted: Holwell Sports.

Relegated: Nantwich Town, Vauxhall Motors.

SOUTHERN D1M

Winners: Halesowen Town.

Promoted: Pershore.

Relegated: Woking, Windsor & Eton.

SOUTHERN D1SW

Winners: Clyst Rovers.

Promoted: Tavistock Town.

Relegated: Welton Rovers, Plymouth Parkway.

===CUPS===

FA Cup: Stoke City 0-2 Liverpool.

League Cup: Arsenal 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur (retained).

JPT: Sheffield Wednesday p2-2 Bracknell Town.

FA Trophy: Rushden & Diamonds e2-1 Macclesfield Town.

===Other Leagues===

Scotland

Winners: Celtic (x4).

Relegated: Airdrie Utd.

France

Winners: Rodez Aveyron Football.

Relegated: Havre AC, La Berrichonne, Stade Rennais FC.

Spain

Winners: Athletic Club.

Relegated: Las Palmas, Osasuna, Elche.

Italy

Winners: FC Internazionale.

Relegated: Grosseto, Verona, Bari.

===Champions League===

Bayern Munich 1-2 Athletic Club.

@ Stadio de Madrid, Madrid.

Att: 73000.

===Europa League===

Real Madrid p0-0 Genoa (Madrid win 3-0 on penalties).

@ City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester.

Att: 47405.

WORLD CUP 2042

Hosts: South Africa.

Holders: Spain.

Group Stage Exits

Grp A - Ghana, Slovenia.

Grp B - Nigeria, Poland.

Grp C - Cameroon, USA.

Grp D - Ivory Coast, Saudi Arabia.

Grp E - Serbia, Egypt.

Grp F - Brazil :eek:, South Korea.

Grp G - Holland, South Africa.

Grp H - Mexico, Japan.

Second Round

Russia p1-1 Uruguay.

Chile 1-2 Spain.

England 3-1 Denmark.

Italy 1-2 Austria.

China 3-1 Honduras.

France 2-0 Portugal.

Australia 1-0 Germany.

Ecuador 0-0p Argentina.

Quarter Final

Russia 1-1p Austria.

Spain 2-0 England.

China 0-3 Argentina.

France 0-1 Australia.

Semi Final

Austria 0-0p Australia.

Spain p0-0 Argentina.

Third Place Playoff

Argentina 2-0 Austria.

FINAL

Australia 0-1 Spain

@ Soccer City, Johannesburg.

Att: 87600.

So Spain retain their hold on the World Cup. A few shockers along the way though.

Don't worry, biggest shock in one of my demo saves was Brazil going out in groups to Romania and Saudi Arabia!!!

Flamers

They were in with France, Honduras, and South Korea in my save. They drew 0-0 with France, 1-1 with South Korea, and 2-2 with Honduras. They got worse as they got better.

2042-2043 === LEEDS UNITED === ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

SEASON SUMMARY

League

Well, after the high-flying achievements of last season, I had hoped that we'd be going one better, and winning our first Premier Division title in 50 years, but it was either lack of effort or too many new faces which brought home the harsher realities of life as a football manager. We had an abysmal start to the season - after 10 games we had won 2, drawn 6, and lost 2. Sitting in the bottom half of the table, the team started moaning about underachievement, and my board confidence rating had dropped to 47%. Drastic action was required, so I called a team meeting - the report back was that it had been a waste of time. However, in our next match we thumped Millwall 6-0, and I hoped we'd get back on track.

The second half of the season went slightly better than the first, at least we managed to get into the top half of the division, but the board wanted us to qualify for Europe again this season. Form seemed to desert us when we needed it most, and we threw away points like confetti at a wedding. Going into our last league game, I was confident that we could get at least a draw at Liverpool, and snatch 7th place from Aston Villa. But I hadn't noticed Wigan sitting below us, and with a game in hand.

So 8th placed we finished. A disappointing season, although I think we're going to be in Europe anyway...All shall be revealed.

fintab.png

Season's Results

Cups

FA Cup

Less said the better. Knocked out by Championship side Bolton in the 3rd round. 1-0.

League Cup

Less said the better too. Aston Villa knocked us out in the 3rd round. 4-2 on penalties, after a 2-2 draw.

European Champions League

Having finished 2nd last year, we went straight into the group stage. Drawn in Group D with Olympiakos, Barcelona, and Dinamo Bucharest, I had hoped upon progression to the KO stage...We did, but not to the KO stage I had in mind.

ecc.png

So, utter carpness. Losing to Barcelona I can take, but drawing with Dinamo, and losing away to Olympiakos was unacceptable. We made up for the Greek tragedy by hammering them, but our late points drive was in vain, and we were out. However, finishing 3rd meant we had the Europa League to look forward to.

Europa League

The lads really pulled this one out of the bag. At times, they played the best football I've seen them play all season. Scraping past Braga in the 1st KO round sent us on our way...

eurol.png

Never say die. I had my doubts when we lost the first QF leg to Man City, and feared high-flying Spurs in the Final - but we nailed them both. Glory ours, and Leeds United's first European Cup/Europa League win since 1971 (Crikey, 3 years before I was born!). \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/

THE SQUAD

With all the prize money from last season, I had a whopping great transfer budget at my disposal. I'd vowed last season to stick to more home grown talent, but with so little around I had to rely on my scouts in Europe and South America to find me some new players. In the end I spent £59M on signings - I think the Chairman started to hide the chequebook whenever I walked into his office.

Maybe I'm taking the wrong approach, but all but one of this year's signings were under 23. Very impressed with some, not so with others - I mean, what is the point of having a striker who scores 2 goals in 24 games? Papa Kanté - appropriate surname. Kanté-ven score in an empty goal. In January he grumbled about not getting a first team place, I said he'd to apply himself in training, and he threw a hissy fit. So I threw him on the transfer list, and didn't re-register him for any competitions for the rest of the season.

There was a bit of unrest and moaning within the squad this season, mainly due to poor form. But who's fault was that? I gave a couple of them a kick up the backside once or twice, and things seemed to improve. Despite our bad league form, ther were one or two outstanding players on the team.

Top Players

Antônio Carlos

Signed from Flamengo for £10.75M. Voted English Players' Young Player of the Year. Nothing short of brilliant - when he got going. Took him about a month to settle in to life in Leeds, then he focussed on his football. Finished the season as our top goalscorer with 22.

Kevin Vaessen

Another fine year for the Dutch defender. Finished the season as our top rated player with an average of 7.43. Got a bright future ahead of him - hopefully at Leeds United.

Marino Alberti

Great season for the 22 y.o. Italian left-sided defender. Made a lot of crucial tackles during the season. Sadly injured when the Europa League Final came around, or he would have had a medal.

This Season's Transfers.

OTHER NEWS

I'm now 68 in game, and wondering if retirement is just around the corner. Maybe I'll see if I can get to 100 for a laugh...But if Leeds sack me, I might just call it a day. (Besides, I'm itching to play FM11).

NEW CLUB RECORDS

Highest Gate Receipts: £2M vs Barcelona (Champs Lg Grp D).

Total Transfer Spending: £59M.

Average Attendance: 50522.

2042-2043 Ups & Downs

PREMIER DIVISION

Winners: Arsenal (x3).

Champs Lg Q: Reading (2nd), Tottenham Hotspur (3rd), Liverpool (4th).

Europa Lg Q: LEEDS UNITED (as holders), Chelsea (5th), Everton (6th), Wigan Athletic (7th).

Relegated: Southend United, Sunderland, Millwall.

NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP

Winners: Bracknell Town (9 successive promotions, started in Hellenic D1E (tier 10) in 2034/35; Italian sugar daddy at the helm.)

Promoted: Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sheffield United.

Relegated: Nottingham Forest, Grimsby Town, Bradford City.

NPOWER LEAGUE 1

Winners: Queens Park Rangers.

Promoted: Norwich City, Plymouth Argyle.

Relegated: South Sefton Borough, Shepshed Dynamo, Charlton Athletic, Rochdale.

NPOWER LEAGUE 2

Winners: FC United of Manchester.

Promoted: Southport, Stockport County, Leyton Orient.

Relegated: Hereford United, Mansfield Town.

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER

Winners: Skelmersdale United.

Promoted: Cambridge United.

Relegated: Bath City, Stafford Rangers, Darlington, Ashton United.

BLUE SQUARE NORTH

Winners: Scunthorpe United.

Promoted: Lowestoft Town.

Relegated: Hinckley United, Rugby Town, Newcastle Benfield.

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

Winners: Crawley Town.

Promoted: Launceston AFC.

Relegated: Dartford, Kidderminster Harriers, Pewsey.

ISTHMIAN PREMIER

Winners: Ramsgate.

Promoted: Metrogas.

Relegated: Hendon, Hemel Hempstead Town, Bognor Regis Town, Leyton.

SOUTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Newport County.

Promoted: Merthyr Tydfil.

Relegated: Totnes & Dartington Sports, Amesbury, Westwood United, Pershore.

NORTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Harrogate Railway.

Promoted: Haslingden St. Marys.

Relegated: Woodley Sports, Bury, Marske United, AFC Blackpool.

ISTHMIAN D1N

Winners: Romford.

Promoted: BURY TOWN (Flamers'll be happy!).

Relegated: Cuffley, Grays Athletic.

ISTHMIAN D1S

Winners: Kingstonian.

Promoted: Erith & Belvedere.

Relegated: Hayes & Yeading United, Erith Town.

NORTHERN D1N

Winners: Appleby Frodingham.

Promoted: Daisy Hill.

Relegated: Rochdale Sacred Heart, Selby Town.

NORTHERN D1S

Winners: Altrincham.

Promoted: Leigh Genesis.

Relegated: Chasetown, Chester.

SOUTHERN D1M

Winners: Lutterworth Athletic.

Promoted: Sloane.

Relegated: Bedworth, Castle Vale JKS.

SOUTHERN D1SW

Winners: Didcot Casuals.

Promoted: Petersfield.

Relegated: Cirencester, Havant & Waterlooville.

===CUPS===

FA Cup: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Arsenal.

League Cup: Arsenal 0-0p Reading. Reading won 4-3 on pens.

JPT: Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Ransomes Sports.

FA Trophy: Droylsden 1-3 Macclesfield Town.

===OTHER LEAGUES===

Scotland

Winners: Celtic (x5).

Relegated: :eek: RANGERS :eek: (First time in their history. Elgin City will replace them next season).

France

Winners: FC Metz.

Relegated: SO Cassis-Carnoux, Rodez Aveyron Football, Olympique Noisy-le-Sec.

Spain

Winners: Barcelona.

Relegated: Levante, Real Betis, Malaga.

Italy

Winners: Lazio.

Relegate: Perugia, Viterbese, Bologna.

===EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE===

FC Internazionale 1-0 Arsenal

@ Lampard Stadium, London.

Att: 57721.

===EUROPA LEAGUE===

LEEDS UNITED 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur

@ OL Land, Décines-Charpieu. (Lyon).

Att: 60000.

Which is why I used Ron's file and not Super Blademan's. Ron's is far more realistic.

Histon...

I would argue that a file incorporating the whole English pyramid is more realistic, and allows the entrepeneur to turn a struggling club into a cash cow. There's nothing to say that a tier 10 or 11 team can't hit giddy heights - like Team Bath, who resigned from the Blue Square Premier on the grounds that they didn't want a "recreational" team to become too serious....As for AFC Wimbledon and FC United...

My own personal taste is all-inclusive, I don't want the "usual suspects" yoyoing in and out of the unplayable leagues, and no club in tier 9, 10, or 11 has bought a £5m player in my game. Most Championship sides baulk at the idea of paying £2m.

What a great save man :thup: leave this for the records if you go to FM2011

Sunderland from champions of Europe to relegated. Wolves in the Champions league final. South Sefton in the premier league. Who the hell and where they hell are they from lol :confused:

Burgess Hill no2 in English clubs as well

I love it when games throw up the unexpected.

Great save mate

What a great save man :thup: leave this for the records if you go to FM2011

Sunderland from champions of Europe to relegated. Wolves in the Champions league final. South Sefton in the premier league. Who the hell and where they hell are they from lol :confused:

Burgess Hill no2 in English clubs as well

I love it when games throw up the unexpected.

Great save mate

Cheers mate.

South Sefton - team from Liverpool. They were really good but are looking like becoming a permanent League 2 team these days. Burgess Hill don't seem to be able to make the step up to the Premier Division, which is a bit of a shame. However, Bracknell Town are in the Premier this season and doing not bad - but strangely, they play all their home games at Reading.

FM2011 - I'll probably head there after the next patch, or maybe the one in February...

Histon...

I would argue that a file incorporating the whole English pyramid is more realistic, and allows the entrepeneur to turn a struggling club into a cash cow. There's nothing to say that a tier 10 or 11 team can't hit giddy heights - like Team Bath, who resigned from the Blue Square Premier on the grounds that they didn't want a "recreational" team to become too serious....As for AFC Wimbledon and FC United...

My own personal taste is all-inclusive, I don't want the "usual suspects" yoyoing in and out of the unplayable leagues, and no club in tier 9, 10, or 11 has bought a £5m player in my game. Most Championship sides baulk at the idea of paying £2m.

Psycho, if you want the whole English pyramid you have to go down to level 23.

The game as it is right now can't seem to handle anything below level 8 realistically enough in my opinion. That's not to say Super Bladesman and the team he has passed it on to has not done a good job, but there are too many inconsistancies against real life in that version than in comparison to Ron's file and Ron has also now cracked the advanced editor options to make his package even more realistic.

One thing for example, did you know players at level 9 or below can give or be given one week's notice that their contract will be terminated at no cost? I've not noticed that in the level 10/11 file.

2043-2044 === LEEDS UNITED === ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

SEASON SUMMARY

League

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the new English League Champions: \o/\o/ LEEDS UNITED! \o/\o/

Yes! We've done it. After coming so close a couple of years ago, and then doing not so well last season, I really wasn't expecting anything but a European spot. Kicked off the season by beating Manchester City, and things just got better from there. Big names fell at our feet - Wolves, Manchester United, Liverpool, Bracknell Town! And we finally got over our Wigan jinx, beating them for the first time in 2 seasons.

With all our cup and European fixtures, we ended up in an enviable position come February, with 3 games in hand over 2nd placed Arsenal, and 5 games in hand over 3rd placed Manchester City. Arsenal, who had been so dominant over the last 3 seasons, were on the ropes and they knew it. 4 games left of their campaign and they'd dropped enough points to hand us the title when they suffered a shock defeat at the hands of Newcastle.

30th April 2044 will live long in the memories of Leeds United fans. Champions of England for the first time since 1992, and a fine way to celebrate the club's 125th anniversary. I get voted Manager of the Year.

More of the same next season please, team. And let's see if we can't do a bit better in the Champions League this time!

Oh Yeah! Let's all laugh at Man United...:D

fintab0.png

Cups

FA Cup

Beat Crystal Palace in the 3rd round, Fulham in the 4th, and crashed out to Manchester City in the 5th in a replay.

League Cup

Had quite a good run this season, but no hands on the trophy. Dispatched Portsmouth in the 3rd round, Everton in the 4th, Villa in the QFs, but came unstuck against Reading who won 3-2 on agg in the Semis.

Europa League

They say lightning doesn't strike twice, but in our case we proved them wrong.

euror.png

Straight into the Group stages, we had a couple of hairy moments, and I didn't think we'd qualify. But we somehow ended up top on goal difference. Basel were a formality in the 1st KO Round. Then we had a real scare against Atalanta. I thought we were out after that first leg horror show, but at Elland Road there was the most amazing turn around. 0-0 at half time, we scored 3 second half goals to level the tie, and then grabbed 2 winners in extra time. Rapid Vienna were easy. A.C. Milan were a challenge, and we rode our luck in that second leg.

So onto the final, and the chance to win back-to-back Europa League titles. Chelsea stood in our way, and they put up a fight. They scored on 56 minutes, and we looked like having no reply, until striker Sammy Mitchell fired home an equaliser in second half stoppage time. No goals in Extra Time, and we went to penalties. My lads held their nerve, Chelsea didn't. We ran out 4-3 winners, and the fans celebrated a double. :)

European Super Cup

F.C. Internazionale thumped us 3-0.

SQUAD

Maybe one of the contributing factors to this season's success was that the team had bonded well, and there weren't 4 or 5 new faces appearing at the start of every transfer window. This season, although I spent a fair chunk of my £40M transfer budget, I only brough in 2 new players - both from Valencia. One of the signings, Sammy Mitchell, was an absolute gem of a find. He'd been in Spain for 3 years, and I'm so glad he signed for us.

In general, the squad played out of their skins during most games, but there were moments of madness along the way, and some slapstick defending (especially in our home game vs Wigan which ended 6-4 to us). Noticed a lot of fatigue creeping in towards the end of the season, but that's understandable given that some players played in 55-60 matches.

Top Players

Kevin Vaessen

Finished as our top rated player for the second year running, on 7.55. Solid and dependable defender, good with his feet and his head. Still improving as he gets older.

Sammy Mitchell

Signed from Valencia for £22M, and worth every single penny. Had my doubts when he didn't score in his first couple of games, but then he exploded into life. Scored a club record-breaking 36 goals this season, and at 22 he's looking like a fine asset already. Other clubs have been sniffing round him, but there's no way he's going anywhere. At the end of the season he's voted Players' Player of the Year.

Antonio Carlos

Found fine form again, scoring 26 goals this season. This Brazilian is a hot shot, no question about that.

Dimitar Bozhanov

A favourite amongst the fans, and only 23 - seems like he's been here for a decade. Would have been this season's top scorer if Mitchell hadn't run riot. Found himself more on rotation duties this year, but I'm determined not to push him to the fringes too much.

Season's Transfers.

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 53893.

Highest Scoring Game: 6-4 vs Wigan(H) PRM 26.4.2044.

Highest Scoring League Game: 6-4 vs Wigan(H) PRM 26.4.2044.

Top Goalscorer: Sammy Mitchell - 36.

2043-2044 Ups & Downs

PREMIER DIVISION

Champions: LEEDS UNITED.

Champs Lg Q: Tottenham Hotspur (as holders), Arsenal(2nd), Manchester City(3rd).

Europa Lg Q: Liverpool (FA Cup winners), Chelsea (6th), Derby County (League Cup winners), Everton (7th).

Relegated: West Ham United, Manchester United, Sheffield United.

NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP

Winners: Sunderland.

Promoted: Rotherham United, Ipswich Town.

Relegated: Plymouth Argyle, Coventry City, Cheltenham Town.

NPOWER LEAGUE 1

Winners: Bradford City.

Promoted: Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday.

Relegated: Crewe Alexandra, Southport, Blackpool, Stockport County.

NPOWER LEAGUE 2

Winners: Rochdale.

Promoted: Carlisle United, St Margaretsbury, Leicester City.

Relegated: Phoenix Sports, Cambridge United.

BLUE SQUARE PERMIER

Winners: Scunthorpe United.

Promoted: Bournemouth.

Relegated: Salisbury City, Brading Town, AFC Wimbledon, Port Vale.

BLUE SQUARE NORTH

Winners: Northfield Town.

Promoted: Haslingden St Marys.

Relegated: Morecambe, Bootle, Fleetwood Town.

BLUE SQUARE SOUTH

Winners: Rushden & Diamonds.

Promoted: Newport County.

Relegated: Ramsgate, Backwell, Yeovil Town.

ISTHMIAN PREMIER

Wnners: AVRO.

Promoted: Fleet Leisure.

Relegated: AFC Fletton, Kingstonian, Erith & Belvedere, Raynes PArk.

SOUTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Didcot Casuals.

Promoted: Nuneaton Griff.

Relegated: Kidderminster Harriers, Petersfield, Pewsey, Warley Development.

NORTHERN PREMIER

Winners: Euxton Villa.

Promoted: Burton Albion.

Relegated: Altrincham, Leigh Genesis, Corby Town, Salford City.

ISTHMIAN D1N

Winners: Leyton.

Promoted: Hendon.

Relegated: Billericay Town, Tring.

ISTHMIAN D1S

Winners: Hollands & Blair.

Promoted: Bognor Regis Town.

Relegated: Maidstone United, Chessington & Hook.

NORTHERN D1N

Winners: Larkfield & New Hythe Wanderers.

Promoted: Frickley Athletic.

Relegated: Whickham, Billingham Synthonia.

NORTHERN D1S

Winners: Staveley Miners Welfare.

Promoted: Matlock Town.

Relegated: Sandbach United, Ilkeston Town.

SOUTHERN D1M

Winners: Maidenhead Town.

Promoted: Bustlehome.

Relegated: Chalvey (WMC) Sports, Leverstock Green.

SOUTHERN D1SW

Winners: Chinnor.

Promoted: Dorchester Town.

Relegated: Bemerton Heath, Chippenham Town.

===Cups===

FA Cup: Liverpool p0-0 Manchester City.

League Cup: Reading 1-2 Derby County.

JPT: Burnley 1-0 Leyton Orient.

FA Trophy: Crawley Town 1-0 Lowestoft Town.

===Other League Winners===

Scotland: St. Mirren.

France: SC Bastia.

Spain: Barcelona (x2).

Italy: FC Internazionale.

===Champions League===

Tottenham Hotspur p0-0 Arsenal. Spurs won 3-1 on pens.

@ Vincente Calderon, Madrid.

Att: 54851.

===Europa League===

Chelsea 1-1p LEEDS UNITED. Leeds won 4-3 on pens.

@ HSH-Nordbank-Arena, Hamburg.

Att: 46500.

NOOOOO!!!!

Let Bury Town hit Blue Square :p

Flamers

My manager might be 130+ by then :) Bury Town missed relegation by the seat of their pants last season. Will post League History today sometime. What I might do (because I do really like this save myself), is play 1 season of FM11, 1 of FM10, 1 of FM11, etc. I'll see what time allows.

Well, the good news is that my PC can run FM2010 and 2011 at the same time, so this career save will run for a wee while longer - just set the affinity to 2 processors each and off we go. Oh the beauty of quad-core technology!

Just realised I forgot to post:

EURO 2044

Hosts: Norway.

Holders: England.

Group Stage Exits

Slovenia, Sweden, Belgium, Norway, Russia, Ireland, Greece, Slovakia.

Quarter Final

Holland p1-1 France

Portugal 1-3 Germany

Bulgaria e3-2 Croatia

Spain 3-0 England

Semi Final

Holland e3-2 Spain

Germany e3-2 Bulgaria

FINAL

Holland p0-0 Germany. Holland won 5-3 on pens.

@ Ullevål Stadion, Oslo.

Att: 25572.

Archived