[iPhone] FMH 2011 Suggestions & Feature Requests

• SI Staff
1. I have not seen a non-brazilian World Player! This is despite one season where my team won almost everything domestically and in Europe... my top striker who is also top MoM player in the league didn't even make it to the English national team, let alone World Player. Doh! Is there a reason for the game to constantly choose Brazilian as World Player?

Its probably because there are quite a few quality players from that nation irl - I have tweaked this side of things for FMhi 2011 though and you should see a bit more variety now.

2. Re-gen players should be from more countries. I play in the EPL and most re-gens are from England, Italy, Spain and Brazil. There are the occasional from Africa and France, but as a poster above points out, more from Asia and other European countries please.

I wasn't particularly happy with the regen balance in FMHi 2010 and I've rewritten a lot of this code - you should find a much better balance in long term games in FMHi 2011.

3. Value of a player fluctuates a lot from season to season. If an established player doesn't start much for one season due to my rotation policy (not injury) - for example from 40+ game starter to about 20+ games, then his value will drop drastically. In real life, this won't be the case, especially if he is still in the national team. Same can be said for his Ability and Potential ratings.

I wanted the valuations to be more 'fluid' than on previous FMH version for FMHi 2010 - but I agree they tended to drop down too fast, I've retuned this and also the way in which 'percieved potential' is viewed by the game which should help this and prevent the cut-off which occurred when someone stopped being viewed as a youth player at the age of 24.

(valuations are still fairly 'fluid' though - especially for youngsters which is important imho as quite often a 'hot kid' will appear and be touted heavily, then disappear - think of Jeffers etc.)

4. There seems to be a "pattern" of teams from bottom of the league drawing or winning against team from the top end of the league. Marc, I know you'll attribute this to complacency, or teams defending deep and get lucky... but this seems to happen too often... even when I field all my best players against bottom of the league teams!

The match engine has had an overhaul and while yes I'll argue that some it might be down to management/tactical issues there will be more control available in FMHi 2011 to allow you to ensure that you have every chance to obtain the results you should .... if not feel free to explain to me any grievances you have with the new engine in due course, I'll be actively supporting 2011 once its out and evolving all aspects of the game during that period.

5. The top end of EPL are usually the same teams every season, if excluding my team, then: Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal, ManCity and Bolton are the usual suspects. Furthermore, it is usually the same few teams being promoted and demoted. Perhaps there should be the occasional "wild card" team breaking into the top 6?

There is a little more variance in FMHi 2011 because of the match engine improvements HOWEVER it could be argued that in real-life the 'usual suspects' are often present at the top, I have seen newcomers in 2011 become a dynasty (without spoiling things often its Tottenham, apologies for Arsenal fans ... but I think its possible irl also if they keep building intelligently ;) )

I've also seen a few more 'falls from grace' in long term games in FMHi 2011 than in the 2010 version (ie. a team imploding and falling through the divisions).

6. I have been named onto the Board, yet my "status" at the beginning of every season is still "Safe", not "Secure"? This is probably a bug more than a request.

Good point - will look at that makes sense.

7. Lastly, I would like to request for more types of misses or scoring highlights. For example, not many highlights of scoring through nifty passes even when my team plays "short passes".

I've been trying to improve the match highlights very actively - however before I extend them excessively I want to cull any silly looking behaviour, so please be patient in this regard ... it might take a little while, but its on the drawing board.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Are you allowed to indicate whenabouts the game will be released?

Not at present I'm afraid - tbh if you think about things thats fairly sensible from SEGA's perspective ... I'm developing FMHi largely 'solo' and as such if I'm silly enough to eat my own cooking and get food poisoning then that could halt development and disrupt the schedule - so rather than risk disappointing people by announcing something which might change; its very probable that it'll appear 'suddenly' as with the prior version.

Not at present I'm afraid - tbh if you think about things thats fairly sensible from SEGA's perspective ... I'm developing FMHi largely 'solo' and as such if I'm silly enough to eat my own cooking and get food poisoning then that could halt development and disrupt the schedule - so rather than risk disappointing people by announcing something which might change; its very probable that it'll appear 'suddenly' as with the prior version.

But can you even say if we are looking at a 2010 release - or into next year..?

I'd quite like to see player development more clearly. ie a stat increase/decrease graph in the training tab.

Also, quite often when I loan young players out to other clubs, they never play them! Despite being so much better than any other player in their squad, it's very frustrating so it'd be great if you could fix that.

Other than that, a lot of other posters have mentioned some good ideas ie stadium/training ground changes, and increased interaction with players, and media.

Thanks Marc, keep up the great work, will def be buying FMHi 2011!!

Its probably because there are quite a few quality players from that nation irl - I have tweaked this side of things for FMhi 2011 though and you should see a bit more variety now.

Agree that the Brazilians are super, but to constantly choose 20~23 yr olds who play in the Brazilian league as World Player is... :confused:. The funny thing is that the Brazil national team is full of World Players, yet they can't win the World Cup - not in the 16 seasons that I played (not even finalists). Glad that you've tweaked this.

The match engine has had an overhaul and while yes I'll argue that some it might be down to management/tactical issues there will be more control available in FMHi 2011 to allow you to ensure that you have every chance to obtain the results you should .... if not feel free to explain to me any grievances you have with the new engine in due course, I'll be actively supporting 2011 once its out and evolving all aspects of the game during that period.

Will do! And thanks for dropping hints on what's improved in 2011. :thup:

I just have a few more feedback which I missed the last time:

1. There should be a screen in the "Squad" view which shows the "state" of the players. For example which players are transfer listed, loan listed, unhappy, injured etc. Right now the only place to have this view is in the Training screen. Quite inconvenient during the transfer period where I have to do lots of deals... Furthermore, if a player is "unhappy", his "transfer/loan listed" status will not show. And I think there is a bug which will toggle the transfer/loan status of a player off if he is unhappy... I have noticed this a few times already, but can't confirm the cause yet.

2. Another unrealistic thing is that players ALWAYS get injured when the season is over! It is quite silly that the injury rate goes up after the last game of the season. Who in their good mind will train after the last game of the season (and in a non-World/Euro Cup year)? :confused: A lot of injuries occur between last game (early to mid May) and early July, which traditionally are holiday season for the players. Problem is that once injured, I can't sell or loan the player off.

I can create a schedule for the players not to train, but their stats will be lowered and this may cause me early-season games.

3. Lastly, I know this may be a strange request: Hope that you'll build some form of Export features into 2011. For example, have a button to export all of a player's stat and history; or export the league table, or export the team list. Export can either be in the form of HTML or rich text email, or to some website (think Facebook), or even CSV file that we can get from iTunes when the phone is plugged in. Right now the only way is via screen capture, but we can't capture long lists without breaking.

Reason is that after spending so much time playing, I would like to be able to tell the story of how I managed my team from Blue Square to winning EPL three seasons in a row (but narrowly lost out to Liverpool in the latest one that ended). I would also like to note the stats of my best players... one who has been with me for 11 seasons and winning MVP of every division he played in. A bit obsessive, I know. :p

Also' date=' quite often when I loan young players out to other clubs, they never play them! Despite being so much better than any other player in their squad, it's very frustrating so it'd be great if you could fix that.

[/quote']

Hi, try to select which club you loan to carefully... don't loan out to the first one that comes along. Some clubs just like to collect players. And if your loaned player doesn't get played, you should recall him back before the mid-season break so that he can be loaned out again to another club in Jan transfer period (assuming you are playing the English league).

Two things I'd like to note, being in the year 2026 in my game, the first one being pretty minor to me, but the second one got a bit annoying:

- I don't know if this happened in just my one game or if this is common, but there are very few defenders with top quality stats. Currently, I don't think there's any regen who has as good stats as what the best defenders had when the game started.

- This has now happened to me twice in a row with two different goalkeepers: My board has a wage limit of 170000/week, have had for probably over a decade by now, but my main goalkeeper demands more than what I can offer, eventually ending with him requesting a transfer. The first one went to Liverpool with a lower wage than what I offered him, the second one still has two seasons left on his contract. Looking quickly through the Player Search list, I don't think any other player in the world has a wage that can even match what I am offering, let alone beat it.

Hi, try to select which club you loan to carefully... don't loan out to the first one that comes along. Some clubs just like to collect players. And if your loaned player doesn't get played, you should recall him back before the mid-season break so that he can be loaned out again to another club in Jan transfer period (assuming you are playing the English league).

Yeah thanks, that's what I've been doing. e.g I had a guy promoted from my youth, average stats, touted as the next big thing on his coach report. After a number of prem clubs offered, I loaned him out to a championship side and he didn't play for them for the whole first half of the season. I then recalled him and again put him out on loan to a championship club, again with the same result. So I recalled him after a month or so and brought him on as a sub in some cup games. Next season I loan him out again to a lower prem team. He then doesn't get played until I play them (about 9 games in), he scores against me, and then goes back to being an unused squad member!!!! All the while being the best player in the team everytime I have loaned him out. Seems like some players are unlucky, as it has happened to a couple of my other players but others (sometimes worse) are loaned out and play constantly. Just seems a bit weird to me. Has this happened to anyone else?

I've been playing half a season on iPhone 4 and one of the things I could see an improvement on is the top bar. The whole bar could be used to so much more info/shortcuts, fx. an icon for mail so I don't have to go out to the main menu to check. The various texts for my name, league name etc don't have to be so big.

Marc pls respond to this: Im new here and this is my first post XD i play FMH on my iphone and i have a few questions about FMH 2011

1. Will FMH 11 support iphone4/iPod touch 4 Retina display (960*640)??

2. The last 2 years i been looking att the new FMH features it allways say "Improved match graphics - watch your games with the classic 2D match engine, now more realistic than ever before"..... So what is better in the match engine this time??

3. Why cant u add more leagues to manage? just look at iphone4 or ipod touch 4. they have a great hardware and it should be no problem right?

TY

• SI Staff
Marc pls respond to this: Im new here and this is my first post XD i play FMH on my iphone and i have a few questions about FMH 2011

Welcome to the forum - unfortunately I'm not allowed to speak about features which will be in the next FMHi at present - sorry about that.

(but if it helps I'm chomping at the bit to talk about the new version myself .... and am fairly confident you all will like it ;) )

Welcome to the forum - unfortunately I'm not allowed to speak about features which will be in the next FMHi at present - sorry about that.

(but if it helps I'm chomping at the bit to talk about the new version myself .... and am fairly confident you all will like it ;) )

Lol it allways says the match engine is improved... But i dont se anyting special...

Another thing I miss in FHM2010 is the ability to see transfers for my club. Both past and present. Also a better view of the finances would be nice.

Had a bug too btw. Flipped through the matches played in a week and noticed the score on the summary was : Hibernian-Celtic: 0-3 but when I tabbed on the score and saw the in game screen, Celtic had scored 6.

• SI Staff
Had a bug too btw. Flipped through the matches played in a week and noticed the score on the summary was : Hibernian-Celtic: 0-3 but when I tabbed on the score and saw the in game screen, Celtic had scored 6.

Is there any chance that one score was todays match and the other was on aggregate? (sounds very odd, but its not something I've heard before).

Is there any chance that one score was todays match and the other was on aggregate? (sounds very odd, but its not something I've heard before).

Hm I can't remember entirely but I am almost sure it was a league game. I've progressed through the save, so cannot go back and check.

So, the iPhone is locked. Big deal. You guys can still provide an editor.

Think outside the box....

use the web....

you could even charge a small monthly fee for an editor service.

The only con would be that the iPhone code base will start to deviate from the PSP code base. But honestly, that would be good from an end user stand point. I understand that maintaining two separate code bases can be a pain...because I myself am a software engineer. Really, if the game can get big enough to support it then you guys could have 2 small development teams to support both code bases.

This actually would be my vision for the future of the iPhone game, not necessarily the 2011 version. But you guys could start moving in this direction by abstracting the UI code from the code base. This way you can still shared the data, the data access, and the business logic of the code. You could also use this to make the game more native to the iPhone.

Of course, this would take time, but if you guys started moving to this slowly over the next few years, I can really see it taking off.

• 2 weeks later...

The option to load up to 3 nations would be great.

A much more extensive 2D match engine. Option for highlights and extended highlights would be good. But the ME needs a vast improvement please.

Also a better transfer and contract negotiations.

Press conferences at beginning and end of season, after signing a big player, when taking a new job and before and after major events like cups etc. No need for press conferences before and after every game.

On news items it would be nice if you could click on the links in them. i.e. "Terry had a good game in England's 2-0 win over Italy." - Would be good to click and go straight into "Terry", "England", "Italy" or the "2-0" score for a report. Maybe have the items you can click on underlined like someone else suggested.

Tactics where you can manually move your players into positions rather than having to go into Formations to re-arrange a standard formation.

It should be easier to access your Reserves too.

Include staff so you can hire and fire.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

• SI Staff

Thanks to everyone who's made suggestions for FMHi 2011 - its much appreciated and keep them coming, while we're getting closer to the games completion now I'll be updating and evolving it continually after its release so its always worthwhile making suggestions ...

just to follow up on this then I've just had the same bug in another save and this is also in the league.

League matches (notice result of Portsmouth-Arsenal: 0-2)

Portsmouth-Arsenal (The result here is actually 0-3)

Archived