[FM10] Continent Hopping Happy Chappy...well maybe

ToMexico!!

After reading the start of AcidBurn's new career thread it has intrigued me to start a new career save starting in New Zealand, somewhere I have never managed even though I had previously downloaded the xml file.

Setup: FM10 10.0.3

Leagues Loaded: Nigeria, Qatar, Guatemala, Cyprus, England (All), New Zealand and Argentina. Spain and Brazil are view only.

My reasoning for choosing the following leagues are on the basis that many of them have been previously unmanageable before and that England and Argentina would be the final steps to the big time. The nations chosen also mean that each continent has been represented.

Manager Profile

So I have decided to start in New Zealand, not starting unemployed for a change. I've opted to start with lower league side Waikato FC.

120px-WaikatoFC.jpg

Waikato FC are an amateur side currently playing in the New Zealand Football Championship. They play their home games at Centennial Park in Hamilton, it has a 1500 capacity with just 200 seats. They have average training facilities and average youth facilities along with a youth academy.

Predicted to finish 6th in a league formed of just 8 teams it seems we will struggle in the league a little. Being an amateur side make things all that bit more difficult, not having a transfer budget for new purchases and not allowing wages to be paid for any player or staff.

The First Look

My initial look at the squad suggests that we were poor, very poor. Then looking at the clubs predicted to finish around me I felt a little better, Hawkes Bay, Canterbury Dragons and Waitakare Utd are pretty woeful. Although there were many poor players, there were a couple of gems from the youth team, Cole Bell and Ian Smith who will be integral parts of the team.

My staff were what was to be expected, CARP. No wages meant no termination fee, that was good but what was to come would turn out to be even better. In came Gary Lewin, ex England physio along with Gary Anderson, a fitness coach and Adam Milne joined to be our new scout. I kept my AssMan, just for this season though.

New Arrivals and late Departures...

Wanting to play my preferred 4-2-1-2-1 formation with no wing play I had to bring in the players able to play in the roles that mattered the most to my tactics. Looking at the squad we were lacking DM and AMCs that were capable of any quality football. We also needed a new GK, DC, MC and a back up striker.

First in was Sam Jasper, technically and mentally decent for this standard but physically poor, will slot in at DM, but is capable of playing at RB and MC. Next in was Jack Hobson-McVeigh, not the best but will be capable of coming off the bench, he joins from Waitakere United. Dimitris Brinias came in for a free transfer to slot in as first choice goalkeeper. I then signed Jack Pelter from Western Suburbs, who is probably my best signing of the summer. Michael Eager joined as my second DM to join, along with Leo Shin, a back up striker and Jason Norville, the Trinidad and Tobago national who will play in AMC position.

Only 2 players left, both for free, Steven Holloway, a AMC who joined Team Wellington and Papua New Guinea national Maurie Wasi who joined Qatar side Al-Jaish. Both were surplus to requirements.

Friendlies

We played a ridiculess amount of friendlies, 12 infact, a few clubs twice over. The first two were played prior to me taking charge of Waikato. So a record of P12 W6 D2 L4. So a mixed bag of slip ups followed by decent performances, we yo-yo'd to put it bluntly.

Friendlies.jpg

I think we are ready for the League campaign. :rolleyes:

Friendlies.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is great to see, you are more ambitious than me as I was unemployed and took over the big boys of New Zealand. Good luck dude, I will be reading for sure.

Thanks, the only thing is I feel its a little too similar to your career start and setup. I don't want to be treading on your toes so to speak.

A few of the nations are the same but it doesn't bother me at all, if you enjoy it then go for it. It was a challenge I picked up off another user on the Stories Forum anyway. Like I said I will be reading and after New Zealand our careers will end up going in different directions completely.

2009/10 - Waikato FC - New Zealand Football Championship

Finances: £5,000 Transfer Budget: £0 Wage Budget:£0

Transfers - 7 In (£0) & 2 Out (£0)

As in the opening post and that was it.

League - 1st (Lost in Semi-Final Playoff)

We started off poorly with a 2-1 loss at Otago Utd, before beating Waitakere United just a week later, the first win under the belt. A disappointing 4-2 loss to Auckland put a halt on proceedings in game week 4. We demolished Canterbury Dragons 4-0 at home, setting us on run worthy of taking us to the top. Wins over Hawkes Bay, YoungHeart, Otago, Auckland, Waitakere and Team Wellington followed consecutively. We were humbled 4-1 by Canterbury Dragons at their place. Things got back on track with a 2-1 win over Hawkes Bay in the penultamate game of the season, ensuring we finished top of the league. We finished the league campaign with a 1-1 draw over at YoungHeart.

We were drawn against Waitakere United in the play-off semi final, we took the lead after 29 minutes through Cole Bell, he double his and the teams goals just 3mins later. The second half saw us completely lose our heads and end the 90mins 2-2. Extra time was uneventful until Waitakere took the lead, they went on to win the game 3-2 and put us out of at the first hurdle.

OFC Champions League - Winners

We were drawn in a group against AS Magenta, AS Tefana and Kossa FC. I won't go into too much detail but we won every group game. That meant we were through to the semi final where we were drawn against AS Tefana who we had already played in the group stage. We fell behind early on but managed to thrash them 7-1 in the end, Cole Bell finishing the game with 5 goals to his name, the first time he had past two goals in a game for us this season.

That meant we met Marist of the Soloman Islands in the final, unfortunately in the previous game Bell got injured and would miss the final with a bruised rib, there was no option to patch him up and send him out which annoyed me a little. Anyway the final was pretty drab, we missed chance after chance until late substitute Michael Gwyther scored a quick brace to send the near on 12000 fans into raptures.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Scorer - Cole Bell (22)

Most Assists - Shaun Van Rooyen (13)

Most MOMs - Cole Bell (9)

Ave Rating - Cole Bell (7.80)

Board Takeover - We had previously had a failed board takeover by a fans trust, but a consortium managed to takeover the club. The new chairman, which will hopefully not follow in the footsteps of his namesake, pumped a nice 70k into the club, which will help no end if we turn semi-professional in a season or so. He did state that he was unsure that I would remain manager but just 2 days later, the news item popped up saying that I was to be kept on and he gave me a new contract, not that I get paid or anything. :D

Finances - we started with a small balance which grew as the weeks rolled past. Then the board takeover helped massively followed by the OFC attendances and final win also boosted the coffers.

Season|Team             |League              |Finished|Cup         |Continental   |Other
09/10 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Board Takeover

2010/11 - Waikato FC Pre-Season Update

Transfer Merry-go-round

After going so close last season, it was clear to see that strength in depth was key, so in came a few players to bolster the numbers. First to come in was Luka Senicanin, the young Serbian national was released by Sheffield United and popped up as recommended by my new coach. Next in was Gareth Williams, was very surprised to see this player in my search and snapped him up quickly. I fully expect both to not be here at the end of the season but will use them whilst I can.

Next in was a Cypriot, we were really going international. Not the greatest of keepers but Zannetos Mytides would be first choice after his release by Nottingham Forest. A New Zealander in next \o/ Marama Thompson was in the Hawkes Bay reserves and they accepted the £0 bid I made for him, will either play alongside Pelter or provide decent back up. Another foriegner in next, this time a Chilean, Pedro Garcia, signed from non-league Lower Hutt after he played well in a friendly against me, will be able cover for Senicanin and Smith. Last in was Mike Smith as cover for the DM spot, cover of which we were lacking.

Backroom Assistance

None other then Liverpool came in for Gary Anderson as fitness coach, so he left for England. I decided to terminate my Assman's contract after deciding he was well and truly rubbish. In came two brilliant staff memebers, firstly Ronald de Boer as assman, that was coup number one and coup number two was Robert Prosinecki as coach.

Is that Simon Jordan of Crystal Palace?

Unlucky in the play-off, I am surprised that you got into the OFC Champions League I thought you had to win the play-off to get into it. Cole Bell looks a great player for this level, good luck with the rest of your career. I have moved on and will post an update on Monday or Tuesday hopefully.

Is that Simon Jordan of Crystal Palace?

Unlucky in the play-off, I am surprised that you got into the OFC Champions League I thought you had to win the play-off to get into it. Cole Bell looks a great player for this level, good luck with the rest of your career. I have moved on and will post an update on Monday or Tuesday hopefully.

It could well be. Just looked and he is English, then just checked Crystal Palace's staff list, he's not on there. This could make things interesting if it is, might have to check the editor.

2010/11 - Waikato FC - New Zealand Football Championship

Transfer Budget: £0 Wage Budget:£0

Transfers - 15 In (£0) & 2 Out (£0)

Lots of inward movement for Waikato this season, having to pay no wages was great but would so much change unsettled the squad? Simple answer yes, more to come on that in the League round-up. I brought in 6 players pre-season to bulk up the squad but as I saw the likes of Auckland and Team Wellington who had so many foreigners I decided to join the foray.

Using the nations I had loaded, Cyprus, Argentina and Nigeria, I started to sign a few more players. Charalabous was next to join as a first choice centre back, another Cypriot joined a few days later, Stavrinou joined after his release from Charlton. December also saw the arrival of Ibrahim Babangida, Santiago Villafane, Andreas Guzman and Luciano Cigno. Villafane as a definite first team player. Late on in the season, February, saw the arrival of two Dutch players as recommendation of de Boer. Mimoun el Kadi and Ramon Luijten joined after their release by ADO den Haag and Den Bosch respectively. The last player in was Austrian Michael Winsauer from Team Wellington once the season had ended, but arrived in time for the OFC.

League - 1st (Champions)

We started the season poorly a 3-1 loss to Canterbury, the team didn't play well at all, the team had not gelled through pre-season. We managed back to back draws in the next two games and finally got a win a game later at Waitakere. A thrilling 4-3 win over Otago a week later, finally see us click although we had conceding those 3 goals. Game week nine saw our first loss since the opening game, this time to Waitakere in the reverse fixture. A draw and a win were sandwiched between another loss this time to Otago. With 2 games to go we sat 2nd, first was still achievable. We beat Auckland at home 2-0 to cement 2nd place and just a week later we smash Wellington 5-1 in their own back yard to take us to top spot after Waitakere lost to Auckland.

So for the second season running we finished in 1st place, but this time could we turn 1st into a Championship win? We were drawn up against Auckland in the semi final play-off, we thrashed them, 4-0. Cole Bell stole the show with a 18 minute hattrick either side of half time to stun the Auckland fans. YoungHeart beat Waitakere to join us in the final. It was such a boring final, we won however, just 1-0 though. Both teams had plenty of chances to make it so much better.

OFC Champions League - Winners

We were drawn against AS Magenta of New Caledonia, Ba of Fiji and Lotoha'apai of Tonga in the group stages. We smashed Magenta for 5, before beating Ba 2-0 and Lotoha'apai 2-1 for us to qualify as group winners. We were drawn against Ba, like last year where we were drawn against Magenta in the semi's. We beat Ba again, 3-0 this time, my front three duo all scoring. Into the final we were up against Ma'ufanga of Tonga. We demolished them 6-0, but the result didn't tell the story, we struggled from the off, although we created change after chance it took over 30mins for us to score our first goal. The second half was far more open as I told the players to relax and let the result come. We scored five in the second half, including a 15 minute hattrick from star man Cole

Club World Championship - Play-Off Losers

This was the first game of the Championship and we drawn against Al-Ain of the United Arab Emirates. We lost but it was all about the experience and the money. Fiorentina beat River Plate in the final.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Scorer - Cole Bell (20)

Most Assists - Luka Senicanin (9)

Most MOMs - Cole Bell (4)

Ave Rating - Cole Bell (7.53)

Other Notable Player - Angelis Charalabous

Finances - Are massive for me, hopefully this means we can turn semi-professional or even professional in the close season. This was all thanks to the Club World Championship and the one game we played there.

Season|Team             |League              |Finished|Cup         |Continental   |Other
09/10 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Board Takeover
10/11 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Champions

2011/12 - Waikato FC - New Zealand Football Championship

Transfer Budget: £0 Wage Budget:£725 p/w

Waikato turn Semi-Professional

Transfers - 10 In (£250) & 28 Out (400k)

Disappointingly we lost many of our major players due to the fact that our season ended after many of the other leagues had began and the fact we still remained amateur through June and July times when most teams began bringing in the new faces for the season ahead. We lost the likes of Cole Bell, Jack Pelter, Ian Smith and Angelis Charalabous, however we did receive fee's through tribunals for every player that left for the bidding team.

In coming were the vital replacements that we would need for the likes of GK, RB, LB, AMC and ST. First to come in was Michael Winsauer, I first tracked him last season but was unwilling to join, the Team Wellington LB would become first choice. Next in was a young New Zealander, Finlay Milne joined from YoungHeart, he would probably partner Senicanin in AMC. A new GK arrived next, joining from his homeland Argentina, Federico Crivelli would be first choice. Another Argie arrived next, a AMC to play back up to Milne and Senicanin, Leonal Rinaldi was released by San Lorenzo. Ben Johnston was in next as more back up for AMC, he joined as the first player I'd paid a fee for, albeit £250.

December saw the arrival of three further players, we lacked back up for striker so in came NZ national Kris Bright. Two former Premiership youth team players then arrived on south island, first up was Italian Andrea Zola from West Ham who would take over the LB mantel and secondly was Aston Villa's American RB Eric Lichaj, both surprisingly accepting the pitiful wages I offered them.

Further team development continued into April, we released a further four players including Crivelli and Bright, and brought in two Australians, Shane Cansdell-Sherriff and Wayne Srhoj who I had previously shown interest in but they were uninterested in signing for Waikato.

League - 3rd (Champions)

What a poor season by contrast, yes we were crowned Champions again but our league form was mediocre. We shouldn't have been Champions we didn't really deserve it. Losing so many first team players took so much enjoyment out of the game, we lost a 20 goal a season striker in Cole, my centre half pairing and a 7/8 assists a season Smith.

We did start the season in some decent form which must have continued on from last year, we won four of our first five games 2-0. We then got hammered 5-1 by Auckland and things went down from there, we lost to Wellington and Canterbury before managing a win at YoungHeart. By then we were behind the pace by a small distance, three of the last five games finished 0-0, with a 3-1 win sandwiched in between and the last game of the season finished 2-2 against Auckland. Results went our way really as we only finished 2 points behind first place.

We were drawn against Canterbury Dragons in the semi final. The game started slowly for both sides but we took the lead just before HT through Senicanin, the game ploughed on into the second half but Canterbury manage to score an equaliser in the 92nd minute, gutting. Senicanin then decided to take things into his own hands as he scored twice more to seal the win in extra time to make him the only player to score a hattrick other than Cole Bell. We met Auckland in the final, what team of ours would turn up this time.

We pretty much outplayed Auckland throughout the game, taking the lead after 12 minutes trough an unlikely scorer in Lichaj. Nearing HT Auckland had their first shot and scored. Auckland had further chances in the second half to take the lead. It wasn't until the 76 minute when Argie Andres Guzman scored to put 2-1 up, Michael Jones from our youth team finished the scoring and the match with a well placed shot, as we won 3-1.

Club World Championship - Play-Off Losers

Again we were out in the first round which was no great loss, but more money gained, around 300k from the ticket sales and another 300k for the TV rights after the competition had ended. Back to the football, we lost in extra time to Japan's Okayama FC 1-0 in a tight game where we could have snuck it in the dying moments of the second half. Inter went on to win the title against Velez in the final.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Scorer - Guzman (7)

Most Assists - el Kadi (4)

Most MOMs - Thompson (2)

Ave Rating - Winsauer (7.27)

Other Notable Player - Villafane

Finances - Are increasing year on year, we raised 400k from player sales and a further 600K+ from the Club World Championship.

10/11 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Champions
11/12 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |3rd     |n/a         |n/a           |Champions

Sherriff and Srhoj look absolutely wicked for that level. That World Club Championships is extremely hard I always seem to get Al-Ain in the various New Zealand games I have started. Good to see the ability to pay wages for the players and your finances are great.

Any plans on leaving in the near future?

I was almost too embarrassed to say but in my first season as Wellington Phoenix, Waikato somehow beat me 4-0 in a pre-season friendly, crazy.

Sherriff and Srhoj look absolutely wicked for that level. That World Club Championships is extremely hard I always seem to get Al-Ain in the various New Zealand games I have started. Good to see the ability to pay wages for the players and your finances are great.

Any plans on leaving in the near future?

I was almost too embarrassed to say but in my first season as Wellington Phoenix, Waikato somehow beat me 4-0 in a pre-season friendly, crazy.

Yeh things are going great financially, hopefully could mean turning professional in this close season, which would be great.

I was looking at the situation prior to turning semi-pro but thought that it was too early to leave. Think I may give it one more season here before moving to Nigeria, Guatemala or Qatar depending on the right offer or job becoming available. Cyprus, England or Argentina are a step too far for me at the moment.

I'm very pleased to have brought Sherriff and Srhoj, signing players of their calibre mean that more should follow.

2012/13 - Waikato FC - New Zealand Football Championship

Transfer Budget: 800k Wage Budget:2.1k p/w

Transfers - 7 In (£0) & 8 Out (£0)

We continued to go international in the transfer window, we had two new arrivals from the back end of last season in Cansdell-Sherriff and Srhoj. However we did sign one New Zeaslander did arrive, Phil Edington would provide some decent cover for CM. It was the turn of the Argentinians to take over the headlines as four arrived on our shores. Rudniesky, Suarez, Cardozo and Andruszyszyn all arrived to take up positions in the first team.

League - 1st (Champions)

What a contrast this season was to last season, the team was gelled and we played very well. We started on the front foot from the off, scoring 8 goals in the first two games. Our first loss didn't come until the penultimate game of the season against Waitakere. In that spell of dominance we recorded wins over Wellington twice and Auckland, our main rivals Auckland and both Canterbury and Hawkes Bay twice. We then managed to thrash Auckland 5-1 in the game of the season.

We defeated Hawkes Bay 4-1 in the semi final to go through to the final against Auckland who beat Canterbury in the other semi-final. The final was a little tighter than I had expected but we still ran out 2-0 winners, star of the season Guzman scoring both goals.

Oceania Champions League - Winners

We had no problem again in this competition, we were drawn against Ba, Titavi and Ma'ufanga. We easily beat all three in the group stages, without even conceding. We were then drawn against Ba where our superiority and confidence glistened as we ran out 6-1 winners, their goal was a own goal. We were drawn against Nikao of the Cook Islands, we won but not as comfortably as I would have liked, we took the lead after just 1 minute and then our only other goal came in the 69th minute.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Scorer - Guzman (27)

Most Assists - Cardozo (15)

Most MOMs - Guzman (10)

Ave Rating - Guzman (8.03)

Other Notable Players - Srhoj | Milne | Senicanin

Finances - We actually lost money this season, we had no Club World Cup to inject the money into the club. But we are still in a healthy position.

11/12 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |3rd     |n/a         |n/a           |Champions
12/13 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Champions

Moving On?...

At the end of this season I have requested a new contract as I am not being paid for my dues. I have also applied for a job in Cyprus, as a test really to see whether my reputation is good enough for a move to Europe. They accepted and I have delayed the contract talks to see whether I get offered a new contract at Waikato. I'm more than likely to accept the chance to move onto new pastures.

The Second Step...

So I took the plunge and accepted the opportunity to manage in Europe and more specifically in Cyprus. Other than Anothorsis, APOEL, Aris or Omonoia many of you will not have heard of any other Cypriot teams, I had never heard of my newest team, Alki Larnakas.

logo-1.gif

Founded in 1948, Alki Larnakas are a professional club who currently play in the Marfin Laiki League, Cyrpus' highest league. The club play their home games at GSZ which is a 13032 all seater stadium. They have adequate training facilities along with adequate youth facilities but do have a youth academy. The club are affectionately known as Athanati.

Alki won the Cypriot cup in 2010, which was its last piece of silverware, also in that year they finished runners-up in the Cypriot Super Cup. They finished 7th in the Marfin Laiki last season and an impressive 2nd place the season before. We are predicted to finish 11th this season.

The Contract

I have been given a 4 year contract worth £500 per week, not bad since I spent 4 seasons getting paid nothing at Waikato. I have also been given 264k to spend on new players and a nice 24k weekly wage budget, of which I am only spending 9k, so room to play with there.

The Squad

Very thin on the ground, we have twelve players that the current assman rates as decent, whilst the other twelve are all youth. They have been moved to the U21/U18s as I will only look to use them to fill gaps on the bench. My better players are the older players which have one or two seasons in them I think.

The Staff

We have a Assman, a physio and a scout. Assman and physio have been offered mutual terminations of which they've accepted. I will look to bring in a multi national backroom for help with scouting.

You moved on, wicked. I am looking forward to reading this chapter of your career, what are you going to do with all that cash at your disposal?

What is the standard of football like can you bring any of your old players with you?

You moved on, wicked. I am looking forward to reading this chapter of your career, what are you going to do with all that cash at your disposal?

What is the standard of football like can you bring any of your old players with you?

Thanks :thup: I too am looking forward to trying to bring some glory to Alki over the next few seasons.

Well i've started to spend that cash, bringing in four players from Waikato so far and a few others to give more strength and depth into the squad. I also looked at bringing a few of the staff who left when I did but they weren't interested in signing. I'll do a end of transfer window update when it comes around.

Keep up the good work mate

Was the New Zealand League poor?

To be honest it is, the players coming through were very poor and that had so much impact on the league, reputations are very low, although I started with amateur side I struggled for decent players until I turned semi-pro. The players I did have were snapped up for pittance before I could sign them onto contracts.

Thinking back it took just 3 seasons to go from poorest/lowest value club to best financially and have the highest club value. Doesn't bode well for the other clubs.

2013/14 - Alki Larnakas - Transfer Update

Transfer Budget: 264k Wage Budget: 24k per week

We had plenty of money to spend and lots of wages available to play with. I was looking to bring in a GK, RB, LB, CB, DM, MC, AMC and ST. I had the player knowledge of my time in New Zealand to help me with a start at Alki.

I spent no time at all to bid for some of my former players at Waikato, strangely all my offers at value price were accepted apart from one which was negotiated up by 100% but I could afford to accept it. First in was fan favourite Andres Guzman for just 30k, he will lead my lone striking line once again, hopefully he will repay me with goals. On the same day, Shane Cansdell-Sherriff joined to add that steel in defence, prefers MC but just as good in CB, a snip at just 3.5k. His fellow Aussie, Wayne Srhoj joined to play in DM and take up the vice captaincy role, the 31 year old joined for 24k. Next in was Hector Cardozo, the play making MC would add that craft to midfield and hopefully pick up where he left off from at Waikato, my original bid of 22k was doubled by my former employers. I did bid for my former RB, Villafane but he chose to join Belgrano back in his homeland Argentina.

A loan signing joined around a week later, Xanthi's Nigerian reserve striker Yakubu Alfa joined for just a fee of 6k, a decent cheap loanee. My next signing came from closer to home at non-league Ermis, I needed a left back and Sotiris Christofi was the best I could find for value. I went back to New Zealand for the next signing, a goal keeper I had tracked when I was at Waikato, Auckland's Jacob Spoonley joined for free after his contract expired back in April. Another loan signing in next with AE Limassol's Giorgis Kakoullis joined for a 30k fee, he will provide decent cover for MC/AMC. And lastly before the window closed in came an Australian recommended to me by Wayne Srhoj. Anthony Nussey, a 22 year old AM/F C who can do a job for years to come.

I made one player sale, long time FM legend Cherno Samba was offered out and I accepted Seongnam's offer of 28k to take him off my hands, he was surplus to requirements.

2013/14 - Alki Larnakas - Cypriot Marfin Laiki League

Transfer Budget: 264k Wage Budget:24k p/w

Transfers - 10 In (190k) & 11 Out (28k)

Following the transfer update we only signed one player who was immediately loaned out to feeder club Spartakos. Leonardo was signed from lowly Brazilian side Mamore for just £475. He will hopefully progress to become first choice LB in the near future.

League - 5th

I was pleasantly surprised with my newly acquired team, they didn't take the usual time to gel, they were on it from the off. We sat 1st after just two games, beating Pegeia and APEP with confidence, however we gained just one point from the following five games. A surprise away win over AE Limassol got things back on track which spurred us on into a 8 game unbeaten run. Wins over Anorthosis Famagusta (3-0), Paralimni (5-1), Achna (5-3) and APEP (3-0) consecutively was outstanding.

Unsuprising defeats to APOEL and Apollon Limassol were eradicated from the memory by two wins over Pafos and AE Limassol. But defeats were back on the agenda, losing 1-0 to rivals AEK Larnakas and 4-1 to second placed Omonoia. Two draws followed by a 3-1 over Paralimni to see us end the season in a very creditable 5th place.

Cypriot Cup - First Round

We were drawn against Ermis Aradippou. We drew the first leg away 1-1, then at home we lost, we were poor, we were out.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Scorer - Guzman (12)

Most Assists - Nwoko (7)

Most MOMs - Guzman (4)

Ave Rating - Nwoko (7.06)

Finances - We started with just under 1.5m in the bank, finances declined slighty but we were given 1.1m for finishing 5th. :thup:

12/13 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Champions
13/14 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|5th     |1st Rnd     |n/a           |- 

Thanks bobatwal and AcidBurn. Am pleased too to able to continue, I'm very much enjoying this save, possibly my first career save in FM10. I'm hoping I can improve this coming season, I've started to create shortlists of youngsters in Africa and the Americas who I will keep tabs on, hoping these players and along with no player restrictions for foreigners can help no end.

2014/15 - Alki Larnakas - Cypriot Marfin Laiki League

Transfer Budget: 343k Wage Budget:26k p/w

Transfers - 10 In (525k) & 14 Out (0k)

The squad was in need of an epic overhaul, I released 11 players who did not cut the mustard leaving us with just 11 first team players. Even with a 340k wage budget I overspent that by nearly double as I made a couple being paid over 48months. I'm only going to highlight a few of the keyer deals.

My first 'key' deal was Andreas Petrou who came in from Pafos for a 250k. We lacked home grown players and when I found this kid I had to have him. Signed as back up to Guzman for a season or two. My next key signing was the free transfer signing of a talented Greek centre back, Kostas Theodoropoulos was released by Olympiakos and was chased by a few Eastern European teams. I started to scour the African and South American teams for possible cheap talent and came across a few players, of which two were purchased. Aziz Saykouk signed from Moroccan side, Wydad Casablanca for a pretty penny to be cover for the ageing Davidson who I signed during the summer. January saw two players come in, a Peru national from Jose Galvez who was immediately loaned to a feeder club and Emile Bako who joined for 150k. The former Coton Sport startlet was signed as a third option for up front.

League - 1st (Champions)

What a season, the board expected a mid tabled finish, I opted for that but knew with brining in the right players we could challenge for Europe. A 0-0 draw opened the season and I thought here we go, we will struggle. Next game we thrashed Aris Limassol 6-2, another draw followed, then a couple of wins came along. We lost surprisingly to recently promoted Doxa Kat. We won the next three, but then lost to another promoted side, Agia Napa. Mid way though the season we were sitting top.

We cocked up against Anothorsis and APOEL but got things back on track with 6 wins in a row. We lost to fellow title chasing Omonoia and AEL a week later. That left us 3rd but level on points with APOEL and Apollon. We beat Agia Napa, Apollon and Anorthosis to put us just two points ahead of APOEL the only team that could catch us. We only managed a draw to Olympiakos N. which left us needing Apollon to beat APOEL for us to get the title. They did it, winning 1-0, we were Champions.

Cypriot Cup - Semi Finalists

We drew Paralimni in the second round, beating them 4-0 on aggregate. We managed to beat Anorthosi marginally 4-3 on aggregate in the quarter finals. Which drew us against APOEL in the semi final. We were poor in the first leg, 2-0 and only managed only a draw in the second leg.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Scorer - Nwoko (20)

Most Assists - Nussey (15)

Most MOMs - Cardozo (6)

Ave Rating - Cardozo (7.65)

Finances - Improved dramatically with the windfall of 2.5m from winning the league hopefully a facilities upgrade will be approved and we should have a decent transfer budget.

13/14 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|5th     |1st Rnd     |n/a           |- 
14/15 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Semi Finals |n/a           |Champions

Brilliant in the league, a home loss is always hard to overturn. Well done.

Thanks, I would definately like to win the Cypriot Coca Cola Cup before my time is up with Alki. Preferably before I won the league but heyho.

Good to hear your career is back on track after the laptop problems. Impressive career so far - already been to the Club World Championship and now set for a Champions League campaign. :thup: Good luck :)

Thanks, it has been a decent career so far, but got to remember that these are minor leagues, New Zealand league was far too easy and a good starting point, Cypriot league is that little bit tougher but being able to win it second season makes it too easy, although it was tight. Club World Cup was pointless, never making it past the qualifier. Getting into the Champions League proper is a much harder task but will relish that for a season or two.

Thinking I'd like to move to Qatar next with a bigger team if possible. Maybe joining Al-Ahli or Al-Arabi, a team to build up and win things with for a few seasons.

2015/16 - Alki Larnakas - Cypriot Marfin Laiki League

Transfer Budget: 602k Wage Budget:29.5k p/w

Transfers - 5 In (675k) & 18 Out (1.5k)

We had a decent squad, this season was all about fine tuning it. Before I go a bit more into detail a brief note of the departures. There were no high profile leavers, just the deadwood that built the squad numbers up along with no end of out of contract youth players who weren't up to grade.

I highlighted four key areas that needed improvement, GK, DC, DM and AMC. Why?, we had just one GK, two DC, two DM and two AMCs. First in was a centre half, we probably paid over the odds for Charis Papakyriakou but we needed him, structured over 48months he joined for 400k to add some youth, quality and much needed home grown talent. Next in was a GK, I sent one of my scouts to Bulgaria and he came back recommending Tsvetan Yankulov, at only 19 he has years ahead of him and at 140k he was a snip. The same scout also came back with another recommended player, an AMC this time round, Kostadin Kolev was plying his trade at Chernomorets Burgas and was in need a 'big' move, we gave him that in exchange of 130k another snip.

Two freebies in next, both DMs much needed to strengthen that midfield. Known prospect of the game Koke joined after release from Italian side Udinese. The other DM that came in was Kola Anubi, the Nigerian national commanded high(ish) wages but was worth them as he was much needed back-up. He joined from division rivals Omonoia.

League - 1st (Champions)

We started the league in decent form winning the first two before losing to Apollon. A 4-0 and 5-0 thrashing of APOEL and Achna, stamped our authority on the league, before we came tumbling back down to earth by losing to Anothorsis. We regained confidence by beating APEP, Olympiakos N, Omonoia, Nea Salamina, Agia Napa, Paralimni, Apollon and AEL consectutively. Again we lost to Anothorsis but that was followed by losing to APOEL our first double loss of the season. We defeated Achna 5-0 again to boost morale, this propelled us on to wins over Pafos, Olympiakos N, APEP, Omonoia to ensure we were still up there. A draw over AEK Lakarnas brought Anorthosis back within touching distance but wins over Agia Napa and Nea Salamina ensure we went on to win our second consective title.

Cypriot Cup - First Round

Nothing to write home about, we had our eyes cast on Europe, but still I would like to win this competition. However we lost both legs to Anothorsis.

Cypriot Super Cup - Winners

Not much to say, was 0-0 after 90mins and went straight to penalties. We won 5-4. Result!

Champions League - 3rd Qualifying Round

We drew Armenia side Pyunik first up, we dominated the first leg and won 8-0, we were home and dry, a few changes in the second leg saw us lost 3-2 back at their place. The draw was unkind to us and we got Standard of Belgium. The first leg which was away was dismal, we lost 5-1, tie over, we drew 0-0 back at home.

Europa League - 4th Qualifying Round

Again the draw was unkind, we got Rosenborg, I felt we had a chance of an upset but I was counting my chickens. First leg was again away from home, we lost 2-1, but we had that illusive away goal. Back at home we took the lead, we had that chance, we never took it, they scored twice to show their domination. Europe was fun whilst it lasted.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Scorer - Petrou (22)

Most Assists - Cardozo (13)

Most MOMs - Nussey (5)

Ave Rating - Cardozo (7.44)

Finances - Europe helped rekindle what we had spent on players, we gained little over the season other than that until the big pay day from the league win, another 2.5m in the bank. Thank You Cypriot FA.

14/15 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Semi Finals |n/a           |Champions
15/16 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |1st Rnd     |3Q CL/4Q EL   |Champions

Forgot to mention I had numerous offers from England, enquiries for my services from the likes of Watford, Reading, Coventry, West Ham and League One's Wigan who offered my a contract, with nothing to spend and just 11k a week wage budget! James McCarthy was still there and on 29k p/w....jeez. Rejected them all. At Alki I have Europe to contend with again and the Coca Cola Cup to win, plus my contract is not up for another season yet.

Kola Anubi has some great mental attributes. Europe was unlucky in the draws you got the group stages alone would earn you some cash and high profile games. Any plans to move once your contract expires?

Kola Anubi has some great mental attributes. Europe was unlucky in the draws you got the group stages alone would earn you some cash and high profile games. Any plans to move once your contract expires?

No not yet, just signed a new contract til June 2020. Currently in July 2016. Have unfinished business here but am still being targeted by English clubs, Derby this time round.

Have sold a player to enhance the budget more, so have plenty of money to bring in new talent and some experienced players.

I have just started to be offered jobs in England but prefer to stay in a new league for now.

Want to steer clear of England for a few years to come yet, have Argentina to move to prior to them, with Guatemala and Nigeria as back up or jobs towards the end of the career.

Argentina? Good choice ;)

Yep, have no real preferance of club although taking a possible falling giant of Argentinian football. River are currently quite low in the first division at the moment, would love the oppurtunity to manage them and restore them to where they belong.

2016/17 - Alki Larnakas - Cypriot Marfin Laiki League

Transfer Budget: 3m Wage Budget: 39k p/w

Transfers - 8 In (1.9m) & 13 Out (3m)

We needed to strengthen for Europe. So in came Blazic, Nijhuis, de Weijze, Al-Harbi, Essien, Joseph, Castaneda and Chavez and out went no end of dead wood plus Cardozo and Yankulov the latter by half of the chairman.

League - 1st (Champions)

It was a much tighter than previous titles as Anothorsis pushed us all the way. We drew a few games too many at the beginning of the season where Anothorsis won all their games. We managed to overtake them with 6 games to go as we beat them 1-0 at home, we won the next four to win the title but lost our penultimate game of the season, which was our first.

Cypriot Cup - Winners

We defeated Omonoia, Achna, Nea Salamina and AEL on route to the final against Anothorsis, where we won 2-1 to achieve my first Cypriot cup win.

Cypriot Super Cup - Winners

A drab match which we won with a solitary goal from Nussey.

Champions League - 3rd in Group E

We beat Rosenborg on away goals, Olimi Rustavi comfortably and the play-offs with FH were a little tighter than was expected but we were in the Champions League proper where we were drawn against Inter, PSV and Benfica. We managed one win and three draws to give us 3rd place, into the Europa League we went.

Europa League - 1st KO Round

Wasn't given a chance to progess really, a very strong round teams wise, where we were drawn against Lyon, we lost both legs but only 1-0 in each, a decent pair of results in fact.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Scorer - Blazic (29)

Most Assists - Rogalski (20)

Most MOMs - Blazic & Kolev (7)

Ave Rating - Kolev (7.40)

Finances - improved leaps and bounds with around 8mil from Europe, 4m domestically and 1mil from transfers. Our facilities are in for an upgrade.

15/16 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |1st Rnd     |3Q CL/4Q EL   |Champions
16/17 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Winners     |1st KO EL     |Domestic Treble

An impressive season. :thup: That was a tough Champions League group too so you did well to get third - and only a point off second as well.

Good luck for the season ahead :)

Yeh a decent season that one, winning everything domestically and good progress in Europe. Been given another decent set of budgets to work with. Hopefully can improve the squad further more.

Disgusted with my chairman, first he sold my keeper last season, just sold my current keeper and now just accepted a bid for star CB Essien. The bid accepted is more than 4 times his face value but we don't need the money..we've got 20m in the bank. grrrr.

Being linked with jobs in Argentina, including Argentinos, Independiente and River, will jump at the oppurtunity if one comes in.

2017/18 - Alki Larnakas - Cypriot Marfin Laiki League

Transfer Budget: 5m Wage Budget: 52k p/w

Transfers - 12 In (2m) & 15 Out (5.5m)

Loads in and a few more out. The main signings were, Smiljanic, Chavez (before being sold) and Savelsberg. My chairman sold Chavez and Essien over my head for a combined 5.5m.

League - 1st (Champions)

A comprehensive league title to make it four in a row. It took 8 games to get to the top of the league and we never looked back from there.

Cypriot Cup - Winners

We beat Anorthosis, AEL and Pafos on route to the final where we beat Apollon 1-0 in the final.

Cypriot Super Cup - Runners-Up

We lost to Anorthosis 1-0 in the final

Champions League - 4th in Group A

We beat Siroki Brijeg, Standard and IFK Goteborg to get through to the group stages. We drew Schalke, Inter and Chelsea in the group, we got two points. Drawing with Schalke twice.

Team Sheet/Stats

Best Player - Blazic

Other Notable Player - Savelsberg

Finances - We spent a bit but got that back and more through Champions League and player sales.

16/17 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Winners     |1st KO EL     |Domestic Treble
17/18 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Winners     |4th GrpA in CL|Domestic Double

As you can see this isn't a very thorough write up as I'm falling out of love with Alki, my chairman selling players and my players not signing new contracts. Blazic and Papakyriakou my best players have agreed contracts with other teams and others will not sign new contracts. Basically I'm looking to leave, move to Argentina to one of the big clubs hopefully.

Nice bank balance you have there, making progress in Europe I know you only drew but you were never thrashed by any of the teams. Dominating domestically now as well, good luck in Europe next season with a bit of luck in the draw might be able to get somewhere.

Well I've resigned, was given 9m to spend in the close season but its time for a change, I don't want to be at a club where I'm not in charge. I leave a legacy for who ever replaces me, 24m in the bank, Champions League, a domestic double to retain.

I leave the club after 1793 days in charge, 4 titles and 3 cup wins. This has given me a World Class status but my attributes do not speak for this.

Manager Profile | Personal | History

It's Hammer time!

Its not the team I would have plumped for but after declearing interest in a couple of teams in Argentina who's managers were at risk of the sack and nothing came back I thought I'd take this oppurtunity.

West Ham offered me a 4 year contract 'til 2022 but I negotiated just a one year deal. This deal giving me a gigantic wage increase from £1800 quid a week at Alki to 57k a week. :D

west_ham_crest.jpg

Information

west_ham_crest.jpg

Predicted to finish 9th this season, the Hammers are in a small crisis, finishing 14th last season, they are on a downward slope. Finances are stated as Okay, but closer inspection see's them at just over 7m. I have been given just 650k to spend on new players and 820k p/w to spend on wages.

The Squad

They have some decent players, Steven Defour is the best, the captain and a reason for joining. Other key players; Joe Hart, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Gojko Kacar, Steven Fletcher and Artem Milevskyi. We have an ageing squad with many players at 30/31. I will look to cull the squad, ridding the ageing players (the high earners at least)

The Future

I think with that I can achieve at least 11th/12th place with what I've got to work with. With little to spend, I will need to sell to buy. Though we do have some decent young players that I can rely on to help us no end. I need to bring in 2/3 AMCs to be able to use my preferred formation, loans will be my friend.

Good move, I look forward to reading this chapter of your career. It will take some doing but eventually it's pretty easy to make money with an prem team, should be able to build a decent team within a few seasons. Good luck dude.

Good move, I look forward to reading this chapter of your career. It will take some doing but eventually it's pretty easy to make money with an prem team, should be able to build a decent team within a few seasons. Good luck dude.

I probably only looking to stay at West Ham for a maximum of two seasons. I want to manage River, Boca, Independiente or Argentinos before returning to the Prem, or to help a fallen giant back to where they belong. This move was good for the CV.

Archived