[FM10] Continent Hopping Happy Chappy...well maybe

ToMexico!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorted out my backroom staff for Chelsea over the course of the first half of the season. I've brought in quite a few world class and continental reputation coaches and scouts costing a combined 2.6m. The following came in; Chris Kirkland, Ever Banega, Leandro Morales, Macaualey Christanus, Gabriel Batistuta, Clarence Seedorf, Aitor Karanka, Fabio Mahseredijan, Cesc Fabregas, Esteban Cambiasso, Mehmet Scholl and Wayne Rooney.

So if my staff had a football team if would look like this;

GK - Igor Akinfeev (AssMan)

DC - Thomas Vermaelen (Youth Coach)

DC - Sebastian Bassong (Coach)

DC - Aitor Karanka (1st Team Coach)

DM - Ever Banega (Coach)

DM - Esteban Cambiasso (1st Team Coach)

MC - Cesc Fabregas (Coach)

MC - Clarence Seedorf (1st Team Coach)

MC - Mehmet Scholl (Scout)

ST - Wayne Rooney (Coach)

ST - Gabriel Batistuta (Coach)

2025/26 - Chelsea - English Premiership Division

Transfer Budget: 46.5m Wage Budget: 1.5m p/w

Transfers - 6 In (56m) & 17 Out (33m)

There were no further transfers into the club in January following the summer transfer window. Though three players did leave, one for good in Oscar to Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan for 8.25m and two on loan. Mohamed Doumbia was loaned to Walsall and Abdelhadi Saykouk went to Portsmouth.

League - 1st (Champions)

We won the league at what seemed a canter, there were only two real challengers, my fellow London teams in Arsenal and Tottenham, but then they were quite a way back throughout the season. However it did take six game weeks to reach the summit and from there on we never looked back. We only lost 4 games all season those to Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd and Birmingham all high flying sides.

Community Shield - Winners

My first visit to Wembley where we would play Aston Villa another high flying side. We got of to a bad start conceding a penalty in the 25th minute. Wright equalised a few minutes later and thats how the game finished after 90minutes. So to penalties where we won 4-2, without missing a penalty.

FA Cup - 4th Round

A pretty shocking competition for us. We managed to beat Championship side Burnley earning us a 4th round tie with thorn in my side Tottenham. We drew the home leg 1-1 which was a good result but we were truly humbled in the replay at White Hart Lane, 4-1.

League Cup - Winners

My second cup win for Chelsea, we managed to beat Plymouth, Arsenal and Man Utd on the way to the Semi Finals. We met Southampton there where we won 5-2 on aggregrate. Again we met Tottenham and after 90 minutes the result was 1-1, so to penalties where we bloomed with confidence to win 5-3, scoring all five of our spot kicks.

Champions League - Winners

Straight into the group stages for us where we were drawn against Real Madrid, Fenerbahce and PSV. We had a poor group performance but managed to scrape through in the last game of the stage. We dispatched Benfica in the next round 4-2 on aggregate to set up a Quarter Final against Arsenal. We drew the first leg 1-1 away at The Emirates, we managed a 0-0 draw at home to go through on the away goal. We met Aston Villa in the Semi-Final. The first leg was at home and in a thrilling game we won 5-3. We were 4-0 up at half time, Villa pulled it back to 4-3 before we snatched an important goal towards the end of the game. Away at Villa Park we managed another 0-0 second leg draw to put us into the final against Athletico Madrid.

Ath Madrid had become a force in European football so we knew we would be up against it and they soon showed when we were 2-0 down after 33mins. Wright pulled one back before half time to give us hope. We came out in the second half and set about destroying Madrid, Escalante scoring just after half time to set the win up. The winner didin't come until late, the fourth minute of extra time infact when captain Daniel Bender dispatched a penalty to win us the game.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Goalscorer - Santos (39)

Most Assists - Wright (20)

Most MOM - Wright (11)

Average Rating - Wright (7.61)

Finances - We sat around the zero mark all season due to the transfer but winning in Europe kept us in the black month to month. The league win gave us 20m and the Champions League revenue another 20m. We sat around the 33m figure but the board decided to then spend 10m on 7000 odd new seats to increase the capacity of Terry Arena.

Season|Team             |League              |Finished|Cup         |Continental   |Other
09/10 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Board Takeover
10/11 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Champions
11/12 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |3rd     |n/a         |n/a           |Champions
12/13 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Champions
13/14 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|5th     |1st Rnd     |n/a           |- 
14/15 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Semi Finals |n/a           |Champions
15/16 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |1st Rnd     |3Q CL/4Q EL   |Champions
16/17 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Winners     |1st KO EL     |Domestic Treble
17/18 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Winners     |4th GrpA in CL|Domestic Double
18/19 |West Ham         |Premier League      |11th    |5th Rnd     |n/a           |-
19/20 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |12th    |n/a         |n/a           |-
20/21 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |5th     |n/a         |n/a           |-
21/22 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |2nd     |PreLim      |2nd Rnd       |- 
22/23 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |2nd     |1st Rnd     |Semi Final    |Opening Stage Winners
23/24 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |1st     |1st Rnd     |Winners       |Double Winners
24/25 |Chelsea          |Premier League      |1st     |5th Rnd     |n/a           |Champions
25/26 |Chelsea          |Premier League      |1st     |LC Winners  |CL Winners    |Quadruple 

Great season well done, I am surprised that Santos didn't have a higher average rating after scoring so many goals is he inconsistent?

Champions league final looked a wide open end to end game judging from the match stats.

Great season well done, I am surprised that Santos didn't have a higher average rating after scoring so many goals is he inconsistent?

Champions league final looked a wide open end to end game judging from the match stats.

Indeed Santos was inconsistant, would score a hat-trick, brace and four goals in a row but wouldn't score for 3 or 4 games. Santana's age got the better of him really and only scored a few. It's a good job I had the likes of Wright and the other midfielders to pick up the pieces.

Hopefully I will get a decent budget to bring in a reserve striker and a much needed new goalkeeper and reserve goalkeeper as Chambon is leaving on a bosman.

European U19 Championship Qualifying 2nd Round - Group 7

After breezing through the first round of qualifying in Norway the next round would start to sort the men from the boys. We were drawn up against Croatia, Israel and Switzerland. I felt confident in beating all three teams.

England U19 5-1 Croatia U19

We pretty much wiped the floor with the Croats. We had plenty of chances to score before we did but when we eventually scored it opened the floodgates. MOM - Stephen Bell

Switzerland U19 0-3 England U19

A few changes were made as this game was just two days after the last one so a few players were tired after their long domestic season. Last games MOM Stephen Bell opened the scoring and that added to after the break by Derby's Ged Hicks, scoring a brace on the 49th and 54th minutes. MOM - Matt Oakes

England U19 4-0 Israel U19

Once again more changes were made but still the same result, a win. Again Bell opened the scoring, Murphy scored a penalty minutes later. Norwich's Hadfield extended the lead and Blackburn's John Farquharson scored on his debut to finish the rout. MOM - Stephen Bell

Final Group Standing

Stephen Bell's performances promted me to scout the player who played for Sheffield Wednesday. Worth over 5m at the age of 17, Diego Milito reported back that just under 7m would secure his services. Bid place, contract offered, Bell coming on 1st July.

Soon after the group stages for the actual finals were drawn. We have been drawn with Belgium, France and Italy.

A great season with Chelsea. :thup: Love the stuff you are doing with the U19s too. Youth international management is always good foe establishing 'favoured personel' relationships with the stars of the future ;)

A great season with Chelsea. :thup: Love the stuff you are doing with the U19s too. Youth international management is always good foe establishing 'favoured personel' relationships with the stars of the future ;)

Cheers DodgeeD. Certainly a great season with Chelsea and I'm hoping for another next season, hopefully winning the FA Cup too. International management has been pleasant so far and will be sure to bring in a few of the stars of the future like Bell.

U19 European Championship

Off to Germany for the finals and the chance of my first piece of international silverware. We started the group stage against the Belgians.

England U19 3-0 Belgium U19

We were ruthless showing our intent from the off and put three past the poor Belgian defence. Hadfield, Murphy and Guy all on target. MOM - Jamie Guy

Italy U19 1-1 England U19

A much sterner test for England against Italy and it showed. Italy took the lead after just 3 minutes. It took us until the second half to score the equaliser but we were on tenter hooks just after as John Farquharson got second off for a second bookable offence. MOM - Jamie Hurst

France U19 0-2 England U19

We struggled throughout the first 87 minutes. A substitute Charlie Ferguson took matters into his own hands and scored a quickfire brace to seal the win. MOM - Charlie Ferguson

Results and Final Group Table

England U19 5-3 Spain U19

What a semi-final, we quickly fell behind but Livingston equalised. In form Charlie Ferguson put us ahead going into half time. Intot the second half Ferguson extended our lead. Surprisingly Spain fought back and levelled the game, through two goals from Israel. I sent on a couple of substitutes, that helped as Jamie Guy scored to put us ahead and the other sub Stephen Bell made sure of the tie. We were into the final.

We would play ze Germans!

Germany U19 1-4 England U19

Both teams started shakily but soon after settled into end to end chances. We took the lead through Jamie Guy and went into the break in the lead. We look sat to win the final without conceding but the Germans equalised with 5mins to go. To extra time we went, our players were jaded but we had as much chance as they did. The first half of extra time was goaless. Just after the turnaround we took the lead through Charlie Ferguson, Stephen Bell extended the lead and Ged Hicks completed the rout. We were Champions. MOM - Stephen Bell

U19 International Friendly

Off to Dalymount Park in Dublin for the first friendly of the season for the U19. A new look squad was selected but it still had a decent core of the team from the summer including Bell, Hicks and Ferguson.

Ireland U19 0-4 England U19

We didn't take long to settle in as new first choice striker Ged Hicks scored after just 10 minutes. 10 minutes later he doubled his and Englands tally to two. 2-0 at half time. A few changes for the second half and a few debuts were handed out. My very own Stephen Bell, a starter for Chelsea now, scored with half an hour to go to make it 3-0. Debutant John Avery scored his first goal for England coming on at MC. MOM - Stephen Bell

In other news the Euro U19 Championship 1st Qualifying Groups have been drawn. We have a reletively easy group in Luxembourg, Bosnia and Switzerland. All three games will be played in Switzerland in September.

Oh ok cool... just one question where do i upload just the new zealand comp is it in the game already?

Download the file then following below put it into editor data

Owner > Documents > Sports Interactive > FM10 > editor data

When you start a new game a box should come up where you can change the leagues loaded and add your new one it. Then go from there.

U19 European Championship Qualifying First Round Group 10

As I said in my last update we were drawn against Luxembourg, Bosnia and Switzerland. All three games were played over the space of 5 days in Switzerland. More changes were made to the squad as injuries took their toll rather than the players being too old.

Luxembourg U19 1-3 England U19

I told the team not to get complacent as we had made a few changes to the team, mainly defence. They got complacent, we took a 1-0 lead into half time, Charlie Ferguson with the goal. Luxembourg did have one goal disallowed for offside and Chelsea youth goalkeeper Cherubin Mukeba saved a penalty. Into the second half we continued to struggle and Luxembourg equalised. This shook the team into gear and Ferguson got his second moments later. Ferguson completed his hat-trick minutes from time with a well executed shot. MOM - Charlie Ferguson

England U19 5-2 Bosnia & Herzogovina U19

For the fans this time England and we came out winners comfortably. Numero uno striker Ged Hicks was injured, his form wasn't great anyway so he was replaced by Elliot Cartwright. He made an instant impact scoring after just nine minutes. Things were quiet until just before half time when Cartwright scored his and Englands second. In form AMC Ferguson put Bosnia to the sword with a goal of his own in first half injury time. After half time Bosnia came out fighting and scored a goal of their own after 56 minutes. Ferguson decided to take things into his own hands and score again just two minutes later. Ferguson completed his second successive hat-trick by blasting the ball past an on rushing Bosnian goalkeeper. Bosnia were going down fighting and scored their second with 5 minutes to go. MOM - Charlie Ferguson

Switzerland U19 0-3 England U19

Its the Charlie Ferguson show again as he hit another hat-trick in a 3-0 win. Ferguson opened the scoring after just 12 minutes to give the visitors the lead. He quickly doubled Englands lead on 35 minutes and just a minute later scored his and Englands third goal to seal victory in the first half. MOM - Charlie Ferguson

Final Group 10 Table

Aston Villa's Charlie Ferguson was the name of everyone's lips, with those sort of performances I'm sure he can go a long way in the future. I'm going to scout him right now and see whether Diego Milito thinks he is good enough for Chelsea. An incredible 9 goals in 3 games in 5 days.

The U19 Euro Championship Second Qualifying Round Groups have been drawn. We go into group six along with Albania, Ireland and Scotland.

England U19 International Friendly

This was our customary March international friendly and this time it was against Hungary at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry. Injuries plagued the squad right up to the day before when my LB had to pull out with a broken ankle, we had only 19 players in the squad. I selected the strongest line up I could and we went out with the intention to win.

England U19 3-0 Hungary U19

I knew we would win this match so I told the lads to go out there and enjoy the match. Elliott Cartwright got us off to a good start scoring after an unlucky 13 minutes in which we had a penalty shout turned down and a goal disallowed. AMC Spencer Rowley scored Englands second shortly after to make the game comfortable. We took that two-nil lead into half time. Nothing specific was said at half time, just for the lads to keep going. 10 minutes into the second half talisman Charlie Ferguson scored a well executed move to put us 3-0 up. Hungary had the oppurtunity to score from the spot but Arpad Foldes hit the post with his penalty kick. MOM - Charlie Ferguson

European U19 Championship Qualifying Second Round Group 6

A few changes were made to the squad a few other players drafted in. Stephen Bell joined Charlie Ferguson in the AMC position and also Chelsea's own James Tomlinson slotted back into RB. The rest of the squad was pretty much kept the same as the friendly v Hungary.

England U19 7-0 Albania U19

We started a little nervously but on form talisman Charlie Ferguson broke the deadlock after 26mins. Arsenal youth defender John Freeman scored a bullet header at the near post to make it 2-0. Chelsea's Stephen Bell scored 10 minutes later to make it 3-0 at half time. After the break we started a little slowly again so I made a couple of substitutions to freshen up the side. Charlie Ferguson broke the second half duck by scoring a well timed efford from the edge of the area to make it 4-0. Another sub was immediately brought on, Luke Williams replaced Elliott Cartwright. He took no less than 5 minutes to score his first goal of the game. Quarter of an hour later he scored his second and Englands sixth. Williams completed his hat-trick after pouncing on a rebound when Ferguson missed his chance to score his own hat-trick. MOM - Luke Williams

Scotland U19 0-6 England U19

We travelled north and across the border to Scotland and Paisley to the home of St Mirren. It took just 49 seconds for the scoring to get underway and that man again Charlie Ferguson scored a header at the far post. Just 4 minutes later he scored his second to make it 2-0. Luke Williams joined in the fun scoring his first goal of the game after 23minutes. Playmaker Matt Oakes scored a well crafted goal to make it 4-0 going into half time. We were given a penalty just after the restart and Charlie Ferguson stepped up to make it 5-0 and give him his fourth hat-trick in six games. Stephen Bell got in on the act scoring with 15mins to go to make it 6-0. Scotland had a chance or two to score a goal of their own but suberb defending blotted out any real chance, yet another suberb performance from the under 19s. MOM - Charlie Ferguson

Ireland U19 0-5 England U19

We travelled to Dalymount Park in Dublin to play this final group 6 fixture having already qualified. I wasn't going to hold on though, playing a full strength side again to try and pretty much humiliate Ireland again. I didn't want to pile too much pressure on the team so I told them to do it for the fans. Again we were off the mark quickly, just a minute gone and Luke Williams scored to make it 1-0. And thats how the first half finished. I encouraged the young lads out for the second half and Williams took it into his own hands to score his second goal on 49mins. Nick Drake scored his first goal for the U19s to make it 3-0, we were looking comfortable again. A crisp quick passing move saw Stephen Bell finish off the move for his first of the game to make it 4-0. Five minutes later, Ireland were digging themselves into more trouble, Andy McKeever scoring an own goal to make it five-nil. MOM - Luke Williams

Final Group Table

I am very pleased to have qualified so easily, easy run-outs for the players to be truthful and long may the goalscoring exploits continue. Quite a number of my players have been playing at U20, U21 level so have that experience and quality so that is really helping.

So far in my U19 management career we have played 17 games, winning 15 and drawing the other two. We've scored 62 goals and conceded just 10 goals. Thats pretty immense, but I am thinking bigger now. Maybe the step up to U21 level, either with England if possible or another decent European nation. There would be the option up International management of a lesser nation like Sweden, Norway, Serbia etc.

2026/27 - Chelsea - English Premiership Division

Transfer Budget: 51.16m Wage Budget: 1.8m p/w

Transfers - 11 In (49.5m) & 10 Out (2.6m)

Out with the old in with the new. I released four ageing players and loaned out 5 players to gain first team experience. My only player sale was Ian Kelly to Bolton for 1m, his contract was running out this summer.

We lacked youth players and I wanted to sort that out. However there were a few key areas which needed adding to, we had no goakeepers for instance. Our first player in was Daniel Sloane who joined for free from Real Madrid. Next in was Stephen Bell, first spotted him from my England U19 squad and playing for Sheff Weds at the time, I scouted him and amazingly they only wanted under 7m, signed him straightaway. Liverpool's James Herring was in next, the goalkeeper would be back up for whoever I could get in for first choice. I scouted a few youth players and brought them in next to bolster the U18s. Chavdar Naydenov, Yassine Marx and Kostadin Donchev joined for a combined 1m. AS Monaco's Jean-Philippe Mauger joined next as a future star for 6.25m. I found the first choice GK I needed, Dan Pitman joined for 12.5m from CSKA Moscow.

Carlos Braganca was next in, another youth player and a goalkeeper for the future if he turns out well, 120k from Sporting is a snip. Next in was a highly rated central defender James Mitchell from Burnley. I spent 10m on him which may seem too high but it turned out to be money well spent. My last signing was Charlie Ferguson from Aston Villa who I was managing in the U19s, his amazing three hat-tricks in a row, that made my mind up to scout him, Diego Milito went mental about him, I spent 13m on him, again steep but will pay off in the future.

Community Shield - Runners Up

We were pitted against Tottenham at Wembley and we lost 2-0. We were pretty poor, we only had a few pre-season games as Euro U19 took most of my time up. So we were unprepared at best.

European Super Cup - Winners

We headed to the Stade Louis II in Monaco for my fist Super Cup. We were up against Europa League winners Fiorentina. We took some time to get a foot-hold in the game but Franciso Santos score the first of the game just before the half hour mark. Chris Wright scored a quickfire second to put us in command. Santos scored his second in the dieing minutes to finish the game 3-0.

League - 2nd

Another decent campaign which ended in heartbreak. We never went below 2nd place all season. Man City were our only challengers all season and they went on to win the title on goal difference on the last day of the season. What ****es me off even more is that City scored their "title winning" goal in the 6th minute of injury time when only 4 minutes was scheduled. We lost just one match this season to Man City at Eastlands midway through the season.

Club World Championship - Winners

We only played two games in this years tournament gaining Byes in the first two rounds. In the semi-final we were drawn against Saudi Arabia's Al-Ittihad, we comfortably won 5-2, Bell (2), Wright, Santos and McNally the scorers. We were into the final and we were up against my former club Arsenal di Sarandi. Former player of Arsenal, Ignacio Escalante scored a penalty to put us 1-0 up. Ismael, the Brazilian AMC pegged us back and thats how it start until extra time. In the 112th minute Chris Wright scored the winner to complete a double.

League Cup - Winners

We dispatched Bristol Rovers comfortably 8-0 in the 3rd Round, Santos (3), Bell (2), Wright (2) and Mat Rits the scorers. In the 4th round we beat Sheffield United, West Ham in the Quarter Final and set up a semi-final against Arsenal. We defeated them over two legs on a 7-2 aggregate score, 5-1 in the home second leg. In the final we were matched up against Aston Villa, in a close encounter we beat them 1-0 with a goal from Ignacio Escalante. Treble complete.

FA Cup - Winners

The 3rd round saw us against QPR, we beat them 3-0. Soon after we beat Walsall (4-0), Sheff Utd (1-0) and Leeds (3-0). In the semi-final we were up against West Brom, we beat them 3-0 at Wembley with goals from Charlton (a first goal for the club in 150apps), Santos and youth player Jamie Guy. We travelled back to Wembley for the final against Manchester United, we blew them away 3-1, the ageing captain Jamie Burnell, Carlos Navas and Ignacio Escalante scoring the goals. Quadruple complete.

Champions League - Winners

We were drawn against Sporting Portugal, Anderlecht and Slovan Liberec in the group stage. We took 16 points from the possible 18, the dropped points in the opening group game against Sporting. The first knockout round was against Turkish side Fenerbahce, we drew the first leg but won the second leg 3-2 at home, for a 4-3 aggregate win. We met fellow group stage competitors Anderlecht. Again we drew the first leg although this time at home. We thrashed them 3-0 away in Belgium to send us through to the Semi Final. Juventus were the next opponents, we beat them 3-1 in the first leg Robbie Douglas the hero by scoring twice. We lost the return leg 2-1, with Daniel Sloane first goal for the club securing the aggregate win.

For the second season running we met Athletico Madrid in the final. In a very tight game at Lansdowne Road, Dublin we hardly had a chance whereas Madrid had chance after chance. Fransisco Santos scored the winner in the 91st minute. Quintuple complete.

Team Sheet/Stats

Top Goalscorer - Santos (41)

Most Assists - Santos (21)

Most MOM - Wright (13)

Average Rating - Wright (7.72)

Finances - the finances took a huge nose dive as transfers took their toll. We recouped them towards the end of the season when prize money was rewarded and Champions League TV revenue was paid out.

Season|Team             |League              |Finished|Cup         |Continental   |Other
09/10 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Board Takeover
10/11 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Champions
11/12 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |3rd     |n/a         |n/a           |Champions
12/13 |Waikato          |NZ Championship     |1st     |n/a         |OFC Winners   |Champions
13/14 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|5th     |1st Rnd     |n/a           |- 
14/15 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Semi Finals |n/a           |Champions
15/16 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |1st Rnd     |3Q CL/4Q EL   |Champions
16/17 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Winners     |1st KO EL     |Domestic Treble
17/18 |Alki             |Cypriot Marfin Laiki|1st     |Winners     |4th GrpA in CL|Domestic Double
18/19 |West Ham         |Premier League      |11th    |5th Rnd     |n/a           |-
19/20 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |12th    |n/a         |n/a           |-
20/21 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |5th     |n/a         |n/a           |-
21/22 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |2nd     |PreLim      |2nd Rnd       |- 
22/23 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |2nd     |1st Rnd     |Semi Final    |Opening Stage Winners
23/24 |Arsnl de Sarandi |Argentine PremDiv   |1st     |1st Rnd     |Winners       |Double Winners
24/25 |Chelsea          |Premier League      |1st     |5th Rnd     |n/a           |Champions
25/26 |Chelsea          |Premier League      |1st     |LC Winners  |CL Winners    |Quadruple 
26/27 |Chelsea          |Premier League      |2nd     |Winners     |CL Winners    |LC, CWC, ESC winners

I thought I would show you a few other pieces of information.

Manager Profile

Coaches

Physios/Scouts

Scouting Knowledge

So close to the most perfect season, pity you couldn't find that one extra goal. Planning to move on any time or sticking with Chelsea for awhile?

So close but so far, although five out of seven competition is pretty decent. Losing the title on goal difference hurt a little so I want to avenge that. I have no intention to move on yet. Maybe another 2 seasons at the top with Chelsea before moving to Qatar or back to Argentina for a season or two. Well thats the plan. I do however have my eye on the odd team that have fallen to the wheyside slightly, so maybe that is an option.

With every club I manage I am interested in increasing my scouting network and increase the overall scouting knowledge. So bringing in many coaches and scouts that vary in nationality. When my limits on coaches and scouts increased I jumped at the chance to fill them again. I brough in Robert Ibertsberger (Austrian) from Salzburg, Irakli Geperidze (Georgian) from Dinamo Bucherest and Pavel Nekhaychik (Belarussian) as coaches and Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Jamaican) and Budimir Vujacic (Montenegran) as scouts to increase my knowledge to 58%.

I've created this map to show the extent of my knowledge. This shows the untapped areas which makes up a vast percentage of knowledge that I don't have/know about.

England U19 International Friendlies

We played two international friendlies before competing in the Euro U19s in Turkey.

Denmark U19 0-3 England U19

We travelled to Aalborg for this friendly. A few changes were made due to injury and fatigue but we kept the same general first eleven. Ferguson scored twice and Williams the other in a comfortable victory.

England U19 5-2 Ireland U19

Another dominated game on our behalf but I was a little worried by conceding two goals to Ireland, when we had in the previous six games. Ferguson kept up his great form with two more goals.

2027 European U19 Championships

We travelled to Turkey in high spirits and the chance to win a second consecutive Euro U19 competition. We were entered into Group B alongside Turkey, Holland and France. So a much tougher group than previously in the qualifiers.

Turkey U19 1-2 England U19

We took the lead early on inevitably through Ferguson. Into the second half Turkey equalised through Erdem Demir a player I had previously scouted. We re-took the lead through talisman Ferguson from the spot. Nick Drake was sent off for a second bookable offence with minutes to go, resulting in a penalty and a chance to equalise, they missed their spot kick and the game ended 2-1.

England U19 3-2 Holland U19

We travalled to Izmir for the second group game. Holland a much tougher opposition than Turkey but I felt confident that the players could come through with a win. Both teams started the game well, with chances coming at either end. Just before the half hour mark Luke Williams converted a chance to make it 1-0. After half time Holland took a chance of their own to equalised through Frank Donk. 26 mins past until Charlie Ferguson scored to put us ahead again. John Avery scored again minutes later to put us 3-1 ahead. Holland made it nervy for us scoring through Frank Donk again. The game finished 3-2.

England U19 4-0 France U19

As we had already qualified for the semi-final I rested a few players for this game. The first half saw us dominate as usual, France having just one off target shot to our 16 shots in total. It took half an hour to score though, Spencer Rowley scoring from the spot. Five minutes before half time Elliott Cartwright scored a well rounded goal. And just before the end of the half Charlie Ferguson scored a goal to keep up his scoring record. Into the second half Rowley scored his second goal of the game to make it 4-0, and thats how it finished.

Final Group Table

England U19 2-0 Italy U19

A much tighter affair than against France. We had a few chances but a storming run down the left from Goodwin and a suberb cross supplied the first goal, a own from Marco Baggio. We piled on the pressure from there on in, shots reigning in from everywhere. I subbed Williams for Cartwright in the second half. The change paid off as Cartwright scored our second goal to make it comfortable for us.

Spain U19 0-2 England U19

We met Spain in the final, probably the toughest test of the tournament. They beat France 1-0 to reach the final. XXXXX fans witnessed the final in Instanbul. Spain had the better of the earlier chances but it was us who took the lead, a rebound off the post fell to Stephen Bell to score his first goal of the tournament. We took that 1-0 lead into half time. Into the second half we had plenty of chances to extend the lead, 10minutes in Bell scored his second goal. The game pressed on quickly and ended 2-0. We were champions again.

That infact would be my last game as manager for the U19s. Leaving off the back of another success. Many of the players in this squad will be moving on into the U21s or maybe even first team. In my time in charge (720 days), we played 22 games, winning 20 and drawing the other two. We scored 75 goals at a rate of 3.4 goals per game. In those games Bell scored fifteen and Ferguson scored 30 goals in 18 games. Leaving the U19s would give me an oppurtunity to either move into full international management or free up some time for Chelsea to concentrate to winning back that league title.

Have you retained all the knowledge from the previous countries you have been in? My guy has lost his knowledge of Australia and New Zealand.

Yeh I've lost all my knowledge of Cyprus and only has just under a half of the knowledge of Argentina. Maybe this is something that should be changed for FM11.

I thought that at first but it kind of makes sense, my manager has not been in New Zealand for 10 years so I am guessing he would not know much about the players out there anymore. Then again I don't think that scouts lose their knowledge as the game progresses.

I thought that at first but it kind of makes sense, my manager has not been in New Zealand for 10 years so I am guessing he would not know much about the players out there anymore. Then again I don't think that scouts lose their knowledge as the game progresses.

Yeh, I think if you scout a nation so many times they scout will retain their knowledge for the rest of their career I think. Though I could be wrong. Maybe for FM11 if they could adapt the game slightly to encorporate that in someway it would make it slightly more enjoyable.

I'm going to go look in GD forum for some more info..wish me luck.

Right I've made a decision to take a break from this save. I'm loving this save alot but its a little frustration on the transfers front being priced out for pretty much all my transfer targets. I've also read a few other careers in Asia. Think I will load up a new save and play a few seasons to help reignite the passion for the save.

Great season there ToMexico!! but incredibley unfortunate to miss out on the league the way you did. :eek:

My two cents on the scouting knowledge - I think at least a small yellow part of the bar should stay for anywhere managed in for more than a couple of seasons. After all, our managers never forget all the languages of the countries they've worked in!

Good luck with the new save. I'll be following there too.

Great season there ToMexico!! but incredibley unfortunate to miss out on the league the way you did. :eek:

My two cents on the scouting knowledge - I think at least a small yellow part of the bar should stay for anywhere managed in for more than a couple of seasons. After all, our managers never forget all the languages of the countries they've worked in!

Good luck with the new save. I'll be following there too.

A good point well made DodgeeD. Thanks for your comments on the season and save.

I find the languages thing a bit silly actually - plenty of managers work abroad without ever learning the local language (here in Turkey for example) but they keep contacts in the league long after they've moved on.

I find the languages thing a bit silly actually - plenty of managers work abroad without ever learning the local language (here in Turkey for example) but they keep contacts in the league long after they've moved on.

To be fair it does take a fair bit of time for you to learn the language fully, and you will never forget a language.

• 2 years later...

@ToMexico!! this is so random, but i just stumbled across your blog.. I am one of your first signings (Sam Jasper) for Waikato! I'm a huge FM fan and enjoyed this post!! you probably won't get this but thought id just say, Nice Work!!

Archived