[FM10] Warstones Wanderers-Best club in the Midlands

Liverbird93

After being inspired by many level 10/11 saves using youth products only especially by hrbfcrule I tried to do it myself. Been struggling to get into a save at the moment but hopefully this will keep me interested for many seasons.

Leagues Loaded: English down to Level 11

Large Database

Sunday League Reputation

I will not be making any signings I will be relying on my youth products only.

2009/2010 Season Review

warstoneswanderersnorth1.jpg

My first season in this save started well with a good start and hovering around mid table which was our target at the start of the season. We went on a good run and hit top spot around the halfway mark. With 4 games to go we were top with a game in hand. We managed to get 3 draws and a loss in our last 4 games and finished 2nd on goal difference which was a huge disappointment. Next season should be our year though.

League Table

August 2010 Update

West Mids D1 Home Kidsgrove Reserves 0-0

Not many chances in this match although there were some and they all fell to us but we couldn’t finish them off.

West Mids D1 Away Bishop’s Cleeve Reserves 2-1

We got our first goal of the season through Michael Holmes on his debut. Byron Shutt made it two before half time. They got one back but we hung on for a deserved victory.

West Mids D1 Home Sporting Khalsa 2-0

In a game we dominated an own goal and a goal by O’Donnell saw us run out 2-0 winners.

West Mids D1 Away Newcastle Town Reserves 1-1

We played really well but somehow only managed a draw quite disappointing.

League Table

Not a bad start to the season unbeaten but we should have had 4 wins.

September 2010 Update

West Mids D1------------------- Home--------------AFC Wombourne Utd ---- 2-0

Although they defended well a goal in each half saw us run out comfortable 2-0 winners.

West Mids D1------------------- Away--------------Linotype and Cheadle---- 0-1

In a game we dominated possesion wise we created nothing and all the chances fell to the hosts and they put one away to get a 1-0 win.

West Mids D1------------------- Home--------------Parramore---- 6-0

In a game we totally dominated we won 6-0 with 3 goals in either half and were helped along by 2 penalties.

West Mids D1------------------- Home--------------Alveston---- 2-2

A really good end to end game saw us behind twice but we showed good spirit to fight back twice to get a draw.

League Table

A good month which saw us go top of the table but we are not firing on all cylinders and can really improve.

October 2010 Update

West Mids D1----------Droitwich Spa 1-2 Warstones Wanderers

A great result in a match we didn't deserve to get anything out of we were 2-0 up and then defended for our lives.

West Mids D1----------Hanwood Utd 1-0 Warstones Wanderers

Complete opposite to the last game where I won without deserving to. This time we lost after dominating the whole game.

West Mids D1----------Warstones Wanderers 4-0 Bridgnorth Reserves

A great performance combined with a poor opposition saw us get an easy 4-0 win which took us back to top of the league. Another positive is that Callum SHipton ended his goal drought with a brace.

West Mids D1----------Gamesley 0-3 Warstones Wanderers

This game was 3rd vs 1st and I would have taken a draw but a great performance saw us 3-0 winners thanks to a goal from Barker and a brace by youth prospect Holmes.

League Table

A good month with 3 wins and a defeat but I feel we are starting to get some form now.

November 2010 Update

West Mids D1----------------Warstones Wanderers 2-0 Dudley Utd

A great defensive performance with them not having a single shot and we came away with a good win.

West Mids D1----------------Wellington Amateurs 0-1 Warstones Wanderers

A scrappy win in which Barker got the only goal but they all count.

West Mids D1----------------Warstones Wanderers 3-1 Fairfield Villa

A good win again the game was wrapped up before half time when we were leading 3-0 but they got a consilation late on.

West Mids D1-----------------Warstones Wanderers 3-1 Bishop's Cleeve Reserves

A great hattrick from Barker inside 55 minutes saw us comfortably win 3-1.

League Table

A great month 4 out of 4. If we don't win the league from this position I will be very disappointed.

December 2010 Update

West Mids D1---------------Littleton 1-1 Warstones Wanderers

We conceded a last minute goal which was apparently offside which is a disappointment but the draw was the fairest result anyway.

West Mids D1---------------Kidsgrove Reserves 0-5 Warstones Wanderers

Not much to say that the scoreline doesn't to be honest. We dominated start to finish and the goals kept coming. Two from Barker, 1 from Holmes, Jagielka and Lester.

League Table

A quiet month which saw us extend our lead to 7 points.

January 2011 Update

West Mids D1------------------Sporting Khalsa 0-0 Warstones Wanderers

A very boring game where neither team looked like scoring but I will take this.

West Mids D1-----------------Warstones Wanderers 4-1 Newcastle Town Reserves

Comfortable win where we were 3-0 up at half time and never looked back.

West Mids D1-----------------AFC Wombourne Utd 0-0 Warstones Wanderers

A very boring game in whic neither team looked like scoring.

West Mids D1----------------Warstones Wanderers 2-2 Linotype and Cheadle

An even game which came alive in the second half with 4 goals. Michael Holmes saved us with a brace.

League Table

Not a bad month but not great 3 draws has seen our lead drop to 6 points.

March 2011 Update

West Mids D1-------------------Warstones Wanderers 2-1 Droitwich Spa

A good win with a brace from Luke Jagielka before Droitwich got a late consilation.

West Mids D1-------------------Alveston 1-2 Warstones Wanderers

A good first half and then a very nervous second saw us edge closer to the title.

West Mids D1------------------Warstones Wanderers 2-1 Hanwood Utd

An evenly matched game between the top 2 sides. Which was settled by a late own goal which gave us the win.

League Table

This is the month that has virtually won us the league we are 13 points clear and should win it from here.

April 2011 Update

West Mids D1------------------Bridgnorth Reserves 0-0 Warstones Wanderers

A game in which we never looked like losing but never really had the penetration to win it either.

West Mids D1-----------------Warstones Wanderers 2-0 Gamesley

A solid 2-0 which saw us crowned champions with 4 games to go. Now its time to start preparing for the playoffs.

West Mids D1----------------Dudley Utd 0-0 Warstones Wanderers

A great 10 man defensive performance earned us a 0-0 draw against Dudley Utd.

League Table

A month in which we were crowned champions has to be a good month now we need to focus on the playoffs.

May 2011 Update

West Mids D1------------------Warstones Wanderers 0-0 Wellington Amateurs

Unbelieveable game in the fact we couldn't score against 10 men we really need to find some form soon.

West Mids D1------------------Fairfield Villa 2-1 Warstones Wanderers

In a game we deserved to win we managed to lose and our 20 game unbeaten run has come to an end. If we play like this we will struggle in the playoffs.

West Mids D1-----------------Warstones Wanderers 1-0 Littleton

After losing our star striker Michael Holmes I was wondering where the goals were going to come from but in the last minute a great header from left winger Morrison ended the season on a winning note.

League Table

We go into the playoffs with a much weakened team due to poaching of players and injuries but I am still confident in the boys for promotion.

June 2011 Update

Playoff Semi Final-------------------Warstones Wanderers 1-0 Amesbury

In a very even game we scraped through with a Sean Lester header in the second half of extra time.

Playoff Final---------------------------Warstones Wanderers 0-0 Truro City Reserves

A very even game in which neither team looked like breaking down tough defences. It went to penalties and despite missing twice Warstones Wanderers conquered Truro 3-2 on penalties.

The month we got promoted a great month. Onwards and Upwards.

End of Season Report 2010/2011

A great season in which we were by far the best team in the league which we strolled and ended up winning by 15 points. The only issue was in the playoffs where we were injury struck and came up against some good opposition but we battled through to gain promotion in a very memorable season.

Stars Of the Season

Ryan Giglio- a great season at left back definately one for the future.

Kingsley Chapman- a good season at right back especially in the final of the playoffs.

Luke Jagielka-good solid season at centre back.

Sean Lester- captain fantastic right winger who created and scored chances.

Michael Holmes-a good season for the striker who has left the club which is a disappointment

League Table

League Positions Graph

The target for next season is survival which I think is attainable.

Career Summary

Season-----------------League-------------------------Position---------------------------Achievements

2009/10----------------West Mids D1-----------------2nd--------------------------------None
2010/11----------------West Mids D1-----------------1st--------------------------------Promotion

Pre Season Report

Friendly-------------------Warstones Wanderers 1-0 Fairford

Friendly-------------------Warstones Wanderers 1-0 GH Academy

Friendly-------------------Rocester 0-3 Warstones Wanderers

Friendly-------------------Tipton 1-0 Warstones Wanderers

Friendly-------------------Coleshill 1-1 Warstones Wanderers

Friendly-------------------Atherstone 1-0 Warstones Wanderers

Friendly------------------ Bridgnorth 0-1 Warstones Wanderers

Friendly------------------Studley 0-0 Warstones Wanderers

Some good friendly results there but I don't take much notice to be honest. I think we are ready for the new season.

Archived