JoseRR's FM08 Small Club to Big Club From a Big European Nation Challenge

Good luck with "Munster". you have a bit of pressure to meet the media's expectations! will be interesting to see if you get a takeover, looking at info screen.

sounds like you got a result on the pay-out - maybe i need to break something! icon_biggrin.gif. good luck with the german characters.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Participants

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Player Team Season League Achievements

</pre><hr class="ev_code_hr" />

Rlipscombe Como 10/11 Serie B 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

09/10 Promoted Via Playoffs

iacovone Bayreuth 09/10 Regional Div North

JoseRR Alfaro 08/09 Second Div B2

Freek Teek Munster 08/09 Regional Div West

</pre>

Hmmm maybe I should've read the thread and seen that freek teek is already using Munster...right now to find someone else :p

Brb with a new team :p

Participants

Rlipscombe Como 10/11 Serie B 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

Freek Teek Munster 08/09 Regional Div West

Des Tiny Crailsheim 08/09 Regional Div South

</pre>

Des Tiny moves on and finds himself in the small town of Crailsheim, as the manager of TSV Crailsheim.

Expectations were for the team to avoid relegation, and Des agreed thinking it was better to fight hard, and then he had to look for players to sign as he had a bunch of amateurs on the books. Some of the squad would make the cut, but the rest would be out the door pretty quickly.

There we go I found a team and now I am going to settle in icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Des Tiny moves on and finds himself in the small town of Crailsheim, as the manager of TSV Crailsheim.

Expectations were for the team to avoid relegation, and Des agreed thinking it was better to fight hard, and then he had to look for players to sign as he had a bunch of amateurs on the books. Some of the squad would make the cut, but the rest would be out the door pretty quickly.

There we go I found a team and now I am going to settle in icon_smile.gif

good luck again icon14.gif

Hmm no idea why but it wont let me pick a club in the CFA which is the lowest division in France. I dont feel like starting in National, since the clubs looks so much harder in the CFA.

As a result lets go on holiday somewhere else - Sunny Spain!

Gilbster has been announced as the new manager of Portugalete in the Spanish Second Division B2.

With a media prediction of 20th, a 2 year survival plan from the board and absoluately no starting players apart from 4 U19s, this could be a tough challenge.

First job hire some staff and get any old scout in to start hunting down some players.

I do seem to have Athletic Club as a parent club, so I may get a few loans from them to help out.

Oh well, wish me luck, I dread to think what I have agreed to take on here.

Pruessen Münster: End of Season-Report 2008-2009

*I already played 'till summer 2010, the reason why I haven't updated untill now is because I had a few start/stop saves recently and I wanted to be sure I got into the game before bothering everyone with my progress. Sorry if the first season update is a bit sketchy.

Münster is a rather big club promoted into the newly created Regionalliga West. they already have a 15.000 capacity stadium (only +- 1500 seated tough). They start with a pretty decent squad for their level. The board expected a top-half finish in the first season, and a respectable position in the 3e Bundesliga in 3 years time.

The season started with a bunch of friendlies wich were pretty embarassing. They were mostly against all-grey teams so I'm used to that. Still I wasn't feeling very confident I could meet the 4th place the media expected. The season started off with a 1-1 at home against Nordhorn, but a week later came the real test. Suddenly my carpenter/footballers had to take on Bundesliga-giants Schalke04 in the first round of the DFB-Pokal. Off course we lost, but a 3-1 loss against Kuranyi&co was a lot better than I had hoped. The best part about this all was that our 15k stadium was completely sold out, giving me a nice financial cushion for the rest of the season.

Too bad it was also the highlight of the season. I never really got the feeling we were cruising. Wins against the top teams was often followed by a draw against relegation threatened squads. I shifted tactics a couple of times during the seasons, so all in all I think we were lucky to eventually finish 4th. (wich sounds a lot closer than it was, with Wuppertal and Wilhelmshaven absolutely dominating the league. We finished 19 points from second place, 30(!) from the first.)

Anyway, some screenshots.

league table

trasfers in&out

Season's Best 11

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

relegated icon_frown.gif

Gutted Rlip....hopefully you keep your job.

i know about france, i found that too. i don't think you can play the CFA. better luck in spain.

I found that one as well was strange, hence why I ended up in Germany...

Well I just learnt why I should save more often was moving through the games then had my board complaining about excessive wages...I asked for more money, they sacked me, and then I though ok reload, looked and had nothing saved since the restart date...hmmm whoops...this is getting stupid...not a happy chappy...time to test some waters, but I don't know where I want to play...France sucks no CFA...Italy was fun, but I know the players...could play with real names off, Germany was a great start, but the whole new West division is confusing when they tell me to register for South Div and I am in West. Ok I am going to try Portugal...see you soon and this time fortnightly game saves...

Please someone just shoot me, once I get a game actually started and into it I will tell you,. I will keep watching the thread but I am not going to comment on my own game again til after a season is complete...I look like an idiot otherwise.

Just to warn you, there is a problem with the scheduling of the relegation play-off for the lowest Portugese league, apparently the games don't get scheduled till very late, which means you have to play a lot of games in a short time. I think there's more info in one of Quacky's posts on the first page.

As for the CFA, I heard somewhere the only way to play in the CFA is to get relegated into it. So maybe if you holiday untill short before the league reset date and take over an already relegated team you could let yourself drop into the league. You would start with a rather big team for the league though.

so then, as it's a brand new day and all, i have had time to reflect on my relegation from Serie B. in the end it was pretty close, although my fate was sealed with a game to go, despite a 3-0 win at home to Rimini.

in the end, it all came down to the fact we lost too many matches. our 'win' record was ok, but we needed to have made a few of the defeats draws. i am disappointed obviously, but i recognised at the start of the year that it would be hard to stay up, given our two straight promotions, and i was mentally prepared for relegation.

in some ways, as the old cliche goes, it might be a good thing for us in the long run, as we will be better equipped hopefully to bounce back with an ultimately stronger team. i am certain i can take them back into Serie B in the not too distant future.

as for keeping my job, i am optimistic. all season they were delighted that i was bettering their long term aims, and this has dropped to "hoped i would be performing slightly better". i don't think this is too bad all things considering. the fact our finances are so healthy helps i am sure.

so, life back in Serie C1 it is. i will post an end of season review in the not too distant future.

Des, as for your little 'error' don't let it bother you too much. you won't look like an idiot, plus i for one enjoy reading your updates. i hope, for one, that you post before end of season.....

Well lucky for you I am around and after running 3 games through holiday one each in spain, Portugal and Italy. I have decided to return to my previous love and take on the Italians again, I don't know why but I just love the set up in Italy...Three teams to choose from...well 9 actually but 3 I am thinking about. Domegliara again..? Casale..hmmm? Or Morro D'Oro? Morro is tempting with 3 parent clubs, though I am swinging between Dome again or heading to new pastures in Casale. I don't think i could stand the stadium issue again so decision made...an update when I want to later :p

welcome 'home' to Italy... icon_wink.gif i can see the attraction with 'Dome' again, but they always say don't go back don't they?? plus you have the stadium issue....

your call though. good to see your sticking with the challenge though icon14.gif

It's a shame that there seem to be issues/obstacles in some of the leagues: No promotion/relegation in Holland, restructuring in Germany, CFA not usable in France (anyone know why?), and play-off bug in Portugal....

That leaves Italy and Spain. I've already had a crack at the Italian leagues with the San Marino Double Challenge so I guess that leaves Spain as my summer project. icon14.gif

Des Tiny's Casale 2008/09 Pre-Season Update

History

Associazione Sportiva Casale Calcio is an Italian football club, based in Casale Monferrato, Piedmont. The team's nickname nerostellati (the “the starred-blacksâ€) refers to the team’s colours of black with a white star on the heart. Casale was founded in 1909 as 'Casale Football Club' In May 1913 they became the first Italian club to defeat a professional English team as they defeated Reading FC 2-1. Following this victory they went on to become Italian Champions in 1913/14.

After World War I Casale remained in the top division for a couple of decades, representing what had been the cradle of early Italian football.

With the development of professionalism, Casale was progressively relegated to lower divisions, 1934 being their last year in Serie A.

At the end of the 2005–2006 season Casale finished bottom of Serie C2/A; in 2006–2007 they are competing in Serie D/A, joining their old rivals the “Greys†of Alessandria.

Present Day

June 29th 2008 it was confirmed that A.S. Casale Calcio had been promoted to Serie C2/A for the 2008/09 season. Chairman Nicola Capone came out in front of his long suffering fans to announce that following the standing down of former manager Franco Lerda, that he had searched world wide to come up with his hope for the future from New Zealand in Des Tiny. Nicola had dreams of seeing the club he loved back to the top as they once were, he had whispered in Des Tiny's ear that he would love to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the club's only Serie A victory with a repeat. Des calmed him and said maybe a couple of years later laughing with the press.

The Future

The story is just beginning come along for the ride...

good start Des. Forza Casale. why not dream of Serie A title in 2014??? i'm with the chairman. icon_wink.gif

DodgeeD - it is a shame with the 'bugs' i'm sure Spain will be a good place to play, and i look forward to following your progress.

good start Des. Forza Casale. why not dream of Serie A title in 2014??? i'm with the chairman. icon_wink.gif

I would love to fufill that dream...Winning Serie C2/A 08/09, then winning Serie C1/A 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 in Serie B, 12/13 in Serie A then Champions the following year? Go me :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

I would love to fufill that dream...Winning Serie C2/A 08/09, then winning Serie C1/A 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 in Serie B, 12/13 in Serie A then Champions the following year? Go me :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aim high. why not??

on that basis, i aim to bounce back to Serie B 2001/12, survive 2012/13, consolidate 2013/14, promotion 2014/15, survival 2015/16, europe 2016/17, Serie A champions 2017/18. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

I would love to fufill that dream...Winning Serie C2/A 08/09, then winning Serie C1/A 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 in Serie B, 12/13 in Serie A then Champions the following year? Go me :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aim high. why not??

on that basis, i aim to bounce back to Serie B 2011/12, survive 2012/13, consolidate 2013/14, promotion 2014/15, survival 2015/16, europe 2016/17, Serie A champions 2017/18. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by ashton321:

Right thinking about giving this one ago in Germany, got a little bored of my Icelandic game on Guandos challenge.

Can anyone expleain the promotion relegation from the German lowest Division

first of all, welcome to the challenge. as for the relegation situation, i can't help myself. i don't know if you've checked the whole thread to see if there is any mention earlier in the thread...??

first of all, welcome to the challenge. as for the relegation situation, i can't help myself. i don't know if you've checked the whole thread to see if there is any mention earlier in the thread...??

I have had a brief look through but cannot see much will just give it a crack later and see where it takes me now what screenies am i required to post.

Originally posted by ashton321:

I have had a brief look through but cannot see much will just give it a crack later and see where it takes me now what screenies am i required to post.

Minimum requirements are a starting shot of your profile and your info screen. Then season updates including League Table and transfers. Though a lot more is loved around here icon_smile.gif

Participants

Rlipscombe Como 11/12 Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

10/11 Relegated

Freek Teek Munster 09/10 Regional Div West

Des Tiny AS Casale 08/09 Serie C2/A

Gilbster Portugalete 08/09 Second Div B2

</pre>

re: The German Lower Leagues.

At the start of the game the lowest playable league in Germany is the Regional Division North and South. After the first season the league system is restructured (as it is in real life). There's a new division inserted between the second Bundesliga and the Regional Leagues, the aptly named Third Bundesliga. This division is filled with the teams at the top of the Regional Leagues and the relegated teams from the second Bundesliga. The rest of the teams get divided between the North, South and newly-created West Regional League. The rest of the teams in those leagues are the top of the Oberliga's (highest non-playable league). Wich means about 50% of the teams at the start of the 2008-09 season are elegible for this challenge. In the new season there is one promotion slot per Regional Division (so in total 3 teams get promoted), and three relegation spots.

Portugalete - 2008/09

Well I had intended to put a decent intro in here, and some real information, however on the last day of the season, after a very brave fight, Portugalete got relegated.

A shame really as I had started to line up some better players for the new season, but now I wont get a chance to use them.

Not entirely sure I follow or like this registration limit in Spain.

Transfers

Table

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Portugalete - 2008/09

Well I had intended to put a decent intro in here, and some real information, however on the last day of the season, after a very brave fight, Portugalete got relegated.

A shame really as I had started to line up some better players for the new season, but now I wont get a chance to use them.

Not entirely sure I follow or like this registration limit in Spain.

Transfers

Table

Hard luck Gilb hopefully you will hang around and continue to play with us...maybe take up Italy or Germany icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Participants

10/11 Relegated

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you didn't mess around confirming my relegation Des!! icon_wink.gif

unlucky Gilbster - the registration thing in Spain is something i'm not too keen on either. i hope you stay with the challenge.

Participants

10/11 Relegated

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you didn't mess around confirming my relegation Des!! icon_wink.gif

unlucky Gilbster - the registration thing in Spain is something i'm not too keen on either. i hope you stay with the challenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha just had to it put my black marks out of my mind for a second or two...finally starting to work on building a team in Casale.

Des Tiny 's Casale 2008/09 Pre-Season Update Part II

June 29th 2008

Following the press conference Des pulls on his brand new shirt, in charcoal with a white star over his heart and follows Nicola Capone towards the practise pitch to see what players and staff the team has on contract. As he runs out of the tunnel Des notices a ragtag half dozen players with no sign of coaches although the groundsman appears to be shouting at one of the players who is swinging his legs in turn and ripping up some turf.

Des turns on Nicola and raises one eyebrow before he asks, First off, where are our players boss, and second of all, who is training them?."

Des turns back to watch the players in action as he feels Nicola's arm come to rest across his shoulders, "Des you are looking at the entire club in front of you. As for staff well there is me, you, Guiseppe, and Lucia. Guiseppe, or just Gus is the groundsman over there, he is pretty good and will keep the ground in great shape. Lucia is our shared secretary."

Des' eyes open even wider as he looks at the chairman, "So I take it I have a free rein hiring staff, because I am going to need it. An Assistant Manager and some scouts are the first priority, and if you could look out for a press secretary, as I am not too keen on dealing with the press.

Nicola grabs Des and pulls him into a hug, "Magnifico, I knew you were my man" Des extracts himself from the hug and looks Nicola straight in the eyes.

We've got a deal then, now lets get this club under way, I will go check out the players, you work out how much money I can spend. Then I will find some staff and see what players I can encourage to come here.

Page 3!! \o/. no topless women though... icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

That could be arranged...icon_wink.gif

On the Bayreuth front...there is no Bayreuth front! I've found it impossible to get back into this game and have decided to seek pastures new! rlipscombe, see you in Italia, the espressos are on me icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

Page 3!! \o/. no topless women though... icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

That could be arranged...icon_wink.gif

On the Bayreuth front...there is no Bayreuth front! I've found it impossible to get back into this game and have decided to seek pastures new! rlipscombe, see you in Italia, the espressos are on me icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it could be arranged very easily... might not be appreciated by some though. icon_rolleyes.gif

Another one to arrive on the peninsula. it's a real race to Serie A now!!

My initial profile is dated the 29th June 2008, so then i guess.

if i could give you one piece of advice, and Des would probably back me up, is to pick a club with a decent ground. the difference in finances between his and my game, mainly due to capacity, were huge.

but then again, is that an added challenge??

I do like a challenge icon_wink.gif

I'm holidaying as we speak so when I get my options I'll let you all know icon_smile.gif

Shouldn't be long!

P.S. This may be a challenge, but I'm not racing you...it just wouldn't be fair! icon_frown.gif Sorry to hear about your relegation thoguh, hope you bounce straight back up!

I do like a challenge icon_wink.gif

I'm holidaying as we speak so when I get my options I'll let you all know icon_smile.gif

Shouldn't be long!

P.S. This may be a challenge, but I'm not racing you...it just wouldn't be fair! icon_frown.gif Sorry to hear about your relegation thoguh, hope you bounce straight back up!

I agree. it's all about winning it yourself, and enjoying it, rather than doing it quicker than someone else................

relegation was a bit of a bummer, but i'm confident we can bounce back... kind of icon_biggrin.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

Thats the kind of confidence those Como fans will want to hear! Speaking of them, do you think they've lost confidence in you? This must be a tough time in the rlipscombe household...thoughts are with you icon_razz.gif

i don't think they'll have lost too much confidence, although i haven't checked, as promotions were totally unexpected by everyone, so i hope they realise that they're lucky to be in Serie C1 at all, even without having been in Serie B.

will see how the end of season pans out, but i'd be seriously p***ed off if i was sacked or they hated me.

icon_biggrin.gif

So would I! I'm sure you'll be just fine though, with 2 consecutive promotions they can hardly complain! Have you had to sell anyone? How are the finances looking?

i'm only in early days after the end of the regular season, so not too much yet. a couple have handed in transfer requests, but they were fringe players anyway. i kind of expect finances to still be ok. we've been making money steadily every season, so i expect the 'growth' to slow, rather than a decline set in. we were making approx £100k per month first time in Serie C1, so i'm hoping for the same again. the only thing i am a little worried about is the wage budget, and what i receive.

we shall see.

Archived