crouchaldinho is a SI fan boy .. he allways comes on here to support them ..looks for post

then comes out with his rubbish

We need MapHack for FM

Now that's just getting silly and gives them an excuse to close this thread!

crouchaldinho is a SI fan boy .. he allways comes on here to support them ..looks for post

then comes out with his rubbish

This is a legitimate debate where the community can air it's views about a decision made by the moderators. Don't ruin it by spouting off about fanboys and all of that bollocks.

Not everyone is interested in "learning" - an experience which the likes of FMRTE and Tugs Training are a testament to. You can't just isolate your beliefs that learning is best and try to generalise it across a forum where this view is the majority but with a significant minority.

I'm not doing that at all though. I'm simply giving my opinion. Furthermore, what you are saying is exactly why I feel that having two sections of the tactics forum might well be best. Other forums such as FM Britain do this, so I don't see why it wouldn't satisfy the needs of this community as well.

The trouble with all of these exploits and cheats is that they don't actually help people to learn about football tactics or help them to learn how to play the actual game. That's why you get lots of frustration when a new patch or game comes out.

This part of the forum should be about helping people to create sound tactics and to learn about how to play the game. Posting about cheats and exploits has nothing to do with tactics. It's more about 'beating' the game and I'm personally not in the least bit interested in that.

I'm all for dividing the tactics forum up. Why not have one section where the threads are mainly concerned with generating discussion and helping people, and another section where people just want to upload their tactics without any proper discussion?

I agree. But the point still stands some people just don't want too or just don't have the time.

Dividing the tactics forum up is a great idea and will surely need to be looked at if the SI mods/reps don't want to seem hypocritical.

I'm not having a go at those who want to play like that, although I don't understand the mentality. Rather, I am just saying that this is a tactics forum for tactical discussion, and not a forum for discussing cheats. They ultimately don't help anyone to understand the game and enjoy it, and then the next patch or game comes around you are all back to square one because your cheat won't work anymore.

The past history in this forum hasn't always been like this though, with exploit tactics. The moderators also don't shoot down questions about Diablo tactics with thread closures.

Some legitimate tactics stop working fully after certain patches anyway.

i mean you call it a cheat for one i am using staines in blue sq north my players a crap when the ball gets to im on the edge on 18 yard bax he still has to control the ball shoot from distance and get it through alot of players and you still have to create a decent tactic to get plenty of shots on goal

The past history in this forum hasn't always been like this though, with exploit tactics. The moderators also don't shoot down questions about Diablo tactics with thread closures.

I think that's because the tactics forum doesn't know quite what it is at the moment. It's trying to fit in the people who want to post up a 'plug and play' tactic with no explanation at all, alongside the posters who want to debate and talk about real life tactics, or at least want to explain the principles behind their tactics.

Some legitimate tactics stop working fully after certain patches anyway.

That's not my experience.

I've been using the same tactical ideas through every version. As a result, I never have problems adjusting when a new patch or game is out.

The guys who rely on exploits and cheats are the same people who are incredibly frustrated every time a new patch or game is out. They have to redesign their tactics in order to 'beat' the game. Meanwhile, I just stick with my football ideas based on real life and it has always served me well.

Ok... what I don't want to see, is this area of the forums end up a slanging match. One mindset of players versus another.

Personally, if you want to play the game by using any and every cheat/exploit/bug, then that's entirely your choice. Please also be mindful that there are also a great many people who want to learn about tactics, how to implement them in the game, to whatever degree of success/failure, without using something that overshadows whether a tactic is actually any good or not. Some people want to play the game, as it is, without necessarily having some form of cheat rammed down their throats.

For those of you that do actually wish to discuss this, without visiting the bugs forum, then I'm considering posting a new sticky where you can discuss it to your hearts content. If I do this, I would hope that those posting tactics would then not include the "bug" routine in any tactical posts, but instead steer people in the direction of such a thread.

The reason I'm thinking along these lines, is simply to diffuse any further problems between posters. Let me know your thoughts. If this is the preferred way forward, I will make it reality. I would like to suggest though, that any new tactical posts, refrain from using/describing the corner routine. If I see them, I'll simply merge them with the "Corner Routine Bug" thread.

Heath

i mean you call it a cheat for one i am using staines in blue sq north my players a crap when the ball gets to im on the edge on 18 yard bax he still has to control the ball shoot from distance and get it through alot of players and you still have to create a decent tactic to get plenty of shots on goal

Don't try and justify what is clearly a cheat. Or exploit if you don't like the tag.

I don't post in this forum often but do have a look in quite often. What I see now, is just a proliferation of people who think they are tactical geniuses and shouting about it, but my 4 year old sister could win with this corner tactic.

The essence of this forum is to express real life tactical ideas in FM. This corner exploit is not it. Anyone genuine looking to learn more about how to play proper football in Fm would walk away none the wiser.

Now I in no way suggest that people are unable to play the game how they like, so I would be for a seperate forum for the cheats. Take your corner routines, FMRTE's and whatever else you have and have your own 'dirty' little corner ;)

Sparks - using that word is extremely unnecessary and if you actually read Crouch's posts you'll see that he actually has a very balanced and realistic view of SI and FM.

Don't try and justify what is clearly a cheat. Or exploit if you don't like the tag.

I don't post in this forum often but do have a look in quite often. What I see now, is just a proliferation of people who think they are tactical geniuses and shouting about it, but my 4 year old sister could win with this corner tactic.

The essence of this forum is to express real life tactical ideas in FM. This corner exploit is not it. Anyone genuine looking to learn more about how to play proper football in Fm would walk away none the wiser.

Now I in no way suggest that people are unable to play the game how they like, so I would be for a seperate forum for the cheats. Take your corner routines, FMRTE's and whatever else you have and have your own 'dirty' little corner ;)

Sparks - using that word is extremely unnecessary and if you actually read Crouch's posts you'll see that he actually has a very balanced and realistic view of SI and FM.

I think you have misunderstood the 'essence' of this thread.

CROUCHINO you need to understand that some people just want too hammer every1 and have fun, let those people get on with it.

Of course I understand that people want to play that way.

I'm just trying to explain my views on why it tends to cause problems for them in the long run. I'm also giving my opinion regarding this forum and what it is about as far as I am concerned.

Archived