DVD constantly in drive?

you can use a small trick to play on several computers but only one of them can be in online mode

the part of on going issues with steam is a load of bs if that was true , people would steam forums and this ones with issues .

also hiding the editor? seriously ?

1) That was what I was saying

2) Look how long the STEAM FAQ is. Regardless, I'm one person who has ongoing issues with STEAM, so I just use the traditional method.

3) Yep. See how many "where is the editor?" threads there are. It's really hard to find in STEAM.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the horror that was Unilock, I pray we never have to see that system ever again. Quite frankly, while I can understand the thing with protecting your software...customers should go first before thinking about pirates. So really the Fm10 system was pretty good IMHO and the game still sells well despite being easy to pirate. FM09 ment that pirates had the better system while a lot of legit buyers had, and some still have, problems.

For me I'm not fussed about having the disc in at all times, I have two drives and can use the 2nd to whatever I would need it for during play. However it is never used anyway at the same time and it's not so hard to put it in and take it out later and do the same routine the next time...take a few seconds only. ;)

However I'll never go STEAM, the day this game become STEAM only...I won't bother as it is today. STEAM is far to pricy for a online system. The whole point with buying digital copies is to get it cheaper than the boxed version. That isn't the case and most of the time it's even higher price on Steam! And I wouldn't install it only to activate FM. The system SI are using now is fine IMHO, people can either buy it online, STEAM or boxed and use the disc all the time...or activate with STEAM.

Considering the horror that was Unilock, I pray we never have to see that system ever again. Quite frankly, while I can understand the thing with protecting your software...customers should go first before thinking about pirates. So really the Fm10 system was pretty good IMHO and the game still sells well despite being easy to pirate. FM09 ment that pirates had the better system while a lot of legit buyers had, and some still have, problems.

If they don't think about stopping piracy there will be no SI and no customers to worry about, so its a bit of a chicken and egg, cart before horse scenario.

As for the 09 nonsense, no one should have a problem now as the 9.3.1 patch removes the uniloc nonsense.

If they don't think about stopping piracy there will be no SI and no customers to worry about, so its a bit of a chicken and egg, cart before horse scenario.

As for the 09 nonsense, no one should have a problem now as the 9.3.1 patch removes the uniloc nonsense.

I dont think it will end sales, some ppl will always go legit. What will happen to affect sales is if SI go Steam only as ppl will look for alternatives. Total War is a classic example, was doing really well review-wise and then it took up a Steam only policy, not even an offline option and the Empire version has received more critical comments than any previous versions. It must've been so bad for them that they released another version (Napoleon) without any fanfare and very quickly. And if you look at those forums or the Steam forums all you see are negative comments, complaints and more complaints. Even the opening of the Steam forum says common issues at the top and says that if a problem occurs to restart the steam system. So its clear the think their own software has problems.

the amount of BS you guys are pulling is incredible

so those critics have to with steam or the game ? i cant find complains about it and the game as good reviews , steam forums all you see are complains? thats just lying

and whats the problem of having stickies to common problems SI has the same thing on Fm 2010 faq and my faq is big because it also cover common game crashes and some problems there are not related to steam , they are there to help users

also about napoleon total war i only saw 1 tread asking about it and the answer is simple they decided to use steam has drm just like MW2

ýour just trolling and pulling bs out of nowhere , if you don't want to use steam fine just don't troll and spread lies

LOL @ a troll calling me a troll. I fail to see how anything I have said could possibly constitute trolling.

It took me over half an hour to install the game on STEAM. It took 5 minutes to install the normal way. That is a fact. That says that there is something wrong with STEAM.

I am not complaining about the game, or commenting on either of those other games I do not care about.

so those critics have to with steam or the game ? i cant find complains about it and the game as good reviews , steam forums all you see are complains? thats just lying

and whats the problem of having stickies to common problems SI has the same thing on Fm 2010 faq and my faq is big because it also cover common game crashes and some problems there are not related to steam , they are there to help users

also about napoleon total war i only saw 1 tread asking about it and the answer is simple they decided to use steam has drm just like MW2

ýour just trolling and pulling bs out of nowhere , if you don't want to use steam fine just don't troll and spread lies

No one is spreading lies. Do you work for Steam? or Valve?

Honestly mate, Steam is utter cack and Valve should be ashamed (I've mentioned previously what a massive fan I am of their games) to be connected with this. It is not user friendly. It has major issues that left me unable to play fm09 for over 2 weeks, which wasn't helped by their absolute joke of a 'support' service. Took them 3 days to answer my query and even then they came back with the wrong answer. Twice (2nd was after another 3 days).

If SI ever went Steam only I can guarantee you that I would not buy it. And that would hurt. Lots.

Do you think you can use the phrase 'bs' a bit more next time, not sure I got your drift. ;)

The only one trolling here is you. Every post concerning Steam, you appear all the time. Its clear you either work for them or are some undercover suiter. Either way the great thing about a democracy is freedom of choice. I dont spread lies. I can post countless complaint posts from Steam but that would be Spamming and Im not going to do that. Aim_Less if Steam pay your wages (clearly do) and you like them so much then why are you on this forum and not on their one? From what I see its full of questions on how to access a game that's suddenly stopped working and the like.

I think that SI need to guarantee that they wont be going Steam only as many ppl have commented here that they are not fans and as such there should be another option without disk in drive all the time.

With Steam - I can only comment in the same way I can comment on the crash dumps. ie - I have yet to experience any issues, so as far as I am concerned, I think things work well at the moment. Just my experience, and obviously everyone is different, but as I asked earlier - what alternative to steam is there? If there were more decent alternatives out there, then maybe less issues would be experienced?

With Steam - I can only comment in the same way I can comment on the crash dumps. ie - I have yet to experience any issues, so as far as I am concerned, I think things work well at the moment. Just my experience, and obviously everyone is different, but as I asked earlier - what alternative to steam is there? If there were more decent alternatives out there, then maybe less issues would be experienced?

They'll get you eventually.

The alternative that I took this year was buying a digital download from GAME. I'm sure you can do the same from many other retailers also.

@jsolloso: glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's a steam acolyte!

Archived