Stockport County (SOMS) with a difference ;)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second half of the season

I'll be honest, we were shocking.

League position: 14th

We ended up 14th after going on a run of 8 straight defeats. It really was a time to forget for the club and despite us being in the play off chase in the first half of the season we were no where near good enough in the second half.

Aims for next season

. Play-offs

. 3rd round of the FA Cup

. Score more goals

Coming up in this thread

THE LIVE TRANSFER ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

Hello and welcome to the LIVE transfer announcement

Goran Maric

Goran is a Serbian striker with a lot of potential to become a great player for the club. His heading is a real strong point.

Richard Lee

Will provide great backup to our number one. Great agility and great confidence.

Ángel Rangel

Another excellent aquisition. Very classy right back with a lot of potential and very confident. A real class act.

Jake Buxton

A reliable central defender with bags of ability.

José Antonio Culebras

A Spanish central defender with a lot of experience. He's a key player. He played a key role for Tenerife in recent seasons.

Sander Debroux

A former Belgium youth international who has been playing a key role for Sint-Truiden recently. The midfield player will be key.

Francis

A right sided player who really is going to be key down the right. A great tackler and a great passer of the ball.

Juan Martín Pietravallo

An Italian/Argentinian midfielder who will play a Cambiasso role for us.

I also brought in a Spanish CB who left the club after only 3 days for the hefty fee of £375K to Charlton.

Carl Baker left the club for £80K to Aldershot.

And, Andrew Halls left for £26K to Ipswich.

2nd season report - Something to cheer about?

League Position: 2nd

Top Scorer: Oli Johnson (35)

Cups: FA Cup 4th Round - County 0-1 Arsenal

League Cup 1st round - County 0-4 Preston

Paint Trophy - 1st Round County 0-1 Darlington

What a season, Magic Oli Johnson fired us into the Championship with a record breaking number of goals. Some were long range stunners and some were tap-ins but they all made a big contribution to our promotion campaign.

The cup run was also amazing before we eventually lost to eventual winners Arsenal in a thrilling encouter. We beat Leeds, Southend and Birmingham on route to our famous cup tie.

The new boys were excellent but the some of the originals were outstanding. Michael Raynes was key in defence and Fon Williams had an amazing season.

Aims for next season:

. Stay up

. Only sign Under-18's

. Keep the stars from the promotion season

2nd season report - Something to cheer about?

League Position: 2nd

Top Scorer: Oli Johnson (35)

Cups: FA Cup 4th Round - County 0-1 Arsenal

League Cup 1st round - County 0-4 Preston

Paint Trophy - 1st Round County 0-1 Darlington

What a season, Magic Oli Johnson fired us into the Championship with a record breaking number of goals. Some were long range stunners and some were tap-ins but they all made a big contribution to our promotion campaign.

The cup run was also amazing before we eventually lost to eventual winners Arsenal in a thrilling encouter. We beat Leeds, Southend and Birmingham on route to our famous cup tie.

The new boys were excellent but the some of the originals were outstanding. Michael Raynes was key in defence and Fon Williams had an amazing season.

Aims for next season:

. Stay up

. Only sign Under-18's

. Keep the stars from the promotion season

Wow...what a season. You'd be remembered as a great just for that.

Great season for Oli by the looks of it. He's a good player, even if I don't like the guy.

Ah, but this is Stockport County

A manager doing well normally equals said manager getting sacked. That's whats happened to our 2 greatest managers anyway. Both sacked for off field matters, despite doing brilliantly on the pitch.

In the FMH Off-Topic thread following the promotion news

Jens Dewit: Whoop!

Ism-scfc: What a promotion!

m1234566778: Ive done it lads :)

Ridley99: Players, we need to build on the youth.

Scottc18: Yep. M who's available.

m1234566778: Well there's some damn good young players about at the moment. Simon Jones is a young English Midfielder playing for Exeter.

Ridley99: Get him signed.

m1234566778: Theres also Tomas Kruns, a young German striker. Very fast and great shooting.

Scottc18: Go for it.

Jens Dewit: Might as well. So how young are they

m1234566778: 17

Ridley99: good finds

Prior to this both young regen players were signed. Whoop! :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

3rd season report - Another promotion? Surely not

League Position: 7th

Top Scorer: Oli Johnson (28)

We were unlucky not to gain promotion in another unbelievable season, which nearly included a trip to wembley thanks to a magic cup run, the good times really are at Stockport.

Our league form was excellent until about December time where we went on a terrible run of form losing 8 in 8. The league Cup run was magical and we made it to the semi finals after some wonderful results agains some big teams which included Aston Villa, Everton and Newcastle. We eventually lost 3-1 on aggregate against Arsenal in the semis.

I decided to build on the youth and brought in some class young regens. The best was Juan Carlos, a midfield player who notched up 16 goals throughout the season. Oli was on fire again and his attributes increasing all the time. He has also been in the subject of a £2.4 million transfer offer from a Premier League club which I rejected.

Aims for next season.

. Play-offs

. Keep Super Oli

. Bring in more young guns

3rd season report - Another promotion? Surely not

League Position: 7th

Top Scorer: Oli Johnson (28)

We were unlucky not to gain promotion in another unbelievable season, which nearly included a trip to wembley thanks to a magic cup run, the good times really are at Stockport.

Our league form was excellent until about December time where we went on a terrible run of form losing 8 in 8. The league Cup run was magical and we made it to the semi finals after some wonderful results agains some big teams which included Aston Villa, Everton and Newcastle. We eventually lost 3-1 on aggregate against Arsenal in the semis.

I decided to build on the youth and brought in some class young regens. The best was Juan Carlos, a midfield player who notched up 16 goals throughout the season. Oli was on fire again and his attributes increasing all the time. He has also been in the subject of a £2.4 million transfer offer from a Premier League club which I rejected.

Aims for next season.

. Play-offs

. Keep Super Oli

. Bring in more young guns

Good season but the aim for this season is top 2 :D

What youngsters have you got?

Regens.

As a little side thing to add to the interactive part of the SOMS I'll do an interview with one of the members.

This is strictly first come, first serve and the interview will be conducted by PM's.

Just post if you want the interview.

The interview with Jens Dewit

How do you rate Maz as a person and a manager?

Maz is a very hard working club-person, who likes to do his work. Nothing more, nothing less. However, sometimes it's too much of the latter. He's a bit short of how he's doing sometimes. But still, he's an excellent manager.

How far can the club go?

In my honest opinion, the club can go wherever it wants to go. As long as Maz can keep this up that is. My personal aim is world fame.

Season 4 - We are going up, say we are going up!

League position: 2nd

Top scorer: Magic Man Oli Johnson (34)

To say this was an amazing season would be an understatement. We were excellent from start to finish and the only reason we finished second was because of an almost unbeatable West Ham side. The cups were also impressive reaching the semi-finals in both only losing to top 4 opposition both times. Oli Johnson ripped the league apart again thanks to some lethal finishing. The young regen stars also playing a vital role in our wonderful campaign.

'mon the PREMIERSHIP!!!!!

Aims for the premier league

. Stay up

. Keep king Oli

. Keep the young regen stars

. Find more young regen stars

Season 5 - We are premier league!

League position: 15th

Top scorer: King Oli (13)

A great first season in the premier league. King Oli was once again our best scorer but Carlos played an important part in our survival campaign. Darnel Situ was a rock at the back and I think he's one of the best centre backs in the world at the moment. Joe Hart was our goalie and kept plenty of crucial clean sheets. Our new young regen Ed de Franks was a star and scored 8 despite him playing as a full back. The cups were very poor and I wanted us to do better but league was priority.

Aims for next season

. keep king Oli again

. Finish in the top half

. Do well in the cups

Archived