3 thingsd for 10.3

I started a career as England & year & a half in, excepted a job offer from Chelsea, i looked at someof the fringe players, the spent stupid money on them!

& yet, ive always found it hard to sell some (not all) players, even if you offered them for nothin, nobody wanted them, surely than cant be right?

In this save game, ive got Dida at Chelsea, he's got another year on his contract to go but he's only 3rd choice so i tried to sell him, nobody wanted him, i knw by this time, he was 37, but surely a team in the championship would jump to get a player of dida's quality for a season or two, esp if your getting him for free?!

I know, i used to have this problem wiv Shola Ameboi at Newcastle in previous versions as well (not sure, if its still true, as he's now there best striker,lol)

I started a career as England & year & a half in, excepted a job offer from Chelsea, i looked at someof the fringe players, the spent stupid money on them!

& yet, ive always found it hard to sell some (not all) players, even if you offered them for nothin, nobody wanted them, surely than cant be right?

In this save game, ive got Dida at Chelsea, he's got another year on his contract to go but he's only 3rd choice so i tried to sell him, nobody wanted him, i knw by this time, he was 37, but surely a team in the championship would jump to get a player of dida's quality for a season or two, esp if your getting him for free?!

I know, i used to have this problem wiv Shola Ameboi at Newcastle in previous versions as well (not sure, if its still true, as he's now there best striker,lol)

But could a Championship team afford a player like Dida?

I find it is more helpful if you transfer list the player first. Teams get to hear about the availability and may then be interested.

And Shola Ameobi is nowhere Newcastle's best striker! On paper maybe, in practice never :p

well when he is that old & his wages where only £7,000

yup, im pretty sure they could. esp when they ARE transfer listed, they usually dnt mind takin a pay cut.

of cos he was transfer listed, im not daft.

OK, would you take a 37 year old keeper who's stats are dropping?

Just three things I have picked up upon that may need fixing for patch 10.3

1. Transfers really need addressing for the next patch - I find it very unrealistic that big teams pay quite high sums of money for such average players. Also - and I dont know if this is a bug - but Man City havent spent over £3 million on one player in a year (season 2). Just thought I would point thay out.

2. Cup Priorities - the league cup seems to be valued more than the FA cup (especially by the big teams) - I hope this is looked into because it seems that it is the wrong way round.

3. When big teams rest their players in the cups or against 'easy' opposition, the play REALLY weak teams. Instead of playing fringe players in their senior team or reserve team, they play a few U18 players who have only just joined the club and are not of any real quality.

Thanks.

1. I agree with this, Man City in particular overpay for rubbish. If you start as Liverpool, for example, you can make £40m by selling the dead wood.

2. Disagree, the League Cup is definitely just seen as a run out. Boards never care, and weak teams are fielded. However, IRL I don't think either cup is cared for more than the other, it's just the tabloids and Sky like to make out the FA Cup is "special".

3. I've seen this a lot- Reading put Angus McDonald and Jack Mills at centre back both of whom are useless.

Yeah I know. It happens to me aswell. There are ways around it though, like trying to play wider or down the wings. I bet a lot of the chances missed are near enough straight on goal right? By that i mean through the middle of the pitch?

Sort of yeah. I try many different things but the bug always wins :( Although the opposition never have this problem which is ridiculous. I find a lot of other problems with the match engine to be worse, such as players with long shots of 9 always scoring screamers, defenders who can't play simple passes, pathetic marking, it is a joke sometimes tbh.

EDIT - just had an awful Barnsley score in the 90th min with their first shot on target. All because my player couldn't play a simple pass despite having good passing stats. Furious.

1). Agree, although as far as I remember there was a similar issue on FM09. Especially Man City tend to spend outrageous amounts of money on footballers, who are at best average. I also recall one funny situation when Man City were looking for a decent goalkeeper. They literally bought 5 GKs each year, whose PA was >150, just to sell them after a few months and buy new ones.

I personally would like to see the algorithm responsible for one on ones rewritten. Generally, 10.2 gameplay feels 'artificial' compared to 10.0 or 10.1. I can usually tell within 10 minutes into the match who is going to win / lose. Just look at passing - losers will constantly lose the ball for no reason, winners will be very aggressive in tackling and will stick closely to opposition players. Opposition defenders in the meantime, will spend time running around the strikers, without even trying to challenge them.

Archived