Nerdier than world of warcraft.

i think some of us are quite nerdy, casual players who pick it up and play for a while then put it down again arent, but really in-depth like me with individual training schedules, strict scouting and signing criteria for balance etc - well we are another story :D

I'm an ex-wow player. I used to play wow for about 2 years in a 'server first' guild as a healer. But even within the top guild, some are way nerdy and some are actually pretty cool irl.

imo the game you play doesn't really define who you are.

Those who don't play wow just try to define the whole community as one, but even in the hardcore wow groups the personality difference and lifestyle difference among people can be HUGE. Some love all the 'lore' story stuff and get into all that fantasy thing, but some don't care about all those things and just enjoy playing with friends.

I think that's also similar in FM. Some people do weird fantasy press conference and treat all their staff/player members as real life people, while some just play it as a game.

The difference between a truly nerdy gamer and a normal gamer is treating the game like a part of their life or just treating it as only a game. It really doesn't matter what kind of game it is. It's how you play it.

Of course the term 'nerd' is quite relative and it can't be defined in an absolute way.

This is a very nerdy sentence...!!! :D Oh the delicious irony. Lol.

I'm a Human Warrior who at one stage dual-wielded Betrayers of Humanity in my Fury Spec as I lolpwned Naxxramas every night.

And then I realised... "Good GOD this is nerdy".

So, no, FM isn't as nerdy as WoW :p Similar though; you number crunch like mad on WoW to see if you have the Hit/Expertise Cap or whether you should stack Spell Power and Haste.

But the proof WoW is nerdier is in the Ventrillo/Teamspeak outbursts you can listen to on YouTube. ^^

Errrr. WTF does that mean? :D

I would think "Shoot you numpty. Shoooooot!" is less nerdy.

World of Warcraft? Absolutely not!

We're more like Dungeons and Dragons players. :D

As someone who has had D&D take over from Football Manager as the game i play most, i must agree, WOW and Championship Manager(am i allowed to say that in here?) are just the poor relations to what all experts really know as a gaming experience.

Archived