[FM10] Fabio Crouchello - Taking England to South Africa 2010

crouchaldinho

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confederations Cup 2025, Group A - Morocco 1 - 0 Spain

Line-ups

Overview, Match Details & Player Ratings

It ends in humiliation here in Montevideo. The International management career of Fabio Crouchello. His reputation in tatters.

A 1-0 defeat to Morocco to put his Spain side out of the Confederations Cup. His position as manager is under major pressure with many predicting that he will be sacked on his return to Spain. Don Fabio Crouchello senses that this is the end.

Fabio Crouchello's England Record (2009 - 2017):

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
95	64	20	11	217	67	67%		World Cup 2010 Runners-up
							Euro 2012 Runners-up
							World Cup 2014 Quarter-finalists
							[b]Euro 2016 Winners[/b]
							Confederations Cup 2017 Group Stages 

Fabio Crouchello's Uruguay Record (2018 - 2019):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16	10	4	2	49	17	62.5%		Copa America 2019 Quarter-finalists 

Fabio Crouchello's Brazil Record (September 2019 - November 2019 - two months!):

3	2	1	0	4	0	66.67%		None

Fabio Crouchello's Ivory Coast Record (March 2020 - August 2021):

12	9	0	3	26	6	75%		None

Fabio Crouchello's Portugal Record (August 2021 - July 2022):

12	8	3	1	24	6	66.67%		World Cup 2022 Second Round

Fabio Crouchello's Spain Record July 2022 - June 2025):

27	17	5	5	48	22	63%		Euro 2024 Semi-finalists

FabioCrouchello-11.png

So is this the end of Fabio Crouchello? He seems rather to have lost his touch on the international stage. Still living off the fame of his time with England. The only trophy to his name is the Euro 2016 title. Everything since, a disappointment.

Rumour has it that Don Fabio will now retire from the game and concentrate on his hobbies of collecting art and listening to opera. Others suggest that Crouchello is currently considering an offer to manage the U.S.A. national team. At the time of writing, Fabio Crouchello was unavailable to comment.

Fabio Crouchello's Overall Record (2009 - 2025):

164	110	32	22	368	118	67%		World Cup 2010 Runners-up
							Euro 2012 Runners-up
							World Cup 2014 Quarter-finalists
							[b]Euro 2016 Winners[/b]
							Copa America 2019 Quarter-finalists
							World Cup 2022 Second Round
							Euro 2024 Semi-finalists

After seven major tournaments (with one trophy to show for his efforts) and after three cracks at the World Cup, this is where I will be bringing an end to the story of Fabio Crouchello. At least, for now. :)

Rafa Benitez has the job after me. Will be interesting to see what he makes of it. Am I just a crap International manager or was the Spain team really a difficult one to manage?

Well if Rafa Benitez does better than you with Spain then I'm afraid it may be you who is crap :D

I think the problem I had with Spain was two-fold. First of all, the team gelling never got anywhere near a decent level. Secondly, I don't think my management style worked well with them. I tend to be quite demanding of my players and harsh with them at times. With Spain, this just seemed to make them nervous and stressed. I wonder if some members of the squad have low pressure ratings or something like that. Anyway, I didn't get enough positive reactions from the players.

I'm afraid it's over for now lilmonkeyleue.

I'm going to concentrate on my Saints save. I still have the Calcio one going too and I also promised Acidburn that I would give his challenge a shot. So much FMing to do. :D

Fabio Crouchello may be back one day though. You never know! :eek:

• 3 months later...

Seeing as this save is finished with, I'm thinking of deleting some of the screenshots from my Photobucket account (as it is getting too full).

I don't think I'll be going back to this and carrying on as Fabio Crouchello. I really wish I had loaded more 'view-only' leagues, as it became a bit of a hassle to manage other nations without the international coaches being able to scout players in unplayable nations.

Anyway, it was a really fun save. Just thought I would let people know that I'm going to be deleting the screenshots. Hopefully, it won't detract from the career as the results are all in there and I use a lot of text tables etc., therefore it should still be readable.

I never even knew about this one! I can relate to managing nations without their leagues loaded. I managed the USA on FM10 without loading the MLS. It became annoying very quickly. I wanted to send my scouts to MLS games and attend a few myself!

I never even knew about this one! I can relate to managing nations without their leagues loaded. I managed the USA on FM10 without loading the MLS. It became annoying very quickly. I wanted to send my scouts to MLS games and attend a few myself!

Yes, this was a lot of fun Mike and one of my main saves on FM10. You should take a read through if/when you have a chance. I had a pretty good adventure as my alter-ego, Fabio Crouchello. :D I might do something this again on FM11 actually but I will be sure to load way more leagues.

Lol @ one of your star players from Portugal. "Pedro Piedade"

piedade is portuguese for pity

PEDRO PITY

:D

I didn't know that. Some of the regen names can be quite funny. :D

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I just wanted to come in here and say that I really miss this save. :(

I actually thought about going back to it for a while but the scouting issue when managing countries with players playing in unplayable leagues is an issue for me and it spoils the accessibility.

Maybe one day I'll have another England save though. I was quite tempted to do one on FM11 actually, if I get around to loading up the latest game.

The one question I have is, would it be Fabio Crouchello or Harry Crouchknapp this time around?

:p

It's a shame your still not managing england, Especially with you coming to Cardiff this saturday. Cant wait to boo Terry hahaha

To be honest, even as an England supporter, I want to boo Terry most of the time too. :D

In fact, I want to boo most of the thugs that turn out for us these days. :(

I want to go back to Euro '96. :p

To be honest, even as an England supporter, I want to boo Terry most of the time too. :D

In fact, I want to boo most of the thugs that turn out for us these days. :(

I want to go back to Euro '96. :p

Yeh i cant wait to shout shoot to ashley cole lol. The main problem we got is the so called cardiff fans( not all of them) that think its great to go fighting trying to represent the Soul Crew which fizzled out years ago, And most of them are under 16 these days.

Archived