Do you continue the game once it's full of regens?

Yeah i always find the game the best when its full of regens. That feeling of satisfaction you get when a regen you've trained gets his first senior cap and you watch him become worth bags of money, and better than you ever imagined. 2017 at newcastle my goalie is a regen, 24 and became italy's No1 2 years ago, great feeling. I always think the game gets a little better each year with more regens :)

I actually prefer having a balance between the two - like Alessio Cerci (Lazio manager, former player) trying to wind me up, or Cristiano Ronaldo (West Ham manager) slagging off Roy Keane (Genoa manager), managing a bunch of regens. It's semi-realistic in some ways - you get to see your former players-turned-managers buddying-up through the media as they once played together and were favoured personnel back then, while playing a bunch of players that seem realistic for a futuristic scenario but are not in the original database.

My FM 2008 game is at the age where 15-year-olds are now over 41 so every player is a regen (FM 2008 capped players ages at 41 - all players would announce their retirement the season they turned 39 if they hadn't already) - so I have a bunch of players whom you'd never think would be a manager (Cristiano Ronaldo managing Sporting CP, Genoa, Sporting CP again and West Ham) as well as some whom you'd think "well, that's possible..." (Daniele De Rossi managing Roma and Italy; Raúl managing Genoa and Spain; Puyol managing Barcelona; etc.). I think I'll somewhat miss the "last connection" when all these original players retire fully from staff roles though, as I'll have nothing in my game to connect the people in-game to real-life.

As an aside, the last real major player I saw retire was Gerardo Bruma, of Liverpool - there may be a bunch of low-reputation players I have no clue about, but he had a rather journeymanlike career. He retired at 40.

I love games full of regens.

In fact, once I've been playing the game for a while, I like to holiday forward five or ten seasons. Five usually, because it means young players have reached their prime, and the stars of yesteryear are still effective.

Certainly a good crop of regens makes for a great game.

Of course that never happens in real life :rolleyes:

Uh, yeah.. in real life, it's not common for world class talents to be centerbacks if they're 1.70 or strikers if they have absolutely no clue how to make runs off the ball.

It happens of course, no one would suggest anything else. But like I said, it happens too often in FM. This has been fairly well documented already by fans of the game, on this forum. Do a search..

Archived