Proddeh's 3-1-3-3 formation

Hi proddeh, i pressume as there is no mention of it that you play the same way home and away? Also i asked a few posts above about the lowest attribute value people are happy with when buying a player for a particular position (using the tooltip). Pilsken kindly replied with lowest attribute of 12 for a top division club...what do you think?

I play the same home and away, i may tweak the tempo settings depending on conditions but that is normally always slower, i try to aim for a 75% pass completetion ratio. I "believe" that the shorter passes being completed are much more benfical to the formation than the long passes.

Also depending on how the game is going i might change the attacking mentality, i.e losing in 75 minute and have good possesion i might go attacking or overload.

In terms of lowest attributes i'm not sure i would go with 12 for all stats that might be bit high, it really depends on the position and how certain stats a relevant for it. for example strikers and tackling, 12 would be nice but no way would a strikers tackling ability stop me from buying him. of course the player must have the playing attributes but i do like searching for players based on their mental attributes.

What about the midfielders?

Does the 2 support need special abillities?

How about the CM att.?

i go for good all rounders, tackling and passing. If im honest the two support mids often don't get involved as much as i'd like but they do a job. the attacking mid ideally you would want a more creative player with a decent long shot and maybe trained to get forward whenever possible. So far i've been pretty much training my players prefered moves based on the coaches advice, you just have to consider how benefical each one will be for the team. For example my coaches often want me to train a striker to run down a flank but i'm not completely convinced by this so often ignore it as the striker often ends up being a poor winger when he could have had then chance to go through on goal.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proddeh,

I'm using your tactic in a new game as spurs.

Have you tweaked the original in the OP at all?

My team is:

GK: Gomes

DC: Barzagli

DC: Woodgate

DC: King

DMC: Diarra

MC: Palacios

MC(a):Modric

MC: Gago

FC(target man): Crouch

FC: (treq) Gignac

FC: (poacher) Defoe

Is that how you'd line up... roughly?

I have had mixed results so far - thumped birmingham 6-0 away from home, but then got beat by wigan 2-1 the very next game! Up and down so far, but I want to pursue with it.

I let my assistant do the opposition instructions & teamtalks, he has very good tactical knowledge and motivation.

I haven't changed mentality or any shouts in my games yet.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks for you all of your hard work so far.

Hey there Proddeh ,just a update with my man utd game, One problem ive solved is the defence and all ive done is Unticked Play offside and by doing that has solved the gaps the opposition is finding either there long balls down the wings or there quick counters that sometimes results in a goal, so now its very solid than before by just doing that ,and one other tweak that is working wonders that you must try....when coming up against tough teams away that you cant seem to break down or they defending very deep,change strategy to COUNTER and youll crush them ,or needing a goal in final 10mins change to OVERLOAD and goals will come.......let me know how it work for you ........cheers

Proddeh,

I'm using your tactic in a new game as spurs.

Have you tweaked the original in the OP at all?

My team is:

GK: Gomes

DC: Barzagli

DC: Woodgate

DC: King

DMC: Diarra

MC: Palacios

MC(a):Modric

MC: Gago

FC(target man): Crouch

FC: (treq) Gignac

FC: (poacher) Defoe

Is that how you'd line up... roughly?

I have had mixed results so far - thumped birmingham 6-0 away from home, but then got beat by wigan 2-1 the very next game! Up and down so far, but I want to pursue with it.

I let my assistant do the opposition instructions & teamtalks, he has very good tactical knowledge and motivation.

I haven't changed mentality or any shouts in my games yet.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks for you all of your hard work so far.

I'm still playing with the original tactic untweaked , just won the league,legue cup, super cup, world club cup and champions league but lost fa cup final on penalties. I did lose 2 games in the league this year with 5 draws (i think) and one of those losses was to newly promoted portsmouth at home! i had 24 shots at goal they had 1 and beat me 1-0, nevermind.

Its hard to tell what might be your problem, i'm unsure on how gignac will do in that role, if you are in a game and losing or not getting the lions share of attempts at goal it would suggest that you should alter your tempo settings. As i've said in previous posts if you are losing and come to the final 20 or so minutes it might be worth just going all out, but that is on the previso that you are the dominate team.

Also use "keep the faith" on your strikers!

Hey there Proddeh ,just a update with my man utd game, One problem ive solved is the defence and all ive done is Unticked Play offside and by doing that has solved the gaps the opposition is finding either there long balls down the wings or there quick counters that sometimes results in a goal, so now its very solid than before by just doing that ,and one other tweak that is working wonders that you must try....when coming up against tough teams away that you cant seem to break down or they defending very deep,change strategy to COUNTER and youll crush them ,or needing a goal in final 10mins change to OVERLOAD and goals will come.......let me know how it work for you ........cheers

Thats good to hear man :) yeah the overload is one that i do myself , but you have to alot of the possesion at the time or it can go against you. Your counter idea is an intresting one though will try that as it sounds promising :)

Proddeh..

Your tactics sounds promising.. I am starting a new season with Everton..

GK:Howard

DC:Yobo

DC:Heitinga

DC:Distin

DM:ROdwell

MC:Fellaini

MC:Piennar

MC attack:Cahlil

Poacher:Saha/Yakubu

Targetman:Jo

Trequarista: still searching.. Zaki looks promising.. He got 14 min for all the required stats.. Just 13 on agility.. Diego Souza have all 14 min but palmeiras doesnt want to sell.. Got any idea ?

Another thing I will buy probably Annan to replace Piennar.. That's all..

Will update ya..

Proddeh..

Your tactics sounds promising.. I am starting a new season with Everton..

DC:Yobo

DC:Heitinga

DC:Distin

DM:ROdwell

MC:Fellaini

MC:Piennar

MC attack:Cahlil

Poacher:Saha/Yakubu

Targetman:Jo

Trequarista: still searching.. Zaki looks promising.. He got 14 min for all the required stats.. Just 13 on agility.. Diego Souza have all 14 min but palmeiras doesnt want to sell.. Got any idea ?

Another thing I will buy probably Annan to replace Piennar.. That's all..

Will update ya..

Due to me starting the tactic so late in my save i'm not entirely sure of real players that will fit the bill best as all of mine were regens. What i would suggest though (won't help short term) is looking at attcking mids etc if they have attributes that fit better possibly buy them and retrain. this is the course i'm going through atm and i will post to let you know how he gets along :)

*Trequarista possibles and this is in theory (and excluding older players).

Usual suspects , aguero, messi, villa

Vucinic looks like he might do a job

Witsel, hamsik, afellay with retraining look ok

suarez

and if i was starting a new game i always buy this guy, i think he could fit the bill and obtainable Matias fernandez

Not looking to crash your party Proddeh but even though those results at first glance look impressive the year in your save is 2026 and your entire squad is made of world class regens. I'm sure a lot more people would be interested in your tactic if you'd put it through a more realistic test because obviously the game gets much easier later on due to top clubs getting inadequate replacements for their star players so most of them eventually become quite average, while on the other hand you keep hoarding all the best regens and the whole thing becomes very very imbalanced. I hope your tactic is as good as advertised but hopefully someone can give it a proper test.

Not looking to crash your party Proddeh but even though those results at first glance look impressive the year in your save is 2026 and your entire squad is made of world class regens. I'm sure a lot more people would be interested in your tactic if you'd put it through a more realistic test because obviously the game gets much easier later on due to top clubs getting inadequate replacements for their star players so most of them eventually become quite average, while on the other hand you keep hoarding all the best regens and the whole thing becomes very very imbalanced. I hope your tactic is as good as advertised but hopefully someone can give it a proper test.

to be fair he said hes starting again to see how it goes

Proddeh,

Cant seems to buy fernandes since he just joined Sporting.. Anyway, I use Cahlil or Zaki as my trequarist.. My next question will be, who is your main goalscorer ? I put Jo as my trequarist and he scored 3 goals.. Will the trequarist be your top scorer ?

Proddeh,

Cant seems to buy fernandes since he just joined Sporting.. Anyway, I use Cahlil or Zaki as my trequarist.. My next question will be, who is your main goalscorer ? I put Jo as my trequarist and he scored 3 goals.. Will the trequarist be your top scorer ?

i thought were you put jo it should be for a number 10?

I understand your point and at no point have tried to hide away from the fact that i have a very impressive team BUT before i used this tactic even with all of the world class players results were erratic along with goal scoring, i would go into the normal rival games thinking a draw was a decent result, since using this tactic any thing but a win i pretty much consider a bad result.

I posted the tactic for others to try because i saw the drastic change with my teams performaces and not over a few games but four (now five) seasons. And another point i would make like alot of the posters above is in theroy the tactic SHOULD not work, other teams should be running riot on the wings and i should be losing but that is not the case.

Another point is during my games i do train up alot of young talent which some to begin with ar far from wonderkids but the team sill manages to perform. I full intend to try the formation again with a new team when i have finished.

Try it or don't try it just trying to give a different alternative to whats already out there.

Proddeh,

Think Proddeh said in an earlier post that the trequartista will score most goals and get the most assists. As if to prove this I've started an Arsenal game with this formation playing Arshavin as the trequartista and his stats so far read

Apps: 9

Goals: 6

Assists: 10

I've alternated Van Persie in that role and he has 4 goals in 4 starts. In contrast my main poacher walcott has 6 goals in 8 starts and eduardo my main target man has 3 goals in 6 starts. So very initial conclusion seems to be that the trequartista will score most. I'll update at the end of the season.

I'll also add that since this tactic reduces the need for tweaking i've taken to watching games in 'only commentary' mode and it has been my least frustrating FM10 save so far!

Proddeh,

well he has been but i will say the goal scoring tally between my strikers is quite tight, the previous season the striker i (normally) play as a poacher was top scorer and the season ive just finished it was my target man.

The trequarista will supplement his goals with assists though ( mines almost like for like) so if he scores 35 goals he normally has 30 or so assists as well while the the other strikers might have 10/15 assists.

just so im certain

im n county and have folan , salvio (younger not as good version of messi) bonjinov

do i play salvio in the centre and as trequarsia and target man one of the other?

The one who fits the bill best regarding the position tip on the tactics screen.

Hi guys...

Half season with Everton 09/10..

I am in 7th.. Which 10 points away from #6.. Well.. I think the formation is very promising.. My trequarist, Zaki, suck.. He hasn't scored for 15 hrs.. Positive side, well I lost 3 out of 6 games because unlucky.. I got conceded 15 goals.. Which pretty good.. In Premier League, only Chelsea (13), Arsenal (14 and have 2 more games in hand) and Liverpool (13) that can beat my defense..

You need a good trequarist for sure.. I might go with Van Der Vaart since he's transfer listed.. Well update you later..

here's my squad:

DC:Yobo, Distin, Heitinga

DM:Rodwell

MC:Annan, Fellaini

MC attack:

Poacher:Vaughn/Yakubu

Treq:Zaki --> He's getting worse.. His ability going down for I dont know what reason... Oh and he's very unconsistant..

Targetman:saha/Jo

also, I will have Jagielka and Arteta coming back from long injury.. Hopefully we do well till the rest of the season with this formation..

as stated before "play offside" is ticked, i notice "counter" is also ticked, should i leave this ticked or will it stop me from playing control or attacking?

no the counter attack being ticked just means when your being attacked you attempt a quick counter attack, where as the strategy "counter attack" will drop the formation deeper to invite the oppersition to attack.

You can untick it but you might lose some goals from the quick breaks.

Robinho is utterly ridiculous as a Trequartista...

22 apps. 19 goals, 19 assists.

And strangely, my target man, Tevez, gets most goals. 22 apps, 24 goals, 7 assists. My poacher scores the least and has really high assists. Very peculiar.

Have you unticked the offside option?

Do you also use Counter sometimes?

Have you unticked the offside option?

Do you also use Counter sometimes?

Yes I have.

And I use counter is standard seems uneffective or I'm coming up against a really big club, where it also seems to work well. Beat Liverpool twice using that, once 4-1, when they were on a great run of form.

was playing as Norwich 5th season, was in 9th place and needed a lift to get to the play offs, I found consistancy a problem so decided to use this tactic......5 games later I am sacked, lol.

I did notice the players playing good football, but for the first time since playing 10.2 I really could see the so called "superkeeper", I averaged about 20 shots on target but only 1 or 2 goals a game (apart from 6 past Preston).

Want to give this a proper go, so am going to start a new save with this and report back, as I just think I didn't really have the players to make it work.

Proddeh..

Did well with my Everton with this tactics..

Last season, I finished 7... Fernandes natural position is not a FW so we did ok.. He did better when he become accomplished to play FW but still not good enough..

10/11 campaign I bought a bunch of players and we did so much better..

GK:Ochoa

DC:Woodgate, David Luiz, Jagielka

DM:Annan

MC:Beckham and fellaini

MC attack: Fernandes

Targetman: Milvesky

Poacher : Santa Cruz

Trequarist: Rossi

Beckham did amazing MC.. He lead the assist of the team with 8 assist.. Rossi scored 11 out of 14 app.. from 10 league games I lost 2 and draw 1... Unlucky lost from hull because they disallowed 2 of my goals.. Freakin reff !!.. Lost 3-1 from Man U away because 2 mistakes by my CB.. draw even though we had a lot of chances..

League cup I beat Chelsea and Manchester City away.. This formation is promising..

Thx Proddeh !!

This is my 6th season:

I am Wrexham and won BSP, won 2nd, won 1st and started great in Champ.....then came 10.2......

I am now in the end of the summerperiod for 3rd season in championship and putting all my money on this tactic.

I have sold all my backs and wings.

I have sold the "middle" quality players and signed a bunch of young and very gifted players incl. Tales.

I have allso changed the corner strategy to "the last post" and at the end of last season it looked very promising.

Hi Proddeh,

Finished 1st season with Arsenal using this tactic and won the league and FA Cup. Finished 2nd in the EPL behind an incredible Chelsea team and got dumped out of the Champion's League 3-0 on agg by Fiorentina (Who had 0 CCCs over both legs compared to my 10). Towards the end of the season the so called 'super keepers' reared their head. Every match I didn't win the opposition keeper was MOM. Equally I'd say roughly 80% of my goals conceded came from long shots. I've raised the D-Line a notch with the aim of making the opposition shoot from even further out and it seems to have worked for the start of season 2.

Good tactic works well :)

Hi Proddeh,

Finished 1st season with Arsenal using this tactic and won the league and FA Cup. Finished 2nd in the EPL behind an incredible Chelsea team and got dumped out of the Champion's League 3-0 on agg by Fiorentina (Who had 0 CCCs over both legs compared to my 10). Towards the end of the season the so called 'super keepers' reared their head. Every match I didn't win the opposition keeper was MOM. Equally I'd say roughly 80% of my goals conceded came from long shots. I've raised the D-Line a notch with the aim of making the opposition shoot from even further out and it seems to have worked for the start of season 2.

Good tactic works well :)

Thats good to hear :)

Started a new save as man united, i'm now on second season and may have come to a few conclusions on things but a bit more testing is required. I made massive changes to the team in the first window and again in january and again this summer just past, so it would be no suprise to say there is very little of the original united squad left. I know wholesale changes are generally not a good idea but makes things a little more intresting :p

If this season backs up my theory i'll post it up, if not i will do it after the third.

Thats good to hear :)

Started a new save as man united, i'm now on second season and may have come to a few conclusions on things but a bit more testing is required. I made massive changes to the team in the first window and again in january and again this summer just past, so it would be no suprise to say there is very little of the original united squad left. I know wholesale changes are generally not a good idea but makes things a little more intresting :p

If this season backs up my theory i'll post it up, if not i will do it after the third.

Interesting Proddeh.

Who have you signed? Where did you finish in your 1st season?

I'm in December as Spurs in the 1st season and I'm sitting in 5th after a very god run... took my team time for the tactic to settle in but it's paying off now. I unticked the offside as suggested earlier and it has made a difference. Occasionally, if away from home I'll use Counter for most of the game.

I signed Makaay for trequartista (old but very good!) the only thing he isn't good at stat wise is agility.

Things are going well, but would be interested in seeing what conclusions you had come to in your game - I'll stay tuned!

Well done so far and thanks for you hard work.

ive just found a little tweak that will score you alot more goals.......all that has to be done is in OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS on the GK put on CLOSEDOWN TO ALWAYS ,for all games. the poacher will be banging them in .........hope this works for others

Okay here goes.... with some transfer muppetry at its finest.

This is my Man utd save over the past two seasons and 'hopefully' this might aid some problems people have.

First thing i done was offered Phelan an new contract as coach and hired a new assistant manager which was Werner Kern (who is now retiring *cry*) and brought in some new coaches and offered some youth coaches contracts to be "Coaches".

60 million transfer budget given. Now alot of my sales i didn't get the best money possible but i was in a hurry :p.

Summer ins

Moutinho = 9m

Veloso = 16m

Annan = 3m

Sandro = 9.25m

G.Rossi = 24.5m

Zapata = 19m + pex on a youth player

Ochoa = 9m

Cardozo = 9.25m

total = 99m

Summer outs

Darren gibson = 2.5m

Evra = 19.75m

Carrick = 20m

Brandy = 1m

Eikrem P/ex

park on loan 1.1m

cory evans = 750k

De laet = 1.9m

o'shea = 5.5m

d.gray= 250k

Welbeck = 6m

Tosic = 7.75m

Valencia on loan = 2.5m

Fabio = 3.9m (With 50% of next sale clause)

Nani 11.25m

Total = 84.15m (Didn't get to see much of that either!)

First game Charity shield, lost to Chelsea on Pens but they dominated the game.

I can't seem to find the season results so i'll go from memory:

to begin with alot of 1-0 wins scrappy, i was swapping the strikers around alot to find the best combination.

Got knocked out of league cup straight away by tottenham 3:2 away

I had beat man city 1-0 away from home but really didn't deserve too.

I ended up finding the best positions for the front 3 was Rossi(Poacher) Rooney (Treq) and berb(Target), i still wasn't really happy as it was all to erratic, rooney would go from sublime to really poor. Rossi started well but ended up having injuries and then he would go from one goal drought to another.

Jan window

Buys

Jorgensen = 2.8m

M Fernandez = 7.5m

Van der Vaart 7.25m

Toprak = 3.5m

total: 21m

Outs

Norwood = 100k

Diouf = 4.5m

Owen = 3.6m

Obertan = 3.3m

Chester = 450k

Vidic = 29.5m

Simpson = 700k

Foster loan = 625k

macheda loan

total = 42.75m

I forgot to mention Ochoa was really leaky (just not developed enough) was glad when VDS came back but as the seaon wore on he just seemed to decline game by game.

Season improved a bit in performances, got knock out of Champions leage by chesea in quarters.

Won league and fa cup (Fa cup ended up having a really easy run)

Screens:

season1.jpg[/url

season1premstats.jpg

firstseasongoals.jpg

Over the season the strikers were really frustrating as well as the goal keeping so these areas i would be looking into in season 2. When i brought M Fernandez i just stuck him on striker training. De vaart was just a waste of space for me.

I did use at points because of the goal keeping issues "Playing offside" unchecked , but beware against pacey strikers i.e Aston villa, really worth using for them.

Cont season 2...

Season 2

Transfer budget = 40m

Summer buys

Aguero = 52m (Buy out clause)

Akinfeev = 30m

Hyland = 4.5m

Fellaini = 18m

total : 104.5m

Sales (Excluding those left on free like Giggs and scholes etc)

Valencia = 25m

Possebon = 5m

Amos = 675k

Cleverly = 2.4m

Hargreaves 5m

Berbatov = 25.5m

Foster 7.5m

Wes brown = 11.75m

Anderson = 20.5m

Park = 7.5m

V d Vaart = 7.25m

total = 118m

First game charity shield i beat arsenal on penalties.

The season began much like the previous one, strikers erratic, rossi injured and a new leaky keeper Yay!

So after getting fed up i decided to try fernandez as the Trequartista and from there it all changed :D

In the previous season i has swapped rooney and rossi about from poacher to treq and back in an attempt to get it working right but it just wasn't. So with Fernandez in the middle i stuck rooney as the poacher and aguero as the target man.

Anyway the team start playing alot better but chance conversion still was pretty bad, then due to Injury or suspension i can't remember Macheda played poacher.

machedafirst.th.jpg

I noticed he done well so i decided to give him a chance an bench rooney, this is how it remained the rest of the season. He done really well and brought a bit of consistency to the poacher role.

Now i asked my self how is someone with such poor stats out performing Rooney, now i know rooney isn't a poacher but still.... The previous season Cordoza was equally disappointing in the target man role. Then i came to the conclusion its all due the the prefered moves Macheda has none and rooney and cordoza is all shots with power. Then we have rossi who my coaches instructed to make come deep to get ball, this combined with his running to the flanks just made him a complete waste of space.

Through out the season i found it really frustrating at the amount of goals i was conceeding to teams who had like one shot on target the entire game (if this is due to keeper concentration or just due to fitting in with the team i'm unsure) Ochoa end the season being the better keeper and more assured but over fewer games.

January buys

Kalinic (No prefered moves) = 17m

P.Henrique (brought as treq back up, began training (Untested)) = 4.6m

Uysal 1.4m

Total : 23m

Sales

Cardozo = 14m

Rooney (Shock) = 38m

Total : 52m

The team now played much better, alot more how it was on my fulham save, aguero was fantastic as the target man.

Standings

Won the league , league cup and champions league (2-1 real madrid but i was very lucky i was rapping the tempo slider as i couldn't find consistency to passing) and lost fa cup in sixth round i think to liverpool away (think on pens).

Screens

season2table.th.jpg

finalgoals.th.jpg

Screens cont.....

Machedas tally

macheda.th.jpg

Fernandez tally

fernandeze.th.jpg

Good game against Arsenal away

arsenalaway.th.jpg

Chelsea draw :/

chelseadraw.th.jpg

One thing i did change with the tactic was i made the right supporting mid play through balls often from sometimes, this was the case originally but i changed it but i think maybe this way works better. I went back to using the offside being checked for most of second season and found i had to increase tempo up a notch often especially during bad weather games.

I feel much better about the team than in the first season , defensive set plays could do with tweaking but as i have said before it's all about the Trequarista if this formation will work well or not.

With my Fulham save all the players in my team had been raised into the formation which is another main reason it worked so well, i think this formation works better when developing the strikers than buying established ones.

Fist soorry for my english.

This is the best tactic for Fm10 10.2.

I'm in my second season with AC. Milan and player are:

Kameni gk (Abbiati)

Kjaer CD (Bonera)

Nesta CD (Onyevu)

Thiago Silva CD

Miguel Veloso MC (Gattuso)

Flamini CC

Pirlo CC (Riquelme)

Ronaldinho CC

Borriello ST (Huntelaar)

Hulk Trequartista

Pato Poacher

I'm 36 match unbeated in Serie A and i just send out Real Madrid from champion League.

I won 1-0 at home and 3-2 at Bernabeu.

I won 3 -1 against Juve away , 3-0 against Inter at home and 2-0 away with Fiorentina.

As Rooney8 suggested i untick play offside and i'm always play with strategy set as COUNTER.

With this 2 tips my defence is very solid and i still scooring a lot.

THANKS FOR THIS GREAT TACTIC.:thup:

Archived