[WIP] Lancashire League & Nation

sakpase

I spent one year in this part of England when I was younger and was interested to learn about its history which I find interesting so after seeing this other regional leagues of England be made I wanted to do one for Lancashire.

I have pretty much it finished now already, but I would like for people to try it and tell me if their is anything wrong.

One main thing I need to change is the rest of England to make this again playable alongside Lancashire league.

After going on holiday some in the game it was lucky enough to put England in the same European cup qualifying group. Lancashire seem to be a very strong team, not having lost one game yet.

Screenshots

National team

Pre-match teams (Lancashire - England)

http://i46.tinypic.com/167tvs5.jpg

Half time

http://i46.tinypic.com/vmurme.jpg

Full time ratings

http://i48.tinypic.com/mii904.jpg

European Qual Group

http://i48.tinypic.com/21ez1ph.jpg

Lancashire League

http://i45.tinypic.com/npqfm8.jpg

Lancashire League 2

http://i50.tinypic.com/2mnipo6.jpg

Download link (tell me when if I need to reupload this)

http://rapidshare.com/files/317129810/Lancashire.xml.html

I do not know what a ceremonial country is but I know that most are not in this Lancashire which is now current. Places such as Manchester and Liverpool, but this is I guess more Northwest region league then or historical Lancashire as I saw map that it was much larger. You'll know this better than I.

If more people have concerns behind this, please let me know which teams and places and I will correct these.

I do not know what a ceremonial country is but I know that most are not in this Lancashire which is now current. Places such as Manchester and Liverpool, but this is I guess more Northwest region league then or historical Lancashire as I saw map that it was much larger. You'll know this better than I.

If more people have concerns behind this, please let me know which teams and places and I will correct these.

Good effort.

Just to confirm, none of the following are in Lancashire, nor have they been in the last few centuries at least, some never :

League 2 :

Tranmere (Wirral / Cheshire)

Stockport (Cheshire)

Macclesfield (deepest Cheshire)

Chester (Cheshire county town)

Altrincham (Cheshire)

Northwich (deepest Cheshire)

Witton (in Northwich, Cheshire)

If you were to re-name this then it would be better, and please add Bolton Wanderers, the only top Lancastrian team you seem to have missed.

By the by, best to change the sponsor to either Thwaites, Hydes, Bass or Holts. Boddies only have a token presence in Moss Side now, it's mainly brewed in South Wales and Glasgow.

Not a criticism, more an attempt to give you sone hopefully helpful advice. Good luck.

Thanks this is great, just testing that I needed.

I think I will change the name to Lancashire and Cheshire league or North-West league which is more proper do you think?

I cannot believe I missed to change a premier league team to this league, what was I thinking! I will adjust this right away.

In this case I will change to Thwaites, I think this name sounds best :)

My next project is Bavaria and I think it should be ready very soon.

Thanks this is great, just testing that I needed.

I think I will change the name to Lancashire and Cheshire league or North-West league which is more proper do you think?

I cannot believe I missed to change a premier league team to this league, what was I thinking! I will adjust this right away.

In this case I will change to Thwaites, I think this name sounds best :)

My next project is Bavaria and I think it should be ready very soon.

If you do change this to the "North West League" then I'd suggest you consider adding Cumbria too - Workington and Carlisle. Workington is a former league club. This will make it more rounded and representative.

Ok I have made these changes. Workington, Carlisle and of course Bolton is included now. Thwaites name is also changed to.

I have not posted screenshot of this but below the second league it is called 'TVR league east/central/west' and super cup is sponsorerd by Fisherman's Friend as I knew person who worked for this in England and I see this product all over the world. Are these league sponsor good names to you?

I just wander do you think it is still ok for me to use Lancashire flag and name to represent this in game as some of the good players are these from Cheshire towns like Michael Owen and Peter Crouch?

Ok I have made these changes. Workington, Carlisle and of course Bolton is included now. Thwaites name is also changed to.

I have not posted screenshot of this but below the second league it is called 'TVR league east/central/west' and super cup is sponsorerd by Fisherman's Friend as I knew person who worked for this in England and I see this product all over the world. Are these league sponsor good names to you?

I just wander do you think it is still ok for me to use Lancashire flag and name to represent this in game as some of the good players are these from Cheshire towns like Michael Owen and Peter Crouch?

Very good. One final suggestion : TVR went bust a couple of years ago ! Warburtons (well known bread maker based in the North Werst) would be a good replacement.

I did two regions as one, I think cheshire is such a small footballing county it would be best to do just Lancs and Cheshire, you will gain a lot for little work, Cumbria has been done in others and I think the two work well together, it is how I would do it if I was doing the area.

Very good. One final suggestion : TVR went bust a couple of years ago ! Warburtons (well known bread maker based in the North Werst) would be a good replacement.

Oh I am sad to hear this, TVR was such a nice car to look at! I will take your suggestion and make it Warburtons instead though.

I did two regions as one, I think cheshire is such a small footballing county it would be best to do just Lancs and Cheshire, you will gain a lot for little work, Cumbria has been done in others and I think the two work well together, it is how I would do it if I was doing the area.

Well I have now put two teams (and players from these towns) from Cumbria region into this league, Carlisle and Workington, I originally had these but I looked at map and though too far north but I will keep this.

If you do want to do it as just Lancashire, the list of full members of the Lancs FA is here

Thank you for this nice link, I would like to have included a few more teams but their is very little information, I think what is included is enough to have teams with 100 reputation in lowest their is not any worse I can put in.

Archived