FM 10: Official LOSC Lille Métropole Thread- Beware of Hazard

drogba

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hows everyone getting on with Hazard? I've signed him for Genoa and plan to use him out left to cut inside and place shots. Any advice welcome :thup:

I've just finished my first season, played him as an AMC where he was the primary playmaker for the team.

He ended up with 21 goals and around 15 assists, so a pretty good start for the kid. His stats have been increasing quite steadily as well, so he should end up a superstar (at least I hope so).

I think that sounds like a good plan you've got there, although I think he'd probably work best at AMC, he should do a great job on the left too cutting in towards goal. Just make sure you put him on a wingers schedule so that he develops stats that will maximise his ability in that position. Over time, he will probably become a natural AML too, so he should be great for you in that position :thup:

Lyon is offering 10.75M euros for Rami. Should I accept? :confused:

He's just been called for France.

That's a tough call.

For me, Rami was a real rock at the heart of defence, averaging over 7.3 per match.

Having said that, he is a little slow, and that isn't a bad price for him either.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it's up to you :thup:

That's a tough call.

For me, Rami was a real rock at the heart of defence, averaging over 7.3 per match.

Having said that, he is a little slow, and that isn't a bad price for him either.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it's up to you :thup:

It was a hard decision, but i refused. I hope he gets a cap soon, so I can sell him for a better price. I hope. :confused:

You wont get much more for him, but you could probably hang on to him for a couple more years.

He went to Barca for £13 million season 3 in mine so it's a case of whether you want the money now or later really, and obviously how unhappy he is.

In terms of Hazard, he's been much more effective when I've played him as an advanced playmaker, as opposed to an inside forward but that was on the first patch and he appears to have changed a lot so I'm not sure how useful that is.

Okay, I've finished my first season as Lille manager, so this post will be a brief season review:

Ligue 1:

I managed to win the league with some degree of comfort, after OM and Rennes really started to lose it towards the end of the season.

Gervinho won star of the year, Ba won players' player of the year, and Ochoa won goalkeeper of the year, and a number of players made the team of the season, so I was pretty happy with how things turned out.

Europa League:

After a pretty amazing run to the final, I had to face off against Milan. Both sides had a number of injuries, and I had to play Beck at RB despite him being at 79% condition.

I managed to go up 2-0 thanks to goals from Rami and Cabaye, but it started to get pretty tough after HT, and Milan totally dominated the second half.

When Borriello scored I thought that was the end of it, but we managed to hold firm and scrape a victory.

I think this is the first time I've ever won the Europa League in an FM game, so it was a really good result.

Domestic Cups:

Bundled out early in both competitions, so nothing much to say here unfortunately.

Key Players:

Rami - absolute rock at the back, averaging over 7.3 and chipping in with the odd goal as well. Santacroce was also pretty good, and complimented Adil perfectly.

Ba - Scored over 30 goals for the year, with 21 in the league. He also got over 10 assists, so he was quite dominant up front. Morimoto was also solid, with around 20 goals for the year.

Hazard - 21 goals and roughly 15 assists in close to 40 appearances was a very good return for a player so young. I'm really excited about this guy and I can see him being my star player for years to come.

Of my CM players, Diaby and Cabaye were probably the best, whilst Mavuba was just super consistent without doing anything spectacular. Romelu Lukaku, N'Koulou and Mats Rits all look like they could be players in the future as well, so things aren't looking too bad at the moment.

Finally, from the Lille youth stocks, Alcibiade is starting to come on a bit, and Souquet looks like he has the potential to be a solid midfielder as well, so I'll be trying to develop these kids if possible.

Next Season:

I'm hoping perform well in the league again, but I'm looking to change my tactic as, even though I've been getting results, it's been kind of dull to watch the team play. As such, I want to use the technical abilities of Hazard et al. and play some creative, Arsenal-esque football.

I might struggle initially, but hopefully I can build a good tactic which produces good football over time.

As for the Champions League, I'd like to get past the Group Stage, but I'm pretty happy just to feature, so I'm not too fussed as to how we perform. It would be good to do some damage to the bigger teams though :D

Transfers:

I'm about to get into the new transfer window now, so I'll update you on my transfers shortly.

That's it for now, thanks for reading :thup:

Another: Should I sell Gervinho for 12.75M? Real Madrid is offering, and certainly he'll get unhappy if i refuse :(

He is a great player, even though I didn't play him as a regular started (I don't use wingers) he was really good for me up forward, and he ended up winning Ligue 1 Star of the season.

This season, though, I've loaned him out to Leverkusen for 3M, as I want to keep him around in case I change my tactics in the future, but I don't see him playing a massive part in my first team for now.

I'd probably try and ask for a bit more, and if you plan on playing him regularly, you should be able to get a better price for him at a later stage in the game.

He is a great player, even though I didn't play him as a regular started (I don't use wingers) he was really good for me up forward, and he ended up winning Ligue 1 Star of the season.

This season, though, I've loaned him out to Leverkusen for 3M, as I want to keep him around in case I change my tactics in the future, but I don't see him playing a massive part in my first team for now.

I'd probably try and ask for a bit more, and if you plan on playing him regularly, you should be able to get a better price for him at a later stage in the game.

I've tried to ask, but when I asked even €1M more, they cancelled the transfer :confused:

He has played almost every game and has done a good work. I'll keep him even unhappy. I don't care :D

BTW, I've bought McDonald Mariga. Simply outstanding ball-winning midfielder. He scores goals, is a physical monster, and has a good tackling. Paid 4.5M for him, recommended :D

I can't believe in what just happened.

I went on vacations in a boring coupe de ligue match. but I didn't realize that i forgot to return after 1 day. Result: lost the last day of transfer period, without Rami (sold) and almost no backup, with 14.75M to spend. :mad::mad::mad:

Finished my first season. Was second in round 30. Lost 6 (!!!) in a row, and finished the season in 6th.

But i've won the Coupe de France at least. And Milevskyi finished top scorer with 26 goals in 30 matches. Hazard finished 2nd in Assists ranking, with 15 in 37 games.

Excellent season Willis :thup: I look forward to seeing how you improve your squad.

I agree you shouldn't sell Gervinho though, he's better than his stats suggest in my opinion.

Thanks ;)

I've actually done pretty well in the transfer window so far, probably the luckiest I've ever been in terms of gun players being available for low prices as they were transfer listed by request.

I'll do a proper update once I've the transfer window is finished :thup:

Finished my first season. Was second in round 30. Lost 6 (!!!) in a row, and finished the season in 6th.

But i've won the Coupe de France at least. And Milevskyi finished top scorer with 26 goals in 30 matches. Hazard finished 2nd in Assists ranking, with 15 in 37 games.

Bad luck about the tough finish to the year, but it sounds like you still had a very good season.

Yeah, Hazard was great for me as well, and it sounds like Milevskyi was absolutely outstanding for you.

Congrats :thup:

I've just started season 2. :)

Transfers:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6713/semttuloda.jpg

I brought some good transfer listed player from RM, some backups, new wingers and promising newgens. I couldn't keep Mavuba and Gervinho, they asked to be transfer listed, but I think I got a good sale value for both. :cool:

Tactics/current players

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5145/semttulo1bx.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3893/semttulo3k.jpg

I'm in doubt between this tactics. I prefer the second one, but i'm gonna to test it yet. I'll retrain Hazard as AML to be Di Maria's backup maybe. :)

Good buys, Viguitor, you're now up to the same stage in the game as I am :thup:

I'll post my transfers shortly.

On your tactics, I think the second formation looks a bit more stable, but as you say, you need to test it to see how it goes.

Good luck ;)

I'm a bit of the way into my 2nd season now, so it's time for a quick update.

Transfers

loscts2.jpg

I signed quite a few players solely for tutoring purposes (the likes of Makelele, Ayala, Munitis etc.) as some of my younger players have appalling stats in the area of determination, so I'm slowly trying to build them up so they can reach their potential more rapidly.

Dzeko and Adler were both transfer listed by request, so I managed to pick them up for bargain basement prices. I was absolutely shocked they were available for so little. In addition, I managed to sign two of France's most promising players in Moussa Sissoko and Yoann Gourcuff, so that was very pleasing as well.

I also got some good youngsters in Brahimi, Situ, Sanogo and Helan, so all in all, it has probably been my best ever transfer window.

Of course, it was made possible thanks to a combination of last year's results and selling the surplus to requirements players. Considering I actually received 55M from sales and spent 54M on new players, it was a great result.

Next up, I really want to try and sign Cissokho and Sakho for the back 4, as I'm trying to buy French when possible.

New Season

Well, I've started reasonably well, currently I'm about 7th in the league thanks to some mixed results. Although last year went really well, I just hated watching my team play I was very methodical football. This season, I've developed a tactic to try and get some more expressive and creative play on the pitch, and that aspect has been much better.

Gourcuff is absolutely dominant as a box-to-box midfielder, as is Morimoto as a poacher. Hazard has started well too, but he's had a few injury troubles. Further, I've changed the AMC from an advanced playmaker to a trequartista, as I wasn't really able to get Feghouli into the game whilst Hazard was injured, and that seems to be working well so far. At the moment, I'm just trying to refine my tactic and get my players to gel together.

In the CL, I've played two games, which were a win against PSV and a draw to Bayern away, so not too bad.

Anyway, that will do for now, thanks for reading and good luck with your games ;)

I've started extremely poorly. Currently sitting 18th in Ligue 1 after 6 games with a 1 Win, 1 Draw, 4 Loss record. I do have a game in hand however which im gunna have to win. This is when i would normally scrap the save and start with a new team but i think im gunna stay with Lille in order fight through this stage as any a manager has to do. Interestingly the board are happy and my job is under no threat so i should have enough time time to turn around results. I've changed my formation from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 which hopefully will make the difference

Lost Milevskyi for 2 months in February. He is League 1 topscorer (19 goals in 24 games) :(

Now i'm gonna to put Sánchez in attack. I don't like him there because he has low composure :(

I'm leading Ligue 1 with 14 matches left and in Quarter Finals of Europa League. Worst moment ever to lost such an important striker :(

I've started extremely poorly. Currently sitting 18th in Ligue 1 after 6 games with a 1 Win, 1 Draw, 4 Loss record. I do have a game in hand however which im gunna have to win. This is when i would normally scrap the save and start with a new team but i think im gunna stay with Lille in order fight through this stage as any a manager has to do. Interestingly the board are happy and my job is under no threat so i should have enough time time to turn around results. I've changed my formation from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 which hopefully will make the difference

I like your approach, sticking it out during a difficult period and taking the team back up the table will give you a great sense of achievement.

I haven't played the 4-3-3 much, but when I did, I found that it is pretty useful in getting the strikers to score, particularly from shots rebounding off the keeper.

Good luck in any case.

Lost Milevskyi for 2 months in February. He is League 1 topscorer (19 goals in 24 games) :(

Now i'm gonna to put Sánchez in attack. I don't like him there because he has low composure

I'm leading Ligue 1 with 14 matches left and in Quarter Finals of Europa League. Worst moment ever to lost such an important striker :(

Bad luck about the injury, but you're going well and Sanchez is a great player, so he should do a pretty impressive job regardless of where you put him.

For me, Demba Ba has finishing of 12 and composure of 9 and he still scored 30+ goals in my first season, so hopefully you'll still get a good return out of Sanchez in spite of his less than optimal striking stats.

Just got my 'FM laptop' back so I will be posting my update finally soon.

Won 8 out of my first 10 in the new season so far also.

Some great signings there aswell Willis. Dzeko, Adler and Gourcuff :eek:

Sounds like you're going well in the new season, looking forward to your update :thup:

Yeah, it was a pretty incredible transfer window, I couldn't believe my luck. I'm hoping that I can snap up Sakho or Flamini in the next window, but we'll see what happens.

Finished my 2nd season now :D

Ligue 1 - WON

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7355/titlebj.jpg

Coupe de France - WON

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2174/coupedefrance.jpg

Europa League - Semi Final

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9584/semttuloml.jpg

Coupe de la Ligue - 4th round

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7676/coupedelaligue.jpg

Milevskyi's injury almost ruined my season, but Sanchez played surprisingly well as a striker, saving everything. Van der Vaart hasn't played very well, so i'm gonna to sell him and make profit. :)

I've won the Ligue 1 in the last round. Lyon drew the last two rounds of the season for my luck :D

Finished my 2nd season now :D

Ligue 1 - WON

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7355/titlebj.jpg

Coupe de France - WON

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2174/coupedefrance.jpg

Europa League - Semi Final

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9584/semttuloml.jpg

Coupe de la Ligue - 4th round

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7676/coupedelaligue.jpg

Milevskyi's injury almost ruined my season, but Sanchez played surprisingly well as a striker, saving everything. Van der Vaart hasn't played very well, so i'm gonna to sell him and make profit. :)

I've won the Ligue 1 in the last round. Lyon drew the last two rounds of the season for my luck :D

Great season, Viquitor :thup:

I love those close finishes in the league, I think that's when the game is at its most exciting. I thought Sanchez would do okay up front, he's just the sort of player that can perform anywhere in the final third given his ability.

Interesting to hear that VDV isn't performing, he was pretty god for me in my last save. In any case, I got a great profit from selling him, so hopefully you can do the same.

Well, I've just made it to the winter break, and things are on the up.

After a sluggish start to the Ligue 1, my team is starting to play well together and perform within the tactical system I've implemented. As a result, I've won my last seven matches, and currently hold a 5 point lead over Toulouse and Bordeaux.

In the CL, I've made it through to the knockout phase after some decent performances in the group stage (highlighted by a 3-0 win against Bayern). Sadly though, I've drawn Inter, so my first campaign in the CL may end a little sooner than I would like. Having said that, I have a few world-class players, so I can win on any given day depending on their performances.

Oh, and Gourcuff is simply amazing. I have him playing as a box-to-box midfielder (as I want Hazard to play AMC) and he is just dominant, scoring and creating goals on a regular basis. His average rating is 7.50 at the moment, which is the highest I've ever had to this point in a season.

That's it for now, will provide another update after the January tranfer window.

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely no updates here for a while, I haven't much to update as I haven't played too much recently but I am sitting top in January and still in all cup competitions.

Marquinhos and Lukaku have torn up pretty much every opposition in sight so far aswell. My 16 year old regen has started to break into the first team on a regular basis now also and looks amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to restart as Lille on an update, and by the look of it, their only buy in January was Ricardo Costa from Wolfsburg.

I sold the usual suspects really.

Aurelien Chedjou for £1.9m, Marko Maric for £1.4m, Mathieu Debuchy for £1.8m, Larsen Toure for £2.5m and Pierre Alan Frau for £3.2m.

I bought in a few first team players. Luca Antonini for £800k, Magaye Gueye for £2.5m, Edgar Ivan Pacheco for £1.9m and Ivelin Popov for £1.2m and Lacina Traore for £2.2m

Playing the same original formation as Dr.ogba and shall keep you posted.

Good to hear, good luck :thup: Good ins aswell

Resumed my save but it has considerably slowed because of the leagues I started with, but I signed Fellaini for about £20 million on a deadline day impulse buy. Decided just want to bring my youth through so my 16 year old striker tends to start when I do play the save but may well start a new one when the final patch comes out anyway.

Would like to win the champions league on this save first though.

Disposed of Ujpest 8-1 on aggregate.

First 3 Ligue 1 games, a loss to L'OM, a draw with Toulouse and a loss to PSG, 3 hard games tbf.

Beat Vorskla in next Europa League round 7-1 on aggregate.

Then, 2 deadline day moves, Fernando Gago in for £4.4m and Dumont out to Lyon for £2.2m.

Great signing in Gago :thup: your midfield must be class already.

As for a GK ObaMartins I find you can't go wrong with Begovic, and he's always available fairly cheap but the two you mentioned also seem good options.

Also, as people have suggested on here get a new physio because you it will get Landreau back quicker.

Good work :thup: it's good to see people doing well with Lille.

Good signings also, should be fairly cheapish, as long as the ACoN doesn't affect you too badly.

Tulio won't let you down also. Target man, supply to head and he's one of the best on the game from the start imo.

Archived