third season and already bit of realism lost?

How can you ask that realism is lost when talking about the future?

Who would have thought Burnley would make it to the Premier league IRL?

Wolves were a very good team in the 50's and a decent team in the 70's. Look at Norwich and Leeds and Nottingham Forest now IRL...who would have called that "realism" :)

To everyone disagreeing with this - its not a point of 'anything can happen'. Its the fact that on more or less every game, all of these things happen. If Man Utd were languishing in mid table in 2010 on a couple of saves, fine, but they're there on most people's games. Also, Wolves seem to be a major force on a hell of a lot of games. Of course anything can happen, but on this scale, it actually can't.

Yes I know exactly what you mean, i'm in my 4th season playing as Brighton and i'm still stuck in league one after losing in the play-off's, anyway for the past 2 seasons wolves and hull city have both finished around 7th to 10th and sunderland finished in the top 4 last year.

Also, the big clubs have made brilliant improvements with regards to buying youngsters - they're all bying quality for the future.

But... they seem to sell all the quality youngsters on the cheap. On mine, Man Utd bought several brilliant youngsters at 17, for around £5m each, then sold them all on at a loss before they turned 20.

In 2006, who would have believed Peterborough would be in the Championship now??

Wolves were a very good team in the 50's and a decent team in the 70's. Look at Norwich and Leeds and Nottingham Forest now IRL...who would have called that "realism" :)

Spot on, imho :thup:

How about rubbish Burnley finishing 3rd in the 3rd season? I could understand if they were bought by some oil billionaire and signed 20 world stars, but not with the same rubbish squad...

Must be another football fan not happy with us being in the prem oh well must be supporting someone else in the fizzy pop league sorry to geniune fans and going off topic in advance

In the last decade how many times have the top 4 changed other than Everton a few years ago.

In my game Liverpool havn't qualified for the C.League and i'm 5 years in. City buy every player for no less than 50 million and the British force in Europe has been Spurs, Villa, City and Chelski.

United can't get near the top 2... yet pre-fm10 they have won it 3 times on the trott and when they havn't won it theyve been bloody close every year.

Very strange to me how the footballing tide suddenly changes in the exact season as the game starts. It changed in FM 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and now 10 lol! But seriously what a joke Wolves! I mean Wolves - come now that is unrealistic.

Ok then predict the future and we will see nobody can who would have predicted Blackburn winning the league 10 years before they did who would have predicted Denmark winning the European Championship and how many on here have had success with there club when predicted otherwise so why not others doing it. This is the great question in football and when some refure to one the day yes but over long periods class comes through 90 per cent i agree but there are some contradictions to the rule and i suppose this is why we all love football

Using Theo Walcott to prove problems with the database?

Walcott has to be the most overrated player since Nick Barmby! The database is all about researchers opinions.

Neil Lennon was always my secret little buy on the side if I couldn't get Cantona...

Interesting thread, if only because it gives a snapshot of how much people's games can vary once the butterflies start flapping their wings.

Archived