Thread for the Waiting who don't have the game yet - How to kill time?

Well, what the title says. I guess there must be more people like me who wait for the mail to deliver their game at last.

In my case, it was just expected as living in Germany where the game isn't released at all just leaves me the option of ordering abroad with longer shipping times. Still, my highlight of the day is when I finally manage to open the post box ;)

So what are you other guys in the same situation doing now?

Well, I'm lurking here, look at what other people recommend or criticize, what bugs are in the game (very few, makes me happy :)).

But mostly I'm already checking out tactics and players for my usual NUFC first save which apparently poses the biggest challenge ever. :)

And of course, I read the TT&F.

But what do you do while waiting for the game to arrive?

Play FM 09.

This should be in the Official postal strike thread, sorry mate.

Well, FM09 is just a lame duck to me now? Why bother starting another season if my game arrives tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest???

You seem to have misunderstood me. I have no complaints yet about delivery times. Shipped from England on Wednesday, expected time 3-5 working days, so for now we are still within the expected time.

I sit and stare at walls and count to 3000 over and over. Actually I just spent yesterday at a party and today nursing a hangover. Tomorrow i'll be heading out to buy it. I remember the old days when i'd be waiting for a store to open so i could go in and purchase it. Not as committed as that anymore. But still tomorrow will be a fun day. Going to see if i can get the new season of lost too.

I'm in the US and awaiting delivery from the UK. I'll be staring out the window everyday this week waiting for the mail man to come. In the meantime, I'm testing logo's, facepacks, kits, etc in the demo version to see which ones I like.

Well, what the title says. I guess there must be more people like me who wait for the mail to deliver their game at last.

In my case, it was just expected as living in Germany where the game isn't released at all just leaves me the option of ordering abroad with longer shipping times. Still, my highlight of the day is when I finally manage to open the post box ;)

That is, if the customs don't nick your copy of FM10 which I heard had happened at someone else living in Germany.

EA apparently rules the German customs.

On topic: playing FM08 (still)

Well, FM09 is just a lame duck to me now? Why bother starting another season if my game arrives tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest???

You seem to have misunderstood me. I have no complaints yet about delivery times. Shipped from England on Wednesday, expected time 3-5 working days, so for now we are still within the expected time.

Haven't you got any saved games on FM 09 that you can play for a bit more?

Out of interest, is there any particular reason why the game isn't released in Germany? Is it in anyway linked to why the German national team doesn't feature on the game (you know what I mean)?

It just doesn't sell in Germany. Of course that is at least partly due to the fact that the German league could not include real names if the game was sold here. :(

Haven't you got any saved games on FM 09 that you can play for a bit more?

I do, just won promotion to EPL with Leeds after a tycoon takeover, so that would be a possibly very interesting save :)

Yet as I guess the game should arrive either today or tomorrow, what's the point? I wouldn't get past match-day 8 or 10 at max anyway...

Archived