Personalized sleeve problem

we all got screwed me thinks

i want a £10 gift voucher for all the hassle this has caused but i dont think play.com will give me it

Play.com sucks! I haven't even got my copy of the game yet. They say they have sent it on october 28th so it's been over a week. Delivery in 3 to 5 days...my ass!!!

Play.com sucks! I haven't even got my copy of the game yet. They say they have sent it on october 28th so it's been over a week. Delivery in 3 to 5 days...my ass!!!

You too? Today is a week of waiting for me. I think I will buy my copy in the shop and return one that they sent me (if I ever receive it) as unwanted.

Incorrect lol Its not down to Play.com, if it was, you would have logged a ticket with them and not Sega. However you say Sega are aware and are looking into it, so its down to sega and not play.

I have logged one with them and one with Sega as I want this resolving, as the consumer it's my choice to deal with the manufaturer or the retailer.

As the retailer they have a legal obligation to deliver the goods as advertised which they have not so it is up to Play to sort it but due to them being utterly useless I have exercised my right to go direct to the manufacturer.

I am also speaking to Play to find out why they are doing nothing about this.

I mentioned the bit about logging a ticket with Sega to help other people screwed over by Play.com

Not heard of a little thing called a postal strike?

Yeah, but play.com says they will deliver normally even with strike.

Also just today I got a newsletter from them where they said that if you order call of duty: modern warfare 2 by midnight on sunday 8th of november they guarantee delivery for 10th of november.

Yeah copies of Football Manager turned up on Wednesday and Thursday before the Friday Release. Thats the only thing preventing me from really get upset about this sleeve business. If worst comes to worst though I'll return both games to play for refunds and look at getting it locally at Morrisons or something where I can use a relatives 20% Staff Discount.

Yeah, but play.com says they will deliver normally even with strike.

Also just today I got a newsletter from them where they said that if you order call of duty: modern warfare 2 by midnight on sunday 8th of november they guarantee delivery for 10th of november.

I received that newsletter as well, and unless they are using someone different to Royal Mail, which I'm guessing they must be, I don't see how they can guarantee it, especially as strikes are going ahead tomorrow and Monday. And I know they aren't using any other delivery service for other products so I'm not sure how they could claim deliveries wouldn't be affected, especially with an estimed backlog of between 30 and 50 million letters/parcels to deliver. Are you sure you didn't mis-read something as that seems like a pretty bold statement.

Just had an email from Sega to say my 1st Code has been submitted correctly and I'm to allow 28 days for delivery. So the order is going through.

Just been to the Promo Site to input my 2nd Code and thats worked fine on this occasion. No error at all, got a confirmation screen.

I've PM'ed my code to Ben, is that enough or am I better off trying somewhere else as well?

Log a ticket here http://help.sega.com/

From there email, its saying that the custom sleeve order was processed correctly through the website.

Just looks like we didn't get a confirmation page, just a error on their website when we submitted the order.

I had this same issue, so I contacted play.com, they told me to send an email to codesandpromos@play.com 2 days later I got an email with an apology and a replacement code.

"Thank you for your email in regards to your Play code for Football Manager 2010 on the PC, and I would like to apologies for any inconvenience that this issue has caused to you.

To help resolve this issue I have spoken to the games buyers, who have on this occasion been able to provide me with a replacement code for you to use.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

Kris Thomson

Play

"

Might be worth emailing the above. My replacement code worked first time.

just received my email today from sega customer support:

"Hi Abid,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

We are aware that some customers have received an error message after completion

of the personalised sleeve offer. The website displayed an error message

instead of showing a confirmation message. I can now confirm that your order has

been received and processed correctly and you will receive your personalized sleeve

within the allotted 28 days detailed on the site.

Regards

Sega Support"

am chuffed and cant wait!

Well i did the whole ticket thing as well, they told me, it had worked to wait 28 days for delievery, just wondering, has anyone recieved theres yet?

Not had anything yet but it did say up to 28 days so I guess need to wait until end of this month.

got my sleeve today but am a bit surprised at it! i thought it would have been a plastic cover like the Gears 1 LE cover which would have been worth it imo!

also why couldnt it be that one side is my name, the logo, the certificate, the usual and on the other, the description, some screens, the parties involved, the sys requirements, the usual instead of both sides being identical!

^ this is just me voicing my opinion so please take however you wish! :)

got my sleeve today but am a bit surprised at it! i thought it would have been a plastic cover like the Gears 1 LE cover which would have been worth it imo!

also why couldnt it be that one side is my name, the logo, the certificate, the usual and on the other, the description, some screens, the parties involved, the sys requirements, the usual instead of both sides being identical!

^ this is just me voicing my opinion so please take however you wish! :)

Got mine today and I rather like it.

Archived