FM10: Official Paris Saint Germain - Les Rouge et Bleu

-lewis-16-

I've just finished my first season. Champion, French Cup and League Cup winner. Hoarau is the player of the season (avg rating 7.70, also 10 MotM awards), top goalscorer in the league with 37, Sessegnon (7.43) had the most assists (19; Giuly third with 16), he scored the goal of the year, Coupet is the best goalie, and im the manager of the year.

My record: 35 wins, 3 draws, 108pts, 85 goals scored, 12 conceided.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just before my second season started, Standard Liege offered to loan Chantome for 3.9M pounds! I agonized over the decision, as he's first team now, and they were only going to use him as cover, but almost 4M??? with no set future fee? I had to take it!

(He ended up declining, as he's rather start for us then rot on the bench for them)

Fantastic season mate. How do you rate your chances next year in the Champions League?

I have no idea. I had really tough matches against Lyon, OM and Bordeaux. I played against them 8 times and i won 6 derbys, but I cant stand a chance against teams like Barcelona, Chelsea, etc. If I get through group stage to the first knockout round, I'd be satisfied. However, a lot depends on summer signings.

Just before my second season started, Standard Liege offered to loan Chantome for 3.9M pounds! I agonized over the decision, as he's first team now, and they were only going to use him as cover, but almost 4M??? with no set future fee? I had to take it!

(He ended up declining, as he's rather start for us then rot on the bench for them)

To hell with that money. Chantome is great, core member of my team. He had 39 matches, 9 assists, scored 9 goals and picked MotM award 5 times. Moreover, his pass rate is 85% which is second best in the league. Not bad from a 22-year-old.

Lol, it would've only be been for a season, and I'd get him back, no harm no foul. Oh, and lewis, I essentially stole your 4-2-2-2 tactic with the wingers pushed up, Hoarau as a target man, and Erdinc as a poacher.....Aside from Sankhare getting sent off against RC Lens (2-1 lead before, 6-2 loss after), it's worked a charm

I would never let Chantôme leave for any amount of money. He and Sakho bleed PSG.

Fantastic season tough MrJay. Fantastic.

I think you'll fare well in the champions league, my team seemed to play much better against the bigger teams.

Group H

Arsenal

Benfica

Rosenborg

PSG

I think we have a good chance to get through.

Transfers:

In: Ochoa, Chrétien, Vukojevic, Mangala

Out: Sankharé, Baning, Ngoyi, Recoba, Boli, Arnaud, Everton Santos, Ceará (Loan), Grondin, Traoré, Veron, Taidara, Barrada.

I just can't get rid of Kezsman and Rothen. No offers.

Finished the fourth season now, and just started the fifth. Finished 3rd in the league, 2 points of the title, in another nearly season. Probably won't do a season review for that one, because they take ages and it was a frustrating campaign.

Finally worked up the nerve to sell Mevlüt (got 10m from Man Utd :eek:) and I've brought in Gignac to replace him :cool:

Looking forward to this season, I think I'm going to see Aréola as number one from now on, I think his stats are staring to look amazing. Hopefully he'll still improve quite a bit.

I'd really recommend Ochoa tutoring him, he has fantastic hidden attributes, that really help Aréola improve.

Sticking to the 4-1-2-1-2 for this season, hopefully going to win the league this time :rolleyes:

Yeah, he is a great impact player. Always runs in behind the defense causing havoc.

I know its a big problem too, because he won't improve much at the club he begins at, so getting him good training from the beginning is a big advantage. Oh the wonders of managing in France ;)

Have you got a season going at the moment Oba?

Starting to like this never say die attitude from the lads. Another miraculous comeback!

Annoying that Saint-Etienne get the excuse of having ten men mind you, despite the fact it was the last incident in the game.

How we won it with 10 men from the start though is amazing.

Picture14-1.png

Gourcuff saves the day in the end :cool: Two goals and an assist. Genius.

Yeah, he is a great impact player. Always runs in behind the defense causing havoc.

I know its a big problem too, because he won't improve much at the club he begins at, so getting him good training from the beginning is a big advantage. Oh the wonders of managing in France ;)

Have you got a season going at the moment Oba?

Not as PSG no, but I'm tempted to get a game going as them soon.

Fantastic mate :D

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm just running France, England, Scotland, Spain and Italy. Nothing too substantial, because my laptop is generally pretty slow.

What have you loaded up?

Remember if your running the french leagues, load to the third tier, because thats the league the reserves play in. If you don't do that you'll have no fixtures for your reserves. Small thing like that can make a big difference in your game.

Let me know how your getting along though mate. Always interested to see how people get along with PSG ;)

I'd get rid of Ceara for sure. You don't really need him with Jallet starting right back. :thup:

Bourillon on the other hand is worth keeping. If your getting rid of central defenders (the weakest part of the squad imo) get rid of Camara and Traore. Sakho and Bourillon are a decent partnership, but try and bring someone in there if you can, someone like Otamendi would be a good buy.

Any ideas on signings atm?

Yeah, looking at signing both Jorge Andrade and Ebi Smolarek on frees to give a bit more depth to the squad, then maybe sell on a couple players and see who I can sign to improve the team. I doubt i'll be making big changes initially tbh.

As for Bourillon, Rennes are sniffing around him so with the right offer I might sell on and use the money elsewhere. With Camara injured for a while at the start I'll need him though probably.

What formation were you playing Suggy?

I'd probably recommend something like this in the first season.

GK- Coupet Goalkeeper defend

RB-Jallet Full back Automatic

LB-Armand Full back Automatic

CB-Sakho Central Defender Defend

CB-Bourillon Central Defender Defend

DMC-Makélélé Defensive Midfielder Defend/Support

DMC-Chantôme Deep-Lying Playmaker Support

AMR-Giuly Winger Attack

AML-Sessegnon Advanced Playmaker Attack/Support

ST-Hoarau Target Man Attack

ST-Mevlüt Poacher Attack

---------GK--------

-DR--DC--DC--DL-

----DMC---DMC---

--------------------

-AMR---------AML-

------ST----ST-----

That worked very well for me, and fits all of the best players into the starting eleven.

Just a suggestion though, if you can come up with a formation yourself then by all means use that, let me know how you get along though.

Good luck restarting your game, hopefully it works out better this time ;)

Unlucky man :(

My laptop does something similar from time to time, just quitting in the middle of a game, and when I haven't saved it, it is the most annoying thing ever. So I understand your pain ;)

Had you saved at all or will this be you starting from scratch again?

Right, my tactic seems a hell of a lot better this time around. It\'s a basic 4-1-2-2-1.

I bought in Otamendi to play at the CB position for £3m. For a back-up RB, I signed, Albin Ebondo from Toulouse for £2.2m. As a back-up CM, I bought in Necip Uysal for £3.6m. Got Rafael VDV in on season loan, partner Chantome. Finally Milan Badelj to play AML for £2.1m.

First game was against Montpellier, which amazingly, I won 6-0. VDV and Hoarau getting a hat-trick each.

I\'ll keep you posted.

ObaMartins09

Yeah man, I think it's something worth doing. I forgot to at the start, and by the time i realised, I was too far in to restart.

Just causes a bit of difficulty here and there, with your reserves have no fixtures at all.

Let me know how you get along in your new game though :D

Suggy33

Some fantastic signings there mate :thup: Very nice work.

Necip Usal looks like a great prospect, I tried to buy him at one stage too. Obviously Otamendi is a great buy, 3m is a very good price for him too. VDV :cool: Great player, did you happen to get an agreed price on your loan with him? On the demo I got a 7m agreed price, so it means you can get him for a good price at the end of the loan. Badelj is also a very good buy, pretty much a Modric clone, I sold him to Juventus for 15m season 3 in my current game.

Unlucky about your crash dumps, looks like you lost a great game. Glad to see you won 3-2 when you played it again though :D

Did you sell anyone, out of interest?

• 2 weeks later...

Right finally finished my second season. Been an interesting one, but ultimately frustrating one.

Transfers In

Guillermo Ochoa - 11M

Etienne Capoue - 8M

Sergey Isnashevich - 12.75M

Yohan Mollo - 9.5M

Francisco Merida - lrn fee 1.2M

Transfer Out

Zoumana Camara - 1.2M

Mateja Kezman - 3.5M

Maxime Partouche - 2.5M

Jerome Rothen - 1.1M

Yannick Boli - 1.8M

Peguy Luyindula - lrn fee 150k

Claude Makelele - Free

Christian Vieri - Free

Allot of money spent, but I used the leftover from last season budget to sign Ochoa before the game redid the finances. Capoue replaced Makelele who wouldn’t sign a new contract and joined Bordeaux. Isnashevich came into to further strengthen my back line, and Mollo was a one eye on the future signing. I was lucky with both these players, as their respective cubs wanted allot for them, but financial difficulties meant I could knock down the price. I was delighted to find clubs for Rothen and Kezman, now just a permanent move for Luyindula.

Ligue 1

Final Position: 2nd

Champions: Marseille

A strong start saw me unbeaten until mid October, with the only blemish on my record being a 1-1 draw with Toulouse and with Lyon and Bordeoux struggling it quickly came between PSG and OM, putting extra emphasis on the first big game between the two clubs. Unfortunately OM came away with a 2-0 win, bringing on a spat of inconsistent form, form which I couldn’t re-find until after Christmas. A good January put us back into contention, but another poor defeat this time to a resurgent Lyon led to more inconstancy. Impressive victory was followed by defeat. I did however get my own back on OM, beating them 3-0 at home. Going into the last game of the season OM held a 1 point lead over myself, with Bordouex a point behind me. A solid 2-0 victory over FC Metz rounded off my season but O'M unfortunately managed the same against Toulouse.

Season Highlights

Having conceded only 28, i had the best defence in the league.

Season Low

Discipline cost in key games. Sakho, Isnashevich, Jallet, Makona, Armound, and Capoue all had appalling card records.

Champions League

Quarter Finals

My first champions league campaign. I got drawn in probably the easiest group consisting of Villerreal, Shaktar Donesk, and Rubin Kazan, but almost failed to qualify. I looked comprehensive in my first two games against Shaktar and Rubin, and was unlucky away to Villerreal. When the Spaniards came to Paris I was all over them but Capoue got sent off at 1-0 and i eventually lost 2-4. Isnashevich then got sent off against Shaktar but Mollo salvaged me a 1-1 draw, and victory over Rubin qualified me on what I can only presume is head to head as Shaktar had a better GD and GF then me.

I drew Fiorentina in the First Knock Out Round. Playing at the Parc des Princes first, I took a good 2-0 win to Italy. I lost 1-0 which was good enough for me.

Quarter final drew against Premier league leaders Chelsea. The games came at the worst time, Hoarau and Erdinc were injured, so I relied on Arnaud. The fist leg was tight and i seemed to hold them, until the 72 min when Arnaud, in his first game of the season, gave me the vital away goal, this kick started Chelsea who were then irresistible, eventually winning 2-1. The return was almost a carbon copy. Again I held them till the 70 min, when sub Arnaud, in his second game of the season, gave me the lead. Again Chelsea reacted strongly and equalised minutes later. Arnaud did score another but was judged offside which saw me exit the competition.

Coupe de la Ligue

Winners

My first silverware. Playing a b-team till the final, I scraped through several round. Areola was the hero of the competition, winning me 2 penalty shoot outs. Unfortunately he was away with France u19 for the final against OM. Sessegnon scored just before half time to win the cup.

French Cup

Quarter Final

As with the Coupe de la Ligue I played a second string, but the games came at the wrong time. The quarter final was in the middle of the Chelsea games, before the Coupe de la Ligue final and around about some important league games. I went out to LOSC Lille Metropole, one of the better teams this year.

Top Scorer

Hoarau - 33

He didn’t hit the same level in the league as last year, but 8-8 in Europe isn’t bad.

Player of the Year

For me its between two new players, Ochoa and Mollo. Ochoa kept me in so many games, but Mollo quickly became a key player in the first team. He is fantastic on the left and while he does waste allot of opportunities, he scored some crackers.

Tripy Makona also came through as probably the best LB in my squad. Was quality all season.

Places to Improve

Discipline is a worry, not sure how to solve it.

Future Transfers

A new right mid is a must, Guily probably isn’t good enough for another season and I don’t think Boudeboz is top quality. Don’t really have a target, will see who the scouts drag up. I will also look at some good young prospects in the LB, AM, and CB position. Have a few regens marked, but I will see who my scouts uncover.

catsey2021

Unlucky finishing second mate. Sounds like a frustrating season, I've had many ;)

Well done in Coupe de la Ligue though :thup:

Obasi an option for the right wing? He's phenomenal.

twattyatkins

Excellent mate, keep me up to date on how your getting along. I've been away for a bit so not been on the forums much, but I should be around more often now. Got to try and get this thread active again :D

As for my game, I'm now in my 6th season and have just taken the France job. Finally won Ligue 1 on my fifth attempt, which made it all the sweeter. Things are going well, and the team is looking great, hopefully gonna make this back-to-back titles, which perhaps a little European glory ;)

Obasi is unfortunatly at Lyon, and they would want quite a bit of money to part. In fact I find it really hard to attract players to PSG. It seems as soon as I come intreasted in someone then so does Valencia, or Lazio, even Zaragotha appears to be a faverable option to PSG. Maybe it the money on offer?

Hi guys. great thread and I'm loving PSG so far.

Lewis - in the formation you recommended that Suggy play dont you have a huge cap in the center of the field in between the DM's and forwards? Especially with both on attack!!! The formation you suggested seems very unbalanced to me.

So I'm in my second season with PSG and trying to keep the team together as much as possible and have as many French or African's that speak french as possible to keep it more realistic/domestic. Oh and I'm using the newest patch.

Season One Summary

Finished 3rd in the league with OM and Lyon far ahead.

Transfers: Bought Salomon Kalou for 4 mill pounds. Loans: Diaby, Gago.

Formation: 4-2-3-1 Deep

Key players:

Hoarau - top scorer in the league.

Sessegnon - highest average rating in the league (played him in the AMC role with attacking playermaker duty and was incredible!) Guily - played very well despite his old age leading the league in assists.

Worst players - Gago, Kalou.

Second Season Summary:

Right now still early in the season but I did get crushed in the Champs Leauge best playoff by Sporting CP who were just fantastic! Unfortunate to draw such a good team in the playoff. But this was the only thing that's really happened so far so i'll talk about summer signings and mindset.

Formation: 4-2-3-1 Deep

Goalie: Coupet played fine last year and I am hoping he can last another season or two at which point hopefully Boucher or Areola will be good enough for the first team. I really don't want to have to spend the transfer kitty on a keeper.

Defense:I felt that I had a good defense but I lacked an attacking left fullback as Armand didn't help to much in games when I needed a goal, so I got Maxwell on loan because Makonda is still not good enough for Ligue 1 action.

Midfield:

I wanted to keep Makalele and Guily as starters or key reserves at least despite their old age because they played so well last season. But I realize that they can't play as much due to their old age so I brought in Acosta on loan to compete with/cover for Guily with the option to buy him for 2 mil which is a good deal and he has already shown he is worth the 2 mil. To cover for Makalele brought in Partick Veira for free as he was out of contract at inter! which I am loving!! What a player despite his lack of pace! To youthen things up I brought in Zargo Toure on loan. Zargo was at USBCO when Barca bought him for 3 mil pounds but decided they didn't want him anymore so I brought him in to see if he could cut it in Ligue 1 with the option to buy. He has the mental and physical stats to become a great DMC or ball winner, but his tackling is poor :( so I put him on his own training schedule to see if his defense improves. Although Kalou played awful his first season I saw greatness in him so kept him in the starting lineup as my left winger and he has been improved so far and him and Acosta look to be my wingers of the future.

Forwards: As I only play with one forward this was not a position of concern as I already have Hoarau and Erdinc both of which performed well last year. But I saw Altidore on the transfer list and couldn't resist so I brought him in on loan with the option to buy. I also had Victor Obina on my shorlist and he was out of contract so I picked him up for free. Hopefully he'll either become good enough to compete on the wings or I can sell him and make a quick profit.

Youngsters This is where I made most of my activity. Brought in a about five of French youngsters and French regens that cost me about five mil overall. My top scout also found two great 15 yr old Brazilians with 4 star potential! So I bought them with monthly installments over 48 months for 4 mil each. I know that this goes against my philosophy of keeping the squad French or African but they were too good to turn down and I didn't think it too unrealistic that a French club would pay to bring a good youngster out of Brazil. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post a screenie because this forward regen is the best I've ever seen ever in any FM game! It might be a little unfair how good he is ha. As soon as he makes his way to France in two years he'll immediately start.

Nice to have you here mate. :)

That formation actually worked a treat for me for me, until I bought Gourcuff and moulded the formation around him.

Attacking from the flanks, while being very stable in defence, with one DMC sitting and the other supporting.

Might not work for everyone, but if your wanting to get lots of crosses into the box (i.e. for Hoarau) then it's very effective. :thup:

Your formation is the one I'm currently using for the French National Team though, it's great too. For PSG I use a 4-1-2-1-2.

Altidore is a very good buy, and Obinna will rip teams to shreds with his pace, they'll give you plenty of options upfront.

What went wrong with Gago and Kalou out of interest?

I would strongly recommend buying in a new keeper, Coupet is solid in season one, but if you really want to challenge in the League and in Europe then bring in someone new. Ochoa is fairly cheap, and you'll struggle to find a better keeper than him. If not Remy Riou and Yohan Pele are other options, just until Areola is ready.

Are the french youngster's you brought in regens?

Glad your enjoying PSG mate, nice to have you in the thread too. :D

Lewis - If Areola looks that good looks that good at 21 I will try to hold out on buying a GK until then. About Gago and Kalou - I'm not sure why Gago played poorly he kept getting ratings in the low six's though and that just wasn't good enough to keep a place in the first team. He's a great player and maybe if I had him one more season he would have figured out how to play better in the french league but my CM is already so strong I didn't feel I needed another CM permanently. Kalou has been fanstastic this season so I guess he worked all his troubles out. Obinna is torching other teams with his pace when I play him as a AML but since Sessegnon got injured (for 2 months!) I have been playing a straight up 442 and he just can't cut it at ML (attack winger duty) because his lack of technical ability has him giving the ball away in bad spots.

I do have one question about playing away from home vs weaker opponents (ex: Strasbourg, Lorient). Which mentality do you mainly use? Because I have been using counter and standard becasue when I use defense the whole game passes by without anything ever happening, but when I use counter or standard I always get scored and lose. Is there a solution to this?

Oh, and all of the youngsters I bought are regens except for Situ.

Yeah HoPeY, his rushing out is a little low atm too. Is eccentricity really important though?

Phillyboy16

Fair do's I guess on the goalkeeper front, Areola should reach a very good level with games, training and tutoring, so I agree he's definitely future first choice. It's just a matter of weather Coupet's limbs last long enough, until Areola reaches that point.

I actually have the same trouble tbh. Against the smaller teams we really under perform and I can't put my finger on why. Whenever I have a backroom advice meeting, they say we always perform well against teams with high reputations, but we are complacent against smaller reputation teams. Why? I'm not sure, but I haven't been able to cure out problem, generally atm though we go and play badly but come away with a 1-0 win, with a bit of brilliance from Gourcuff or Macheda.

How is Situ developing for you?

Archived