Football Manager 2010 EDITOR

• 2 weeks later...
editor.jpgi got fm the day it came out and installed via steam and opened data editor without a problem. had to uninstall and reinstall due to getting new comp and installed exact same way and now cannot open it. instead i get this show up. all i wanna do is just open my data editor properly and use it in my game. please help.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with the editor, I can't even load it, because every time I click on the icon in the editor file, it says "Editor 2010 is already running" .... I'm on Windows Vista, and I downloaded FM2010 via Steam after I'd bought it.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I may help some MAC users. The default location for the files is Macintosh HD>Users>{you}>Documents>Sports Interactive. Make sure to save files to the Editor Data File in the Applications>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2010>Editor Data File. Also, I had a corrupted alias file that was not allowing me to save edited data so retoute that if you run into the same problem as I did.

i got a problem i dont noo how to get on to data editor can u help pleasee:D:thdn::thdn:

If installed without using Steam it can be found here:

C: > Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > tools > editor > editor.exe

If installed using Steam it can be found here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2010\Tools\

• 2 months later...
When you click 'new game' a pop up box should appear. In the bottom right had corner of that pop up there shoud be a box marked 'change'. Select this and, when you continue, a page should appear with all your database add ons. Just select the ones you want to be included in the game.

Hi m8,

The problem is that the pop up box does not appear anymore. I was using the editor and everything was going fine, until one day, i made some changes in the editor and when i started the game, nothing had changed. That is when i realized that the pop up box that used to appear stopped appearing. As i can see a lot of peooke have the same problem. So have we found out what the problem is and how we can solve it??

Thanks much in advance

Hello again,

I checked the link above and it starts with capital letters saying "MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT EDIT THE CONFIG.XML FILE, THIS FILE IS NEEDED FOR YOUR FILES TO BE LOADED INTO FOOTBALL MANAGER"

I believe you can easily guess my problem... I made some changes in the editor and then i saved them to the config. file. So now when i start the game, no pop up window appears and the starting db is loaded every time. Is there something i can do to change this? I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and i still could not get the editor changes to work...

Anyone have a solution please ;)

Thanks much in advance

Zarko, as the pop up box isn't appearing, you'll have to delete the config file. Go into the Editor, and delete it that way. Close down the Editor and restart your computer. A new config file should have been automatically created, and when you edit in future you can save those edits as seperate files. The pop up box should start appearing again. :thup:

Hope it works. :)

Zarko, as the pop up box isn't appearing, you'll have to delete the config file. Go into the Editor, and delete it that way. Close down the Editor and restart your computer. A new config file should have been automatically created, and when you edit in future you can save those edits as seperate files. The pop up box should start appearing again. :thup:

Hope it works. :)

Thanks a lot m8. I'll give it a try ;)

• 4 weeks later...

HELP PLEASE! my Football manager 2010 Editor opens, (i am using Steam), but just has a green bar at the top and says 'Must Respond!' at the top right, but i am unable to click anything. it is a blank screen, help appreciated please..

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I didn't notice. :o

Finder > Macintosh HD > Applications > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > Tools > editor > Editor.app

I have the same problem finding the editor. I simply don't have the SI folder in my Applications folder... Can't find the editor anywhere.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived