Idea: We should be able to select which languages we speak.

vhahwvxequ - good idea, but I'm after something more realistic to make the player feel more 'involved' as a manager. Being able to personalise your profile beyond just a name, age and nationality would be far better. And I don't think anyone disagrees with the notion.

PS - how do you pronounce your name? :D

vhahwvxequ - good idea, but I'm after something more realistic to make the player feel more 'involved' as a manager. Being able to personalise your profile beyond just a name, age and nationality would be far better. And I don't think anyone disagrees with the notion.

PS - how do you pronounce your name? :D

Bet the guy who speaks Welsh has no problem pronouncing it.

Very good idea.

I was absolutely baffled in FM2009 when the 'language barrier' question first popped up after being presented national manager of Ivory Coast. It was the only time i typed in foul language in the 'additional comments' box...

Either remove the 'langauge barrier'-question or let us add our own languages.

• 3 months later...

and what happened with this idea? What does SI members say about this? Will you think about getting this option in FM 10.3?

Because, really, I don't want to chose switzerland or danemark as my second nationality, only because of the language. I want to make it realistic: I am bosnian, speak perfect german and italian, and basic english. So, I am coaching in Bosnia and would like to go to Italy or Germany as bosnian and not as a second citizenship of one of this country.

For me, this idea has max. points. We need it! :thup:

Thumbs up for this one. Would not be difficult to code into the game after all!

PS i have added Welsh and Basque to my game, but it is kind of pointless since only about a quarter of the population (mostly farmers in remote villages which are not included in FM) speak each language and the majority of both regions communicates in English/Spanish. Nice to see some Welsh-speaking regens coming through at Swansea tho!

Actually, I think it has, too. I'm sure I can remember setting which languages I can speak in one version... :confused:

Yeah it was definitely in a few versions ago, maybe 06 or 07.

I fully support this idea, along with 'fleshing out' the managers career in more detail.

Yeah it was definitely in a few versions ago, maybe 06 or 07.

I fully support this idea, along with 'fleshing out' the managers career in more detail.

Hasn't been in any FM - I have them all and it's definitely never been an option, maybe back in Championship Manager.

Archived