League Cup Winners - Man City

Community Shield Winners - Arsenal

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners - Barnsley

Conference League Cup Winners - Grays

FA Trophy Winners - Mansfield

Champions League Winners - Barcelona

UEFA Cup Winners - Olympique Lyonnais

World Cup - Germany

There's quite a few teams that seem to be bouncing around between divisions. As a Peterborough fan I always check what they're up to, and they seem to be bouncing between the Championship and League 2!

Rotherham United - Blue Square Premier - 2014/15

Mission accomplished:

League Table

League Position Graph

I thought we were going to throw it all away with a couple of games to go when we dropped down to second place, but luckily my usual bad luck in the play-offs wasn't repeated. My play-off record is now 2 promotions from 5 attempts, so I suppose that's not terrible, but I really would like to never have to play in one again.

We also won the FA Trophy along the way for a nice little pot of prize money. I'd like to think that's the last time I'll ever play in it...

Transfers - Lot's of comings and goings over the summer, mainly because I decided to get rid of all my highly paid, experienced players, and replace them with a load of teenagers recently released by Premier League and Championship clubs. The theory being if we got promoted, hopefully they'd be good develop enough over the season to be able to keep us up too. It also led to a £6000 p/w reduction in our wage budget.

Finances - A near £600,000 swing in the right direction! We went from a £281,000 loss last season to a £290,000 profit this year, meaning we're still in the black at the end of the season (just). The reduction in the wage bill certainly went a long way towards achieving this, as did the cup runs and a few pre-season friendlies against Premier League clubs (the Everton game brought in nearly £100,000!). Unfortunately every player in the squad has a had a pay rise due to the promotion, so we're starting pre-season £2000 p/w over the wage budget, with some definate gaps in the squad that need filling, so I'm going to need to have another clearout to fund another summer of recruitment...

Squad - Everyone performed to a decent standard. The only problem is that the only player who scored consistently was on loan from Man City - he'd cost £600K to buy, and doesn't want to come on loan for another season. So main priority for the pre-season is to sign a striker capable of getting me 20+ goals in League 2. For free. I'm not overly confident.

Career Overview

Season	Team	        League                 Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/09	King's Lynn     Blue Square North      5th         Lost in play-off semi-final
09/10	King's Lynn     Blue Square North      3rd         Lost in play-off semi-final
10/11   King's Lynn     Blue Square North      4th         Promoted via play-offs
11/12   King's Lynn     Blue Square Premier    12th
12/13   King's Lynn     Blue Square Premier    6th (at time of resignation after 18 games)
12/13   Bristol Rovers  League 2               24th        Relegated to BSP (sacked)
13/14   Rotherham       Blue Square Premier    5th         Lost in play-off semi-final
14/15   Rotherham       Blue Square Premier    2nd         Promoted via play-offs

Next season

The board want a mid-table finish, but I think we might struggle. For the third summer in a row I'm going to have to sell off anyone who I can get money for just to balance the books, and let the higher earners (ie. best players) leave. The average age of my squad is only 20, and I think the step up a division may have come a year too early for them. I only have a year left on my contract, and so far I've not been offered a new one. I'm only on £525 p/w, and if a good offer comes in, I may walk. I've already had an offer from a French third tier club, but they only offered £475 p/w, and wouldn't budge. I'd want £1000+ a week to go abroad.

2014/15 Season Summary

Premier Division

Winners - Man City

Relegated - Sheff Utd, Doncaster, Watford

Championship

Winners - Gillingham

Promoted - Gillingham, Hull, Sunderland

Relegated - Derby, Cardiff, Crystal Palace

League 1

Winners - Charlton

Promoted - Charlton, Nottm Forest, Carlisle

Relegated - Wycombe, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Tranmere

League 2

Winners - Blackpool

Promoted - Blackpool, Oldham, Brentford, Aldershot

Relegated - Oxford, Bristol Rovers

Conference

Winners - Macclesfield

Promoted - Macclesfield, Rotherham

Relegated - Braintree, Ilkeston, Forest Green, Eastbourne Boro

Conference North

Winners - Fleetwood

Promoted - Fleetwood, Southport

Relegated - Farsley, Droylsden, Eastwood

Conference South

Winners - Havant & W

Promoted - Havant & W, Basingstoke

Relegated - Boreham Wood, Oxford City, Farnborough

FA Cup Winners - Liverpool

League Cup Winners - Man Utd

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners - Nottm Forest

Conference League Cup Winners - York

FA Trophy Winners - Rotherham

Champions League Winners - Chelsea

UEFA Cup Winners - Tottenham

Woohoo! We went up, Bristol Rovers went down and King's Lynn stayed down, so in a reversal of last year, the best of the 3 teams I've managed is the one I'm currently at!

Within minutes of writing this update, Rotherham offered me a new 3 year deal at £575 p/w. I'm enjoying this job, and I think I can have them in League 1 within 3 years, so I signed. I definately won't leave for at least 2 seasons now, unless I'm sacked or offered the Peterborough job.

Unless I get a really good offer, I'll stay at Rotherham for at least another 2 years hopefully. I'd like to get another promotion with them if I can, then move on to a club with a bit more financial stability to allow me to push on towards the Premier League. As much as I'm enjoying Rotherham, with no ground and a large debt, I'm always going to have to sell my best players to keep the club affloat.

Nice work with Rotherham in getting promotion. :thup:

Like that the AI Gills did a lot better than me in getting them to the Premier League. Just hope they stay there this season. :D Are they still at Priestfield?

And how are the leagues outside England shaping up?

Nice work with Rotherham in getting promotion. :thup:

Like that the AI Gills did a lot better than me in getting them to the Premier League. Just hope they stay there this season. :D Are they still at Priestfield?

And how are the leagues outside England shaping up?

Yep, still at Priestfield, and currently sitting 7th in the Premier League after 20 games!

I haven't really paid attention to any of the top leagues as I've generally been in the non-league. But you've got me wondering now, so I'm going to have a look, and I'll post in a minute with the past winners from each country since the start of my game.

English Premier Division

Year     Winner       Runner Up          Third Placed
2015     Man City     Man Utd            Arsenal
2014     Arsenal      Man Utd            Chelsea
2013     Man City     Arsenal            Man Utd
2012     Chelsea      Man Utd            Man City
2011     Chelsea      Man City           Arsenal
2010     Man Utd      Chelsea            Arsenal
2009     Chelsea      Arsenal            Man Utd

Interesting to see no sign at all of Liverpool in the top 3 in 7 years. Plus Arsenal have only won the league once - I thought they were supposed to dominate FM09?

Serie A

2015     Sampdoria    Juventus           Fiorentina
2014     A.C. Milan   Roma               Juventus
2013     Fiorentina   Juventus           Roma
2012     A.C. Milan   Juventus           Roma
2011     A.C. Milan   Inter              Roma
2010     A.C. Milan   Inter              Fiorentina
2009     Inter        A.C. Milan         Roma

Some unexpected winners in amongst the Milan domination?

LIGA BBVA

2015     R. Madrid    Barcelona          Sevilla
2014     R. Madrid    Barcelona          Zaragoza
2013     Barcelona    R. Madrid          Valencia
2012     Barcelona    R. Madrid          Valencia
2011     Barcelona    R. Madrid          Sevilla
2010     R. Madrid    Barcelona          Sevilla
2009     Barcelona    R. Madrid          Valencia

Now that's what I call a 2 horse race. This could be an interesting league to manage in to try and break the Barcelona & Madrid domination.

Rotherham United - League 2 - 2015/16

Well that was a much nicer experience than my last visit to League 2:

League Table

League Position Graph

We took a few games to settle into playing at a higher level, but from mid-September onwards, we always looked likely candidates for promotion, and when we hit the top of the table around Christmas time, we just kept getting better.

Transfers - At a club like Rotherham, transfers are both frustrating and quite good fun. If anyone ever offers us any money for a player, we have to take it. Equally, if an established player wants too much money, we have to let them go. It's very hard to build a settled team. But at the same time, it is good fun trying to find a new batch of free transfers each summer who are as good as or better than the ones on their way out of the club. It worked this season, but will only get harder the further up the leagues we go.

Finances - We stayed in the black all season again, but then had to pay out a £240,000 bonus for winning the league! Looks like another pre-season of selling our best players...

Squad - We have great spine to the team, in Thompson at the back, Spooner in midfield and Edwards upfront. They're all been at the club for a couple of seasons now and perform consistently well. Unfortunately, they're all attracting interest from bigger clubs, and I'll have to accept any offers that come in to balance the books.

Career Overview

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/09	King's Lynn     Blue Square North      5th         Lost in play-off semi-final
09/10	King's Lynn     Blue Square North      3rd         Lost in play-off semi-final
10/11   King's Lynn     Blue Square North      4th         Promoted via play-offs
12/13   King's Lynn     Blue Square Premier    6th (at time of resignation after 18 games)
12/13   Bristol Rovers  League 2               24th        Relegated to BSP (sacked)
13/14   Rotherham       Blue Square Premier    5th         Lost in play-off semi-final, Conference League Cup Runner-Up
14/15   Rotherham       Blue Square Premier    2nd         Promoted via play-offs, Won FA Trophy
15/16   Rotherham       League 2               1st         Promoted as Champions

Next season

I think that's my job done at Rotherham. When I joined them 3 seasons ago, they had just suffered back-to-back relegations and were in the Conference. They were also losing money hand over fist. Now they're back in League 1, and financially stable with a good young squad that is only going to get better. Unfortunately, without owning their own ground, and with such low attendances (even last season only averaged around 4000), I don't think I can take them any further. I'm very much listening to any offers that come along.

2015/16 Season Summary

Premier Division

Winners - Arsenal

Relegated - Fulham, Birmingham, Sunderland

Championship

Winners - Watford

Promoted - Watford, Doncaster, Everton

Relegated - Charlton, Nottm Forest, Carlisle

League 1

Winners - Millwall

Promoted - Millwall, Brighton, Huddersfield

Relegated - Peterborough, Brentford, Scunthorpe, Bury

League 2

Winners - Rotherham

Promoted - Rotherham, Lincoln, Wycombe, Cheltenham

Relegated - Tranmere, Kidderminster

Conference

Winners - Havant & W

Promoted - Havant & W, Mansfield

Relegated - Basingstoke, Fleetwood, Burton, Histon

Conference North

Winners - Northwich

Promoted - Northwich, Ilkeston

Relegated - Vauxhall, Marine, Solihull Moors

Conference South

Winners - Forest Green

Promoted - Forest Green, Tonbridge

Relegated - Bognor Regis, Hampton & Richmond, Harrow

FA Cup Winners - Tottenham

League Cup Winners - Man Utd

Community Shield Winners - Man City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners - Northampton

Conference League Cup Winners - Salisbury

FA Trophy Winners - Salisbury

Champions League Winners - Arsenal

UEFA Cup Winners - Tottenham

Euro 2016 Winners - Norway

I'm keeping an eye on Havant & Waterlooville. They were taken over by a Thai tycoon 2 years ago, and having spent £3.5million on players, they've now had back-to-back promotions and will be League 2 for next season. They spent £800K on an England Under 19 striker from Sunderland when they were still in the Blue Square South, he's now scored 52 goals in 77 games! I'm glad I'm not still down at that level, as it would very frustrating trying to compete with that!

Plymouth Argyle Football Club

600px-Plymouth_Argyle_FC.svg.png

This was a very easy decision. I was already getting itchy feet when Plymouth came in and offered to more than double my weekly salary to £1300 per week. My assistant resigned with me, and I immediately appointed him at Plymouth to reward him for his loyalty. Plus his recommendations have been excellent over the last 2 seasons, so hopefully he can keep that going.

Plymouth have been a boring mid-table League 1 side for the last couple of seasons, and that's all they want me to do this season as well. So without the pressure to achieve anything, and the huge £65,000 per week wage budget I've been given, I'm quietly confident about sneaking a promotion through the play-offs, which would be my third in a row.

When reading up on the club, I also notice they are the largest city in England never to have a top flight football club. I might have to see this one through, because I'd like to add that achievement to the CV.

I just need to think of a suitable new name for my thread now. Any idea's?

Well done mate, Very good job getting back to back promotions with Rotherham.

I also like to try to turn round a club that is struggling for cash. It feels like more of an achievement than winning with a rich club.

Good luck in the next phase of your career. This could be where you make the step up in reputation to be mentioned amongst some of the bigger names in football.

How did The Gills do the past season? They didn't get relegated. :D :D

They finished 14th. And in a semi-spoiler of the update I'm about to write, they finished 17th the following season, so they're now into their third consecutive year of Premier League football.

Plymouth Argyle - League 1 - 2016/17

This was probably the most fun season I've had in this save so far. I had double the wage budget I had with Rotherham, and only half of it was being used when I arrived, so I had some fun, and signed some top quality players. We were good enough to win the division, and we should have really, but I can't be too disappointed with 2nd place and my third promotion in a row.

League Table

League Position Graph

It was also nice to see Rotherham secure a nice safe spot in mid-table. I'd hate to see them undo 3 seasons of hard work and start to slide back down again.

Transfers - The first thing I do when I arrive at a new club is sell every player who is unhappy. If they don't want to be there when I first arrive, they're not welcome to stick around! At Plymouth, that meant selling the 2 star players from the year before for a combined £1.5million. That comfortably paid off the £200,000 debt at the club, and gave me a some money to spend for the first time in my career (£250,000). The first thing I did was sign my captain from Rotherham, Stephen Thompson, who'd been with them since they were in League 1 before. He hadn't let me down in my 3 years at the club. I immediately appointed him captain at Plymouth as well. I spent the rest of the money on a central defensive partner for him, and a central midfielder to replace our record sale. The rest of my transfers were frees who I'd been tracking for a while at Rotherham, but couldn't afford.

Finances - A very healthy profit for the season of £840,000, mainly due to the 2 big sales pre-season. We still found ourselves in the red at the end of the season though, after paying out some big bonuses for the higher than expected league finish. I've got some big money friendlies lined up for the pre-season, and my star midfielder who I signed on a free last season is being linked in the media with a £7million move to Celtic! So hopefully money won't be an issue in the future...

Squad - My 2 star men were my central midfield partnership of Neale Saunders and Adam Johnson. They complement each other perfectly, Saunders sits in the holding role and Johnson gets forward well and scores goals. I see Saunders at 23 as a future captain of the club, who could still be in the team in the Premier League. Johnson on the other hand isn't interested in renewing his contract, and with only a year left to run, and multi-million pound transfers being rumoured, I think he's probably on his way. I'll keep trying throughout pre-season to get him to sign though.

Career Overview

13/14   Rotherham       Blue Square Premier    5th         Lost in play-off semi-final, Conference League Cup Runner-Up
14/15   Rotherham       Blue Square Premier    2nd         Promoted via play-offs, Won FA Trophy
15/16   Rotherham       League 2               1st         Promoted as Champions
16/17   Plymouth        League 1               2nd         Promoted

Next season

I'm very much looking for consolidation in the Championship. My experience from my Peterborough save is that the Championship is the hardest league in the game to get out of. I think it took me around 5 years with Peterborough. So I'll be happy with mid-table finishes for the next few seasons while we build up a strong enough financial position to mount a promotion push. Of course, if a Premier League team offers me a big sack of cash in the meantime...

2016/17 Season Summary

Premier Division

Winners - Arsenal

Relegated - Watford, Bolton, Doncaster

Championship

Winners - Fulham

Promoted - Fulham, Sunderland, Q.P.R.

Relegated - Colchester, Huddersfield, Brighton

League 1

Winners - Bradford

Promoted - Bradford, Plymouth, Derby

Relegated - Carlisle, Oldham, Cheltenham, Barnsley

League 2

Winners - MK Dons

Promoted - MK Dons, Havant & W, Rochdale, Scunthorpe

Relegated - Macclesfield, Grimsby

Conference

Winners - York

Promoted - York, Ebbsfleet

Relegated - Cambridge, Ilkeston, Southport, Tonbridge

Conference North

Winners - Altrincham

Promoted - Altrincham, Burton

Relegated - Boston Utd, Halesowen, Buxton

Conference South

Winners - Lewes

Promoted - Lewes, Braintree

Relegated - St. Albans, Bromley, Tooting & Mitcham

FA Cup Winners - Stoke

League Cup Winners - Man City

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners - Derby

Conference League Cup Winners - Tranmere

FA Trophy Winners - Weymouth

UEFA Cup Winners - Villarreal

A third promotion in a row for Havant & Waterlooville. They're now up to League 1.

I'm playing a lot more than I ordinarily would because I'm trying to get as far into this career as possible before FM10 comes out. I'd love to get another 5 seasons done in the next week, but I think that may be pushing it a bit.

I'm lucky as I'm a student with not a lot of work to do, and I have a fast PC that handles all the leagues easily (my old laptop used to struggle with just the home nations loaded). Sad as it sounds I've played from 9am until around 1am for the last 3 days! My play style suits quick play as well, as I spend a lot of time on pre-season, then race through the season itself. I very rarely sell or sign a player once the first game of the season comes around. Plus I only play 2D or commentary only.

Basically, that last 2 paragraphs was me trying to find an acceptable way to say I'm a big loser who spends way too much time on his PC...

Could I have some infromation on how how Norwich are doing?

They got relegated from the Championship in 2008/09, and haven't been back since. They dropped down to League 2 for the 2012/13 season, but came straight back up again, and since then they've been a mid-table League 1 club. Although they did get into the play-offs last season, but lost in the semi-final.

They got relegated from the Championship in 2008/09, and haven't been back since. They dropped down to League 2 for the 2012/13 season, but came straight back up again, and since then they've been a mid-table League 1 club. Although they did get into the play-offs last season, but lost in the semi-final.

Are going to stay with Plymouth for the foreseeable future or hop around some more.

Are going to stay with Plymouth for the foreseeable future or hop around some more.

They've just given me a new 3 year contract on £2,500 p/w, so unless a really good offer comes in, I'll probably stick around. I'm enjoying it here, so don't see any reason to move on yet.

Plymouth Argyle - Championship - 2017/18

A nice boring season of consolidation, which was exactly what I was expecting:

League Table

League Position Graph

From October onwards, we never went any higher than 15th, or any lower than 18th. There was never any danger of getting promoted or relegated, and we just kept ourselves to ourselves. We did reach the 4th round of the FA Cup to face Arsenal away, which was my first competitive game against top flight opposition. They thrashed us.

Transfers - The good thing about being at this level is that clubs are willing to pay decent money for my cast-offs. So I sold some of the deadwood for just over £1million, and brought in better replacements for free. Including Matthew Newsham, a left winger who I gave a league debut to at age 15 when I was at Bristol Rovers. He played almost every game while I was there, and now aged 20, my scouts see him as a future Premier League player.

Finances - A £1million profit for the season, which looks good on paper, but when you consider I made £1.2million profit on transfers, it shows that for the time being we're still very much a selling club. I expect to have to sell one or two stars every summer just to balance the books, unless of course we reach the promised land...

Squad - I eventually managed to re-sign Johnson, but by then I'd signed his replacement, another defensive midfielder to play alongside Saunders in a much more conservative formation. But as I've not been able to sign a decent right winger since I've been at the club, he made himself a new home out wide. I also seem to have stumbled across a defensive gem, Aaron Thomas. I signed him to provide cover at right back, but by the end of the season he was first choice centre back and in the England Under-21 team. There are some big clubs sniffing around him, and he's said he wants to go, so I guess he'll be the book-balancer this summer!

Career Overview

17/18   Plymouth        Championship           17th

Next season

The first part of the mission is accomplished, we have a squad that's too good to get relegated from the Championship. Now we just need to add some quality players each season, and gradually move on towards the Premier League. At this level, quality doesn't come cheap, so I'll have to build the team slowly. As long as we're moving in the right direction each year, I'll be happy. I was offered, and accepted, a new 3 year contract in the close season on £2,500 p/w (double what I was on before), and I fully expect to be here for at least a couple more seasons, unless a big offer comes in for me.

2017/18 Season Summary

Premier Division

Winners - Arsenal

Relegated - Portsmouth, Q.P.R., Everton

Championship

Winners - Birmingham

Promoted - Birmingham, Ipswich, Coventry

Relegated - Sheff Wed, Southend, Derby

League 1

Winners - Norwich

Promoted - Norwich, Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient

Relegated - Walsall, Scunthorpe, Nottm Forest, Cardiff

League 2

Winners - Hartlepool

Promoted - Hartlepool, Kettering, Peterborough, Torquay

Relegated - Stockport, Oldham

Conference

Winners - Grays

Promoted - Grays, Crawley

Relegated - Burton, Accrington, Macclesfield, King's Lynn

Conference North

Winners - Cambridge

Promoted - Cambridge, Barrow

Relegated - Worcester, Bedford, Burscough

Conference South

Winners - Tonbridge

Promoted - Tonbridge, Basingstoke

Relegated - Eastbourne Boro, Hayes & Yeading, Solihull Moors

FA Cup Winners - Arsenal

League Cup Winners - Tottenham

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners - Brighton

Conference League Cup Winners - Kidderminster

FA Trophy Winners - Cambridge City

Champions League Winners - Man Utd

UEFA Cup Winners - Inter

World Cup - Argentina

After 7 years in the Blue Square Premier, and a couple of near misses on promotion to the football league, King's Lynn are now back where I found them, in the Conference North...

Plymouth Argyle - Championship - 2018/19

I'm getting bored of slowly building a team capable of a promotion push...

League Table

League Position Graph

Although we finished a fair bit higher up the league, we still never looked like getting into the play-offs. I'm getting frustrated with having to sell my best players each summer just to balance the books.

Transfers - We sold Aaron Thomas for a club record £3.1million, plus another £2million worth of fringe players and has beens. I got half of it back, and decided on a change in transfer policy. I didn't buy any players older than 21, and I was specifically targetting under 19s who my scouts predict a Premier League future for. The main reason behind this is that hopefully these players will have good resale value to allow us to stay affloat without selling any established first teamers in future. And also, if I sign 5 or 6 of these a season, and only sell 1 or 2, within 2 or 3 seasons I should have a team full of players capable of playing in the top flight, assembled on the cheap and fairly quickly. That's the plan anyway.

Finances - Despite the £2.5million profit I made on transfers, we still only made £350,000 profit for the season. My new transfer policy has already led to a £30,000 p/w reduction in the wage bill as I've let older players leave and replaced them with teenagers. That works out at £1.5million over the course of the season. Hopefully that will allow me to just need a transfer profit of around £1million each summer, so I shouldn't have to sell too many stars.

Squad - Star man of the last couple of seasons Dwayne Bowles turns 30 this summer, and there are clubs interested for around £2million. So Johnson and Saunders look set to be able to reunite their League 1 central midfield partnership next season. They are now captain and vice-captain of the club, and I'll be heavily relying on the two of them to provide valuable experience and leadership to all the teenagers playing around them.

Career Overview

18/19   Plymouth        Championship           10th

Next season

More of the same please. I'm going to be selling a lot of the older squad players and trying to bring in as many youngsters as I can fit in the wage budget. Either it'll work and I'll be a hero, or I'll end up getting relegated with a bunch of youngsters not ready for first team football...

2018/19 Season Summary

Premier Division

Winners - Arsenal

Relegated - Birmingham, Ipswich, Coventry

Championship

Winners - Everton

Promoted - Everton, Portsmouth, Stoke

Relegated - Norwich, Bradford, Doncaster

League 1

Winners - Sheff Wed

Promoted - Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Shrewsbury

Relegated - MK Dons, Blackpool, Wycombe, Aldershot

League 2

Winners - Scunthorpe

Promoted - Scunthorpe, Mansfield, Crewe, Walsall

Relegated - Chesterfield, Cheltenham

Conference

Winners - Bournemouth

Promoted - Bournemouth, Forest Green

Relegated - Altrincham, Grimsby, Northwich, Braintree

Conference North

Winners - Accrington

Promoted - Accrington, Cambridge C

Relegated - North Ferriby, Fleetwood, Guiseley

Conference South

Winners - AFC Wimbledon

Promoted - AFC Wimbledon, Sutton Utd

Relegated - AFC Hornchurch, Mangotsfield, Hemel Hempstead

FA Cup Winners - Arsenal

League Cup Winners - Liverpool

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners - Derby

Conference League Cup Winners - Forest Green

FA Trophy Winners - Wrexham

UEFA Cup Winners - Inter

Going well so far. Steady progression, similar improvement will see you in the playoffs next year.

Transfer policy is the same as i like to use, its good long term but can be painful in the short term. Good luck!

Plymouth Argyle - Championship - 2019/20

Well, it seems my gamble on youth didn't pay off. Although the squad was full of players with lots of potential, there wasn't enough quality and experience to take care of this season. I don't think we would have been relegated, as performances were starting to improve, but all my senior players had lost confidence in my ability, so the board gave me an extended Christmas break by sacking me on boxing day.

And I think that calls a day on lollujo (09 version)'s management career. If the gamble had worked, and led us to Premier League, I was seriously considering leaving FM10 uninstalled to finish this career properly. As it is, I can't be bothered to start again at a new club with FM10 only 2 days away.

I did learn some lessons from the failed youth experiment, which hopefully my reborn 2010 vintage can use to his advantage when he takes over the reigns at Corby Town in a couple of days time...

Career Overview

18/19   Plymouth        Championship           10th
19/20   Plymouth        Championship           21st (when sacked after 24 games)

Career Summary

Highest fee spent                      £650K for Thijs Peters on 20/07/2018
Highest fee received                   £3.1M for Aaron Thomas on 08/07/2018
Number of players bought               157
Number of players sold                 121
Number of players released             141
Total value of players bought          £6,250,000
Total value of players sold            £12,500,000

Longest time at a club              1594 days (King's Lynn)
Shortest time at a club             153 days (Bristol Rovers)
Number of teams managed             4
Number of awards won                9
Total career earnings               £475K

League wins                1
Cup wins                   1
Games played               629
Games won                  289
Games drawn                164
Games lost                 176
Goals scored               801 (1.3 p/m)
Goals conceded             578 (0.9 p/m)
Goal difference            223

Team               Date Joined          Date Left        Achievements
King's Lynn        08/07/2008           18/11/2012       Promoted from BSN
Bristol Rovers     18/11/2012           20/04/2013       Relegated from League 2
Rotherham          27/05/2013           06/07/2016       FA Trophy Winners, Promoted from BSP, League 2 Champions
Plymouth           06/07/2016           26/12/2019       Promotion from League 1

Thanks to all those who've read and enjoyed my thread. I'll be back with my new one sometime over the weekend.

A disappointing end to a topsy turvy career lollujo. Hopefully you can do better on FM10 :thup:

If I can get from the BSN to the Championship in less than 10 years again like I did on this save, I'll be a very happy chappy.

Well done Indeed Lollujo, looking forward to your career in FM10, will it be LLM as this one or normal rules?

I've not been able to play anyway other than LLM since the moment I first discovered it. So without doubt, it's going to be another LLM career.

Nice career with both up's and down's. At least this career thread managed to stay open! ;)

If my first FM09 save had gone the way this one did, I don't think that thread would have been closed either. I've obviously lost the beginners luck.

Superb! Nice one lollujo.

Feel free to msn me anytime ;)

Cheers, and I'll be keeping my eye on those researcher vacancies, so I'm sure you'll hear from me again!

Archived