Editor Suggestion

Fidney

Hi,

I like to create a fantasy club in the editor and swap it with one in the lowest playable league. I go to a lot of trouble adding a city, stadium, chairman, directors and even a first team squad. Then I see how far I can take them before getting sacked (which is often a lot of work for only half a season!!! :-) )

It's great that I can do that, but everytime there is a new patch with an amended database I have to do it all over again, which is annoying.

I would like to suggest the addition of a users database, which has identical structure to the main database but zero content. Then when starting a new game you could have the option of starting with 9.0.2 or with 9.0.2 + users database and if you select that it simply merges the 2 together when creating the game.

I know it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for people like me who like to add a lot of clubs/players etc. it would be a godsend.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Based on my (admittedly slim) working knowledge of databases (Access) it is a relatively simple thing to pull data from 2 databases into 1, especially when they have identical structures.

Thanks for reading and apologies if there is a more appropriate place to have posted this.

Would be excellent. I can foresee this problem with FM10. Loads of us will pour over the competitions editor for hours or days to get the leagues just how we want, then we'll be faced with the dilemma of adding a patch with data update and losing it all or not. Actually that's why I'll be super-indebted to Ruci with his in-game editor FMRTE.

• 1 month later...

Archived