[FM09] A Tale Of Two Saxons

Saxonaitor

An unlucky loss to Celano there. If you could of beaten them do you think that you could of still made the playoffs? Hope this continues and I will be following along. :thup:

Thanks for that V|P3R! Yes I do think that if we had beaten Celano then things could of turned out differently. However what shall be shall be.

Manager Update 15th May 2011

The final game of the season was here, but it really had no matter to me apart from the fact it was to be my last game in charge of Sangiovannese. Due to some injuries I decided to play two youth prodigies, Vincenzo Conte up front and Antonio Vigano in midfield. Vigano impressed me before and I though i'd give him another chance.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Ersamo Iacvone, Taranto

Taranto (Barotti 12, 55) 2-0 Sangiovannese

Not a fairy tale finish I had hoped for. We put up a strong fight but at the end of the day Taranto just wanted it more. They took an early lead through Barotti after he slipped through the clutches of Caprini and calmly slotted home. We never really looked like winning after and and when the next blow came after half time I changed to a 4-3-3 and went on the attack. We were still unable to find anything and an end to Sangiovannese is at hand. End of seaon report to follow.

Italian Serie C2/B Final League Table

End of Season 10/11 Update

The Club:

Sangiovannese will have happy memories and bad ones. I think thw club will to with 8 wins, 4 draws and 7 losses to my name. I made signings that I hope will improve the club and the new manager that takes my place. However, this is not the real reason I left Sangiovannese.

I am now going to begin a LLM style save from here on in and I wanted a clean slate to work with. I will be compling with these rules:

• All tactics will be my own creations, not downloaded or copied from anyone else
  • All training plans will also be my creations, again with no downloads or copies
  • I won't be going near the player search screen, as there is no equivalent to this in the real world
  • I will only sign players found by my scouts, or who I would know about in game (ie. I've played against them, I've been linked to them by the media)
  • Most importantly, I will be basing my decisions in game on what I would do in real life. So if a club offers to double my salary in a new job, chances are I'll take it. Likewise, if I'm offered a job in the Brazilian lower leagues, the money will have to be amazing for me to even consider it!

So not all but certainly most of them and besides, Italy was sooo last month :p

Winners

Uefa Champions League

Final

Champions: Inter Milan

Runners Up: Arsenal

Uefa Europa League

Final

Winners: Manchester City

Runners Up: Villareal

English Premiership

Champions: Chelsea

Champions League: Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United

Europa League: Man City, Tottenham, Aston Villa, West Bromwich

Relagated: Fulham, Wigan , Cardiff

Coca Cola Championship

Champions: Stoke

Promoted: Stoke, Hull, Reading

Relagated: Sheffield Utd, Scunthorpe, Swindon

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Champions: Celtic

Champions League: Celtic, Rangers

Europa League: Hibernian, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd

Relagated: Falkirk

Scottish First Division

Champions: St Johnstone

Promoted: St Johnstone

Relagated: Dundee

Serie A

Champions: Inter

Champions League: Inter, A.C Milan, Fiorentina, Udinese

Europa League: Juventus, Roma, Palermo

Relagated: Mantova, Rimini, Bologna

Serie B

Champions: Empoli

Promoted: Empoli, Cheivo + 1 from Parma, Salemitana, Livorno, Catania

Relagated: Frosinone, Cesena, Cremonese

Liga BBVA

Champions: Real Madrid

Champions League: Real Madrid, Barcalona, Zaragoza, Valencia

Europa League: Sevillia, Villareal, A Madrid

Relagated: Deportivo, Tenerife, Osasuna

Liga Adelante

Champions: (Still in Progress)

Promoted: (Still in Progress)

Relagated: Rayo, Granada 74, Barcalona "B" and 1 other

Bundesliga

Champions: Werder Bremen

Champions League: Werder Bremen, FC Bayern, Hertha Berlin

Europa League: HSV, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg

Relagated: Gladbach, Aachen

German Second Division

Champions: Koln

Promoted: Koln, Kaiserlauten

Relagated: Aue, Inglesatdt

• All tactics will be my own creations, not downloaded or copied from anyone else
  • All training plans will also be my creations, again with no downloads or copies
  • I won't be going near the player search screen, as there is no equivalent to this in the real world
  • I will only sign players found by my scouts, or who I would know about in game (ie. I've played against them, I've been linked to them by the media)
  • Most importantly, I will be basing my decisions in game on what I would do in real life. So if a club offers to double my salary in a new job, chances are I'll take it. Likewise, if I'm offered a job in the Brazilian lower leagues, the money will have to be amazing for me to even consider it!

I must say, this bit in particular is especially well written :D

Good luck with your LLM plans - it's certainly not easy, but I can't play the game any other way now - there's nothing like the satisfaction of finally getting promoted after 15 failed attempts...

Good luck with your LLM plans - it's certainly not easy, but I can't play the game any other way now - there's nothing like the satisfaction of finally getting promoted after 15 failed attempts...

I have to agree with you lollujo, it's the best way to play.

Good luck Sax, it's going to be tough but hopefully you can bring success to whatever club you're at next. Any particular country you prefer managing in?

I have to agree with you lollujo, it's the best way to play.

Good luck Sax, it's going to be tough but hopefully you can bring success to whatever club you're at next. Any particular country you prefer managing in?

I am personally trying to get a job in Scotland, but if I like the look of a club I shall be tempted.

@ lollujo, what are you getting at? Its not like I copyed out your version of LLM rules word by word? :D

Player Update July/August/September

The new season has started for my 16 year old prodigy at Hampton & Richmond once again, and the first two months of league and cup football has seen me play 6 games with 1 goal in all competitions. The goal came in a 2-1 win over AFC Hornchurch where I gave us the lead on 13 minutes. My match ratings are steadily improving, with ratings of 5.6, 6.1, 7.0, 5.7, 5.2and 5.5 (injured 70min). It seems that moments of brilliance are overshadowed by my underperformances at this point in time.

Manager Update July/August/September

Before the new season started I was trying to unsettle boards to to no avail. October should hopfully see some sackings and hopefully a new job. :thup:

Player Update October 2011

October has seen Saxon Durrant only play 1 game, a 2-0 win against Havant & Waterlooville where I was subbed off in the 70th minute with a rating of 5.4.

Manager Update October 2011

Plenty of jobs came insecure and avaidable, but it seemed fate was against me. The clubs that sacked their manager I had no intention of managing and the clubs I wanted to manage never got round to sacking their manager. I have found guidelines to my position though.

Italy: No.

Spain: Only if I have a paticular want to join a certain club.

Scotland: Any Club.

England: League 2 and Up, no Blue Square!

Germany: Any club with good finances.

Player Update November 2011

Only two games for mini me this month, a 1-0 loss to Dorchester where I acheived a rating of 5.8 and a 3-0 loss against Fisher where I got a 6.2 rating. Hampton & Richmond now lie in 6th place in the league, 1 place out from the play offs.

Manager Update November 2011

November is usually the month for sackings, a it proved its reputation with many sackings, some high profile ones as well, with Valencia and Inter Milan giving the boot to their managers. I had targets this month, Queens Park in the Scottish 3rd Division became insecure and I declared my interest. The chairman knew I was the man for the job, but couldnt find the heart to give the boot and the clubs status is now back to stable. The other target was Cambridge, now currently in League 2. They still sit on insecure going into December but I hope to capitalise on them if they give the boot. In other news, right at the end of the month Trinidad & Tobago have opened up their spot. I always hold a spot in my heart for Dwight Yorke......

7th December 2011

They often say that a week is a long time in football, and this was definatley proved in the first 7 days of December. A week of decisions, regrets and joy. This is how it panned out.

Day 1: I looked throught the sackings of the day. I also declared interest in the Real Sociedad "B" position, and once again their chairman thought I was the man for the job. Was this to be the opening I needed?

Day 2: Sackings galore today, as Blackpool, Wolves, Port Vale, Torquay and Inter Milan saw their managers fly out the door. Jose Mourinho must of been in a bad mood after that one, but then his Inter team are sitting in 10th in the Serie A.

Day 3: I applied for the Port Vale and Tramere jobs and it was at this point I saw the vacany of Trinidad & Tobago. I have always loved the country and I also hold a deep amount of respect for Dwight Yorke so I applied for the job. This caused me to think though, could I handle a club and international job at the same time? I needed to sleep on that.

Day 4: Day 4 saw Jurgen Klinsmann succede Jose Mourinho as Inter boss and my mind had been made up. Trinidad offered me the job offer and I rejected, seeing that matches would come few and far between and the world cup qualifiers next season was just to long away. Day 4 also saw my Tramere bid rejected.

Day 5: Port Vale today also rejected my transfer bid, but this day was more special than just that. I was rethinking my previous rejection of the Trinidad post I wondered if that was such a good idea. I reapplied, hoping that they would take me back with open arms. I also once again declared interest in the Cambridge job, as they were sitting on "Very Insecure".

Day 6: Today was an in betwwen day which only saw Paul Ince take charge of Tottenham Hotspur. The verdicts would be in tomorrow no doubt.

Day 7: Shock today as Cambridge United have relived manager Gary Brabin of his duties. They intially offer me a contract of £800 a week until June 2014. I negotiate this until 2013, the end of the season after this. I'm back baby :D

Cambridge United

cambridgeUnited_633790134224072500.jpg

Name: Cambridge United

Year Founded: 1912

Nickname: The U's

Colours: Black and Yellow

Rivals: Peterborough, Histon, Stevanage, Rushden, Brentford, Northampton

Stadium Name: The Abbey Stadium

Capacity: 9000 (4376 Seated)

League Positions: 08/09: 2nd Blue Square Premier

09/10: 1st Blue Square Premier

10/11: 3rd Coca Cola League 2

Current League Position: 18th Coca Cola League 2

My first real look at my squad and its one that needs improving. You will get a great first team 11, but when injuries occur, I wont be suprised if i'm picking up youth teamers. This is already the case with my 1st choice goalkeeper out for 3-6 weeks. In will trot an inexperienced youth keeper and I have a feeling that my first few games as manager may not be pretty. My first match was just 2 days after my appointment as boss, an away fixtures against Morcambe. Our key players are listed below, Michael Raynes as a tough central defender, our left midfielder Robert Taylor, and our power man up front, Rickie Lambert. Hopefully these three wil guide me safefully of of relagation worries and into the play offs, which are only 10 points away.

Squad

Michael Raynes

Robert Taylor

Rickie Lambert

Coca Cola League 2 8th December 2011

Good luck with the new job and with the new Rules/Restrictions Sax.

I like the idea of LLM game style as i almost always start with small teams and have long term games. Whenever i have a read of the LLM forum i can't help but find them to be rude and intolerant bunch of people who i would not wish to waste my time talking to. ( i'm sure thet are not all the same)

I think Holroyd will be one to watch for this season.

Congratulations on finally getting a job Sax :thup:

A couple of decent seasons could see a Championship club nip in and offer you a contract. Good Luck!

Thanks there ToMexico!!. I'm hoping this will be the case but it may be sooner that you are predicting. I really fancy the challenge of the Scottish leagues a bit more than the Championship at the moment but times may change that view.

Good luck with the new job and with the new Rules/Restrictions Sax.

I like the idea of LLM game style as i almost always start with small teams and have long term games. Whenever i have a read of the LLM forum i can't help but find them to be rude and intolerant bunch of people who i would not wish to waste my time talking to. ( i'm sure thet are not all the same)

I think Holroyd will be one to watch for this season.

Thanks for that WH. The only reason I am not posting on LLM now is prehaps the stupid rule of having done 10 seasons before posting. As we all have seen I play very slowly and it would take me years to get to 10 seasons!

Holroyd is going to be playing up front I think with Lambert hopefully giving him the balls to put in the back of the net. It is early days though.

Manager Update 10th December 2011

After sorting out the squad and tactics, my first order of business was to apply for the board for a parent club. Cambridge United is in the red, by 200k and I hope that I can try to stabalise finances for once in my career. A parent club is a good solution to this I feel and a good way get good quality talent from top sides. Morecambe would be my first challenge and I went into the match with the expectation of a point. I knew it would be tough with a youth goalie between the nets.

Coca-Cola League 2

Final Score at Westgate, Morcambe

Morecambe (Stanley 26, Henderson 40, Larkin 43 57, Onwubiko 58) 5-3 Cambridge United (Taylor 46, Challinor 48, Lambert 67)

This goal fest was never close to be nail biting but I did prove some valuble points for me to take out of the match. We were shocking in the first half, we couldnt keep the ball and when we did, couldnt do anything with it. I knew our youth keeper wouldnt stand a chance and so I wasnt suprised when he made some costly errors. We were 3-0 down by half time and I told the team to pick up their game and they truly obliged. Two quick fire goals had looked to put us back into the hunt when Morecambe got their quick fire double and another 10 minutes after. Richie Lambert pulled a consolation goal back but mainly what I will take from today is that we can score goals. We drop down a spot to 19th but still remain in touch with the rest of the field.

Coca Cola League 2 Table 10th December 2011

Archived