Englisher Fussball Bund

Goldy

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EFB Sport Zeitung

Baggies Finally Bag It

Well the long wait has finally ended when WBA won the premier league by 1pt ahead of Man Utd. WBA also added the league cup to their trophy cabinet this season. Chairmen Thompson said "Its been a long time coming, we could of won it earlier but its good that we have finally got it" he also added "Well its only a start, we hope for even more for next season". WBA fans were said to be delighted that Koprivnik had finally brought the premiership trophy to the hawthorns, one fan said "finally we got the title, I hope it doesnt take so long to win the league again cos its brilliant" another fan wrote in saying "Its fantastic,although it could of been a lot sooner its a great feeling".

Repeat Performance By City

Well Man City have repeated last seasons performance by getting 4th in the premiership, Vermeer was unlucky not to have finished in the Top 3. Chairmen Bernstein said "Well he (Vermeer) guided us into Europe again, hopefully we can go one better next season". Vermeer added "We have shown consistency by getting 4th for the 2nd season, the squad will be even stronger next season and we'll be hoping to do even better".

Diamonds Are Forever

Well Rushden have added the FA Cup once again to their Trophy cabinet, having also had quite a successfull premiership season by gaining a UEFA place by finishing 5th. Chairmen Griggs said "Well Johnston has done a fantastic job since day 1, again we finish the season with a trophy, its brilliant" Radio phone ins from fans suggested they were more than delighted and have the upmost respect for Johnston, some hope he will remain manager for a long time.

Riddell The Villain

Well Riddell has done it for the 3rd time in his career winning Division 1, well after twice doing it with Wolves it was very much expected when he took the Villa job earlier in the season. Chairmen Davies said "Well if we didnt think he could do it then we wouldnt have appointed him, he has done what we asked him" Riddell said "The Villa squad is fantastic, it just needed the right manager".

Welsh Dragon Roars

Well it was certainly coming and its finally happened, Hepburn has brought top flight football to Cardiff by winning the first division play offs. Chairmen Hammmam said "Its fantastic, were finally there, we've been unlucky but finally the luck changed and were up". Hepburn added "Well its about time we went up, the players have had a fantastic season".

No Heaven For Sky Blues

Well its been another dissapointing season for Coventry as they fail once again in promotion to the premier league by finishing just outside the play offs. Chairmen Richardson said "Well the managers having a hard time and so has had to have time off, its reflecting on the squad, we cannot wait for his return". In an interview with Brown he said "Ive got a few personal problems, the assistant is doing all he can, i'll be back soon to sort things out". Fans were dissapointed but one fan said "I cant wait for his problems to be sorted, we all miss him and we'll certainly be a lot better once he is back"

Tykes Back Up

Well manager Farwell has done it again, he has successfully brought another club from Division 2 into Division 1, although it was close he managed to win the league once more with Barnsley but only by Goal difference. Chairmen Dennis said "Farwell is one of the best at this level as he has shown once again, we hope he stays and brings us more success". Fans were delighted which radio phone ins suggested after they secured the division 2 title, one fan said "who cares how we won it, end of the day were the champions and thats all that matters, the manager is fantastic".

Suvival Was Key

Well its never easy surviving in the premiership, especially when you've come up from the conference like Boston Utd have. Chairmen Malkinson said "It has been a roller coaster and thankfully the season is over and were still in the premier league". Gold added "Survival was key, we can now build and try and progress further up the table, this season was good but we did suffer a very bad run of form near the end". Boston eventually finished 14th place in their first season of top flight football.

[This message was edited by Goldy on 13/08/2002 at 22:34.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

Expectations for the new season:

Boston - Improve on last season, maybe push for europe/cl

Rushden - Same

Cardiff/Villa - Survival/mid table

Barnsley - Same as above, maybe push for playoffs

Man City - Challenge for the title

WBA - Win Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield, Intertoto Cup, UEFA Cup, Super cup, World Club Cup, Serie A, La Liga,Bundesliga, Hungarian 2nd Division, Copa Libertadores, Major League, World Cup, Qualify for Euro 2008, LDV Vans cup, SPL, and many others Also Kris should be making a clean sweep of the Player/manager of the year awards and Kris being elected president of FIFA, discovering a cure for cancer and becoming the first man to break the atom.

Anything less than that should result in a sacking/beheading icon_biggrin.gif

No pressure or anything icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We got more lined up for the season after you know icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> WBA fans were said to be delighted that Koprivnik had finally bought the premiership trophy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moonraker:

Heh icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif. With the money WBA have to spend Kris'll prolly end up paying for a replica "Jules Rimet" to go in the Cabinet icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fraid not. It's just been announced that thieves broke into the WBA trophy room. They were seen making away with a blue and white carpet. Ho ho ho. icon_rolleyes.gif

Birmingham Evening Echo

It was announced today that West Bromwich Albions trophy room and cabinet were broken in to and everything including the Premiership Trophy was taken.

Baggies manager Kris Kripovnic was said to be devastated at the news but was later mollified by the news that a replica "Jules Rimet" World cup was on it's way to the hawthornes to take it's place. Extra security will be put on to make sure that this is not stolen as well. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moonraker:

_Birmingham Evening Echo_

It was announced today that West Bromwich Albions trophy room and cabinet were broken in to and everything including the Premiership Trophy was taken.

Baggies manager Kris Kripovnic was said to be devastated at the news but was later mollified by the news that a replica "Jules Rimet" World cup was on it's way to the hawthornes to take it's place. Extra security will be put on to make sure that this is not stolen as well. icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard someone stole it and melted it icon_biggrin.gif

Cardiff expectations for life in the premiership:

After a very fruitful season for the team from Wales the question is can they hold their own in the premiership. Last season saw Cardiff finally get into the premiership via the play offs and have a fantastic run in the FA Cup only to be put out by Dave's Rushden.

This season the board's expectations of the team is to battle bravely against relegation. I am hoping that my team can hold their own in the premiership and hopefully achieve a top half finish with possible good runs in both the League Cup and the FA Cup. After receiving my TV money I only have 3.5 million to spend on players due to my clubs crappy stadium needing upgraded to meet premiership regulations. So money is tight I am not going to be delving into the transfer market as I feel i have a good enough team to be able to hold my own in the big boys league.

Aston Villa - preview of the new season

Well, as I won't be there till late tomorrow, I can only worry at the prospect of what sort of players my assistant will sign. So far in my abscence he has signed 38 year old Northwich Victoria reject Youri Djorkaeff, 35 year old Emmanuel Petit and some unknown 33 year old Swedish dud. With £12mil to spend, I can only imagine what sort of damage he will do.

Anyway, with the already confirmed signings of two promising young forwards - Arsenal's Jeremie Aliardieré and scouse git Neil Mellor of Liverpool - and the unoubted best keeper in the SPL Antii Niemi to replace the retiring Francisco Antonioli, plus 2 wingers joining too, we have the backbone of a good team. However, what we lack is depth and if we get injuries to important players, we may struggle. The main aim for the season is 17th place, and not to do a WBA (or Man Utd icon_smile.gif )in the cup and lose to a team of milkmen. Anything more than that is a successful season.

Where you off to tomorrow steve? You going up to sheepland to watch the mighty Mark de Vries fire another 10 ten goals tomorro?? icon_biggrin.gif

Yes I fear for your team in your absence as your assistant is intent on buying the france world cup winning squad from the '98 world cup. icon_biggrin.gif Maybe you should have appointed a new one before you left last sunday?

Nah ,the sheep game is on Sunday. Tomorrow i have to go to my uncle's birthday 'party'. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe you should have appointed a new one before you left last sunday? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have, i know icon_frown.gif

_WBA Update_

Not much activity on the transfer market this year. After winning the EPL and the league cup for the fourth time, WBA manager Koprivnik said "Im just happy. Even if we didnt want to say it but there was a hell lot of pressure on us. We were so close last year and at one momment it looked like we´re gonna loose it again right at the end this year too. I decided to stick with the team we have for another year, only a right midfielder was needed so we signed Jermaine Pennant. I think he wil fit in quite well."

So for the readers outside, which is the "So much money invested", "All-Starr" "Allmighty" Wba team?

Gk: Paul Robinson

Def: Rio Ferdinand, Taribo West

Def Mid: Seth Johnson, Marc Vivien Foe, Danny Mills

AMC: Joe Cole, David Dunn, Denilson

SC: Allan Smith, Djibrill Cisse

Subs: Saha, Hersi, Pennant, Bramble, Prutton, icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

I could have swore it was you who signed Petit, not your assistant icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, that was Wiltord icon_smile.gif

Yet another player from my southampton team in ucmig signs for wba icon_frown.gif

Rushden Expectations

After last seasons success, next season i'll be hoping to push for a cl place, although i'll prolly miss the 2nd half of the season, so i dont see that happening. Also a good run in the UEFA this time would be good, and maybe win another domestic cup again, although dont see that happening since WBA are gona win it all icon_frown.gificon_razz.gif . On the transfer scene, few talented young dc's already signed, so maybe just one or 2 players needed to bring in to strengthen the squad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

I could have swore it was you who signed Petit, not your assistant icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, that was Wiltord icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope Petit! I know couse i had him on my shortlist icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

aye dont have to make the joke, wba have everybody on their shortlist icon_biggrin.gif

For those Who care, Likely Wolves Team for the new season

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Niemi

Curtis Woodgate Asher Barry

Castineras Hendrie Mahon

Aliardiere

Angel Mellor

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Likely Wolves Team for the new season <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or even Aston Villa, whatever they're called icon_rolleyes.gif

Castineras Hendrie Mahon

Aliardiere

Angel Mellor

</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a guaranteed 6 points for us all, especially with that finish twat in goal. Cheers steve icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Likely Wolves Team for the new season <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or even Aston Villa, whatever they're called icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See thats what happens if you get the sack so many times icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

Castineras Hendrie Mahon

Aliardiere

Angel Mellor

</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a guaranteed 6 points for us all, especially with that finish twat in goal. Cheers steve icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If youre playing Aliardiere as an AMC and Mellor as a first team regular i could swear you´re going down again icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

Castineras Hendrie Mahon

Aliardiere

Angel Mellor

</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a guaranteed 6 points for us all, especially with that finish twat in goal. Cheers steve icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You're more than welcome. I dont expect to beat any of yous. icon_razz.gif

Castineras Hendrie Mahon

Aliardiere

Angel Mellor

</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like a guaranteed 6 points for us all, especially with that finish twat in goal. Cheers steve icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If youre playing Aliardiere as an AMC and Mellor as a first team regular i could swear you´re going down again icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your tips Kristian, I really need advice from a hugely underachieving manager like yourself icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Tykes Expectations

I'll be happy to consolidate this season. Unless of another job opportunity presents itself icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're still at Barnsley in a season's time, I'll die of shock. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

LOL Paul. I saw what you posted mate. Top class. I have put that boy in his place so many times on here. I am glad someone else has the testicular fortitude to do it as well. Rado is a complete tw@t and the sooner everyone realises this the better. icon_biggrin.gif

Lets just stick to EFB please guys. A bit more on topic than discuss other members on the board.

Boston Review

Well, hoping to please the board again by surviving and avoiding the drop, just like they want me to do. Well due to a poor defence last season we didnt do as good as we could have,at the other end though it seemed alright as McDowell won the Golden Boot.

Well this season im hoping to land 2 good young defenders to help strengthen that defence. Midfield also needed a little more depth and strength so Ive brought in a couple of players. In Attack ive also added a couple of players including Fallon which will rotate and cover in injuries.

WBA update

Session went quite sucky. Lost my one of my main players (Foe) to rangers couse of a unprotected contract because i didnt want to give him 50k p/w, so he choose to sign for 18 at rangers. Twat icon_biggrin.gif

Looking for a replacement i just couldnt find anyone, so i choose to sign a 35year old Roy Keane to complete my bad boy squad icon_cool.gif Aye, Roy is the best performer on the squad this year now, with a whooping 8.76 average rating per game..

Aye and on the transfer front WBA just had to strike again bringing in Michael Owen for 30mil pounds icon_rolleyes.gif who btw is at the momment injured icon_frown.gif

Should be fun tomorow..

Hope my Barnsley are doing ok. Don't worry steve I'll stick with the theme.

Just a little rush of blood to the head icon_redface.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mid table in division1 i think paul, but knocked out the LC by the mighty Rushden

Rushden - Weekend review

Well after last seasons 5th place and fa cup win i had high hopes for the season, and so far its not dissapointed. Season started with a home game to Goldy's boston and ended with a comfortable 5-1 victory to me. Things continued to go well after that with wins over boro and vince's man city, before i lost to steve's assistant at villa icon_frown.gif. Things picked up again after that with some more impressive wins over chelsea, spurs, cardiff and the mighty man u. A 3-2 loss at home to wba soon followed, but wins against Fulham, newcastle and Liverpool put me to the top of the league. In Uefa rushden suffered a dissapointing 3rd round defeat against psv, in lc we were knocked out by cardiff, and in fa knocked out by blackburn. With a couple of games still to go before the end of the session, hopefully i can stay top before i go on holiday next week and let new assisstant Des Walker take charge

Rushden - Weekend review

Well after last seasons 5th place and fa cup win i had high hopes for the season, and so far its not dissapointed. Season started with a home game to Goldy's boston and ended with a comfortable 5-1 victory to me. Things continued to go well after that with wins over boro and vince's man city, before i lost to steve's assistant at villa icon_frown.gif. Things picked up again after that with some more impressive wins over chelsea, spurs, cardiff and the mighty man u. A 3-2 loss at home to wba soon followed, but wins against Fulham, newcastle and Liverpool put me to the top of the league. In Uefa rushden suffered a dissapointing 3rd round defeat against psv, in lc we were knocked out by cardiff, and in fa knocked out by blackburn. With a couple of games still to go before the end of the session, hopefully i can stay top before i go on holiday next week and let new assisstant Des Walker take charge

Aston Villa

Well, Villa's first season in the Premiership has exceeded all expectations so far. At the start of the season, the target was to survive. We are now in the middle of January and sitting 5th in the league, and in a position to push for Europe. Some superb results include a 3-2 win over Man City, 4-1 against Chelsea and 2-1 against Leeds. Tonight, we were only defeated twice, sadly both by human teams, Boston beating us 3-1 and Cardiff winning 4-3 in an excellent game. New signings such as Elpídio Silva, Kevin Kyle, Fabio Rochemback, Roy Carroll, Adil Ramzy and Bjorn Reuter have significantly strengthened the side and impressed in their first few games. Hopefully next week we can continue our good form and possibly push for a UEFA cup spot. However, the first 3 games are against WBA, Boston (FA CUp 4th round) and Rushden, so it wont be easy.

Well I said consolidation was the aim this season and that looks likely to be about the best we can hope for. However i have looked at strengthening the squad

with the aquisition of Postiga,Tevushenko and Ricketts from Boston (Thanks Goldy icon_biggrin.gif) and Bridge from Villa (Thanks Steve R icon_biggrin.gif).So no fireworks this season but building for the future. Not a bad session though.

Never mind I'll prove them all wrong , just youwait and see icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, but it'll be a long wait. icon_wink.gif

Archived