Englisher Fussball Bund

Goldy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

Wish list for the new season:

Win everything

What's likely to happen:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get sacked icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Witty

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seasons aims

After succesfully getting past Steaua in the cl qualifiers, and 2 wins in the league so far, hopes are once again high for the new season. After last seasons dissapointment, the aim is try a steal 2nd place, and try challenge wba as long as possible for the league. A good run in both cups is also a target, as well as hopefully following up on last seasons cl quarter final place, by trying to repeat it this season, although the 1st aim is to get past roma and céltic in the 1st phase.

Two big name summer signings donati and samba(who turned down wba icon_cool.gif), have both been on impressive form adding in with some goals, and lesser known coelho has also been impressive with a couple of goals already uner his belt.

Forza Villa

With the signings of Luca Valentini, Javier Chevanton, Javier Zanetti, Andres d'Allesandro, Allesio Rosatti, Matt Schofield, Robert Bennett, Matt Schofield, Simone Berardo, Mauro Landello, Kakha Kaladze, John Collins (no, not that one),Marat Ismailov and Marama Vahirua ; and the departures of underachievers like Sibusiso Zuma, Juan Angel, Francesco Toldo, Fabio Rochemback and Lee Hendrie amongst others, it is a new - look Villa side after the summer clearout. This season is hopefully the one when we move from mid table to top 6, and with a young, talented side we can do that.

We play Malmo of Sweden in the UEFA Cup first round, and I am hoping for a good run in that. We made a good start to the League season, beating Ipswich 2-1 and Spurs 3-0, before losing 2-0 at Middlesborough (all away). With home games against Cardiff, Rushden and Sheff Weds coming up, there is a chance to pick up some points, though it wont be easy, I never seem to be able to beat Cardiff for some reason. Wednesday and Rushden won't be a problem. icon_razz.gif

WBA win the SuperCup

The best team in the world have done it again. After the EPL and the CL title wba also managed to win the charity shield and the Supercup. In a thrilling match where they went 0:2 to Standard Liege(Vieri, Petrov) wba turned it around with Alan Smith scoring in the 59th minute and Hadzhimedovic in the 90th minute. In the extra time Alan Smith decided he wants id done quickly and scored a golden goal in the 93rd minute icon_cool.gif

To strenghten their allready superior icon_cool.gif squad wba also signed Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Labinot Harbuzi along David Beckham and Vianna. Deals for Donnati and Mido were canceled.

3games in the EPL and 3 convincing wins and it looks like noone will stand in the way for another EPL title for WBA icon_wink.gificon_cool.gif

P.S. Contract offered to Samba was a joke of a contract anyway icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

Which you only play if you win the UEFA cup or the _CHAMPIONS LEAGUE_ before icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but Robbo doesnt play in Mickey mouse comps icon_biggrin.gif

Help !!!!!

Help I need some money, Help not just any money , Help just gimme some money He-e-e-e-lp !!!. When I was so much younger than today , the board would give me some money to brighten up the day. But now I'm older and not so self assured, Some money to spend would open up the transfer market door. Help me if you can I'm feeling down, And I do appreciate u being around. Help me get my feet back on the ground, won't you please please help me ,help me, help me Wooooo !!!.

Says it all really icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moonraker:

_Help !!!!!_

Help I need some money, Help not just any money , Help just gimme some money He-e-e-e-lp !!!. When I was so much younger than today , the board would give me some money to brighten up the day. But now I'm older and not so self assured, Some money to spend would open up the transfer market door. Help me if you can I'm feeling down, And I do appreciate u being around. Help me get my feet back on the ground, won't you please please help me ,help me, help me Wooooo !!!.

Says it all really icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When does the single come out? icon_biggrin.gif

Revenge Rushden style

After a dissapointing season last year, Rushden had a few scores to settle, and went on a run at the start of the season winning my first 15 games. During that run, man city were beaten 2-1, slight payback for last season, but cardiff were hammered 6-1 away, paying them back for last season icon_smile.gif. In acl game with roma,celtic and cska, its played 5 won 4 drawn 1, with the draw away to roma, and cska just left to play. All in all a great weakend for rushden, with only 1 defeat in the league to newcastle

Barnet Beauty

Bloody class session for me tonite, havnt lost a game yet this season, 10pts clear at the top of the conference.......yes its looking good for a 2nd time win this league and take another team upto the premiership. But thats years away of course icon_smile.gif

Sold Gower to Man Utd, shame i lost him cos he was my best player and they stole him icon_frown.gif But i guess im bringing some good talent in, Mellor being one of them from Villa. Cheers for that Steve, he'll be a good player for me.

Bring on next week, more signings on the way to strenghten the squad and continue the Conference assault.

We Shall beat Them At Home, We Shall Beat Them Away, We Will Battle Until We Die, No Surrender icon_biggrin.gif Welcome to Barnet FC icon_smile.gif

CARDIFF CRUMBLING????????

Well the start to the new season has really not been the best for the boys from Wales. Well to be honest to has been absolutely ****e!!!!! icon_frown.gif A change of tactics did not seem to do the trick as the first league game against the champions WBA went horribly wrong. New goalkeeper Stuart Taylor playing in his competitve debut had a terrible performance as Cardiff went down 4-0 going on 10. This was followed up by further defeats most notably 6-1 against Rushden and Diamonds in another terrible match. Other matches in the league have given Cardiff little luck or the strikers have just not been on there game yet.

Either way the players are starting to lose confidence in the manager's ability along with the board who seem to be losing patience with Andrew Hepburn. He is under pressure but he knows he can turn things around. He commented in a news conference saying, " I am very disappionted at the start we have made to the season. The players are also disappointed and we as a club are trying to turn things around. The fans are getting on my back but I don't care. I believe we can turn our season around and finish high in the table".

Hepburn's team have shown signs of improvement in recent games which can only be a good thing. New keeper Taylor has been dropped from the first team for his below par performances and Swedish keeper Johan Wiland has taken over as NO.1 again. Stephen McPhee and Massimo Maccarone have been put up for sale so it is a sign that things are changing at Ninian Park.

icon_cool.gif

Ok especially for Steve his Villa team were impressive another 2-0 victory at Villa park even although my team did dominate the game but as usual could not put the ball in the net. icon_frown.gif

But credit to Mr Riddell for winning. (there that good enough for you steve you little gadge) icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

ooh Steve is opening his mouth too soon icon_biggrin.gif

Just wait till next week, i hope you mention all the thrashings you get of everyone icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look further back in this thread and observe plenty mentions of my many glorious defeats icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

Might as well do a quick update for Sunday:

We started off the season well with 2 out of 2 wins against Ipswich and another team, who's name escapes me, then the inevitable defeat to a team worse than us (Middlesborough I think it was this time). An easy first round win against Swedish side Malmo in Villa's first ever European tie brought a tricky looking trip to Salonika in Greece to face PAOK. After a 1-0 win in the Toumbas Stadium and a 0-1 loss at Villa Park, we eventually went through on penalties in a game we should have won much more easily. After that came tricky games against Arsenal, Man Utd, Cardiff and Leeds. We lost to Arsenal and Leeds, as expected. Despite dominating both matches, the forward partnership of Joao Paiva and Dean Ashton couldn't score in Bangkok. A 2-0 win against bogey team Cardiff followed, as Andy already mentioned icon_smile.gif , and then a surprise 2-1 win at Old Trafford against the pride of Singapore.

We play Fulham in the Michael Mouse Cup Round 3, so good cup runs both domestically and European would be nice. Although being Villa, we'll probably do a WBA and lose to Leigh RMI and some team from Liechtenstein or something. icon_wink.gif :/

So, if nothing else, this weekend proved that Villa are consistantly inconsistant.

EFB SPORT ZEITUNG

Baggies Bag Top Honour

Well it was a wonderful seasons for West Brom fans as manager Koprivnik treated them by bringing home more Silverware, not just any silverware of course. Having lost out on the title the previous year they final have made it two premiership title's during Koprivnik's spell. Of course it didn't end there, West Brom's other success was of course in the Champions League, having never been past the quarter final in any European competition they finally managed to progress and edge'd past Barcelona in the semi's, Dortmund were the opponents in the final which was to be held in Wembley. WBA cruised to an easy 3-0 victory and lifted the Champions league trophy. In an interview with Koprivnik he said "Its been a wonderful season considering last seasons dissapointments but you just have to get on with it" the comments were follwed by Chairmen Thompson who said "It was our dream to win the Champions league like it is every other clubs, our dream has finally come true and the team is quite capable of doing at again, we have a lot of talent at the club".

No Diamonds For Rushden

Well it wasnt quite as good as last season for the defending champions as they finished third place. Rushden also went out at the quarter's in the League Cup and faced an early 3rd Round Exit in the FA Cup, but it would probably be fair to say that they were still celebrating winning the league last season. Although in Europe they impressed, their first season in the champions league saw them get to the quarter final where they lost a tight game against Lazio. Manager Johnston said "Our main aim was to do well in Europe which we did, unfortunatly our league performance wasnt as good as last season but we will be trying to improve that for the next season". Chairmen Griggs said "Johnston has done a wonderful job, we had a good first champions league campaign and we're in the competition again".

City The Team Of Manchester

Well Vermeer has once again made his team finish above City rivals Man Utd, but this he secured the runners up spot in the premiership. Unfortunatly with such a good league finish City were unable to follow it up in the domestic cups as they went out both the FA Cup and League Cup in the early rounds. Vermeer said "We were so close to winning the league, it would of been brilliant to win the league and maybe next year we can go one better". Man City fans were said to be delighted with the runners up spot and are hoping the team do well in the champions league.

Dragons Still Roaring

Well after an impressive first season in the premiership they followed it up by finishing in the top ten once more. But with doing well there is always a down side which was to be in the domestic cups as they suffered fourth round exits from both of them. Their first season in europe could have been longer if they hadnt had been put together with french giants Paris SG. Hepburn told us "Its been a difficult year, retaining premiership status was our main aim which we have done successfully". Chaimen Hammam said "Hepburn is doing a wonderful job here at Cardiff, hopefully we'll do even better next season".

Villians No Threat

Well it was one of them roller coaster seasons for Aston Villa, having finished in the top ten last seasons they tried to repeat that performance but unfortunatly just finished outside the top ten in 11th place. But there was some joy at Villa Park as Riddell guided them to the final of the FA Cup, which they unfortunatly lost to Leeds. Riddell said "Im not too dissapointed but of course i would like to have finished in the top ten again, we were unlucky in the FA Cup and hopefully we'll go one better next season". Fans outside Villa Park told us that they were "happy" to be in the premierleague and hope that Riddell makes them stay there.

Sky Blues In Heaven

Well manager Brown has finally done it, he has brought his beloved Coventry back to the top flight after having been so close in the past which included losing in the play off's three times. This time though Brown was not one for messing around and brought the First Division title to Highfield Road. Manager Brown said to us "Its absolutely brilliant, finally back to where the club should be which is the premier league". Chairmen Richardson said "Its good to be back to premier league, Brown has brought in players which could easily succeed in top league and it showed as we won Division 1". Coventry fans were said to be singing Brown's name in the street and very more than delighted with the success.

Saints Pray's Answered

Well newly appointed manager Farwell did the job for Southampton as he brought the ex premiership club up the ranks and cruised into top spot in Division 3. Farwell made easy work of it and captured his 3rd league title in his career. In an interview with Farwell he said "Im absolutely delighted with securing the 3rd Division title, if I didnt think I could get the club promoted I wouldnt of taken the job", the comment was followed by Chairmen Lowe with "If we didnt think Farwell was capable of getting us promoted we wouldnt have appointed him, he is fantastic manager and we're entering a league which he has a lot of experience in". Southampton fans were said to be delighted with the 3rd Division title, One fan said "Its one step closer to the premiership for us" another fan said "Farwell is brilliant, i hope he stays with us for a very long time".

Gold To Seek Fortune Elsewhere

Manager Steve Gold finally decided it was to the end of his managerial career at Boston Utd, having brought the club from the Conference upto the premier league in successive seasons he has finally decided to call it a day. In an interview with Gold he told us "Ive done more than a lot managers could of ever done for this club, ive worked very hard and brought some exceptional players to the club with the small resources that were given to me, but the club has to expand if they want to do better, which the board has no intentions of doing".

Boston Chairmen Holmes said "It is a sad day for Boston, Gold is a brilliant manager and has done a lot for the club, its sad to see him leave".

In shocking news Gold has been appointed manager of conference side Barnet who had a dissapoiting season by finished 17th. Barnet Chairmen Kleanthous told us "I couldnt believe it when he saw the application from Gold on my table, at first I thought it was a joke but as soon as i contacted him I knew he was very serious, he was the easily the one for the job, he's a fantastic manager with a brilliant track record". At the press conference Gold said "Barnet are under archieving" and that he'll be "improving" the club and "will bring them back to the football league". The comments made Kleanthous very happy and he said "the future looks very good for Barnet".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

__ EFB SPORT ZEITUNG __

_No Diamonds For Rushden_

Well it wasnt quite as good as last season for the defending champions as they finished third place. Rushden also went out at the quarter's in the League Cup and faced an early 3rd Round Exit in the FA Cup, but it would probably be fair to say that they were still celebrating winning the league last season. Although in Europe they impressed, their first season in the champions league saw them get to the quarter final where they lost a tight game against Lazio. Manager Johnston said "Our main aim was to do well in Europe which we did, unfortunatly our league performance wasnt as good as last season but we will be trying to improve that for the next season". Chairmen Griggs said "Johnston has done a wonderful job, we had a good first champions league campaign and we're in the competition again".

_

_ Barnet".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

tHE leegue is for loooooser's, we've won it once and neve rwanna win again. Last seasin we wented to do well in eurpe and taht is whatwe did, beating the irish in both games and taht was allthat mattered icon_biggrin.gif. S for the title of no diamonds for rishden,that is not really true, since i bought a diamond especially just for betaing the tíms icon_smile.gif

__ EFB SPORT ZEITUNG __

Cardiff, hopefully we'll do even better next season".

_Villians No Threat_

Well it was one of them roller coaster seasons for Aston Villa, having finished in the top ten last seasons they tried to repeat that performance but unfortunatly just finished outside the top ten in 11th place. But there was some joy at Villa Park as Riddell guided them to the final of the FA Cup, which they unfortunatly lost to Leeds. Riddell said "Im not too dissapointed becauswe last time we got totally annalalated in the final by super golorious rushden, so this was a huge huge huge improvement

".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

__ EFB SPORT ZEITUNG __

Cardiff, hopefully we'll do even better next season".

_Villians No Threat_

Well it was one of them roller coaster seasons for Aston Villa, having finished in the top ten last seasons they tried to repeat that performance but unfortunatly just finished outside the top ten in 11th place. But there was some joy at Villa Park as Riddell guided them to the final of the FA Cup, which they unfortunatly lost to Leeds. Riddell said "Im not too dissapointed becauswe last time we got totally annalalated in the final by super golorious rushden, so this was a huge huge huge improvement

".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk about living in the past icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by kjohnston1511:

tHE leegue is for loooooser's, we've won it once and neve rwanna win again. Last seasin we wented to do well in eurpe and taht is whatwe did, beating the irish in both games and taht was allthat mattered . S for the title of no diamonds for rishden,that is not really true, since i bought a diamond especially just for betaing the tíms <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!!

Typical english vocabulary for a hun!! icon_razz.gif

Oh aye and Zizkov > FC Suduva > Rangers icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

Onwards and Upwards with the Veela

Tonight saw an impressive first half of 2008/09 for Aston Villa. We , at the moment, are up in the unknown heights of 4th in the league, 2nd if we can win our game in hand on Arsenal. Some notable results in the league include a 1-0 win over Dave's former side Rushden at Nene Park, winning 4-1 at Boston without even trying, a 2-0 win over Mark's Coventry side and a surprise 2-0 win over Kris' all conquering WBA side at the Hawthorns. Albeit a 9 man WBA side, as Rio Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard kindly went around decking people and got themselves sent off.

In the League cup we face WBA in the Semi's after surprisingly knocking out Man City in the quarters. In Europe, we drew Trabzonspor of Turkey in the 3rd round of the UEFA cup. The first leg ended in an easy 4-0 win for Villa, leaving what looked a potentially tricky trip to Trabzon a formality. Incidentally, we drew 1-1 in the Avni Aker, setting up a very difficult Quarter Final tie against Italian giants Juventus.

Some new signings include Right wingers Marama Vahirua from Nantes and Jussi Peteri of HJK Helsinki, Parma's Centre half Fabio Cannavaro, Simon Davies and a Morrocan left sided midfielder who's name escapes me. If we can take our good form into the 2nd half of the season, our target of a Top 6 finish is a real possibility, with an outside chance of a Champions League place, although that looks unlikely.

Southampton Evening Echo

Saints fans were in ecstasy after todays excellent 1-0 FA Cup 3rd round win over Chelsea. Scullion's goal was the only thing to seperate the 2 teams in the end but either team could possibly have won it. Manager Farwell was unavailable for comment as we was still in the dressing room celebrating with the players.

Barnet Steam Roll Through Season

Its a fantastic season for the Barnet fans. The team is top of the league by 14pts and have seen some fantastic signings come in including Garcia, Sutton, Maxwell and Mellor who have all inspired the Barnet strikeforce.

Its just gone into the New year and Barnet are still unbeaten this season, an amazing season which was carried into the cups. FA trophy has seen them get to the 3rd round setting up with a tie against non league side Colwyn Bay.

The FA Cup has seen some big shocks. Reading, 6th in Division 2 got beat in the 1st round of the FA Cup, this set up a 2nd round tie vs Blackpool who are 3rd in Division 2, Yet again Barnet cruise past the league side and were drawn against premiership side Everton.

It looked like this was gonna be our first defeat of the season, nope it was to be one of the best games of the season. Everton got thrashed 4-1 by the super Barnet to keep them unbeaten.

Hopefully we'll get an easier team to play next in the FA Cup icon_smile.gif

Super Villa for the Champions League?

At the end of March, Aston Villa sit 2nd in the Premier League. We started off tonight with a 2-0 win against Rushden, the 2nd within a week against them, which was an especially good result considering they had been boosted by manager Dave leaving for Man Yoo a few weeks before. We then hammered Cardiff 1-0, and went on to win well against the likes of Leeds, Arsenal, Middlesborough and Man Utd, amongst others.

Our 3rd choice side were knocked out of the Mickey Mouse cup 3-5 on aggregate by WBA in the semi finals. We are still in the FA Cup, having beaten Liverpool 4-0 in Round 4, and ungrateful bástards Wolves 5-0 in the quarter finals. We play Man Utd in the semi's.

In Europe, we were desperately unlucky not to beat Juventus. Having lost the first leg 2-3 at Villa Park, we went to Italy needing a win to go through. After Joao Paiva's 2nd half goal in the Stadio Delle Alpi, and having dominated the match, it looked like we were going through. Even more so when James Williams had the ball in the net late on, only for it to be disallowed. Typically, Nicola Ventola went up the park and won it deep into injury time for the Turin side.

Still, with the addition of promising young Spanish forward Joaquín Garcia, and the return to goalscoring form of Joao Paiva and Javier Chevanton, and the re-emergence of forgotten man Kevin Kyle, a top 3 finish and a Champions League spot is a realistic target. WBA are looking unstoppable in 1st place though, so 2nd is the best we can hope for. Which would still be an achievement after being written off as mid table shíte by most before the season started. icon_smile.gif

HEPBURN ON THE DOLE!!!

Cardiff sensationally sacked manager Andrew Hepburn at the weekend after what had been a very disappointing season so far. His team failed to reach the heights of the previous two seasons and Hepburn paid the price. He commented when leaving Ninian Park by saying, " I feel let down by everyone at the club. It was me who got them to where they are just now. Yeah we were going through a bad patch but i expected the club to show a bit more loyality in light of what I have done in the previous seasons at the club". He was then asked about the players, he snapped, " Well they can all fcuk off as far as i am concerned. It is as much their fault as it was mine. Maybe I should not have bought some of them as they did not perform as well as the could. They were in it for the money not for the success of the club. I am appawlled at what has happened. I hope to come back here with my new team whenever I get one and show these lay abouts what happens with ****e like them!!!

He then briskly walks off and tans all the club's staff's cars with whatever he can find shouting I hate you fcukers!!!!

icon_cool.gif

ROFL Andy, quality. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moonraker:

Never mind mate. I've been through that too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, almost yearly. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by mebubcat:

You have moved clubs that often paul , u are what i call a gypsy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF!! Mark posting in this thread. You feeling ok mate? icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by mebubcat:

You have moved clubs that often paul , u are what i call a gypsy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF!! Mark posting in this thread. You feeling ok mate? icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont be cheecky ya bawbag or that waning will turn into a red :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by Kjohnston1511:

dont be cheecky ya bawbag or that waning will turn into a red :p <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsebiscuits to you fannybaws!!! icon_razz.gif

Plus what is a waning? Is that hun terminology or something?? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by Kjohnston1511:

dont be cheecky ya bawbag or that waning will turn into a red :p <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus what is a waning? Is that hun terminology or something?? icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye us huns dont even need to spell things correctly any more cause our teams just so amazing icon_cool.gif, plus i'd had a few drinks in my aswell icon_razz.gif

Aston Villa in the Champions League? Surely some mistake icon_confused.gif

The unthinkable has happened. Aston Villa have qualified for the Champions League, after finishing 2nd in the league, just 4 points behind overachieving icon_razz.gif WBA. An excellent run of wins in the last few months of the season, including a certain 5-2 victory over said overachievers, pushed us up the league. Fans were said to be delighted at this achievement, and they sang the manager's name after the last game of the season at Maine Road.

In pre season, we have signed promising Italian defender Felice Piccolo from Juventus, Swedish attacking midfielder Labinot Harbuzi and Scottish central midfielder Mark Kerr, both from from WBA. There was a clearout as poor performers Jonathan Woodgate, Roy Carroll, Stephen McConalogue, Gary O'Connor (it was nice to sack the wee twát icon_biggrin.gif ), Enrico Ferrari, Javier Zanetti, Javier Chevanton and several others went.

Aims for season 2009/10? Again, qualify for the Champions league is the minimum target, possibly go one better and win the League title too. Getting past the first group stage of the Champions League would be nice, though I'm not bothered if i don't.

Likely Villa team for next season:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Luca Valentini

John Curtis Paolo Cannavaro

John Collins

Simon Davies Mark Kerr Labinot Harbuzi Adil Ramzi

Andres D'Alessandro Joaquin Garcia

Joao Paiva

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjohnston1511:

Plus what is a waning? Is that hun terminology or something?? icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye us huns dont even need to spell things correctly any more cause our teams just so amazing icon_cool.gif, plus i'd had a few drinks in my aswell icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not again icon_biggrin.gif

Ever think of going to an AA meeting? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

Aye us huns dont even need to spell things correctly any more cause our teams just so amazing icon_cool.gif, plus i'd had a few drinks in my aswell icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not again icon_biggrin.gif

Ever think of going to an AA meeting? icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, i had an excuse this week, it was freschers(sp) week, and its a rule that you gota get pished at least 3 times that week icon_razz.gif

Glory days on there way back to old trafford?

After years on underachieving, man utd finally showed signs of a revival, with a superb fa cup performance to beat league and euro champs wba, finishing a decent but still disapointing first half season in charge of man u.

When i took charge we were sitting in a pathetic 9th place in the league, and despite some decent performances, never managed to string together a good run of results, and only managed to finish 7th, behing city on gd icon_frown.gif

Next season hopefully it will be different, with the side now almost completely made up of new players i've signed, like de foe,torres and the other 20 or so icon_biggrin.gif, and all the wasters and overpayed bums gone, things are finally going back in the right direction, and once they gell together we should challenge for all the titles

Aims for season 2009/10? Again, qualify for the Champions league is the minimum target, possibly go one better and win the League title too. Getting past the first group stage of the Champions League would be nice, though I'm not bothered if i don't.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL steve, you got no chance at winning the league, last season was a fluke and you know it icon_razz.gif

Gold-en Barnet

Well the season ended and what a fantastic season it was for the conference team.

Of course we got promoted to Div3 (more about that in the EFB Zeitung which is coming soon) of course it might not sound like anything special to you but this club finished 17th the season before so its a vast improvement. We sold, we brought we conquered the damn league, piece of pish icon_biggrin.gif That actually is literally the whole story of how the season went icon_smile.gif

I smashed my old points record of 105pts that i set with Boston icon_smile.gif

Barnet go into their division 3 challenge on a massive, and i mean massive, 45games unbeaten run in the league icon_cool.gificon_smile.gif

Aim for the new season in division 3, try to stay unbeaten and get promoted, although the board only want a respectable league position i know the team can do better icon_smile.gif

EFB Sport Zeitung

Baggies Bag More Silverware

Well after enjoying a fantastic season, the form, the spending and run of success continued at West Brom. Koprivnik's team retained the premiership crown and on the way collected the League cup with demolishing Cardiff in the final. It wasnt to end there, a copy of last seasons Champions league final was also included as once again WBA thrashed Dortmund just at a different stadium. At the start of the season they brushed past Leeds to gain the Charity Shield and went on to beat Standard Liege to take the Super Cup back to the Hawthornes.

Just ready to clean sweep the trophy's for the season, Johnston's Man Utd spoilt the party by taking the FA Cup trophy leaving WBA runners up.

In an interview Koprivnik said "We were so close to taking all the trophy's this season and there is always next season but i am very very happy about what we have achieved this season". Chairmen Thompson said "He's built a world class squad and the trophy's are flying in, the fans are loving it, its a good era for the club". Fans were said to be singing Koprivnik's name in the streets and where more than delighted to see the club perform so good.

Villans With Success

Well it certainly was a good season at Villa Park, in a good run of form Riddell's team managed to get themselves into 2nd place and maintained their position to get them runners up spot and would of most probably picked up the pieces if the leaders would have slipped. In the domestic cups Villa also did very well as they managed to get to the semi final of both the league cup and the FA Cup. Of course something had to give and it was their European form, having got through to the 4th round they faced Italian giants Juventus who were just too much to handle for Villa.

Riddell said "Its been an unbelievable season, i still cant believe it myself, we've qualified for the champions league and we're runners up in the league, you never know,next year we might go one better". Chairmen Davies said "Riddell has done a superb job this season by qualifying for the Champions league, it was a long term target for us". Fans gathered outside Villa park and applauded Riddell's efforts this season, one fan said "he's done a really good job so far, i hope we do well in europe next season".

Consistent City

Well Vermeer keeps up the consistency as Man City once again have qualified for Europe, this time City are once again in the Uefa cup. Last seasons runners up were expected to make more of a title challenge but some of the results just wernt going their way when they needed it most. In the domestic cups they managed did ok as they got to the quarter final of the league, although they were knocked out the 4th round in the FA Cup. Man City enjoyed the high life of the champions league, but they went out at the first phase meaning they enter the Uefa cup, they managed to get to the semi final of the Uefa cup but Russian side Spartak Moscow managed to squeeze through.

Both Vermeer and City Chairmen Bernstein refused to comment on the season but a spokesperson said that City enjoyed a fantastic uefa cup run and will be hoping to push for some major trophy's next season.

Red Devils Looking Hot

Well at Old Trafford a new manager was appointed, it was none other than Rushden manager Dave Johnston, it didnt take long for new signins to come flooding in to Manchester with plenty of cash to spend. Johnston didnt get too carried away and brought Utd to a reasonable 7th place just behind their City rivals and also booked their place in the uefa Cup. Johnston got to a good start in his new job as the Red Devils gatecrashed WBA's trophy sweeping season and snatch the FA Cup away from them.

Johnston said "I am very delighted to have been offered the Man Utd job and will certainly be trying my best to bring back the glory days to Manchester". Chairmen Kenyon said "He is an exceptional manager, we have massive resources for him to work with and he's already started bringing in the silverware, its the kind of manager you need".

Sky Blues Still In Heaven

Well it was quite a good season for Coventry, unfortunatly Brown finished just outside the top ten in 12th place but it was better than a relegation dog fight. Brown's side started the season very well but then slowly slipped down the league. City also enjoyed two good domestic cup runs as they got to the quarter final of both the league cup and also the FA Cup. A good first season back in the premiership for the midlands club.

Brown said "We had a very good start to the season and it certainly helped us a lot,we'll build on this and hopefully next season we'll finish in the top ten" Chairmen Richardson said "Brown has been a good manager, its good to be back in the premiership and we'll be looking forward to next season"

No Roar From Welsh Dragons

After a shock sacking of manager Hepburn the season just didnt get started for the welsh club. A very poor season indeed for Cardiff as they just finished above the relegation zone. After suffering their worst ever season in the premiership Cardiff decided to re-appoint manager Hepburn.

Hepburn said "I was very dissapointed having been sacked so early in the season, the new manager didnt really do a lot at all and they deserved their poor league position. There's a lot of work to do to improve the club for next season but i am confident that we'll enjoy some success.

No Pray's Answered For Saints

Well Farwell didnt get get S'hampton promoted this season but finished in the top ten in division 2 but only just missed out on the play offs. In the domestic cups they got knocked out early in the league cup and then suffered a 5th round exit in the FA Cup.

Farwell said "Unfortunatly we lacked resources this season, if I would of had some cash i reckon we might have done better, but we'll be back next season thats for sure, ive got promoted from this league before and im confident that I can do it with S'hampton". Chairmen Lowe said "We are very confident in Farwell's ability, he's one of the best managers in this league, he's got teams promoted automatically and via the play offs.

Barnet Turn Gold

Well after the shocking appointment of Gold as manager of the conference team that finished 17th it was to be a new era for the club. Bringing a host of talent in from various premiership club the challenge of getting another conference team promoted began. Its a season that no Barnet fan will forget as the club went a whole season unbeaten in the league, having finished the previous season with 2 wins and 1 draw it meant that Barnet are 45 League Games unbeaten. The good league form went into the FA Cup were they managed to get to the quarter finals.

Gold said "The club had a couple of good players, the club had been under achieving and it was about time its full potential was shown". Chairmen Kleanthous said "Gold is an absolutely fantastic manager and has certainly exceeded expectations by going 45 league games unbeaten". Barnet fans were more than delighted to be back in the football league, one fan said "its fücking brilliant".

Who the fúck are Bayern Munich?

Well, tonight we witnessed the best result in Aston Villa's recent history at Villa Park. Villa 3-0 Bayern Munich. A James Williams - inspired home team ripped apart the Bundesliga Champions, as Joao Paiva got the first of his 3 hat tricks so far this season in Villa's debut European Cup game. After that, we faced a tricky trip to Portugal, a win here would virtually guarantee qualification. Andres d'Alesandro and Paiva (2) had put Villa 3-1 up at half time in Lisbon, but stupid defending enabled Sporting to get an undeserved 3-3 draw. The 2-0 win at home to Anderlecht, goals coming from Harbuzi and Paiva, was vital, and would leave us needing just 3 points from the remaining 3 games to go through.

In the League, it has been a mixed start. We started well, with Joao Paiva getting all 3 goals as we beat Sheffield Utd 3-1. Then came disappointing defeats to Rushden and Everton, but an Andres d'Allesandro hat trick helped us beat Leeds 3-2 to get back on track. We then drew 0-0 with Fulham at Craven Cottage in a game we should have won. Another Paiva hat-trick meant we beat Sunderland 3-0 at Villa Park. At the end of September we are 6th in the Premiership, which isn't too bad, although I'd hope to be further up than that later on. With WBA already having opened up a lead at the top, it's gonnae be tough to catch them.

Archived