David Villa

Lexis

Hello guys. I just signed David Villa from Valencia for 130 mil euro, on Weegie's DB. (R Madrid)

Any suggestions on how I should use him? What PInstructions etc?

Im playing a 4-4-2 , the other strike being Benzema.

Lack of a screenshot. :(

Mentality - whatever fits your system

CF - 14

Passing - Mixed

FR - Often or Mixed.

RWB - Often.

LS - Rarely.

TTB - Mixed or Often.

CB - Rarely.

Free role can be ticked.

He has long shot 16. In my game, I would give him long shot.

Villa in my Barca game.

7DavidVilla.png

• 1 month later...

He doesnt need any PPM he is the perfect striker as he is.

Mentality - The highest of all the attackers you use.

Creative Freedom - On the first notch of much.

Passing - First notch of mixed after short.

Forward Runs - Often.

Run With Ball - Often.

Long Shots - Mixed.

Try Through Balls - Mixed.

Cross Ball - Rarely.

Free role is an option as times if he is a lone striker I would use free role if not I would not tick. I also like to give him pretty low closing down aswell.

He doesnt need any PPM he is the perfect striker as he is.

Mentality - The highest of all the attackers you use.

Creative Freedom - On the first notch of much.

Passing - First notch of mixed after short.

Forward Runs - Often.

Run With Ball - Often.

Long Shots - Mixed.

Try Through Balls - Mixed.

Cross Ball - Rarely.

Free role is an option as times if he is a lone striker I would use free role if not I would not tick. I also like to give him pretty low closing down aswell.

Well, at the start of the game he had "Moves into channels" & "Tries to beat offside trap" while controlled by the AI, half way through the season "places shots" was added to his armoury. I've noticed quite a few top marksmen such as Torres,Benzema and now D.Villa acquiring "places shots" when controlled by the AI.

SSJ3-BROLLY

I generally get him to un-learn "Tries to beat offside Trap" and than get him to learn "Place's Shots", "Runs with ball through Center" and then depending on how I'm playing him or the formation I'm using, I'll get him to learn "Tries Long Shots" or "Tries Killer Balls Often".

As for instructions. I prefer him coming deeper to get the ball and running at defenders like HoPeY said. His mental stats and generally ability also mean I would always have free-role ticked for him as once he got used to it, he would benefit from it alot.

Well, at the start of the game he had "Moves into channels" & "Tries to beat offside trap" while controlled by the AI, half way through the season "places shots" was added to his armoury. I've noticed quite a few top marksmen such as Torres,Benzema and now D.Villa acquiring "places shots" when controlled by the AI.

Places shots is a good one to have I admit that. I just never changed him because he scored 49 goals in 47 games with an average rating of 7.8 so there was no need to get him to learn anything else.

Archived