SI Activator has stopped working

I have had the problem for 10 day's now {SI ACTIVATOR STOPPED WORKING}, no help available for this issue. The issue seems to be affecting more and more people so i cannot imagine a fix will be much longer..........surely?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

Hi guys,

We are in discussions with both Uniloc and Valve regarding this issue. I appreciate it's a royal pain for those of you who cannot play, and we're trying to get it sorted asap.

Uniloc have made some changes at their end, which is why (I suspect) the likes of Manukillie are able to play again.

Can I ask that everyone who had this issue try again today to boot the game, and let us know how you get on.

Apologies once again.

Grant

i followed the steps provided by FCB-rako, i still cannot run this game. SI activator has stopped working then i am asked for product key, i enter this and press next, then it says football manager has stopped working and windows will close the program. I have never had any issues with FM/CM before however, this is rediculous. I am very dissapointed SI!!

I think I have a similar issue, but I'm not using Steam for FM. I get (and it seems jsut to be in busy evening hours) the please activate pop up. And no matter how many times I try I can't. Started last night and resolved itself about 11pm.

• SI Staff

ok guys thanks for the info. I haven't got a fix for you yet but Uniloc and Valve are still working on this.

@Owie, Shadey1 - can you email me (grant.appleyard@sigames.com) and put your activation code in the mail please.

@Manukillie - steam uses uniloc too, it just does it slightly different to the standard install

dont know if this is the right thread, but hi grant, and my fm09 just stopped working says it needs to be activated again, and when i do it says that code is already active which it should be since i activated it in february, it is a boxed game orderd from uk so it is not teh scandinavien version

hugs

tor

Hey.

I've downloaded FM09 online from this site, because my computer won't accept any discs. It simply doesn't work. Well, here's my problem: I want to activate the game, so I press "activate" when I open it. I type in my key, but it says, that the key is incorrect length? It is the right key. Anyone who can solve this problem for me? It would be nice.

I was told to by Bardi post the following issue here, although I'm not quite sure that it's the same problem. But here goes:

Hi,

I bought the game at release, activated it via Steam and have been playing it ever since. However, today when I tried to play the Softanchor online activation thing popped up. I thought it was a bit wierd that all of a sudden it wanted me to activate there too when I've activated it via Steam. I typed in my licence key, but it said that the key had already been activated.

So what do I do now? Is there any way to release a key? Or can I get to play some other way?

Regards

Pickel

It's fine that you tell me to post in another thread. However, I'd like some response. I've (we've) paid for this game I'm (we're) not able to play anymore. Please confirm that you're working on fixing the problem. Silence is never good...

Sorry to those who haven't had their posts acknowledged yet.

Grant is unfortunately currently indefinitely out of the office, so until his return I don't expect much activity happening here I'm afraid.

I will try to see if there's anything else I can do in the meanwhile.

So, if you could be a little patient (I know it will be hard) that would be grateful.

A small update guys. I've been told that Grant should be coming back into the office sometime next week (hopefully Tuesday). You will most probably have to wait till then at the earliest, before you get a reply.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear (having to wait another few days before a response), but I'd rather you guys be informed as opposed to hopelessly refreshing your screens in hope for a reply for the next few days. Again, I want to apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you and would like to thank you for the patience you've showed thus far.

FFS!!! This problem has been since April and still it hasnt been fixed!!!! What a disgrace! I though this was a newly found problem. SI really should send us a new disk. Obviously something is wrong with Steam somehow or someway. I'm really unhappy about this. Whatever I do I cant progress through 30th september 2008.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hello everyone,

Just to say anyone still suffering with activation issues, please email me at neil.brock[at]sigames.com with your activation ID and I'll look into it for you. Thanks.

Hmm, this is exactly why I am sticking with Football Manager 08, and I love it. It seems to me that the 09 version is nothing but problem after problem. I really do think that someone is not keeping to their side of the contract here. People pay good money for a working product, if that product then stops working for any reason, then they are not getting a working product.

People ARE entitled to get their money back, as long as they have their receipts of purchase. I am really shocked about the amount of problems that this particular product has produced. I would say more so even then any other previous incarnations of Football Manager.

I've responded to you Shannon, thanks.

I saw your earlier email and responded Neil. Thank you. I just hope I can get it working soon. I'm having withdrawals. But again, I do appreciate the timely response on this. Just wish I knew why it happened again.

Hmm, this is exactly why I am sticking with Football Manager 08, and I love it. It seems to me that the 09 version is nothing but problem after problem. I really do think that someone is not keeping to their side of the contract here. People pay good money for a working product, if that product then stops working for any reason, then they are not getting a working product.

People ARE entitled to get their money back, as long as they have their receipts of purchase. I am really shocked about the amount of problems that this particular product has produced. I would say more so even then any other previous incarnations of Football Manager.

I'm currently experiencing problems with my keycode. I've contacted Neil and I'm more than willing to give SI the benefit of the doubt on this one, as long as they manage to sort out my problem.

Up to now I haven't had any problems with football manager 2009. My keycode appears to be non-existent, after playing the game since release date (Well, release of the last patch)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to start this thread again, but i'm having similiar issues, i just got a new lap-top, tried to install using steam, and then it says my internet connection is down, so it cant verify, even though i can then click on the re-direct link to the S.I webite, can anyone help?

• Administrators

Hello everyone,

Just to say anyone still suffering with activation issues, please email me at neil.brock[at]sigames.com with your activation ID and I'll look into it for you. Thanks.

This happens pretty much on a weekly basis on my secondary laptop, I don't mind it much because I use the "Fixv2" route, but it's a complete and total bitch when I don't have net access. For any particular reason I don't have internet access it means that I'm unable to upload my activation request, which means the game blocks me from loading it.

I just hope upon hope that the powers that be can properly sort out the activation issues for the next version of Football Manager. This is my only real gripe with Football Manager 2009, well, that and the limited amount of animation of the players.

hi I am having problems with this now. I have installed patch 3.0 and I installed via steam.

I had a problem with previously before I installed the patch, but then I uninstalled and re installed. tried that again tonight and it has not worked, it is really starting to frustrate me now as I was sitting high and mighty at the top of the premier league with Newcastle, which at first was the reason I assumed that it kicked me out of the game!!! I am mightily frustrated with this.

hi I am having problems with this now. I have installed patch 3.0 and I installed via steam.

I had a problem with previously before I installed the patch, but then I uninstalled and re installed. tried that again tonight and it has not worked, it is really starting to frustrate me now as I was sitting high and mighty at the top of the premier league with Newcastle, which at first was the reason I assumed that it kicked me out of the game!!! I am mightily frustrated with this.

I haven't the first clue about steam, so the problem that you're facing may be different from the one which I keep facing.

You'd best email Neil, mate. He left his email address in his previous post.

Good luck.

I have emailed neil and I have been trying to follow his instructions as best as I can but everytime I run the fix and then click save it says there is an error has anyone else been getting this problem? it is so frustrating, makes me think I should just play football manager 08 for the rest of my life till this issue is sorted.

Plus i'm not so good with computers and their files maybe this is not helping so much either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest octop8

I posted this in the PC support thread but the moderator there asked me to post in this thread:

I installed FM2009 for a week and have been playing the game fine. I bought the boxed-set.

Suddenly today, it refuses to load up. Every time I launch it, nothing happens, even after more than 30 mins. I look in task manager processes, end the fm.exe processes and try again and again.

So I attempted to uninstall game. It asks me if I want to deactivate the game, I click yes. Again, it was stuck at the "Executing" window for an hour. Nothing happened. I ended the process again via task manager. Went to your website and followed the guides for manual uninstall, deleting the reg keys and the certificate folder etc.

I then reinstalled the game. Now I get to the SoftAnchor activation screen and enter my code (verified on their website several times). But it refuses to activate. It gets stuck on the "Initializing" screen for ages, almost an hour.

I tried using the fix on your website, launched the activator vbs file and entered my code. Again, more than hour no response. I also tried the fix v3 but I get the unhandled exception error.

What is going on? What is making this game such a pain. My computer is i7/Nvidia 285 so it's definitely not my system or graphics drivers. I have Vista 64-bit and it was running fine for a week or so. I have been a long time player of this game but this version is truly a pain.

EDIT: I have also installed the 9.3 patch and used Uniloc to activate the first time.

Archived