The FMX-Factor II (SIGN-UP)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea 8 pm ????

Yeah, 8pm. That was the plan. I was busy.

But the fact remains that it's my sign-up and I will do it as I see fit, when I see fit. If you don't like it, you can leave it. That's twice you've got my back up already and I've not even started yet. You've heard the phrase 'three strikes' haven't you? People don't run a sign-up to be had a go at you know?

Next time, I kick you out of MY sign-up.

@ the rest of you:

Sorry for the delay - wedding stuff I'm afraid. If I'd not done as told, I might not have survived to run this sign-up. Four weeks to go and she has hit panic mode! Will post about the person data and those questions now.

First Name: Nikolev

Second Name: Cadu

Common Name (Optional):

Nationality: Romanian

2nd Nationality (Optional): English

Age of player: 17

Main Position (GK, RB, LB, CB, DM, CM, RW, LW, AM, ST): LB

Ignore next one if you selected GK for Main Position.

Secondary Position (GK, RB, LB, CB, DM, CM, RW, LW, AM, ST): DM

Height (cm): 182

Weight (kg): 61.9

Preferred Foot (Right/Left – not Either): Left

Mental attribute changes (30 points):

Anticipation +5, Concentration +5, Consistency +5, Important Matches +5, Positioning +5, Workrate +5

Physical attribute changes (20 points):

Injury Proneness -5, Natural Fitness +10, Stamina +5

Technical attribute changes (30 points):

Crossing +5, Heading +5, Marking +5, Passing +5, Tackling +10,

Two Preferred Moves (Optional):

Tries To Play Way Out Of Trouble, Winds Up Opponents

One favourite Person (Optional): Niall Quinn

One disliked Person (Optional): Alan Shearer (if he’s not in the game then Steven Taylor)

One favourite club (Optional): Sunderland

One disliked club (Optional): Newcastle

And you also need to answer these questions as well ...

THE FMX-FACTOR AUDITIONS!

For your auditions, you need to answer me a set of questions. You must select one of the answers provided. These answers will be important in determining information about your player at the start of the FMX-Factor II sign-up.

The Questions:

1. Which of these animals is your created player most like?

Raccoon

2. If your created player was to live in the USA, which of these cities/places would he live in?

New

3. Which of these rock stars would your created player be most likely to listen to?

Pete Doherty

4. Every footballer has a soft side: which of these animated movie heroines would your player like the most?

Mulan

5. Which of these footballers would your created player most like to meet/play against?

Giggs (Man U)

6. If your created player could visit one of the other planets in our Solar System, which would it be?

Uranus (childish, i know ;))

7. When your created player types a letter, which font would he be most likely to use?

Tahoma

8. Which of these footballers would your created player dislike the most?

Nolan (Newcastle)

9. If your created player could drive a car, which car make would he drive?

Ford

I hope this is ok, keep up the good work GCB!

• 2 weeks later...

First Name: Moussa

Second Name: N'Diaye

Common Name (Optional):

Nationality: Senegalese

2nd Nationality (Optional): English

Age of player: 20

Main Position (GK, RB, LB, CB, DM, CM, RW, LW, AM, ST): MC

Secondary Position (GK, RB, LB, CB, DM, CM, RW, LW, AM, ST): AM

Height (cm): 196

Weight (kg): 90

Preferred Foot (Right/Left – not Either): L

Mental attribute changes (30 points):

Anticipation +3

Creativity +5

Consistency +9

Decisions +5

Dirtiness -2

Off the Ball +2

Work Rate +4

Physical attribute changes (20 points):

Acceleration +3

Agility +3

Balance +2

Injury Proneness -4

Pace +1

Natural Fitness +3

Stamina +4

Technical attribute changes (30 points):

Finishing +4

First Touch +5

Long Shots +6

Passing +6

Tackling +5

Technique +4

Ignore next one if you are an outfield player.

Goalkeeper attribute changes (30 points):

Two Preferred Moves (Optional): Shoots Long, Does Not Dive Into Tackles

One favourite Person (Optional): Paul Scholes

One disliked Person (Optional): Joey Barton

One favourite club (Optional): Manchester United

One disliked club (Optional): Liverpool

--

Fruit Fly

2. If your created player was to live in the USA, which of these cities/places would he live in?

San Francisco

3. Which of these rock stars would your created player be most likely to listen to?

Madonna

4. Every footballer has a soft side: which of these animated movie heroines would your player like the most?

Mulan

5. Which of these footballers would your created player most like to meet/play against?

Scholes (Man U)

6. If your created player could visit one of the other planets in our Solar System, which would it be?

Venus

7. When your created player types a letter, which font would he be most likely to use?

Times New Roman

McCann (Bolton)

Honda

Yeah, sorry to anyone else that wanted to play for being a meanie.

I feel I should point out I answered all your questions without reading the topic thread which would have given me the answers, so I missed a real opportunity to cheat. Although I (more or less) guessed the intention behind the questions, some of the answers really surprised me, especially the Scholes one. I'm disappointed that the fruit fly, known for it's rapid genetic adaptation didn't do better though ;)

Yeah, sorry to anyone else that wanted to play for being a meanie.

I feel I should point out I answered all your questions without reading the topic thread which would have given me the answers, so I missed a real opportunity to cheat. Although I (more or less) guessed the intention behind the questions, some of the answers really surprised me, especially the Scholes one. I'm disappointed that the fruit fly, known for it's rapid genetic adaptation didn't do better though ;)

As soon as I saw your answers, I knew you weren't cheating! ;)

• 1 month later...

Ain't it just?! :)

Right, I want the live shows to reflect the nine different person data attributes and I'm struggling on a couple of them. Basically, I'd like each show to be a season (or 2 or 3 etc ...) where certain events/occurrances are looked at. I'll post the ideas I've already got and if you could suggest anything for the ones I've got nothing for or improvements to the others, I'd be grateful.

ADAPTABILITY:

Place the players in another country and see how they adapt.

AMBITION:

Place all the players in the Blue Square Premier and see how long it takes them to move, where they move to etc ...

CONTROVERSY:

Best I can think of is a standard Premiership season linked to discipline although that could be used for Temperament as well.

DETERMINATION:

Errr .... Go on, suggest something!

LOYALTY:

Place them at a club beneath their ability, i.e. Championship, and see how long they stay there.

PRESSURE:

Champions League performances?

PROFESSIONALISM:

Place at a lower league club and see how professional the players are over a season, i.e. not demanding moves, performing well etc ...

SPORTSMANSHIP/TEMPERAMENT:

See Discipline ... Am struggling with these.

Determination: Could put them at a team who are predicted to be bottom of the league and see how they fair, as in they could be determined to not finish bottom. Could reward points for the best position a person achieves in their division?

That's a good idea Jack. I like that. The only issue would be that I'd need eight teams ... Could use bottom two from England, Spain, Italy and Germany/France top flight divsions?

Yeah, use the biggest leagues, bigger challenge for them.

Not sure about sportsmanship/temperament though.

They could all effect rival matches, but not sure how this could be implemented into the game. Maybe one off matches between fierce rivals where these attributes will be put to the test? Could work...

Based on what I know (and it's not much admittedly!), a player with high sportsmanship values would have a good disciplinary record and a player with a poor temperament would have a poor disciplinary record. But if it was that simple, they'd only have one attribute as high sportsmanship = low temperament and vice versa. So they must be slightly different.

Wonder what the manual says ...

Determination could possibly be most MOM performances - the player determined to impress the most will stand out more often

Professionalism in FM terms mostly means the way in which players' ability levels respond to training/playing/being dropped. These can be measured over the course of the season by CA growth/shrinkage

That leaves loyalty to be tested by placing players at a lower league club. Is staying a good thing though... a player who shows the greatest ambition is certainly unambitious ?

Then again, ambition could be tested using the overachievement relative to team' original goals task you used last time (ambitious players want their team to overachieve)

Pressure could be tested by putting them at clubs destined to underachieve (eg Spurs with an artificially enhanced Arsenal-sized reputation) which will soon make everyone unhappy. Or on cup performances (all cup competitions participated in)

Sportsmanship could be measured (more reasonably than controversy) by a card per game/minute count but I can't see that season being an especially exciting one (the ideal player is one that never commits a single foul due to spending the entire season on the bench :) )

Temperament/Controversy I'd see as pretty difficult to meaningfully compare most players - you could probably nominate a handful of people with bad media stories about them for eviction but I can't see it being that exciting

Based on what I know (and it's not much admittedly!), a player with high sportsmanship values would have a good disciplinary record and a player with a poor temperament would have a poor disciplinary record. But if it was that simple, they'd only have one attribute as high sportsmanship = low temperament and vice versa. So they must be slightly different.
temperament makes players get cross with their manager/teammates as well as on the pitch

tricky to systematically measure that though

you can be unsportsmanlike whilst keeping your temper (diving, professional foul) but again players overall disciplinary records don't give reasons...

trouble with some of these possible challenges is that they seem a bit too easy to fix: we all know what to do to keep our card count down (although it would be nice to see the goalkeepers have an easy time for a change...)

Determination could possibly be most MOM performances - the player determined to impress the most will stand out more often

But that's not much different to using the average rating is it? Hmm.

Professionalism in FM terms mostly means the way in which players' ability levels respond to training/playing/being dropped. These can be measured over the course of the season by CA growth/shrinkage

Would it be a direct link though? For example, in Boot Camp, I had some players who dropped to CA=144 before their bonuses kicked in. Would they be likely to be the ones with low professionalism? Or are there other factors?

That leaves loyalty to be tested by placing players at a lower league club. Is staying a good thing though... a player who shows the greatest ambition is certainly unambitious?

But the focus would be on loyalty not ambition. But again, it's all interlinked isn't it?

Then again, ambition could be tested using the overachievement relative to original goals you used last time (ambitious players want their team to overachieve)

But so would determined players. I would think.

Pressure could be tested by putting them at clubs destined to underachieve (eg Spurs with an artificially enhanced Arsenal-sized reputation). Or on cup performances (in general)

That's a good idea and I will use this whether as a pressure season or just as a theme. Did you see the themed shows I had in FMX1? Do you think I'm better off sticking to something like that?

Sportsmanship could be measured (more reasonably than controversy) by a card per game/minute count but I can't see that season being an especially exciting one (the ideal player is one that never commits a single foul due to spending the entire season on the bench :) )

Temperament/Controversy I'd see as pretty difficult to meaningfully compare most players - you could probably nominate a handful of people with bad media stories about them for eviction but I can't see it being that exciting

Yeah, it needs to be interesting and exciting. :)

A bit late to the discussion but agreeing with the movies idea. Might as well us a classic movie for a typical "performance" season whereas a new, high box-office movie may suggest a "most improving team wins" season.

About the person datas, there are a lot of different actors that come into play when we talk about those. They are nearly all interlinked with each other. Also, CA/PA, average rating, fouls commited or cards got have all other dependencies so it'd have been real hard to reflect a good person data season. Better go with movies for the moment.

Films sounds like a good idea, especially with my character being named after Gregory Peck :)

We could have:

• Star Wars, where each player chooses a world-reknowned star (from a pool chosen by GCB) in their position that they have to outperform (could be by ave rating, or by a certain attribute like in bootcamp) over the course of the season
  • Rocky, where each set of players joins a former great who has fallen on hard times - teams could include Sheff Wed, Wolves, Nottm Forest, Southampton, Leicester, Leeds, etc - and tries to win them a trophy. This would probably have to be a later one, so the players are better and more likely to be able to carry the team
  • Grease, where style is more important than substance. The team with the highest goals to points scored ratio wins - so if your team score 100 goals and get relegated, you do better than scoring 50 and winning the title :D

Fast and Furious? The Fast bit being whoever is the first to reach a set target (number of goals for strikers, number of saves for keepers etc). Furious bit being linked to discipline.

I dunno. Just an idea. :p

I'm not sure what you'd use for defenders and midfielders though Ben for the 'Fast' part. I suppose tackles, headers, passes and assists maybe?

I just thought of:

GK: Clean sheets

Defenders: Tackles

Midfielders: Assists

A few more film ideas:

• Eurotrip, where points are awarded depending on how far the players' team gets in European competition - gives scope for any European league to be used, and could have bonuses for scoring important goals, keeping important clean sheets, etc
  • Terminator, could be one of the last few where the game is holidayed far in to the future, and points are awarded for players who "survive" the longest (i.e. those who retire last get most points). Would give keepers a good chance to get some points in.
  • Team America, where the players and managers attempt to conquer the MLS

The Fast and the Furious idea is a good one, but I can't really think of a good, balanced way of points scoring that will still be simple enough work for GCB. I did have the idea that players could get points for doing good things in the first half of games (the fast part), and then lose those points if they get booked and even get those points taken off their score if they get sent off in the second half (the furious part), but it'd be a lot of work for GCB to check every game the players are involved in.

It could work if we're down to 3 or 4 managers and teams I guess, but what if the players move to teams in non-playable leagues mid-season?

• 2 weeks later...

First Name:Earvin

Second Name:Lozano

Common Name (Optional):Lozano

Nationality:Filipino

2nd Nationality (Optional):Spaniard

Age of player: 20

Main Position (GK, RB, LB, CB, DM, CM, RW, LW, AM, ST): ST

Secondary Position (GK, RB, LB, CB, DM, CM, RW, LW, AM, ST): AR

Height (cm):180

Weight (kg):75

Preferred Foot (Right/Left – not Either):Right

Mental attribute changes (30 points): Composure, Work Rate, Decisions, Detemination, Off the ball, Team Work (all+5)

Physical attribute changes (20 points): Jumping, Strength, Natural Fitness, Stamina (all+5)

Technical attribute changes (30 points):Heading (+10), Finishing (+10), Technique, First Touch (both +5)

Ignore next one if you are an outfield player.

Goalkeeper attribute changes (30 points):

Two Preferred Moves (Optional):Moves into Channels

One favourite Person (Optional):

One disliked Person (Optional):

One favourite club (Optional):

One disliked club (Optional):

And you also need to answer these questions as well ...

THE FMX-FACTOR AUDITIONS!

For your auditions, you need to answer me a set of questions. You must select one of the answers provided. These answers will be important in determining information about your player at the start of the FMX-Factor II sign-up.

The Questions:

Coyote

San Francisco

Madonna

Anastasia

Maldini (Milan)

Saturn

Times New Roman

Cattermole (Wigan)

Mazda

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived