• Substitution rules in Norwegian competitions

hoaxz
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

It appears that the substitution rules in all Norwegian competitions revert back to 7 named, maximum 3 used for the 2023 season and onwards, instead of 9 named and maximum 5 used.

470765257_NorwegianPremierDivision_Rules.thumb.png.7848f41f7cf166731efb587594771b44.png1652306716_NorwegianCup_Rules.thumb.png.2619ed7561e84dedb00741d443b7ae58.png643591034_NorwegianFirstDivision_Rules.thumb.png.2fdffe00d956f9e6330aa2457a0e497b.png1807720277_NorwegianSecondDivisionGroup1_Rules.thumb.png.b47a2090326a8c8e384b5a0a58f5a195.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm struggling to find a source that explicitly states what the rules will be from 2023 and onwards. All I can really find is this one, https://www.fotball.no/lov-og-reglement/spilleregler/spilleregler2/, but this has not been updated since January 2022, which is 5 months before the IFAB decided to make the 5 substitutions change permanent. That url seem to be pretty much the 17 rules from the laws of the game from https://www.theifab.com/, translated to Norwegian. So I'm assuming it just has not been updated yet for next year. I also can't think of a reason as to why they would revert back to 3 substitutions after the rules change permanently, having used 5 substitutions all throughout covid.

Edited by hoaxz

On 25/10/2022 at 16:58, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

@LarsC Could you confirm what the substitute rules are meant to be (and for which competitions)? Thanks!

@sigurdandreas is right. The five substitute rule has been made permanent by IFAB. I thought this would be implemented by FM globally in all competitions, without needing to report this individually for Norway etc.

On 25/10/2022 at 03:16, Kyle Brown said:

Could you provide a source for this, please? 

On 25/10/2022 at 16:58, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

@LarsC Could you confirm what the substitute rules are meant to be (and for which competitions)? Thanks!

The rule is meant for all playable league (on FM23) and the cup in Norway. The main document for all rules in Norwegian football was released in January, and has not been updated. So the rules for 2023 will probably be released ( @ www.fotball.no ) in January 2023. The only confirmation I can find online is through Eurosport ( link: https://www.eurosport.no/fotball/fem-innbyttere-i-toppfotballen-innfores-permanent_sto8990886/story.shtml )

This story confirmes that the temporary covid-rule is made permanently.

Regards 
    Mats

Full game released and this has not been fixed despite being raised within a day of the beta being out. Is there a particular reason for why that is?

I also noticed this bug in the Beta, so stopped my save... and now im curious before i start my Long run Norwegian League save, did it get fixed yet? bit unmotivating to start one again to find out if i've wasted a new game/season or not, should def have been fixed by release if its not tbh.

I cannot believe this haven’t been fixed despite being informed of the mistake as soon as one day after Beta release. 

Would’ve thought something like this would get prioritized in the process as it’s a mistake in the comp rules. Dissapointed is an understatement, especially considering the guys behind the scenes have considered Emery to Villa as a higher priority than how the sub rule works.

So poor, honestly.

Edited by sigurdandreas

On 08/11/2022 at 01:15, hoaxz said:

Full game released and this has not been fixed despite being raised within a day of the beta being out. Is there a particular reason for why that is?

I guess I'm expecting too much hoping for an answer here. Also interesting to note that same issue was fixed for the Poland, while ignored for Norway. I guess some leagues are given a higher priority than others by SI staff. 

• Administrators
    23 hours ago, hoaxz said:

I guess I'm expecting too much hoping for an answer here. Also interesting to note that same issue was fixed for the Poland, while ignored for Norway. I guess some leagues are given a higher priority than others by SI staff. 

We have to work with priorities across the entire game when reviewing issues and in some cases that does include the popularity of the league in terms of how many players are playing within it. However in this situation, the issue whilst flagged, there wasn't the evidence provided to back it up until the 28th, which meant it was too late to be included for full release. We had the Polish changes two weeks earlier, which is why we were able to do so. 

It's something that will be included in a future major update which includes gameplay and competition fixes. Thanks. 

Additional error I found

The promotion playoff format to the top tier is wrong, but I see that's been issued in another thread.

But in the game you are allowed only 3 subs in the playoff promotion games, whereas in real life you're allowed 5 subs in 3 stops. Source; it happened plenty of times in the real life play off promotion

On 10/11/2022 at 18:30, Neil Brock said:

We have to work with priorities across the entire game when reviewing issues and in some cases that does include the popularity of the league in terms of how many players are playing within it. However in this situation, the issue whilst flagged, there wasn't the evidence provided to back it up until the 28th, which meant it was too late to be included for full release. We had the Polish changes two weeks earlier, which is why we were able to do so. 

It's something that will be included in a future major update which includes gameplay and competition fixes. Thanks. 

@Neil Brock @LarsC @Kyle Brown

Do you know when this will be fixed? And is it also for current saves, or do you have to start a new save by then? 

Edited by Quickzz

On 09/03/2023 at 15:02, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this issue should now be resolved after our recent Winter Update. Can you confirm?

Disregard, looks like the custom database file is wrong not the game update. 

Edited by TheMattB81