• Crash on July 1st 2023

xkvicd
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

First of all, I'm sorry for posting it here but I can't see the "Add new issue" button on the more appropriate "Crash, Technical Issues and Game Performance Support Portal".

Description: Game crashes on July 1st 2023

Added files: CrashJuly1st.fm; CrashJuly1st.dmp

Steps to reproduce the crash:

• Load the .fm in the latest version of FM and press continue.
    • Alternatively: Return from holiday and press continue twice

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have had the same issue. I am managing in the Brazilian League in a save that I started on Early 2023 pre-season. I recently acquired the game and it is really disappointing that this happened on my first ever save.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this an issue that can be resolved after an update or is my save lost forever and I will need to start another one?

• Administrators
    6 hours ago, paulomc said:

I have had the same issue. I am managing in the Brazilian League in a save that I started on Early 2023 pre-season. I recently acquired the game and it is really disappointing that this happened on my first ever save.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this an issue that can be resolved after an update or is my save lost forever and I will need to start another one?

To investigate your issue further, can you submit a support ticket and provide the following information so our team can look into it for you, please?

Thanks.

Hi, I submitted the support ticket. I included the .dmp and .jpg crash dump files, but I was unable to add the .fm file. I kept getting the message "The upload took too long, connection was lost." I can't do it through here either.

If you need it to investigate the issue, is there another way I can upload it? Sorry for the disturbance.

4 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @paulomcyou can upload your save file here - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4 - I'll add it to the report.

@BenWorthington94 whilst we investigate the issue, can we suggest starting a new game with a different start date. (June/July etc.)

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Yeah I’ll try starting with a different start date this evening, thanks. 

I am facing the same issue - Brazilian League - when eachs 1st July 2023 it crashes. I've tried all suggested steps and have just uploaded required files. It would be great to have it fixed asap.

• Administrators

Yeah appears to be an issue primarily with save games started with an in-game start date of December 2022. It's an issue we're aware of and are investigating, however will take us time to do so and potentially provide a solution.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.  

I just bought the game and spent 6 hours building up a save, in which results that have already happened IRL also happen in-game. I encountered this problem as well. It's absolutely ridiculous that the best starting date for realistic gameplay is bugged. It is the best date to save time and make sure Argentina won the world cup. It is also the best starting date to manipulate the league results so that all the league tables on 21/03 are as close to reality as possible.

Please fix this ASAP.

Same issue playing in Brazil having started the game in December. Just to clarify can I avoid the issue if I start a new save in Brazil at different time after December?

• Administrators
    1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Same issue playing in Brazil having started the game in December. Just to clarify can I avoid the issue if I start a new save in Brazil at different time after December?

Yes, that's correct. It's only a temporary solution while we work to resolve the crash for good. 

23 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Yes, that's correct. It's only a temporary solution while we work to resolve the crash for good. 

will there be a fix for this, with smo minor update or?