• Young player attributes plummeting?

dwright7113
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I know young player progression is a topic of some debate, and it's unclear to me at least how much game time they should get to best help them improve, but i've found so far this year that there are an inordinate amount of huge attribute drops across my young players in just half of a season. Some like Odegaard and Smith Rowe have played a lot and apparently this has hindered their development despite being regular starters and not having any injuries? Tavares has gotten steady backup game time with a few first team caps to replace injured players and he has seen nothing but decreases as well. Calegari who was getting sporadic game time was plummeting, and has featured more of late has shot down even further to the point where nearly all of his stats have gone down by 1 over the course of half of a season. I don't know if this is a bug but i've played youth a lot over the years and am aware of the typical rises and falls of attributes but i've never seen anything like this where a player will need another year just to get back to where he was when i started my save. This is not effecting all players but apart from a few players on a very young team i'm experiencing an overall net loss of stats. Some of these stat dumps might be insignificant on their own but altogether with a team that's happy and doing well i don't understand why it's as bad as it is. Am i doing something wrong? is the development harsher? 

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (7).png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

If you upload a save file we'll have a look to see if anything stands out. There are ongoing tweaks to player progression in the meantime anyway, so hopefully you'll notice changes in the near future. :)

22 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

If you upload a save file we'll have a look to see if anything stands out. There are ongoing tweaks to player progression in the meantime anyway, so hopefully you'll notice changes in the near future. :)

I'm one of the people doing the Youth Academy Challenge and many of us have been noticing this as a major issue in developing our players specifically when they stay in the U-18's from 16-18. While I've been able to successfully develop some players that has only been when they've become first team starters at 16 getting 80+ Appearances by 18. If I leave them in my youth team, or they are just rotational players they at best stagnate if not decline by the time they reach 18.

I've uploaded my game file as indicated. It is: "Belgium YAC - RAAL - Youth Development Issues". 

Here is a link to the challenge forum post page where others are also discussing this issue 

Young player, given 2 seasons as first choice first team player (i'm doing academy challenge).

Lost 15 attribute points between age 16 and 18 playing over 80 times for 1st team. Never seen that before.

Corners -1                           Composure +2                   Work rate -1

Crossing -2                          Concentration -1             Pace -1

Finishing -1                        Decisions -1                       Stamina +1

Longshot -2                         Determination -1

Marking -1                          Flair +1

Penalties -1                         Leadership - 1

Tackling -2                        Off the ball  +1

Technique -1                     Teamwork -1

Attribute Changes

Negative = -19

Positive = 4

NEGATIVE -15 CHANGE!!

pool1.thumb.jpg.be11df1dc189c6eb185eb243e3069bf9.jpg

23 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Thanks for taking a look. I'm going to wait to start my long term youth only save before i know for sure this is been solved. Thanks for keeping us up to date :) 

@Kyle Brownwill those changes be save game compatible please ?

Edited by OlivierL

Same problem for me. Most of my youngsters don't develop even if they are first-teamers. They youngsters who stay in the U18 just regress, making my youth saves unplayable.

Started a new youth challenge with Scarborough, played 6 months, here are the CA on the 1st day vs after 20 league games.

A JACKSON 52 TO 48. -4 POINTS

N CARTMAN 57 TO 52. -5 POINTS

K WELEDJI 54 TO 53. -1 POINTS

L MALONEY 52 TO 50 -2 POINTS

J CADMAN 41 TO 36. -5 POINTS

B GOODA 52 TO 49. -3 POINTS

D COGILL 56 TO 54 - 2 points

T HUDSON 50 TO 50

W THORNTON 52 TO 53 +1

J DAY 59 TO 54 -5

So after a promotion to a higher division, having no coaches to a full coaching team, the whole team is getting worse and worse instead of better.

How is that not broken?