• It is no longer possible to change the Manager's face image.

shj030
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

After applying the latest patch, the button to change the manager's face image that was in the settings no longer appears.
    Also, the face image that was set before the patch was applied is no longer displayed.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Fiddled around with the config file code and have figure out a temporary fix. Given that players and staff generated by the game now have an 'r-' prefix attached to their ID, if you create a config file and add an appropriately formatted photo to your graphics photo, you can get your manager profile photo working again.

i.e. <record from="2002180273" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-2002180273/portrait"/> would be the new way to format an entry in a config file (you can check what your managers ID is by turning on 'show screen IDs in Title bar to assist skinning' in preferences).

Edited by rcurtis

Same issue, the option in preferences has disappeared - and the picture I was already using has been stripped out.

On a related note, it's also broken my newgen faces (using NewGAN Manager). I assume that @rcurtis's observation is the cause, and I know that won't be solved by SI as it's an external tool so I guess we'll just have to wait for an update on that.

31 minutes ago, Jamaicaman90 said:

Same issue, the option in preferences has disappeared - and the picture I was already using has been stripped out.

On a related note, it's also broken my newgen faces (using NewGAN Manager). I assume that @rcurtis's observation is the cause, and I know that won't be solved by SI as it's an external tool so I guess we'll just have to wait for an update on that.

Yes you're correct, it's the same issue that has messed with any third-party regen facepacks.

It's a simple fix though - once you've generated or preserved using the Newgan tool, you just need to open the config file and use a text editor to replace all for the following lines: replace 'graphics/pictures/person/' with 'graphics/pictures/person/r-'. You'd need to repeat this step everytime you update the config file.

13 minutes ago, rcurtis said:

Yes you're correct, it's the same issue that has messed with any third-party regen facepacks.

It's a simple fix though - once you've generated or preserved using the Newgan tool, you just need to open the config file and use a text editor to replace all for the following lines: replace 'graphics/pictures/person/' with 'graphics/pictures/person/r-'. You'd need to repeat this step everytime you update the config file.

Thanks for the fix. It's worked on my newgens, but I can't seem to get a config to work on my manager. Have you managed to make it work on your own manager where you had previously had a picture installed via the preferences?

I have a suspicion that, because my own manager picture was set through preferences, there's a hidden config built into the game that I can't overwrite via my graphics folder.

44 minutes ago, Jamaicaman90 said:

Thanks for the fix. It's worked on my newgens, but I can't seem to get a config to work on my manager. Have you managed to make it work on your own manager where you had previously had a picture installed via the preferences?

I have a suspicion that, because my own manager picture was set through preferences, there's a hidden config built into the game that I can't overwrite via my graphics folder.

Yes I have gotten it to work. Are you embedding your profile pic in the config of an existing facepack or creating a new folder and config for the image from scratch? If it's the later, I'd suggest using fmXL - it's a program that spits out custom configs and is fairly simple to use.

18 minutes ago, rcurtis said:

Yes I have gotten it to work. Are you embedding your profile pic in the config of an existing facepack or creating a new folder and config for the image from scratch? If it's the later, I'd suggest using fmXL - it's a program that spits out custom configs and is fairly simple to use.

The latter. I'll give your suggestion a go, cheers.

Edit: Success! Cheers @rcurtis.

Edited by Jamaicaman90

13 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

We're looking into this one further.

well done Si yet again you have cocked something up i take my hat off to you for the amount of times you screw up

:applause:

You make an update to fix things and you blew it!!!!!! This year Football manager and the pre_game iditor is so annoying!!! So never ending bugs.

Nice tech team you got there

Me too.

I can't load my trainer avatar.

I removed the background from the photo and resized it to 180x180 pixels.

I put the photo in the avatar file and FM24 cannot view the photo.

On 30/11/2023 at 13:34, rcurtis said:

Fiddled around with the config file code and have figure out a temporary fix. Given that players and staff generated by the game now have an 'r-' prefix attached to their ID, if you create a config file and add an appropriately formatted photo to your graphics photo, you can get your manager profile photo working again.

i.e. <record from="2002180273" to="graphics/pictures/person/r-2002180273/portrait"/> would be the new way to format an entry in a config file (you can check what your managers ID is by turning on 'show screen IDs in Title bar to assist skinning' in preferences).

Thank you so much 

18 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this should now be resolved after our latest update. 

Can confirm, for myself at least, that the fix for this issue has worked.