Asian Players with 'Continental' reputation (+ prospects) = increased revenue (FM09)

Jay-Producer

After putting a post up about what whether purchasing an Asian player in FM09 will make a difference for increased merchandise shirt sales it was concluded that apparently it will, although I personally have never noticed. However I decided to put together a list of Asian players with a 'continental' reputation and a list of players with a 'national' reputation who are under-25 years of age and likely to increase to Continental status over time.

Purchasing some of these players when they have a 'consitnental' reputation may increase your merchandise shirt sales. However if you are a large club they may not. I have no idea, but try it if you like.

'Continental' reputation Players from the Asian continent -

Japan:

Shunsuke Nakamura

South Korea:

Park Ji-Sung

Lee Chun-Soo

Song Chong-Goog

Iran:

Ali Karimi

'National' reputation players from the Asian continent who are u-25 years of age -

Japan:

Takayuki Morimoto

Koki Mizuno

North Korea:

Choe Myong-Ho

South Korea:

Park Joo-Young

Lee Ho

Iran:

Masoud Shojaei

Mohsen Mosalman

Hosain Kaebi

Agil Etemadi

Vahid Amraei

Ehsan Hajsafi

Uzbekistan:

Vitaly Denisov

Vadim Afonin

Kazakhstan:

Tanat Nuserbaev

Indonesia:

Irfan Bachdim

Turkmenistan:

Vakhit Orazsakhedov

you sure it works with players from all the countries you named besides China/S & N Korea/Japan ? you can form commercial links in those countries and naturally they should be popular countries for merchandising but what makes Iran/Uzbekistan etc so popular? has anyone tested those countries?

you sure it works with players from all the countries you named besides China/S & N Korea/Japan ? you can form commercial links in those countries and naturally they should be popular countries for merchandising but what makes Iran/Uzbekistan etc so popular? has anyone tested those countries?

I have no idea if they would. I haven't tried it with those countries yet. I know places like Japan, China and Korea work well but the others I have no idea.

Yep, thats ture. They wanted an easier way to the World Cup because everytime they won the Oceanic qualifier they had to meet #5 (not sure if its #5 though) from the South American qualifier in a final play off game to get to the WC. But as the winner of the Asian qualifier they get the WC spot right away.

it's good for the rest of Oceania (in particular NZ where i live) cause we play off against the 4th or 5th best team in Asia and if we win - they off to the World Cup we go!

Problem is NZ are rubbish ;) Im living in NZ just now and went to see a local league game. Very poor quality compared to Europe.

are buying asian players who are most likely not going to make the first team worth it....i'm at tottenham and already have commercial links with a club in japan....will the revenue coning in be worth it???

are buying asian players who are most likely not going to make the first team worth it....i'm at tottenham and already have commercial links with a club in japan....will the revenue coning in be worth it???

I think the idea is, that you need the commercial link like you have in Japan and then buy the continental rep players who are from Japan the rest won't make a difference.

I don't think it will make any difference to anyone unless you have a commercial link with a club in the country where they are from. Also works with US clubs signing players like Donovan, Adu etc. but need the commercial link first.

Yep, thats ture. They wanted an easier way to the World Cup because everytime they won the Oceanic qualifier they had to meet #5 (not sure if its #5 though) from the South American qualifier in a final play off game to get to the WC. But as the winner of the Asian qualifier they get the WC spot right away.

Actually, they wanted more of a consistent challenge, as playing in oceania, they would often play a third string squad of players in the qualifiers and then would only require their best players in the tie against the south american team. They felt that staying in oceania and doing this would not help improve the standard of national football, as they would be playing inferior teams on a consistent basis and have no real preparation for the south america game (or the world cup itself).

Whilst in Asia, they would be playing better national sides (in comparison to oceania..sorry new zealand) on a consistent basis, which would require them to play close to their best squad every match, and as a result provide much better preparation for the world cup. Therefore, this would ideally mean a tougher qualifying campaign, then the ones they had in the past in oceania.

Actually, they wanted more of a consistent challenge, as playing in oceania, they would often play a third string squad of players in the qualifiers and then would only require their best players in the tie against the south american team. They felt that staying in oceania and doing this would not help improve the standard of national football, as they would be playing inferior teams on a consistent basis and have no real preparation for the south america game (or the world cup itself).

Whilst in Asia, they would be playing better national sides (in comparison to oceania..sorry new zealand) on a consistent basis, which would require them to play close to their best squad every match, and as a result provide much better preparation for the world cup. Therefore, this would ideally mean a tougher qualifying campaign, then the ones they had in the past in oceania.

well said.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

As an Aussie, I hated watching us smash our way 52-0 against teams like Western Samoa, and amateur nations, and then get rejected by the failings of South America. It's a lot more fair, as Australia was being dragged down by the overall quality of the region.

As for the thread, this works. I definitely saw my merchandising go up after signing the North Korean guy (he went continental pretty quick)

does this actually work as i havn't seen that much of an improvement in my merchandising sales. as i have a american feeder team for merchandising and a regen that plays in the usa team and has massive intrested from all the 'big' clubs and so id asume he has a decent reputation, i'm parma btw

I hate to put a downer on the thread, but when i've studied Commercial Feeder Club affiliations in depth i've found no evidence to suggest signing players from the same nationality as the feeder club will bring increased merchandise sales.

Nor have i ever found that signing 'Asian' players brings increased merchandise sales, with or without a Commercial Feeder Club.

A thread i made a while ago explores some of my findings and most others have confirmed them.

Only signing WORLD CLASS rep players brings noticable increases, world superstars like Messi, Ronaldo etc will bring a noticable increase and you'll receive the message in your inbox about 'increased sales' when you sign these players.

There's a lot of misconceptions that signing say.. Landon Donovan and having a US feeder club will bring massive rewards to your club. Thats wrong. The same applies to a Japanese club and someone like Nakata or Inamoto in their 'heyday'. It doesn't work like that.

Archived