FM 2009: Official Getafe Thread

AcidBurn

brand.gif

Getafe Club de Fútbol is a Spanish Primera División football club based in Getafe, a city in the metropolitan area of South Madrid, founded in 1946 and refounded in 1983. Their stadium is the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez. 2008 is the fifth season which the club has played in La Liga.

Achievements

* Copa del Rey

Runners-up (2): 2006-2007, 2007-2008

* Segunda División B - Group 1

Winners: 1998-1999

* Zamora Trophy for Roberto Abbondanzieri in 2006-2007

* 1 Participation in UEFA Cup

* 5 seasons in First division

* 6 seasons in Second division

* 11 seasons in Second division B

* 1 seasons in Third division

GK Jacobo Sanz (on loan from Valladolid)

DF Cosmin Contra

DF "Cata" Díaz

DF David Belenguer (captain)

DF Mario

MF Fabio Celestini

MF Mario Cotelo

MF Jaime Gavilán

FW Roberto Soldado

MF Juan Albín

MF Francisco Sousa

DF Lucas Licht

GK Roberto Carlos Abbondanzieri

DF Rafa

MF Joffre Guerrón

FW Kepa

FW Ikechukwu Uche

DF Franck Signorino

MF Eugen Polanski

DF David Cortés

MF Javier Casquero

MF Adrián González

DF İbrahim Kaş

MF Esteban Granero

GK Gonzalo Gutiérrez

GK Oscar Ustari

MF Joffre Guerrón

The best lineup woth Getafe os a 4-4-2 as Soldado and Uche are solid upfront

Goalkeepers

The first GK is brilliant Ustari has had many great matches in my 2 season managing them and hasnt missed a single match so far, plays alot better than his stats suggest and can only get better. Due to the retirement of Abbondanzieri at the end of the first season a backup GK will be required at the end of the first year. I went for a regen to cover this position.

Defenders

Daniel Diaz is a solid CB and the vice captain of the side, another CB is a must for the first season as the backups are either too slow or not good enough in the air I went for Gioda as he doesnt take up a non-EU slot as he has an Italian 2nd nationality. The FBs are good enough for the first season, I play attacking FBs so Contra and Licht were good enough until I can build the club up and bring in better players.

Midfielders

This area is pretty strong for a top half finish at least, the only place I think you need someone would be as a DM, Polanski can handle this position but I opted for Eduardo Costa as he is a very good player and very capable of holding the midfield. Javier Casquero is pretty good going forward but is aging a little bit. Granero is a must keep player who developes into a class right winger, with Sousa on the left this team can deliver some good balls into the box for the attackers.

Attack

Easily the strongest area of the team Uche is awesome if played right in my first 2 seasons he smashed in 37 and 32 goals in each year. Soldado is also a decent striker but I signed Lewandowski to ease the burden of getting the goals from these two. I also moved Soldado on in the 2nd season for £8 million.

The Getafe game is a good challenge as the team is pretty strong but does need players bringing in to help out. I managed to take the la liga title in my 2nd season despite being out played in alot of games, the AI struggles to contain Uche whose pace and power cause all sorts of problems for them.

One big tip is to praise Bojan and Aquino all through the first season as theu are usually released on free transfers at the end so I managed to snap them up. I retrained Bojan as an AMR and he is the best player I have next to Uche.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He I was searching for info on Getafe and just sent you a pm after finding your closed thread. I got 12 mil from Milan after they unsettled Soldado. Playing a 4-2-3-1 as well and just posted my team in the how to improve thread...you should be able to get Rivas cheap from Inter and he makes a great partner for Diaz.

AcidBurn

Uche is class and will get you a lot of goals.

You should have said which positions you need strengthening.

Loans:

GK: Vilar

DL: Insua (0 wages)

DR: Torres

DC: Caceres, Materazzi

MC ADrien, Merida(0 wages)

ML: Marcelo

ST: Buy Lewandowski

Bloody game crashed a few games in so will probably start with Getafe tomorrow now. Its hard to get quality players and with the stadium being small I am not sure you can ever make any cash with Getafe. Then that is the challenge I suppose.

Thanks for the players soli, I didnt include positions as they need to strengthen all around the squad.

He I was searching for info on Getafe and just sent you a pm after finding your closed thread. I got 12 mil from Milan after they unsettled Soldado. Playing a 4-2-3-1 as well and just posted my team in the how to improve thread...you should be able to get Rivas cheap from Inter and he makes a great partner for Diaz.

I might keep Soldado for the first season and see how much I can get for him in the 2nd on my other saves I have seen him return to Real Madrid for big money. I got an offer of £2 million up front, £5.75 million over 24 months and 500k after 20 games for Diaz before my game crashed but I rejected it. How many seasons did you get through? I have heard in this thread and in the general discussions that you can get Bojan and Aquino for free at the start of the 2nd season on the new patch. I hope its true.

Bloody game crashed a few games in so will probably start with Getafe tomorrow now. Its hard to get quality players and with the stadium being small I am not sure you can ever make any cash with Getafe. Then that is the challenge I suppose.

Thanks for the players soli, I didnt include positions as they need to strengthen all around the squad.

I might keep Soldado for the first season and see how much I can get for him in the 2nd on my other saves I have seen him return to Real Madrid for big money. I got an offer of £2 million up front, £5.75 million over 24 months and 500k after 20 games for Diaz before my game crashed but I rejected it. How many seasons did you get through? I have heard in this thread and in the general discussions that you can get Bojan and Aquino for free at the start of the 2nd season on the new patch. I hope its true.

I'm in 2011/12 and had no luck with Barca deciding to release Bojan or anything similar. I would keep hold of Soldado for a season or two because other than him and Uche Getafe lack strikers, Kepa just isnt up to it. . similarly keep a hold of Diaz as he's probably going to be your team captain for a while. Looking at my squad which has managed to get into Europe each season, there are still a number of guys from the starting squad, with the small stadium and facilities Getafe arent going to be able to compete with the bigger clubs from the start so you need to make gradual improvements.

I know not many people will be interested but in the first season I finished 6th and got beat in the cup final against Real Madrid so 2nd season we are in europe. Uche scored 37 goals in 45 games and was the best player. Managed to get Bojan and Aquino in on free transfers after they were both released at the end of the season, retrained Bojan to play AMR and he is kicking as playing really well.

Belletti and Ferriera will both come on loan to Getafe

Both have already moved to new clubs.

laligaoz0.th.jpg

Not sure how we are top but currently we are its still early I know but this is where I struggle sometimes in what to do next. I have £7 million to spend but the clubs balance is the same. I need a quality CMa I have Viana and Tales but neither seem that good so far, so do I spend some cash and risk going into debt or just see if the current team can continue? Do I sell Uche who has 7 goals in 11 games and last years had 37 goals to fund buying more players, he did have AC Milan after him but they have gone now. What would you do? I suppose if it aint broke dont fix it might be the solution but can you really see a team like Getafe doing really really well?

I will be keeping Uche the only players I can attract are Cardozo, Lavezzi, Higuain and Arshavin that might be better but will cost alot of cash. Sold Soldado for £8 million and another young player for £2.5 millionand now have £15 million to spend with a balance of £17 million and am 70k under the the wage budget gonna have to wait for the right player. Need a good attacking RB and a decent CMa.

Or Arshavin, as you already mentioned? Even though he's more of a winger, I think he could do a job there.

Santon is a good shout for WBR, he is very good and cheap.

Try Giovinco, as Swiss Pauli mentioned, and if you can't get on cheap, try loan.

Vukevic is also very good, and in the Summer if you get a bit more money than Cardozo and Higuain should do brilliant for you.

Just seen your post about Matias Fernandez in the Should I Buy/Sell Thread, he'll be a good signing for you.

Sounds like you're having a really enjoyable game, KUTGW:thup:

Uche got injured in my save at the African Nations so I tried to bring Soldado back on loan as Milan had him in the reserves....Real came in for him and he chose a return to Madrid over me for 27mil!! So Milan managed to double the money they payed for him after 20 games in 2 years, makes me wish I had put a future fee clause in his contract.

For an RB try Ilic at Betis, I picked him up for next to nothing and he was pretty effective. Depending on how pressing it is you find an RB take a look at Haruna the young Nigerian at Monaco as he's cheap and retrains to the position pretty well, my scout says he has the potential to be as good as Zapata.

This is the most fun I have had in a long time on any FM just waiting for my season to implode lol. Unlucky about Uche he is the key to this team I dont think others can handle his speed and strength just wish I could find the right partner for him Kepa seems to score a few for my side, Aquino is not quite good enough yet, Lewandowski is very inconsistent. I am thinking of bringing in a right winger and putting Bojan upfront.

Cardozo or Higuain would be brilliant but their wages worry me Higuain is at Man City and not getting paid but is on 47k a week. I dont want to put them club with big contract as the ground is only 17k so that could be a problem.

Got Arshavin on loan until the end of the season but Uche is away at the African Cup of Nations which is why I predict a fall in our results. Although we just knocked Real Madrid out of the cup by beating them 3-2 at their ground, easy draw in the semis against Barcelona, bring it on.

laligatablejz8.th.jpg

First season was well above what I expected with Uche banging in 37 goals in 45 games and we finished 6th and lost to Real Madrid in the cup final. 2nd season we got off to a great start but I have been waiting for it to all fall apart. So far it hasnt Uche has been in brilliant form, Arshavin on loan has been wicked since he arrived in January, Granero and Bojan on the flanks have been really good aswell. The defense of Gioda, Cahais and Diaz rotating at CB have been pretty solid, Ustari has been sensational between the sticks. As you can see from the league table there is only 8 games left and we are level with Barcelona at the top but these are our final fixtures.

getafefixturesuh1.th.jpg

Some tough games to end the season with, so do you think that my team can do the unthinkable and win the league? Will we hang on to 2nd? Drop to 3rd? Or go on an amazingly bad run and plummet out of the champions league places?

Oh and by the way yes I am very bored, got weeks off work when all my mates are still working the missus is not in until 530 so this forum is the only contact with the real world for the next few hours. Time for a good FM session.

So what do you think will happen?

Have you ever won the league when all you expected was to finish maybe in the top 8?

championsyy9.th.jpg

Easy easy easy easy easy easy lol.

Not really sure how it happened to be honest in alot of games we were out played but somehow managed to take our chances and they didnt. We won because we beat Barcelona 2-0 at their ground then we won against Sevilla and Barcelona lost to Vallodalid 1-0, giving us the title.

How the hell do you follow up that season, if this was England we would be raking the money in but I am not sure how much you get for winning La liga.

1stseasonep7.th.jpg

2ndseasonqe8.th.jpg

These were the transfers that helped me win la liga, still in shock that we pulled it off the main reason we did was because we beat Barcelona 2-0 at their ground putting us a few points ahead.

3rdseasonqf0.th.jpg

I am hoping that the signing of Matias Fernandez will help fill the gap left by Arshavin who was on loan and played awesome, I was going to try and bring him back to help the team again but he would have cost £7 million which is a bit too much for someone his age. Villa also want £2 million to take him on loan which is what I paid to have him last season it paid off big time then as he was instrumental in leading us to the title. Podolski and Wijnaldum on free transfer seemed too good to turn down neither are world beaters but then again not many of the whole squad are really. Pedro Lopez is someone who looks decent going forward and defending and will be a good solid RB for a few seasons yet.

I am hoping to get champions league football this season as I think the title was a one off, I cant see Madrid and Barcelona losing 5 plus games in one season like they did last year. I will be happy to become a champions league side until I can sell Bojan for £50 million lol. Bojan signed a new contract and is now my player for 5 years or until he gets upset.

The board spent £10 million upgrading the ground which plunged us £5 million in the red but I sold off a squad player for £2 million and the season ticket money and champions league money has seen us rise to £3.5 million in the bank.

I really recommend this game to any one it has engrossed me as I originally planned to leave Getafe after 2 seasons and mvoe on to England but I am going to stick it out as them for a long time yet. Despite the financial difficulties it is a great game.

Not sure if anyone will be interested or even read this update lol, I will continue to post until someone gives in and plays as them.

Archived