How can i force a Takeover??

Im on my 4th season with Havant and Waterlooville in league 2 and steadily losing money every week and every season im gettin like 20k transfer budget and like 16k a week transfer budget.

my problem is this year im lookin certain for promotion but im worried when i go up my finds will be in the red and i will crash and burn.

i was just wondering is there any way to force a takeover my chairman loves the club but is obviously skint lol i want to no 2 things actually

are takeovers pre programmed to certain clubs or totaly random

The game is called Football Manager, not Accountancy Manager. Let the Board worry about the money: you concentrate on the game on the pitch. Teams always over-reach themselves financially, especially in real life.
I'd like to know too if I can be taken over as any team that I'm playing?

Yeah mike thats probably the main question i want to no can any team get taken over at any time or is it pre programmed into the game

totally agree with you but if your not in the football league then i dare say there wont be much chance of a takeover by someone with a bit of money if your looking at promotion to footie league then go for it and just try your best to keep them up next season and with the poor finances someone might come too your rescue thats what happened to me just hang in there it'll happen

so is it not normal for a manager to worry about his teams future its gonna be hard to achieve glory with no money i can always get good players for free but its wages

It's not normal for a manager to overthrow the board!

There is a way to do it - by cheating. In some in-game editors you can change the chairman's attributes. Make his age 100 or more and he'll step down due to old age. Even then it might take a year or more! Doesn't mean the new chair/board will be any better or invest any money though.

Info on editors can be found in the Editors' forum.

Two ways it can happen really, someone buys the club and takes over giving you more money etc or the chairman steps down and you get a new Chairman internally.

My game is 10 years in and only seen 3 clubs been taken over but about 10+ change chairman, might have missed a few.

So thats not very good odds. Your best bet is get promoted and staying up tbh or get well known and change clubs to a richer one. I know you may want to take the club your with all the way, but some clubs just dont have the finanial clout to make it.

I have done it in my game, from blue square south to premiership, but it was a struggle and only way I could do it is have a very small team and use youngsters and loans. After first season I was using approx 16 players and no reserves, had to use under 18s for cover.

Was also lucky I got a top class regen which I sold to Arsenal for £20m when I got to premiership, which helped.

im not talkin about overthrowing the board just want them to invest more money

Okay, again use an in-game editor to give the chairman a 20 attribute in resources (i.e. make him rich)

Alternatively next time you start a game, first use the official editor to tick the sugar daddy option.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a take over. Nowadays it's clubs witha big fanbase and a bit of heritage that attract buyers. You can make your team relatively successful in other ways. I find transfer budgets irrelevant in league 2 or below. All the players I get in are freebies or loans from my parent club (no wages paid!). I got Stafford rangers into League 1 in the minimum required seasons on FM08 doing this. I didn't play long enough to see what happens there, but your horizons start to extend, more money comes your way. Keep plugging away with freebies, sell your best players if necessary (they can be replaced at that level!) for as high as you can and forget about a sugar daddy. I remember getting Crewe taken over on FM07 and I was suddenly given loads of money but to be honest, the fun disappeared as well

Takeovers are random, they usually happen when a chairman is unhappy at a club or when they're in the red. By the way don't worry, if you go up you will GET more money not lose more, gate reciepts will go up, prize money etc. As long as you manage your wages and transfer sensibley you should be ok.

I'm in 2032 and I just took charge of Torhout (semi-professional Belgian lower league club).

About 2 weeks after I joined, the board was taken over by an Iranian tycoon who gave me 13 million pounds for transfers (the best players willing to come to the club are only worth 200k) and is upgrading the facilities.

The only time I'd seen this before was when I was managing NEC Nijmegen in FM07, and right after I left for a bigger club they (NEC) were taken over by a bunch of Bolivians who upped the club's status to Rich.

I just got taken over in the last month of my current saved game, Just in August 2010 so that would mean I am into my 3rd season, Jason Holland took over, Supposedly he was already on the board and he paid about 670m and he then advised me he will not be dipping into his own money just yet. He wont expand Anfield either :(

And NO!, there is no move to a new stadium yet, it's not even in the game to happen in the future.

To force a takeover you can use an editor to make your chairman age 90 or so, change his preferences to dislike your club and he will leave usually in a couple of months tops.

I don't know if any of the current editors allow you to do this, but note that it will not guarantee that you will end up richer, the new chairman may not plough any money in. To be honest for that hassle you may as well just use an editor to give the club some money.

I'm in 2032 and I just took charge of Torhout (semi-professional Belgian lower league club).

About 2 weeks after I joined, the board was taken over by an Iranian tycoon who gave me 13 million pounds for transfers (the best players willing to come to the club are only worth 200k) and is upgrading the facilities.

The only time I'd seen this before was when I was managing NEC Nijmegen in FM07, and right after I left for a bigger club they (NEC) were taken over by a bunch of Bolivians who upped the club's status to Rich.

How on earth have you managed to get to that year do you not sleep

How on earth have you managed to get to that year do you not sleep

I've only just started playing, to be honest.

When I got the game I was very busy with work and uni so I started the game with Use Real Players unticked and then went on holiday for 24 years.

That's pretty much how I play every game.

Guest mikeytwigge

If you get taken over though it could be by a chairman who sells all your best players or wants to bring in a different manager

finally settled on just keepin my current chairman found out through the edditor he is 43 but i really dont want to cheat so il just see what happens im confident i can do well with no money just hope i dont go into administration

im in a similar situation, newcastle manager, top of the league 1st season.

im probably going to end up winning the league and i bet i dont get any money to spend.

Abit unrealistic if you ask me.

Archived