I've never used backgrounds before.......

shorty27

@Radestock or any other knowledgable soul..........

I have all the backgrounds showing when I go to squad screen but not all of them show for Match day????

I am confuddled as I have managed this with no probs in all previous verions of FM.

Help much appreciated! :)

Is there anyway to use background pictures with the FM10 Dark base skin?

I have started using the dark skin, i have background images ticked in the game but its not showing up with the base skin. They were showing up with a custom skin i was using.

So i was wondering because you can edit things with the base skin, can you edit it to show stadium background pictures?

Is there anyway to use background pictures with the FM10 Dark base skin?

I have started using the dark skin, i have background images ticked in the game but its not showing up with the base skin. They were showing up with a custom skin i was using.

So i was wondering because you can edit things with the base skin, can you edit it to show stadium background pictures?

I have been wondering the same thing. Surely there is some xml code we can add / alter to enable background changes on this skin.

Sorted it, after looking around all the threads/post i found a post showing how to do it.

No wonder the background images were not showing up, there is no boxes/main with the base skin.

The background images were there before, but i just couldn't see them because it was not transparent. :p

29982403.jpg

I've also remembered now how to stop the background images sticking when leaving the match screen. :D

Oops by making the skin transparent it now looks like this when i leave the match screen:

But i think i know how to fix this, by adding a default background image. I.e. base2010dark/graphics/background/default

Only thing is this folder is not there on the base skin, so i don't have a image of the default dark background skin to put in there.

I know i could easily add a background image from any of the other custom skins out there, but i want to keep the same default background that comes with the dark skin.

So does anyone know how i can get this image? Michealtmurray/Radestock or anyone?

Be much appreciated if someone can help. :thup:

Yes, please could you enlighten us Barkermush? I've just had a go at adding boxes/main to my base 2010 dark skin, but it didn't work. All I got was the image of previous screens embedded underneath the new screen, and no backgrounds working.

Oh, and if you use the resource archiver at C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\resource archiver then I'm sure you can get the background you were after.

Yeah sure i will let you all know how to once i have got it working properly. :thup:

Yes' date=' please could you enlighten us Barkermush? I've just had a go at adding boxes/main to my base 2010 dark skin, but it didn't work. All I got was the image of previous screens embedded underneath the new screen, and no backgrounds working.

Oh, and if you use the resource archiver at C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\resource archiver then I'm sure you can get the background you were after.[/quote']

Thanks i tried extracting the file "Skins.fmf" from programfiles/fm2010, but unfortunately i can't find the dark skin default background. I can find lots of other things like icons and the only skin background i could find was a default transparent one....

Ok i have used a different transparent box from a different skin and i seem to be getting some where.

Because it's a darker transparency the skin looks a little bit darker as does the stadium backgrounds but this makes the writing easy to read on a transparent background.

I have also noticed to the left side of the screen there seems to be a gap or a line. I have tried alsorts to get rid of this but to no avail. You can hardly notice it and if you can live with it then i'll let you know how i did it.

55872098.png w1024.png

37185209.jpg w1024.png

Barkermush - As far as I can see the background used by the default skins is located here - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\graphics\backgrounds. You'll need the resource archiver to access it.

The other one, which you found (I think), was located in the base folder in the skins fmf. (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\skins\base\graphics\backgrounds).

I would definitely want to know how you have got the backgrounds appearing, and how to solve the repeating previous screen image from occuring. If you don't want to post here then feel free to PM me.

Barkermush - As far as I can see the background used by the default skins is located here - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\graphics\backgrounds. You'll need the resource archiver to access it.

The other one' date=' which you found (I think), was located in the base folder in the skins fmf. (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\skins\base\graphics\backgrounds).

I would definitely want to know how you have got the backgrounds appearing, and how to solve the repeating previous screen image from occuring. If you don't want to post here then feel free to PM me.[/quote']

I've sent you a pm. :thup:

Do you know how to stop the background images sticking when leaving the match screen??

I am having this problem

Are you still having problems with this?

I have figured out how to stop the background images sticking when leaving the match screen, if you still haven't fixed it.

Archived